Dillard's, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,618 reviews matching the search
stress full
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2017
My typical day at work was working from 9-6. I work 28 hours a week. Managers were very nice and kind. During the week it was super slow, sometimes there wasn't customers.The most stress full and hard about this job, was that they required to get credit apps( rewards card) That's how they call them. Every time I would ask customers if they want to apply for one, the answer was no. The big managers were very strict about it. That would stress me out a lot.
Dillard's management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 27, 2017
I have met some amazing people while working at Dillard's but management is absolutely terrible. Managers do not care about the well being of their employees.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
bad management
Productive nice place to work
Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 27, 2017
No complaints really just wish I had more hours money is very good multi cultural and all around pretty nice I work with some really nice people that care about what they do
Pros
Great sales
Cons
Not enough hours
customer sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 26, 2017
A typical day consist of stocking merchandise, and assisting with customer sales. I learned how to complete customer service sales. The hardest part of the job was I was working full time at High Plains Radiology and almost full time at Dillard's. The most enjoyable part of the day was assisting customers
Pros
Working at a location that was busy and made the time fly by.
Cons
sales quota expectations.
Fun place to work but not for the faint hearted
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 26, 2017
Employees dont work together as a team. Instead they look out for each by taking others sales. Management is very passive with this issue and constantly demands high quotas from each employee.
Pros
Great discounts, good pay, and fun place to work
Cons
High quotas, no room for advancement and management is to laid back
I was happy to have the job.
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 26, 2017
This was another learning experience. Dillard's expected an extremely high dollar amount of sales production, for a wage that was not livable for me.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
pay rate extremely low, for the amount of work expected
Making a difference
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 26, 2017
I enjoy recruiting team members and developing them into productive managers. I believe that you must demonstrate your expectations. I want a career that I can continue to grow with and excel at. Very open to new ideas and shared interests. Very personal and approachable. I believe my skill sets would be an asset to any company.
hard place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 25, 2017
be careful working here the high sales goals makes the work environment very stressful for both employees and managers. they don't care how good a worker you are if your sales aren't good enough they fire you.
Good company, good pay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 25, 2017
Nice company to work for. New employees need to be trained more. Sometimes short staffed due to economy and less shoppers in the store so more staff is not needed.
Pros
good company, nice managers
Cons
new employees need more training
Not the best work place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 25, 2017
Not the best company to work for. The management was not the best, was not a company to stay with. I dont have anything else to say. They try to be fun to attract people.
Currently employed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 25, 2017
Due to currently being employed with this company, I do not desire to disclose anything revolving my experience while employed with Dillard's company.
Very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 25, 2017
Dillards was an ok job. It was sometimes hard to deal with costumers who were rude. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up the store every morning, sometimes it would look like a tornado came through. Everyone at dillards were great people, they were what made the job fun!
Dillards
Sales Associate/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLMarch 24, 2017
Its a great place to shop but to work well is a whole other subject. Sales Associates will steal customers and therefore your sales reflect. If customers return items it goes against you.
the customer is always right.
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2017
Dillards is like most typical large chain stores, a sales person is just that, they aren't very personal and generally as long as you meet goals that's all that matters. They often seemed short staffed on managers, or the managers were over worked. Associates were expected to deal with things until someone came along to help a situation.
Pros
steady hours and pay
Cons
often short staffed
Productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2017
A nice place to work for. People are friendly. You have to be organize and willing to clean up fitting rooms. Fast pace environment. Meet great people.
Fast paced and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 23, 2017
Typical day at work is making sure I provide the right products and services for customers
The hardest part of the job is making sure I meet my sales quota for the day
The most enjoyable part of the job are company events
fun place, different games on holidays
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2017
good place to work fo,Associates are good team player. great management team member always ready to give the best customer care. a really good company to work for.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short brakes, health care
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2017
Dillard's was a good place to work. The only times it got stressful were during the holidays and large sales events. The pay was good but the way their pay scale works really needs to be modified. I was laid off because I transferred to a smaller store and could not possibly make the sales goals they had set.
very good learning working environment in retail, good for gaining communication skills very well organized very professional would recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 22, 2017
fun and great working environment building good communication with customers multitasking everyday managing sales in stores making sure customer service was excellent
Pros
good pay
Cons
no cons really
flexible place to work.
BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 22, 2017
This place is super flexible, and pay well. the only bad thing is favoritism and hours they give you. I barely have 15 hours a week and for that I lost my 25% discount.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dillard's, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9