Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Excellent place to learn
Inside Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 25, 2017
Very good technical resources and very good sales and sales support staff. Management has too many layers and dedication to enterprise clients has suffered and accounts have been lost.
Long hours, lack of recognition, advancement
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 19, 2017
Workplace culture is, well, "overwork your employees and then do it some more." Long hours on a rushed project that didn't go very well had everyone at their breaking points most of the time.
You worked hard so others could make good money
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 21, 2017
As an inside sales rep, you support outside reps you take you for granted. Management didn't care cause the reps were hitting the numbers. Nexus was a good place to work, went down hill when bought by DD.
Good growing experience, but probably not typical for an employee.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMarch 1, 2017
I held an internship, so my day was probably not a typical experience of an employee. I assisted with updating documentation for process manuals, such as minor editing, updating pictures, and ensuring that the steps were still relevant and clear in the guides. Also, I worked researching the ordering process to help find what was issues were preventing them from proceeding.
Pros
Paid, variety of work, friendly coworkers
Good Company to work for
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2017
Been with them for 5 years and they are a good company to work for. Good balance between life and work. Upbeat and multicultural office. Opportunity to work from home depending on department.
Great place to work.
Renewals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCMarch 1, 2017
Good team gel and mix. Everyone helped where it was needed. Great managers who went out of their way to assure you had all the materials that was needed to achieve your goal and expectations.
Can Be a Great Team Environment
Deployment Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2017
I was brought into DD to save a client project (PetSmart) which was in great distress. Utilizing the skills I had developed on a project for 7-Eleven and other large organizations, DD gave me the freedom to build a deployment team of project coordinators, manage the vendor rack/stack field techs, and with the assistance of their internal PMO we had excellent success in reviving a troubled program and angry client. Under the mentoring guidance of PMO head Gerry Samchuck, I was given great deference in achieving similar successes for Xerox Corp, Compass Bank, Lexus Nexus, and an internationally-owned set of supermarket chains. Due to an economic downturn and change in PMO management, I was no longer needed. It was terribly unfortunate the manner in which I was let go after 6+ very productive years as a consultant and FTE.
Pros
Access to great clients, initially given great latitude to build project teams
Cons
Internal politics
Over worked, never enough people to perform required functions of the job,
Global Support Center Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 16, 2017
Always required to be available 7/24/365 with out compensation to match the hours worked. Work days wee very hectic being pulled into many difficult situations.
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
Management out of touch with the work load placed on it's employees.
Great Workplace and Open-Minded and Welcoming Employees
Client Support Administrator/Help Desk (I/II) (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAFebruary 1, 2017
Dimension Data has a great working environment. Everyone works together as a team and each department is there to help the other departments. This is a great example of a team-oriented company.
Pros
Great employees, workplace, kitchen
Cons
Contractors have no PTO, Entry-level contractors do not get much of a raise after the end of the initial contract
Challenging position
Inside Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2017
This position has a steep learning curve. Each day is different. The training takes 3 weeks. The company provides the tools for you to be successful. You will be arranged account managers.
Pros
lunch, casual friday
Service Request Operator (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 3, 2016
Dimension Data was a good place to work until financial difficulties hit the Company. Company wide financial problems then facilitated mass lay offs and outsourcing.
Pros
Dimension Data accomodated my schedule when I needed to handle family matters ect...
Cons
Company wide financial problems facilitated mass lay offs and outsourcing.
DD had right Idea but failed to make decisions
Senior Level 1 Engineer (Former Employee) –  Suffield, CTNovember 1, 2016
I loved working at DD. However, in trying to become the leader in Video Delivery they were not aggressive in consolidating infrastructure. They still have the finest service and laborer.s
Pros
Talented work force
Cons
Too much redundancy if using tools provided they could have been more productive
Large Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Service Delivery Platform Partnership Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2016
Large company with a global reach. Lots of technology innovations, to be carried over to managed services offered to there customer base. Because the company is so large, learning and navigating the organization can be difficult. Because the client base is so diverse, its drive the technology changes the delivers to its customer base. I get to work with people around the global, which is very exciting.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Communication is sometimes uneven given the size of the organization.
productive and fun place to work at!
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2016
Good overall company but 4 RIF's in one year tell a story of upper management style. Enjoyed my co works and a very fast pace work environment
Pros
Great people to work with within the company
Cons
DD is starting to turn into a turn and burn place to work at!
not a good place in 2016
Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2016
used to be a great place because of the people and a winning culture, but management failures in the past 2 years have caused financial distress forcing 3 layoff rif's where none of the management has taken responsibility.
Pros
past culture and people
Cons
stay away
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC. Framingham MAOctober 8, 2016
Great place to work. Went through a couple of rifs this year due to poor business numbers, the last one of four impacted myself and some other very qualified individuals
CLM division was not incorporated into the DD Culture
Dirctor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 6, 2016
The people were great, but the overall experience was somewhat dysfunctional. Change and growth were difficult to drive, the old "if it is not broke don't fix it" mentality when trying to improve processes and system functionality.
Pros
The People
Cons
Work Live Balance
Senior IPT and Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 5, 2016
Good company with lots of talented individuals working which you can learn from.
the company is reasonably present on all major cites in the US and other parts of the world.
Fun Fast Paced Work Envirionment
Mobility Ordering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 25, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working with Dimension Data. I loved my team and we worked very well together. The reason I left this company is because the turnover rate in my department was a little high for my comfort. Instead of focusing on the work we had at hand, I was spending more time training new coworkers. The turnover rate was high because our department was seen as a "get your foot in the door" position so teammates were moving to a different department at the rate of one person per month.
Pros
Teammates, management
Cons
high turnover rate
Productive and Teamwork
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  malaysiaAugust 14, 2016
- learn a new things on PMP
- teamwork and good in communication
- SOP clear for each of the process
- Trust each others in the company
- leadership in Dimension Data
- Enjoyable and Fun during working and after work
Pros
teamwork
Cons
need improve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.