Dillons Employee Reviews

The ability to move up in this company is outstanding
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee), Pratt, KSJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Benifits, the ability to move up in position, pay rate
Cons: None really
I loved working for Dillons (Chain of Kroger stores). The ability to move from and entry level position, through to management and beyond is incredible. All it takes is showing hard work and initiative, and they will help you make a plan to excel to the level you wish to be at.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee), El Dorado, CAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: good
Cons: it sucks
it really was bad when i put my two weeks notice in the last week they didnt give me no hours the week before i got seven hours
Low Morale
GM Associate/Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Derby, KSJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible Scheduling/ Lunches
Cons: Low pay, poor management, low morale
Working part time for 5 years and moving to a different department did not do much to improve my rate of pay. It took forever to get to $9.75 an hour which did not feel like much for the amount of work they expect you to do. Management only cares about keeping corporate happy and sucking up to the customers to keep them loyal. Corporate only cares about their profit margins, and do not do much to improve the work experience. Talking to the management only leads to long winded speeches about how they can not do anything or excuses to why they can not do anything. There were many safety problems in the back of the store. As a part-timer you may really feel expendable. It is also a very fast paced, busy, and stressful environment that is very overwhelming. My co-workers might be saints for working there and greeting costumers with a smile. If there weren't customers hardly anyone smiled because that job had low morale. Managers also seemed to have no idea how to actually do our jobs, how much work there was, and always acted irritated that we could not keep up with the high demand. They also preached team work but I found myself often working alone on daily routines and projects.
good place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 3, 2015
it was fun, i learned alot always a chance to move up
willing to work with my schedule. i met some good friend and i recommend this job to anyone
Great work place!
Cashier (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 20, 2015
Friendly co workers and managers! Very little stress. I really loved working for Dillons. I wish I could of stayed with them after returning from Texas!
Poor Workplace with Low Morale
Meat Clerk (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSApril 29, 2015
Cons: 30 min lunch for 10 hour shifts
Dillon's is a fine company but I have found that with them only offering 7.70 an hour and not enough hours to live on, it is a very drab place with associates hating to come into work.
Lack of Communication and Obvious Disregard for long time Employees
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), 1101 Westloop Pl, Manhattan, KS 66502April 19, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, Simple, Easy to do
Cons: Management, Communication, Lack of Respect for employees
I have worked for Dillons for 5 years, now. Yeah while you're in college, it is a great place to work. The management there is very underhanded and inattentive. Despite being told I am one of the best employees they have, I still get and average of 25 hours a week. It took me 5 years, with prior experience to get to $9.75/hr, where others have started at a higher pay rate than I have. When bringing any issue up to any manager, they will be more likely to give you a speech about why it's your fault. The company itself is lazy. The department I have worked in has had and still does have many safety violations that have not been fixed. Many things are broken, but rather than have them fixed, the company spends more money on hiring unnecessary employees. It is impossible to say no to any customer. Even if they are downright rude, the management is more likely to defend them than they are to defend the employee. I love my co workers that are my equals, but the immediate supervisors seem to have a lack of proper training, as well. If you're looking for something temporary that is the only way I would ever recommend working at Dillons.
3rd shift slow work envierment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 10, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: 3rd shift
working 3rd shift u-scan around 6am opening a register, how to use hand held for u-scan, a lot of management confusing on who I should report to, the coins star slips and cashing them out, customers were most enjoyable
HR runs the place
grocery manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 5, 2015
Pros: job
Cons: they use you
Bad from the time you clock in to the time you clock out. you can be fired for helping others out. Watch out for employee's that have been there a long time and don't want others who work hard to get a head of them
Difficult Job but had good parts to it
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches
Cons: Lack of decent management
A usual day would be to go in and finish up others work if they never got to it.
I learned how to print lables for product
Co Manager was just fine, previous two managers were either unable to handle how others worked or would berate clerks for not being their pace.
Co workers were nice and helpful when they could be
Going into the Freezer to get frozen product
Most enjoyable part was the hour Lunches
Work with schedule.
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Leavenworth, KSMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Promotions, discounts
Cons: Favoritism
I like the 4-1 shift so they work with you to get you hours and what shifts you want. Great work environment. Good promotions, easy ways to move around within the company. Good management.
not there long enough
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee), Liberal, KSMarch 15, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
not really at job long enough to give accurate review although people friendly what you would expect from a grocery store most likely
Review Summary
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Manhattan,ksMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good manager
Cons: no healthcare, not paid what i am worth
Dillons is a great Company to work for wish I could just get 40 hours a week. The job is easy but there is no hours. I also don't have any benefits
excellent place to work
Dept head (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 7, 2015
Pros: pretty much everything
Cons: store downsized
the only reason I am no longer with them, is due to the fact that they closed all the stores in KC area, now I think they are down to just a few in KS , great job, family feeling.... Loved it and all I worked with
Productive, fast paced environement.
Fuel Clerk (Current Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 2, 2015
Pros: clean environment, friendly coworkers
Cons: short staff, high turnover rate, impatiant customers
My typical day at work is spent assisting customers with their needs and getting them on with the rest of their day as quickly as possible. The location I work as is generally pretty busy so helping them without a long wait isnt always a guarantee.
Nice new building to work i n, coworkers are helpful
Pharmacy Technician/Clerk (Former Employee), Derby, KSFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: discount on kroger items
Cons: no breaks, short lunch
Very, very busy place to work. Software is not user friendly.management is very tight. learned how to do multiple tasks at a faster pace. hardest part was trying to give quality customer service while pushing through as many customers as possible.
was a good paying job
Meat Department Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: 5 weeks vacation
Cons: not enough help for the amount of bussiness we were doing
fill cases, run lunchmeat, wrap meat, do markdowns, order lunchmeat, clean. I enjoyed seeing people come in that I had known for years when they would come in and shop
Good Experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 19, 2015
Managment and Coworkers were great
Work can get busy, depending on the store location
Day can get boring
Good place to work, and good pay while going to school
Cashier/CSS (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: fast checker
Cons: nothing
cashier
Becoming a fast checker, and learning the numbers on produce.
I loved working with my managers and co workers.
Nothing was hard about this job
Just being able to get customers out fast with a speedy checkout made me happy.
It was a great company to work for.
Deli Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: being a deli manager.
Cons: the way they closed.
I like being a deli manager. Customers were great , My associates were fun to work with.