Dignity Memorial

Dignity Memorial Employer Reviews

Funeral Home
Family Service Counselor (Current Employee), colorado springsOctober 29, 2014
Ok company - not a very stable income. Wish there was a better way to pay my bills andf stay with thisa company.
Excellent repoire with families served
Family Service Counselor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2014
Service families at a devastating time in there lives. Assist with all of the preparations for the final resting.
Great Place to work if you have a license in insurance and great leads
Community Service Counselor (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: lead source, 100% commission with no base pay for efforts made
I enjoyed working for the company but felt like I would've been more successful if I had my insurance license as well as a better lead source. Many people had the same issues.
I love Dignity as a company and what they provide for their customers. My family and I have personal experience working with them and we were extremely pleased.
Was a positive setting, but very difficult market.
Pre Planning Advisor (Former Employee), Bonita, caJuly 7, 2014
Pros: training availabe
Cons: not enough training, and you are responsible for networking, calling, going door to door.
I went to work there to try to help families pre plan for cemetery, and funeral needs. Unfortunately, it was not a good fit for me. I was spending 40 to 50 hours a week (commission only) trying to encourage families to pre plan.
Protecting families
Pre-Planning Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2014
must have state license to sell funeral the state takes forever to process. outside sales, set own schedle
Independant work, that you create!
Pre-Planning Advisor (Former Employee), Westminster, CA.April 9, 2014
Pros: rewarding when selling
Cons: commission sells that are hard to sell.
The company doesn't pay as well with or without your Life Insurance License. Have to create your own leads and can be rewarding if you can sell enough business to compensate your income. Problem is that it takes some time to build up your listings of potential business for pre-planning cemetery space or Memorial Services. The consumers are not always – more... willing to do there pre-planning for their memorial Service even thou it can be benedictory to the families of the passing. – less
Lies.
Sales (Former Employee), St. Louis,Mo.February 23, 2014
Pros: free cookies
Cons: all i learned here was what kind of person i would never want to be.
Still trying to figure out how Management personnel sleep at night. I have never witnessed a more deceptive and narcissistic representation of management.
I was lied to from the start of the interviewing process. This included fake tears from the Manager to make me think that the families served really mattered. Bottom line was/is pressure sales which – more... included bullying and belittling of employees only to build up the purse of the Manager. If you walk in here with your family and think that they care about you and your deceased loved one, you are sadly mistaken. They do however, plan to take advantage of you monetarily in your time of grief. – less
A Very Poor fit for me
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 7, 2014
The branch is poorly managed. Intimadation and many hours try to replace professional management.
Not anjoyable
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Working here was depressing and it was hard to stay focused because the lack of technology available to become successful.
nothing to build a client base with
Preneed Agent (Former Employee), Evergreen Park, ILDecember 12, 2013
Cons: no leads
A lot office time spent actually doing nothing and hoping to get clients. No clients, no commission.
Great Place With Lots of Potential
Family Services Counselor (Current Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 7, 2013
Loved working there, was fast paced and flexible yet gave many opporunities to be very prosperous in sales
Great products- Excellent ministry to grieving familes
Manager of Pre Need Final Expense Sales (Former Employee), Everett Wa.October 11, 2013
Pros: great encouragement, people felt and knew we cared for them.
Cons: short breaks need to be balanced, my teams knew they could ahve a break when they needed one, as long as the work quota was done right and entered correctly. i tried to be flexible, yet held them to our daily quota of appointments, sales and calls.
As a sales person, I listened, studied the products and presentation until it was part of me, which provided a good income.
As a manager, my great lessions came from our weekly meetngs, with the director of sales, and director of the market.
Upper management constantly help us understand process, keeping people motivated through one training, teaching – more... by example, plan your work months ahead and build your team and assimilate all new new staff into the model.
My co-workers were and still are good friends, we worked as a team, yet, I was the one to sit weekly doing evaluations helping them to see how we can best help them overcome challenges to reach their financial goals.
I loved my work, love people and loved having a vision to get my team to the top of the Market.
The hardest part was hiring, training from ground zero (no expeience)
to an advisor who could go through the process and make the sale, this took about 6 months per person. There is so much to know.
Building my team, developing plans being creative, and putting it all together so we could get infront of peoplemaking presentations and see my staff making a good living! – less
Very few people actually make enough money to live.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2013
Pros: good benefits and a lot of locations
Cons: lowest pay in the industry, they continue to keep you from making a living, you're just a number and they could care less about you.
It's all about the politics not talent! They throw people to the wolves and could care less if they stay or go. Upper management is a joke and everyone knows it.
Depressing
LABORER (Former Employee), Hampton, VAFebruary 13, 2013
You spend your days digging graves and setting up funerals. The shop was also part of the crematory so they were bringing in people every day for that. You worked in all weather no matter what
Great Business to Work For
Landscaper/Maintainence (Former Employee), Hudson, FLFebruary 3, 2013
Being able to help families in need was a great experience to be a part of. The wide spectrum of people coming together to make one's last wishes come true was amazing. I did a little bit of everything during my time there, and I don't think I could say anything negative about the company.
Very social and a fantastic training enviornment.
Community Service Counselor/ Planning Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2012
Pros: got to meet and talk to alot of people and families/great sales meetings
Cons: again the subject of my visits..........and the loss of loved ones.
Secure appointments to consult families on their options for the final funeral and cemetery arrangements. Management was very helpful and would assist with any field assignments. Co-workers were very helpful everyday infact it was recommended you help in in way possible. The hardest part of the job was the subject.......death and getting ready for the – more... final day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relief you could feel from the families knowing they had done the right thing and not leave that burden to their loved ones. – less
Rough
My title was a Family Service Counselor (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLOctober 20, 2012
Pros: educational
Cons: death, grief, babyand
Dealing with funerals and deaths was hard enough but asking the family for the money was worse. Selling the plots and products was educational but i could not do it.
Amazing support unit
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: amazing managers
Such a beneficial way to not only help families with something they need but make money at the same time.