Dillard University Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Assistant Professor, Nursing (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 25, 2016
Many improvements needed in the Nursing department
Salaries are not up to national standards in Nursing department.
Dillard University is a great working environment as a whole. Family oriented;; Would send my kids to school here.
Stressful work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2016
Working in Dillards was honestly like being in High School again. there was always so much unnecessary catty drama, some supervisors were just over controlling and sometimes would speak to you in a way of trying to belittle you. you couldn't sit down unless you were on your lunch break and the loading dock was always hot enough for you to pass out of a heat stroke. a enjoyable part of the day were the chances i got to eat lunch and see one of my co-workers and were actually still friends now.
Pros
some co-workers were cool
Cons
the enviornment overall.
productive
Volunteer Assistant Track & Field Coach (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 2, 2016
Great area of work. You can get stuff done work towards your goals. It a competitive and friendly work place to push you. Arrived at work set at a meet, set up workouts for the day and head to practice
Refreshing environment
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 29, 2016
Dealt with students and faculty daily. Loved the daily energy of the students. Hardest part about this job was dealing with my coworkers who didn't want to make a difference in a students life.
School
Assist Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 26, 2016
Provided me with the tool to go out in the corporate America to interact and engage in the different situation. Everyone in the different offices is there to help the students. They assist the students with contacts, financial help or studying in different programs to expand their education.
tight knit family orientated
Lead Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 17, 2016
I enjoy working at Dillard, the staf is helpful and everyone works together. everyone on staff works hard and helps each other out.
Love the University & students; salary is just not sufficient.
Assistant Professor, Nursing; Junior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 21, 2015
Dillard University is a great place to work!
- Work is extremely rewarding. A typical day at work begins between 8:00 and 9:00 AM and ends between 5:00 and 6:00 PM. It includes course work (lecture/lab and preparation), constant interaction with students and co-workers, about students, curriculum, etc. I'm a professor who goes the extra mile for students, as evidenced by per passing grades, student successes, letters and emails of appreciation from students to me.
- In interim management roles, my mental health background afforded an opportunity to be a progressive, yet firm and decisive leader. Effective communication is my strength.
- Management functions quite successfully via an open-door policy.
- Challenge - insufficient salary; student's ah ha moments - reward.
Pros
Management & students
Cons
Salary
Is not a stable place
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 1, 2015
No good conditions or benefits working as a part time employee, besides, a lot of work to do. The students attend to class when they want, it is hard to deal with that situation. There are no opportunities for promotion and the institution avoids hiring full-time staff.
Working at Dillard University
Director of Risk Management & Auxiliary Services (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 10, 2015
I loved my job at Dillard, and thought I played a vital role I was very dedicated. I was very disappointed with some key decision that were made.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Salaries are questionable!
Great experience overall
Student Nurse/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 14, 2015
Great experience overall. I learned a lot. I would recommend to anyone. It was hard to overcome some obstacles but I did.
I enjoy the culture, community and growth of the University.
Police Chief (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2015
I am the current Chief of Police at Dillard University. In this position I work with the Department Heads of the University, Mayor of New Orleans and the Chief of Police of New Orleans in addition to Law Enforcement Directors throughout the Federal, State and other local jurisdictions. I have a interactive beach mark management style which allows me to interact and review statistics in reference to the safety of others under my care and scope of position.

During my career of law enforcement which spans over twenty years I have learned that quality customer service is the key to building relationships. In addition once you have developed the conduit of information to move forward in assisting the community you are charged to a help. The hardest part of the job is getting people to buy into the system on hand. Once you get the community to listen to the services you can deliver, they are then ready to buy in and work collectively with you. Once they agree to listen you must also be willing to find out what their needs are and assist them with the problem on hand. Once you has buy in the relationship is in the developmental stage and its up to all parties involved to keep the partnership growing in a positive direction.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see the fruits of your labor. When a community is at a point where they believe in the system and know that there are avenues that will assist a person or community with a problem to build positive change.
Pros
Community development and educational growth and the regenerating grow and positive energy.
Cons
Individuals in the community attempting the deconstruct whats has been built.
It looks like Dillard was not thinking highly of Chinese language program
Chinese Tutor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 23, 2015
Assisted students with Mandarin by correcting their pronunciation also gave students some oral exercises and scenarios dialogues during the course of class.The hardest part of the job is student was not willing to review on what he or she learned so that it looks like progress is slower for their achievement.
Dillard University
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dillard Univeristy-Williams HallMay 16, 2015
Dillard University is a wonderful place to work. Not only was I receiving an education but I was also experiencing what it is like to have a full time job as a resident assistant.
Great group of people
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 30, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company, I would not have traded it for anything. They really care about their co-workers and students. Everyone matters at Dillard University.
Great place to work and use your experience the best way that you can
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 18, 2014
Ongoing students with different problems and questions, where its hardly time to break. The enjoyable times was basically everyday, it was never a dull moment. It was always something to do, and always interacting with people.
Pros
interacting with people
Keeps You Young
Program Director (Current Employee) –  New OrleansNovember 16, 2014
Working with 6th - 12th grade students is the highlight of my day. Seeing the growth of students is a very emotional process. However, seeing them become successful from middle school to high school and enrolling into a post-secondary institution, is highlight of the job.
Never working there again
BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 16, 2014
Poor organization, poor fiscal responsibility, lack of compliance, poor pay, poor management, lack of technological investments
Pros
working with students
Cons
lack of pay
Position was made difficult by the President at that time.
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 21, 2014
No comments will be submitted of what I experienced. Only suffice to say that there is a new president, and the university is now vibrant and moving forward at a fast rate. Even Michelle Obama was the keynote speaker at the university's 2014 commencement. The students are wonderful, the cafeteria is top-notch New Orleans inspired, and the campus offers a walk through the roads of New Orleans history at this Historically Black College and University (HBCU).
Pros
see above comments concerning students and campus.
Cons
funding and enrollment is sometimes difficult.
Purchasing Buyer/Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 23, 2014
Love working at Dillard and the job that I do. Love being around and helping the students.
Assisting/ Serving College Students
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 10, 2014
To keep the teachers, Students and Visitors and Faculties safe on campus off campus and at the dorm rooms.Assist in fire drills with a great Protective Services team.The hard part was keeping the people out that did not go to school there late at night.And enjoying part was seeing the kids grow from freshperson to Seniors and to see them graduate from college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dillard University. Our community is ready to answer.

Dillard University Reviews by Location