Dillon Transport Employee Reviews

When things are good, you make decent money
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2017
They want you to be on 24 hour call but don't pay you anything for it! There insurance is way to high!! (167.00)/WEEK!!!! For two people. They seem to have a disconnect by management. The one positive that I can say is they have decent equipment!
It pays the bills and gives free ulcers
Worker (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 5, 2017
The atmosphere in my location is extremely negative at times and it occurs far more often than I've ever dealt with at past employers. I do not work well in that type of environment. Even a typical day with no problems is very tense. The stress can be near soul-crushing.

Top level management is turning over rapidly. Gives a bad impression when not one of them left for retirement.

No path for advancement out of my current position, even if interest was stated, and no raises in at least three years.

Not a good match at all, but it pays the bills for now.
Pros
Paid lunch break
Cons
Bad atmosphere
Get ready to make 500 dollars a week and work 12 hours or more
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJune 23, 2017
You make more money during training then when you get on your own, they have the worst equipment, trucks are always braking down, you have to wait for trucks on a daily. I do not recommend this company to anybody.
Pros
Dispatchers are good. (some)
Cons
No money, bad equipment, wait 3 hours for a truck.
i was a productive employee
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2017
Overall it was a good company it had its ups and downs like any other job. even with pay cuts still made good money. I have nothing bad to say about Dillon transport other than the reason I was laid off
Pros
was able to work at my own start time esiest job i ever had
Cons
pay cuts were often
Loved working at Dillon
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXMay 25, 2017
Dillon was a great company to work for, unfortunately it is at the mercy of oil prices. Benefits were amazing, pay was great, management was awesome- corporate was a tad stuck up but that seems to be anywhere...
Very stressful place
Dispatcher Manager (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FLMay 5, 2017
It is very stressful to work here. They always blame the driver, or the dispatcher for everything that goes wrong. They don't give raises, the insurance is well over $300.00 per week for a family.
Pros
You work very hard and you make good money
Cons
lots of down time
worked drivers their full legal 70 hour weeks
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMarch 10, 2017
Worked all I could being disabled. Fired for being disabled.Truck driving is a hard job especially being pushed on time and schedules.
Also dealt with the facts of loading and offloading a very hot,dangerous product. Worked 8.6 years for the company but once I got ill they fired me with no reason. EEOC is aware of this companies practices.
Pros
make pretty good money
Cons
work too much and given issues when trying to deal with medical issues.
just a place to work
Night Dispatch & Operations (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 30, 2017
nothing special, over worked and not paid enough corporate would not let the local management have any autonomy to run the business. Sales kept butting in and trying to through there weight around.
Pros
a place to work
Cons
to much control by corporate would not let the location take responibility
Alright
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2017
Job was okay. Dispatcher is great, management doesn't know what's going on. Equipment is so so. No one fixes anything blames drivers for everything. Won't work there again.
Not a good company to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 19, 2017
You will not make money.Lots of false promises.Poor dispatching and no one cares. You WILL NOT work everyday... if at all during the winter. Trucks are newer... but poorly maintained.
Pros
Cons
Expensive Benefits, Bad 401 match, No culture
Bad, bad, bad, mechanics work long hours just to make ends meat.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 14, 2017
Upper management is terrible. Saftey director thinks he's the president and calls ALL the shots. To get the Mosaic contract the company had to buy CNG engines that break down all the time. They also coupled the engines to automatic transmissions that tend to break down. The whole company is bad for drivers and mechanics. Don't go.
Worst place I ever worked!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJDecember 27, 2016
I've been driving on and off for 25 years. This is the worst truck driving job ever!
I worked out of Paulsboro,NJ and dispatched from their Ellabel, GA(Savannah) Terminal.
When I was hired they wanted me to work 6 day a week...HA...
They could hardly keep me working 5. When It got cold there was NO work. Also the bennies stink and they reduced the 401from 6% to 3%.
