Dignity Memorial Employee Reviews

Very stressful position,enjoy fellow employees.Managers not so much.
COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2017
Extremely and difficult position working with families when a loved one passes.Managment always have you under the gun to produce numbers.Especially Calvary Hill location. Their motto is compassion caring.But it's more bout Commission caring.Fellow employees great to work with.Long hours
Pros
Free lunches, and monthly award dinners.
Cons
They claim to reimburse you for your license and training classes, but they never did.You are alway under the gun to produce
Difficult sysdtems made it hard to be efficient in sales. Culture was drab and clicky.
Family Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 7, 2017
Too many people invilved with others making my job hard due to nepotism. The first direct manager was nice and fair regarding how thkngs were run, but the new manager helped people and not others make sales.
I liked the flexibility of hours and when sales were good the paychecks were awesome.
Easy work and nice work environment
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 24, 2017
A typical day at work starts by mowing the lawn, trimming the roses if it is summer time, and using a leaf blower to clear the side walk. I take a stroll outside the complex to see if any thing needs to be cleaned, For example, trash and weeds. Afterwards, I begin doing janitorial work inside the building to make it appeasing to the employees and customers. what I have learned from this job is that a lot of work is needed to make an appearance of a building nice to attract clients. It is a very enjoyable place to work and and it easy work. if I could choose the hardest part of this job it would be the commute of having to drive all the way to Mojave. Management has a lot of trust on the employees and may call if a problem is spotted and needs to be fixed.
Product
Pre-Planning Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2017
Getting clients to talk about funeral arrangements is difficult if not impossible. Must be comfortable to about death on a regular basis. Cold Calling and door knocking are common practice for clientele.
Intergrity, Respect, Induring Relationships
Pre Planning Advisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside CAMarch 27, 2017
I have had the chance to work with families to determine the final arrangements, and to be able to be a part of a decision that can be at times very hard. I have learned that bye being able to explain the value and the important of being pre arrange for that day is very important. Its been a job were I can use all my skills and abilities to achieve the piece of mind to those families. Meeting diversity in culture and personal taste to be able to humble myself so that I know that I can secure them piece of mind... The hardest part of the job is knowing that they are actually pre arranging because they have to do this because of a illness and that maybe this may be there final decision that they will be making it can be hard but I try to listen so that I can give them what they are looking for and that there final wishes are done as they ask for.
Pros
Being able to meet new people everyday
Cons
non
Laid back
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2017
Very laid back work environment with Independent work. There is no chance for advancement. Several attempts at advancement were blocked by direct supervisor.
Large Company
Pre-Planning Advisor (Current Employee) –  OregonJanuary 25, 2017
Dignity Memorial is a nation wide company. From a sales aspect it is hard to have just one general over view for all states. Its should be different goals according to what is popular in your specific state. Very hard to track your commission.
Pros
Easily transfferable to other states
Cons
Hard to track your commission
Very competitive,
Pre Planning Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Good work environment, lot of sales. Did great job there and learn about funeral sales. Good revenues. Commissions were good and won sales prices.
You get what you put into it
Family Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2017
I came into the job knowing it was a sales job, however, I decided to just service as many families as I could instead of seeing them as dollar signs. It paid off! The base is minimum wage.... but you don't have to make that. I made minimum wage for the first 6 weeks... that's because I was in training and getting to know the park. After that, I tried to help families I knew, and families I would get to know, and it has paid off. I was meant for this.

This job is NOT for everyone. You can't sit and wait for families to walk through the door. You MUST be willing to create relationships, make appointments, do seminars, buy a table at an event.... treat it like your business and you will go far. If you treat it like a job or if you are just trying to chase a dollar, this job is not for you - you won't make enough to eat noodles every day.
Pros
Helping families, great co-workers
Cons
Sometimes days are long
The best network of funeral homes on the planet
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 30, 2016
Dignity Memorial is the best chance you could ever have of succeeding in the final expense industry. They have very beneficial packages, in depth training, and management second to none.
Great Company
Pre-Planning Advisor - Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for. The managers are awesome and always available for you. I can trust any of them to be there for me whenever I need them. The time you put in is mostly on your own schedule. I just realize total commission sales is not for me. I am more customer service and not just a sales person.
Pros
No set schedules work at your own pace
Cons
no sales no money
Bad vibes
Family Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chalmette, LAOctober 20, 2016
Management is always wanting the sales team to go against each other over and over. Makes things very uncomfortable. Im always trying to ignore it but you only get in trouble from there
Pros
sales team sticks together
Cons
management wants wars
Stressful work enviroment
FSC/ Pre-Arrangement Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 24, 2016
Very stressful and poor management. Commission sales only but required to work long hours in the office. No time to prospect for new leads.
Pros
love helping people
Cons
commission only
Fun place to work
SCI, Brook Haven GA, Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 8, 2016
Outside sales, helping families to pre-plan their funeral arrangements,
community seminars
great leadership
and a great team and support
I enjoyed working with the clients and offering guidance and assistance during a difficult time for the families.
Family Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn Memorial, Gotha, FLMay 25, 2016
I learned a great deal about the industry. I learned that people need guidance and counsel during one of the most difficult times of their lives and that I could offer them that guidance. It was a very demanding and fast paced position. The position requires organizational skills and self-motivation. The hardest part of the job was also the most rewarding…..guiding people through the process of losing a loved one.
Excellent
PRE-PLANNING ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 18, 2016
Advisors assist families, most often in a home sales presentation
Helping them make decisions about the planning of their Funeral Services and Cemetery Property needs in advance of their time of need which includes making decisions about insurance or trust information
Motivational envoirmement great training great bonus for acheivments
Preplanning Advisor (Current Employee) –  5600 Carroll Canyon RoadMarch 12, 2016
Excellent training they have good motivation meetings some of the managers go over and beyond assisting you in trying to produce income in a difficult industry.
Pros
good payout on the funeral part
Cons
to many lean month this is straight commission
The House always wins
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Holly HillFebruary 29, 2016
These people are vipers. Was told that as long as families are crying, apply pressure to make sales. Manager was a liar. Could not get sales support material and in order to make sales, manager suggested discounts that came from my commission.
Pros
I loved working with the families.
Cons
I hated being told to gouge them.
nice job
Family service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 4, 2016
work environment is great but some form of management is weak, they very emotional , they full of racism, they make you sell persons things that don't need to meet there goals
Pros
sales
Cons
work alot of unpayed over time
Good culture, hard to break in
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Long hours, but a good people. They could be a little more truthful during the hiring process. I would STRONGLY recommend that one has an alternate income source before going to work there. The hardest part for me was dealing with the deaths of children. If you are sensitive to that sort of thing, then you probably want to stay away. The most enjoyable part was helping people. Management style was difficult to comprehend sometime.
Pros
Good co-workers.
Cons
Hours, and pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Memorial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7