Dillon Transport Employee Reviews

managermaent
Crude Oil Hauler (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: 4/2 schedule
Cons: leaning how to haul crude oil
don't take charge of the company an just like dispatch do what ever to the drivers any time they want to do to drivers thank you
Just Be Careful!
Driver (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Easy work
Cons: Slow trucks, a lot of downtime
I worked out of the Savannah (Ellabell) terminal. Nice people to deal with. When I quit they deducted $600 from my last paycheck for "orientation and training"! It was #22 on the list of stuff I initialed but, regrettably, didn't read. So pay attention to what you're signing. Trucks are automatics and slow as molasses. BTW, don't fall for the $80,000 per year claims. The e-logs will ensure that you fall far short of that.
Good Pay
Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Greeley, COApril 14, 2015
As long as you fit in with the other office staff your fine. Otherwise it like you are in high school. Drivers are awesome to work with.
Worthy of at least a try. No guarantees until you are proven.
Tanker Driver (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: Easy work. Uniforms. Easy going. Home daily most times
Cons: Asphalt gets everywhere. Limited loads to start.
Dillon is company that prides itself on productivity. The bottom lines is the most important thing with most companies. With Dillon it is paramount. The business of asphalt is seasonal and it drops off at a certain time of year. They also haul gas oil. Most of the loads are dispatched to the drivers that have managed to stick around. The newbies will definitely get whats left. I was hoping that there would be a more evenly distributed load board that would have kept me around a little longer. I wasn't totally pleased with my tenure there at Dillon but I'm sure other drivers have had a lot of success there. As far as equipment goes I never broke down. I would say that Dillon would be perfect for the driver that kind of likes it "nice and easy".
Poor upper management "corporate"
Dispatcher (Former Employee), GreeleyMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Weekly Pay
Cons: Upper Management Corporate and Med Insurance way to high
Unfair practices regarding pay for drivers. They will tell drivers a certain percentage witch is true but the drivers are not aware that corporate already took $100 off the load so inturn the drivers is not getting the correct pay. Save your time and STAY AWAY!
Long haul driving work place
Driver (Current Employee), Heidelberg, MSJanuary 15, 2015
A typical work day at Dillon Transport consists of a pre trip inspection, loading at the facility, driving to a bigger facility, offloading the contents of the trailer, and going back for a second load. The hardest part of the job is the driving. It can be very exhausting.
It was a job but there are definitely better ones out there
driver (Former Employee), mulberry flJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: newer automatic trucks, weekly pay, saftey bonus
Cons: you're just a number. no p.t.o.. awful start times, high priced insurance, camera in the truck facing you
I worked at Dillion for 6 months. While it wasn't the worst job out there, I have definitely found better. They change your start time on you, it can be 1 am or 3pm or 9pm or anytime. They have trucks that leave every hour. The biggest thing is that there are too many employees and not enough trucks. You may get to work and wait another hour or longer for equipment. And don't plan on your weekends off for a very long time. Seniority rules there. They have cameras in the truck that is always facing you. The health insurance is ok but if you have a family it's the price of a mortgage payment every month. Some of the dispatch was nice nice but it can be hard to get a hold of someone if you quit and they owe you money. The satalitte radios that they have dont work in all the trucks. Inthink after ther year of free subscription they get turned off. Personally if they had the equipment available, lower priced insurance and better start times that work for each individual person, it may not be that bad
N/A
Dispatcher/Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2014
Pros: not at this time
Cons: no room for advancement
No room for advancement, I want to work in a company where I can learn more about the operations and be a team player
Very poor company to work for
Assistant Terminal Leader/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Windsor, COOctober 28, 2014
At Dillon Transport they are not up front with you different people telling you different things and no one ever following through with any of them . they just want to work you into the ground and their benefit package is really bad
great place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee), George West, TexasOctober 5, 2014
I learned about a little bit about the oil field business and management is great. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with costumers and with drivers.
Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee), Elmendorf, TXDecember 15, 2013
Pros: automatic trucks
Cons: long hours
long hours and management were not good.drivers are very helpful if you need direction to leases
Great Place to Work
Lead Dispatch (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2013
Great place to work, with great people. Well established company with many great perks.
Good Environment.
Parts Runner (Former Employee), McCook, ILAugust 24, 2013
Working at Dillon was a good experience for me. I got to learn from the mechanics while I did my daily tasks.
Outstanding Place to work
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee), McCook, ILDecember 30, 2012
Pros: weekly pay checks, knowing what schedule is, weekends offs
Cons: lack of work during the winter months.
Safety pre-trip before starting day, confrim the loads for the day. Choose proper loading product with gallons. The hardest part of this job would be withsatnding the fumes from liquid asphalt. The most enjoyable part of this job was managers had close relationships with all the drivers while working(listen to the needs and concerns), also being able to have own equipment.