DILLEN PRODUCTS

DILLEN PRODUCTS Employee Reviews

Factory Worker (Former Employee), Middlefield, OHMay 20, 2015
Dillen Products was an established organization that allowed their employees to be productive, and hardworking. Though I do not approve of some of the rules, they are set in place to keep Dillen Products an engaging place to work.
Not a very good place to work at all
Operator/ Utility Clerk (Former Employee), Middlefield, OHMay 13, 2015
Pros: Nice co-workers
Cons: Poor mangement
A typical day would be to come in and do the best you can and not be appreciated for a doing a good job at all. Most co-workers were nice, but a few were not. It seemed that supervisors were able to do whatever they wanted and not get in trouble for doing wrong, but were quick to get rid of employees for minor mistakes.
Would be a great place to work if management was not so terrible
Extruder Operator (Current Employee), Middlefield, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: a million tons of scrap a year due to mismanagement.
In six months my mild carpal tunnel syndrome which I have had no problems with in 17 years of factory work went from mild to mandatory surgery. When the managements policy is work harder not smarter, this is why Meyers is trying so hard to sell off Dillen Products and all the employees want out too.
Great People to work with but didn't get paid well
Warehouse Crew Leader (Former Employee), Middlefield, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: managment and staff
Cons: pay
Typical day at work started off with finding out which station you were going to work at and then you would go and relieve the night shift of their position. you would catch flower pots of many kinds and box them or place them on pallets according to the order on the sheet listed on that specific line. Before packaging you must look at the quality of the product to ensure quality control. Sometimes the machines worked fast due to the size of the pot or could be slow which enables you to work two stations or help the person next to you.same time every day one morning break, a lunch, and a after – more... noon break. They are 12 hour shifts but you work 2 days on 3 days off 3 days on 2 days off so its nice to have every other weekend off and time with your family. I learned to work as a team and be a team leader when needed. I honestly loved my job there and the people i worked with were amazing and i really enjoyed seeing them. The hardest part about the job was when quality started to go bad and you had to inform someone of the problem and you had to walk away from your area and come back to a big mess because the machines dont stop until the maintenance guy comes to correct the problem. Overall I liked it there. – less
Hot, machines set the rules.
Packer (Current Employee), Middlefield, OhioJune 4, 2013
A typical day at work is a hot, fast paced environment. Sometimes it is difficult to keep up and temperatures can be up to 130 degrees and the machines set the pace.
low pay for too much work. a company of empty promises
packer 3 (Current Employee), Middlefield ohioJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: benefits are decent nice co-workers
Cons: everything else
ive worked there for three years and have been regretting my employment since day one. there is no advancement in the company as promised. you are stretched beyond your duties without extra pay. the management makes airheaded decisions reguarding the quality of the product made. yes its an american company but our main competitor is a chineese company. and the rival company makes much better product due to stricter qc standards. compared to other factories in the same area, the wages are lower and the workload is higher. even though management says otherwise. I would strongly suggest working here part time as a temp at the most. otherwise youll be wasting your time.
The nice thing about working in my Department is its air condition
Print Tech (Current Employee), OHSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: it was all new to me and i had a lot of good training by a lot of good people.
Cons: second shift and 40 miles away
This job is not a bad job, the people are very helpfull but I would like to work day shift.
Drove a tow motor
Utility Clerk/Tow Motor operator (Former Employee), Middlefield, OHJune 22, 2012
I would grab a tow motor and start by getting material for the machines. Then i would wrap and bandage the finished products and put it away. I learned how to use scanners for inventory. Management and my co-workers were good people. Not having enough time to finish my job was the hardest part. When our boss told us we did a good job.