You will be working with asphalt out of the refinery. Don`t get it on you,it will never come off!
Pros
None. They make it hard to get paid
Cons
Paid by the load. Long hours. Lots of miles.Little money
Dont go
Hazmat Driver (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FLDecember 14, 2016
Equipment looks nice but breaks down all the time. Expect to wait on equipment when arriving for your shift. Mosaic Mining facilities calls all of the shots. Long hours and get paid by the load which is potentially bad and good.
Lies lots of hours with little pay.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 20, 2016
Was driver there for a month. I quit because on average you will be working 13 hours a day and making if you brake down your load pay 12 to 13 an hour with no overtime if everything goes right. They give people days off for any lil thing. I've driven for 10 years on of the worst places I've ever worked for hands down.
Pros
Its in Florida
Cons
Horrible company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXOctober 28, 2016
They have changed management too many times and they do not care at all about the drivers. Trucks are in desperate need of repairs and if you tell them they still send them out with other drivers. If you complain about anything they threaten you with a write up and if someone quits or gets fired they make up lies so when as company calls to ask about previous drivers they don't get hired at the new place. Also they lie to unemployment personnel so that they don't have to pay for it. This company cut rates to $48 per load instead of the $90+ they used to pay per load. They do not care about YOU. Save your time and don't apply here they are horrible people. Unless you are the type that butters them up! Then rules don't apply to you and you get away with everything.
Pros
Cons
Low paying loads. Horrible working conditions, no sick pay, too much stress, nonsense routes
Dont waste your time
Driver (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILSeptember 19, 2016
Had me go thru all the training, A's all of it by the way, gave me fuel card, entry cards and everything, and then tell me that they had better candidates.!? Couldnt they have told me this before they even hired me in the beginning. Wasted my time, dont do the same.
Bad Management
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2016
I took sick missed one day and from that day on I had to get medical records and took a dot physical 4 times and I was fired because they didn't want to pay for my medical records
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
The company from top to bottom
good place to workd
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 20, 2016
Group up with your dispatch and know what well you are working with, head to the pad or the loading area, deliver the product to the well, and start the process all over again. You may run three plus loads to the well, depending on the location. Management was very easy to work with some of the co--worker was lacking mutuality. The hardest part of my job in working in the oil field was learning the route on county/lease roads that has not been name.
Pros
Learn a lot about fracking
Cons
A high risk postion
Currently employed / Field Safety
Field Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2016
I am on the management side, specifically the safety department. I also hold the orientations for new employees in Florida. Some basic info I give everyone on the first day to not waste their time or mine:
1. Starting off you get whatever schedule is available after your training.
2. Trucks have drive cams
3. This is bulk hazmat transport in an industrial setting
4. 200+ drivers between the two FL terminals leaving every 30 minutes or so, 24/7 365. You work holidays if it falls on your regular scheduled days.
5. Pay based on percentage of load. Detention pay is hard to get unless customer causes delays. Breakdown pay only after 3 hrs.
6. When it gets really busy (two or three times a year) you can end up waiting for a truck.

With that said, here are some Pros:
1. 2000 safety bonuses a year
2. 250 plus load pay on holidays
3. Getting a good schedule takes between 6-12 months (in order we look at attendance, performance, safety record, and seniority is last as a tie breaker) usually attendance, excused or unexpired will keep you from getting a good schedule.
4. Newer trucks and all automatics
5. 600 referral bonus
6. Abundance of resources and support for local drivers, extensive training, 24/7 dispatch, maintenance, and safety personal in the field!

It's not all milk and honey, 250$ a day is unlikely for anyone new but 180-220 is manageable.
Pros
Pay, holidays, equipment, support, atmosphere
Cons
Healthcare, schedules, exposed to the elements
Victim of crude market crash
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXMay 9, 2016
It was great as long as the crude market was up. When prices dropped so did the volume of work, and so it goes.
Management is laid back as long as the job gets done, but sh?t will roll if something is missed.