Dignity Health Employee Reviews in United States

Hostile environment, terrible management
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 29, 2016
Management here makes this a terrible place to work. He cares about nothing but money. You're constantly working short staffed. The nurses who've been there forever are lazy, and it's too bad they're the ones who train new nurses because then they're lazy too. Only new grads are hired so good luck working with someone experienced. The manager definitely has his favorites, so if you're not one of them, good luck. Nobody is held accountable for their actions. Charge nurses are lazy and have no compassion. People wait for hours with legit emergencies because nobody cares. Coworkers are nothing but drama. This place pays well, but it has to in order to keep employees
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Everything else!
good work environment
STAFF NURSE TELEMETRY (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 25, 2016
This hospital provides care to a diverse patient population which I enjoyed serving. There was the opportunity to work with multiple medical issues and to keep my skills well utilized especially in telemetry, wound care, infection control, pain management and with mental health patient issues. Patient conditions were always changing and my assessment skills were of great asset in treating this patient population. It was a floor where the turn over in patient population was very fast with frequent admissions and discharges. There was a need for expert coordination of care with all care providers and I felt my education was well utilized in this setting.
Pros
diverse, often unstable and challenging patient population
Cons
inadequate staffing at times
One of THE best places to work!
Enterprise Technology Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2016
Dignity Health is a wonderful company to work for. From their Mission Statement right down to the employees. They really do live up to their motto "Hello Humankindness." I worked for one of the best, compassionate, kind and sincere bosses anyone could ever ask for. They have one of the TOP best benefit packages for their employees and are very involved in volunteer services. I has to leave as I needed to move across the states to care for a sick parent. Otherwise, I would still have been an employee. Its a great place!
Great culture
Refunds Clerk/Collections (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 17, 2016
I loved being part of this great company that knows how to take care of the employees. Working conditions were great, there was a sense of family
Great team to work with
MATERIALS MANAGEMENT SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 15, 2016
Our manager was very supportive and allowed the Contract Analyst/ Materials Administrators the autonomy to create new and challenging projects. He was very active in all of our endeavors.
I was able to develop processes for new product introductions and process. Although not all ideas were implemented we were able to discuss openly and all feedback was considered a bonus.
Perhaps the most difficult part of the job in the beginning was getting the OR Directors from seven different hospitals to come to agreement all at the same time. We over came the issue by meeting monthly and communicating daily via email and phone. This resulted in product conversions and equipment purchases happening simultaneously and on schedule.
The most enjoyable part was the doctor's, nurses and other staff that I worked with. They all were very informative.
Pros
Pay, benefits, associations
Cons
Occaisional missed lunches/ breaks.
good coworkers
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJuly 10, 2016
Great coworkers, great patient population. Management not always accessible or open to contact. Regular hours, schedule is not always consistent, will be moved to different areas based on need.
Procurement Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2016
Management could use some more training in people skills however for the most part a great place to work. Benefits are incredible, no premium on health insurance
Be prepared to work hard!
Registered Nurse, ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 4, 2016
RNs at Dignity Health manage ALL aspects of care. We are the transporters, patient care personnel, secretaries. We take out our own trash... literally do everything!
The staff is kind and helpful, but definitely stretched thin due to recent cuts.
Working here is very stressful, in part due to the inherent nature of the job, in part due to the demands put on employees.
The salary and benefits packages are extremely competitive, which makes it difficult to leave and go to another company.
Use to be a great place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 2, 2016
The hospital seems unstable, less staff with more work. No longer seems to be a safe place to work. Been called off for the past 6 weeks - no way to support your family.
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
Incompetent and unfit Management
No Dignity
Management (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 12, 2016
Dignity does not care about the employees. All about the numbers. Beware! Old equipment and buildings. All about the Director bonuses. It's a popularity contest. High turn over.
Cons
Horrible culture.

Want to know more about Dignity Health?

