Dillard University Employee Reviews

Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 10, 2017
Working with my peers to ensure there is a voice between the students and residential life and making sure their on campus experience is fun yet beneficial to their overall experience at an HBCU
It was workstudy
Work-study Student (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 5, 2017
The job that I was working at was not a permanent job. It was a work-study job that I would work at while I go to school. I required minimal hours and I couldn't schedule my hours during classes
lack of advancement
ENGINEER ON DUTY (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 31, 2017
A typical job. Less encouragement to learn more about your job. No particular place for advancement. Kind of like stuck at a place in time.
There is so much potential that is going nowhere.
Pros
good people make the day go by.
Cons
cutthroat managment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 24, 2017
While an employee at Dillard University, I was provided with the opportunity to learn new tasks without the pressures of feeling hurried or not wanted.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Nice place to be employed
Media Coordinator/administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  On campusAugust 13, 2017
Nice place to be employed. Basic Monday through Friday. Paid holidays. Educational concerts. Very nice dinning services. Nice place to have events. Exercise area.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Nice Job
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 9, 2017
Everyday I come to work and take care of grass,flowers and more flowers... There is nothing worth talking about since Its just a small job that I did for a couple of years.
One of the worst jobs I ever had
Director of Communications and Marketing (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 4, 2017
Dillard University makes it nearly impossible for anyone with training or expertise in their position to succeed. The university has a deeply entrenched culture of back-biting and territorial-ism that prevents new ideas from being appreciated or cultivated. From the president on down the management strategy is one of micromanagement and interference with very little support. The morale of the employees is low and the dissatisfaction of students is high. The facilities and equipment are outdated and there is no budget for initiatives.
Great workplace
Dillard University (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 1, 2017
I loved it . The workplace was very inviting. The job was not difficult it just took quick thinking abd trial and error. The supervisor ks the best i have ever had, and it has prepared me for work ANYWHERE.
good place to start your career
Campus police officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2017
good place to start your career and move up to be a patrol office protecting the ppl day and night. undergo training such firearms ,DT, and much more .
dillard
Dillard Universotu (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 19, 2017
working at Dillard is okay, There are some good things and some not so good things but overall its not a bad place to be. The students give you a sence of purpose.
Pros
flexability
Cons
compensation, no moving up
Laid back work enviroment
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 15, 2017
The work place is a laid back, quiet environment. The work is not stressful. The workers are older, very friendly and very helpful. This departments is not big.
Pros
Cons
pay
Great company
Grant Accountant/General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 5, 2017
This was the very first chance I had to actually work full time with general ledgers since completing college. I relish the opportunity and thrived in the opportunity.
Pros
Lots of
Productive workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 19, 2017
Would recommand job this would be considered a learning exprience. The most enjoyable part was the team working around my school schedule while registered.
Peer tutor
Supplemental Student Instructor in Mathematics (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work would be helping high school seniors that are preparing to start college in mathematics. At this time I was majoring in mathematics for two years and become apart of a program to help students outside of the classroom. It was to ensure that they understood the material that was presented by the teacher.
Pros
The students were passionate
Workstudy job
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70122April 18, 2017
Work study job so it was a great experience i learned a lot from the management which lead to them trusting me with a lot and giving me chances on college things like recommendatins
Dean of Students for Student Engagement (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 27, 2017
Very well versed inclusive fund raising firm. The employees and the management are great. It was a nice tenure for me. Great students.
Enjoyed working with students
Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed assisting students one on one with all the academic challenges that they had with their in-class assignments.
Pros
Working With The Students
Cons
Productive Place to work at in the black community
Assistant Photographer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 30, 2016
Throughout my tenure at Dillard University, i have truly enjoyed my experience. Nothing short of exceptional. I have ultimately learned how to work with men and women, and manage the life outside of school because of their love and support.
Hard work, constantly busy
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 13, 2016
I really love the students, Staffing was an issue, never enough people when you really needed them. Managers need could have been better. I did not care for the constant fussing about doing the job they were getting paid to do. People skills needed for some of the employees and Managers.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
No work life balance
Enjoyed the work and committed to the mission and purpose of the university.
Director University Communications & Marketing (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 7, 2016
As Director of communications and marketing I learned that you have to be flexible as well as assertive in relating to a variety of audiences, both internal and external. It was a welcome challenge each day to balance working with the media, writing and editing publications, as well as directing art work and advertising for constituents in every department across the campus.

The most challenging time was always during commencement as I served as chair and then co-chair of the baccalaureate/commencement committee and was actively involved in helping to coordinator and promote other events that occurred during the same week.
Pros
Colleagueship, creative freedom
Cons
Limited resources and personnel