Dillard's, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,290 reviews matching the search
Excellent place to learn customer service
Regional Sales Manager for the Men's Department (Current Employee) –  Town center of AuroraFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day at work at Dillards would be to train and direct new employees to their jobs
Dillards has taught me the computer
Dillards has taught m to anlalyze people and be able to help them
The manages are hard working and a great team
My co workers are a great team
The hardest part of the job is the fact that they are downsizing
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and helping them to decide on the best product for them
Enjoyable place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLFebruary 9, 2016
There is a lot of competition on the sales floor. There is plenty of opportunity for advancements. The hardest part of the job would be meeting sales quota.
Cons
Scheduling.
One of the Worst Retail Jobs Ever!
Cosmetics Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I literally walked out of this place, which I have never done in my life. Between the unorganized management, to the unrealistic sales goals it was like being in "the place beneath our feet"! I was hired to replace another Cosmetics Business Manager who was promoted to Beauty Director for Dior. I was told that she would be staying on for 2 weeks to train me. This is not what occurred at all. She was there "managing" my counter for the entire time I worked there. It caused a lot of confusion and created tension between myself and the part-time Beauty Advisers. There was even an instance where I was reprimanded by the person whose position I was supposed to take over! The roles were not assigned clearly and I was never given the opportunity to do the job I was hired for. It was a shame.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment, no clear direction from management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 8, 2016
i learned how to upsale better since sales were the prime income i enjoyed working there the atmosphere was amazing everyone really liked their job
Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 6, 2016
Just no, Don't do it. Management is just as unprofessional as the employees. Corporate is a mess, Everything about this company is a disaster.
Competitive but good discount
Junior's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Its a typical retail job, if you open you have to count all there registers in your area and the same if you close. You help customers, ring them up, put out new merchandise and do markdowns, It would be worth the $12.00 and hour they start you off with if it weren't so competitive. Grown women in other departments would come over and take a sale right in front of you and god forbid if you it to them. The managers say they will take them about it but then encourage them to keep stealing the sales. If you don't make your sales goals they fire you. Which is pretty reasonable but the daily goals are calculated by all the Dillard's in the the district soo if you work at a really dead mall you're screwed. I was expected to make $800 dollars a day but could barely get half of that on good days, and returns count against you so there were days I would get negative sales. There was no way I was gonna make my goal. The managers decided to fire me at my 3 month review but never actually told me, or gave me a chance to bring my numbers up. They let me work through the holiday season and let me go blaming it on a review I never actually had. Also they understaffed all the areas. They would put one person in all of the home department which is half the store and expect people from other departments to go check on the area.If you don't mind a competitive workplace with little chance of advancing than you can definitely work here. They only thing that made it worth it were the girls that worked in the same area as me.
Pros
Discount, long lunches
Cons
competitive
Lots of team work and positive.
Cash Office and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 4, 2016
Everyone works as a team and is very nice environment to work in. Also all of the customers are delightful. The managers are very nice and like to get things done. The hard part of the job is keeping everything organized because its such a big store and very few of us.
Pros
Hour lunch and empolyee discount
Cons
Only part time
quota pushing part time job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 4, 2016
For a college student this position would be okay, the hours vary and are never the same it is nearly impossible to get what you request and to get a consistent schedule. They pay is good starting at 12 an hr but can go down if performance is poor.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours, management, flexablitlity
Stressful Environment
LancĂ´me Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Working at Dillard's for a year was a complete eye opener. I understand there is stress anywhere you go. the thing with Dillard's is that they do not understand that times are difficult with the oil being so low.
Decent Work Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 3, 2016
Its alright. Extremely dedicated to customer service. No matter what it takes. Since its at the mall all they care about are the sales. Even if its completely dead they still expect you to make your quota
Pros
Everyone is pretty nice
Cons
Managers arent as involved as they should be

Want to know more about Dillard's, Inc.?

Ask a question
fun and creative work enviroment. Lots of room to advance and grow
Area Sales Manager - Cosmetics and Fragrance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Fun work environment, creating lasting clients relationships, co works are fun, friendly and always willing to help you. Managers are great.
Pros
gratis, dicounts, benefits
Interesting place to work, must enjoy sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 2, 2016
Good environment, you must enjoy sales and building relationships with people. Always focus on your self and your goals.
Upscale
BUSINESS MANGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 2, 2016
Very fast past and competitive in a commission base environment.
i loved the customers because you had a chance to meet a lot of people from different parts of the world.
Pros
Great Environment
Not a good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Not considerated of the employees at all.Treat them like trash. Don't treat the employees right. empolyees frusing about helping guest and doing it in front of the guest.Not good at all.
Pros
no free nothing
Cons
very short breaks
Fun workplace, but no job security
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 1, 2016
You have quotas you have to meet or you'll get fired. However, the pay is good and the discount too. It is a good part time job.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers play favoritism
exciting and fun workplace.
LLC (Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Assisted customers with merchandise. Learned how to sell effectively. Could never have a saturday off. co-workers were nice and the environment was a team oriented place.
Pros
meeting new faces each day
Cons
work every weekend and 65 hours+ during holidays
Dillard's is not for everyone
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 29, 2016
I was placed in the fragrance section and had outrageous sales goals. They did not understand that it is impossible even doing everything they say "works". I also was hired with an agreement with the assistant store manager that I could have days off for a already planned vacation, and they didn't give me them off. I was forced to calling in everyday because they are unorganized. I hated my experience with this company and would never go back.
Pros
Discount, paid ok
Cons
They treat empoyees like they don't care about you.
Dont do it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 29, 2016
DONT DO IT

low pay
long shift
hours got cut
lame PTO schedule, only got five days of PTO
Pros
one hour break
Cons
low pay
Poor management and tense work environment.
Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 28, 2016
My experience with this company was not the best. Management treated associates poorly and expected too much but were not willing to help or support in any way. It made for a tense work environment.
Part time helping family business
Office Hand (Current Employee) –  Floyds Knobs, INJanuary 28, 2016
My father owns the business, i would come in when i have extra time to help him with paper work, and phone calls, and with whatever else came up that needed to be handled