Dillwyn Correctional Center Employee Reviews

Virginia state jobs are very low paying
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Dillwyn, VirginiaMarch 9, 2015
The work at Dillwyn correctional center is supposed to be a healing environment but there is no healing here. The management only care about having a body in the places that they need. I learned a lot about different types of personalities and how to deal with managing people and how to help them with issues that would not be a problem outside of a prison environment. The job is not hard but the managemnt is seeming to be against it's employees and in the past 3 months or so there has been a large turnover rate. I like getting to understand people from all walks of life and helping them undertand that being incarerated isn't the worst thing that can happen to them Giving them a different viewpoint and suggesting positive goals to earn them a honest living when they are finally released back into society. I enjoy most of my co-workers, we work as a team mostly and find that we are all here to make a difference in the lives of the offenders incarcerated here at Dillwyn correctional center.
Pros
5 days off
Cons
only two 30 minute breaks in a 12 hour shift, management cares little for it's employees and seem to work against them, haven't had a raise in years, pay is very low
Challenging
Office Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dillwyn, VAMay 6, 2014
Good work environment, steady pace and new changes from day to day
Pros
good experience
Cons
buddy-buddy system
A Good Learning Experience
Psychology Associate I (Former Employee) –  Dillwyn, VAApril 17, 2013
While working in the psychology department, I learned many things about being a mental health professional and how to coordinate with various groups and personalities. Difficult work sometimes, but a good learning experience.
Pros
great boss, supportive co-workers
Cons
working inside a prison, eating prison food for lunch
I enjoy working with others
Painter (Former Employee) –  Dillwyn, VAJanuary 3, 2013
Working as a team get goals completed in a efficient manner, you build good professional relationships. While I can work independently, the team is what gets the job done.
Great Place to Work
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Dillwyn, VAJuly 31, 2012
Great place to work if you would like to work as a Correctional Officer.

Want to know more about Dillwyn Correctional Center?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dillwyn Correctional Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8