Dignity Memorial Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
SCI, Brook Haven GA, Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 8, 2016
Outside sales, helping families to pre-plan their funeral arrangements,
community seminars
great leadership
and a great team and support
I enjoyed working with the clients and offering guidance and assistance during a difficult time for the families.
Family Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn Memorial, Gotha, FLMay 25, 2016
I learned a great deal about the industry. I learned that people need guidance and counsel during one of the most difficult times of their lives and that I could offer them that guidance. It was a very demanding and fast paced position. The position requires organizational skills and self-motivation. The hardest part of the job was also the most rewarding…..guiding people through the process of losing a loved one.
Excellent
PRE-PLANNING ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 18, 2016
Advisors assist families, most often in a home sales presentation
Helping them make decisions about the planning of their Funeral Services and Cemetery Property needs in advance of their time of need which includes making decisions about insurance or trust information
Motivational envoirmement great training great bonus for acheivments
Preplanning Advisor (Current Employee) –  5600 Carroll Canyon RoadMarch 12, 2016
Excellent training they have good motivation meetings some of the managers go over and beyond assisting you in trying to produce income in a difficult industry.
Pros
good payout on the funeral part
Cons
to many lean month this is straight commission
The House always wins
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Holly HillFebruary 29, 2016
These people are vipers. Was told that as long as families are crying, apply pressure to make sales. Manager was a liar. Could not get sales support material and in order to make sales, manager suggested discounts that came from my commission.
Pros
I loved working with the families.
Cons
I hated being told to gouge them.
nice job
Family service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 4, 2016
work environment is great but some form of management is weak, they very emotional , they full of racism, they make you sell persons things that don't need to meet there goals
Pros
sales
Cons
work alot of unpayed over time
Good culture, hard to break in
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Long hours, but a good people. They could be a little more truthful during the hiring process. I would STRONGLY recommend that one has an alternate income source before going to work there. The hardest part for me was dealing with the deaths of children. If you are sensitive to that sort of thing, then you probably want to stay away. The most enjoyable part was helping people. Management style was difficult to comprehend sometime.
Pros
Good co-workers.
Cons
Hours, and pay.
Excellent Employer
Memorial specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Promotes a team environment and many of the people who work here are wonderful people who will assist you with anything you when needed.
Dying career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 29, 2016
I worked for Dignity for 6 months. Everything that has already been stated is true.
They do a nice job with funerals.
They do a terrible job of respecting and caring for employees.
Making min wage, demanding a lot in caring for families while working on archaic computers, in old and poorly insulated locations. No training. High expectations to perform. Lots of burnt out admins. Depressing business and would not wish my experience on anyone.
No structure, consistency, appreciation or pay!!
The feeling of taking care of families or making sure that they are not ripped off, fades quickly with the stress of of the job.
Not a good place to work!
Pros
Lots of options for locations to work
Cons
Poor management, no or little pay, depressing, no respect or appreciation. Lots of turnover.
Wonderful Place to Work
Driver/Funeral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 12, 2015
I only worked for this place for a short amount of time. I was a driver for funeral home and was responsible for picking up deceased persons and taking them to their destination. I assisted with dressing and casketing. I loved this job and the hardest part was when they put me on funeral assisting. I didn't like that very much because I cried at every funeral.
Pros
wonderful staff and co workers, very eager to teach
Cons
no advancement, part time

Want to know more about Dignity Memorial?

Ask a question
Biggest Sales Challenge Ever
Pre Planning Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2015
Impossibe if you rely completely on the company's marketing and leads, possible if you have a strong network. Commission sales, flexible schedule, fantastic company to represent but long history of shuffling sales people in and out and seeing what works. Great training but lacking in technique of selling something few want to think about or buy.
Pros
unlimited training
Cons
very few people make the cut
Requires thick skin, constant hustle & must be self motivated. Management is numbers driven & often will not allow for new strategies to take affect.
Pre-Planning Advisor & Veterans Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxOctober 7, 2015
Management is supportive, but numbers & production driven. It's a sales position which offers an extremely valuable product. They could use some help in the marketing dept. They change course on a whim & often will not allow a marketing campaign to take root.

The training is excellent. I have certainly learned a lot from the veterans of the company. The turn over is extremely high because they hire people with little or no sales experience & everyone's pay is based on their sales performance. There is no salary.

Our team promotes a team environment & many of the people who work here are wonderful people who will help you with anything you need. There are a few improvements that could be implemented to make Dignity the best place to work in sales.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Micromanage, disorganized.
They provide all the marketing materials
Pre-Planning Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 28, 2015
Good company to work for, the hardest part of the job is the constant changes to procedures. Training is excellent at the start of employment, it's a bit more fragmented as time goes one, too much time required at the office attending meeting for jobs that are 100% commission.
Pros
good training
Cons
too much turnover
It is a good company and love to service families, however do not enjoy sales and hours worked of 55 a week.
Family Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting families and counseling the families on at need basis. I do not like the sales part cold calling and trying to get them to buy property/funerals
Pros
At need basis in servicing families--boss
Cons
Sales and pay--days worked average of 55 hours a work week
People are just dying to get in
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 26, 2015
Extremely flexible position and I was able to set my hours to meet my families needs. I worked 45-60 hours per week door knocking, cold calling, networking, and working tradeshows.
Management in my division was phenomenal. Great leadership that was truly inspiring.
Co-workers were the best. In this line of work, empathy took precedence. We were all supportive of each other.
Hardest part of the job was living on commission only.
The most enjoyable were meeting clients and making their lives peaceful knowing they had this piece of the puzzle taken care of.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Commission only
Sales
Pre-Planning Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2015
I learned a ton about funerals and cemeteries. It is a bit hard but it does pay off. You have your own schedule as long as you make sales.
Run away!
Pre-Need Councelor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2015
All lies, from the first interview on. I don't have the payment plan with me, but, one part is something like this:
You sell $20K in one invoice you get 8%, $30K - 6%, $40K - 4%, $50K + 2% commission.
If you don't make your goal you get $9.00/hour that is a draw, meaning, when you sell (if you do it) they will discount from the commission. The problem is that you accumulate every month you don't make it until it becomes unbearable and you have to leave or they make you leave.
Pros
Cookies.
Cons
Please see list bellow.Too long to describe here.
Very Hard work
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2015
This was the hardest sales job I have ever had to do. They worked us a lot of hours and expected a great deal of sales every month. Great job if you have no family.
Tough gig
Pre-need Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 27, 2015
a very difficult job if you don't have a network of people to sell to. Lots of great incentives and I enjoyed the team that I worked with.
Dignity Memorial Cemetery
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa PaulaJanuary 2, 2015
I would do sales for Cemetery and Funeral. I would go to families homes and consult them about every different package that Dignity memorial offers. I would have to go door knocking and get customers on my own.I really enjoyed that job but it was kind of difficult to sell cemetery lots to people no one like to take about death especially about our own .Also getting paid by commission was difficult at times.
Pros
customer service
Cons
get paid by commission

2.8