Ask a question
Warm and inviting staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2016
Everyone in the Sports Medicine Department is always welcoming and willing to help everyone or do whatever they can in their power to best assist one another. I learned how to work effectively with others, as teamwork was always needed by the staff. My head supervisor who has now relocated, was concerned more about numbers and stats rather than providing her employees resources to work efficiently. The hardest part of the job is the work overload caused by low census, and the most enjoyable part of the job is recognition from the physicians and patients.
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
bad union
Great facility to work at, Rotations keep you from being bored!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
I have recently relocated to Moreno Valley,looking for a job with a reasonable commute.

I enjoy working with the staff at Dignity Health,
The training they provide is exceptional.
The most difficult part of the job is morgue duty, releasing patients to the coroner.
I enjoy interacting with other people and also giving them a sense of security.
The camaraderie of my coworkers is great,
Pros
Training, Good Management, Potluck Thursdays
Cons
5 hour commute
Great People
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 2, 2016
Very collaborative and supportive of each other. They are always willing to lend a hand to each other. Friendly and encouraging
Pros
Fast paced. Team work. Always working towards the next change
Cons
UnderPaid
Productive but relaxing at the same time.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 1, 2016
I liked how I got to deliver equipment around the hospital and assisting with the discharge of patients. However, whoever was in charge of us didn't train us well about HIPAA. Mostly liked working at the front desk because all I had to do was answer the phone from departments in regards to delivering equipment or giving them a number to another department, write passes, direct visitors to the appropriate areas, and assist in discharge of the patients. However, they rotated you every 3 months. You would be at the front desk and then in the cafeteria. You wouldn't go anywhere else, so therefore I liked the front desk because I actually enjoyed some of the tasks that I did, as mentioned above. And I personally didn't like working in the cafeteria because I didn't want to deal with food or standing in a hot area for a long period of time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have a visitor at the front desk in which you're assisting to and they have the most positive attitude and that rubs off and can make your day. I also liked training the new trainees on how to do things and where things were.
Pros
Awards for your hours
Cons
Some co-workers didn't do some of the jobs, poor training on HIPAA
Team culture enhanced effective patient safety, education .
Staff RN Behavioral Health Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 27, 2016
Provided much education to staff, learning experiences for safe patient care. Management very supportive and working with ancillary disciplines with encouraging team morale.
Pros
Educational programs as nurses
Cons
Busy schedules yet workable with my system of creating routine best for safety
Good management. Great interaction with customers.
CPT II (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMay 25, 2016
Innovative. Very fast paced and never boring. As challenging as patients can be, the interaction always balances in favor of the friendly and pleasant over the unstable.
Bosses and management are very good, I actually relocated from my last job at their prompting. Enjoy my fellow employees for the most part.
Pros
Appreciation from management
Cons
System restrictions
Nice place to work
Per Diem Radiologic Technician (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 22, 2016
Typical Day at work is a busy day, starting with routine x-rays, portables, c-arms and fluoroscopy procedures. I learned that there is no "I" in being a "Team" member. My co-workers are very professional and teamwork really plays a vital role in the every day / weekends we worked.
Pros
Short distance to home
Cons
Very busy, sometimes we miss our break in the afternoon due to patient load.
Great Benefits, Company Values ignored by management
support staff (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2016
I love my benefits, and what the company stands for. Only problem is the local leadership in the Sacramento area DO NOT live or even lead by example the company; Mission, Vision & Values.

It's rather disheartening.

Also, do not pay employees as high as other health care organizations in the region.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Poor Leadership and pay
Job Task
Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
Work with project team members.Excellent team members who are willing to help each other.The address critical issues very quickly and faster.
Not what it seems...
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMay 5, 2016
I had a terrible experience working in this company. The management for the ultrasound department is terrible. Alot of favoritism, ego-trips, and retaliation goes on her. Especially with upper management. The radiologists aren't that great in what they do. You can't ask many of them questions. They treat you as though u should know everything. One doctor actually speaks down to everyone who's not a doctor. THINK TWICE BEFORE CHOOSING THIS COMPANY AS A WORKPLACE.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything...