Dimension Data Employee Reviews in United States

Global Solution Provider
Global Systems Integration Solution Provider (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 15, 2016
Dimension Data is a Global IT Solutions provider that focuses on Enterprise accounts. They have over 30,000 employees and are owned by NTT, the 2nd largest Telecom company in the world.
Pros
Strong Technical Teams
Cons
Need to improve turn around time for quotes and service offerings.
More politics than work ethic
Invoicing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2016
Good training but not rewarded for hard work. Politic alot with management and come with a work ethic you will do great. The next thing I would say it take a lot of notes.
Generally good company to work for.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 7, 2016
Starting at this company was exiting, but now I realized that there is no room for advancement, based on my location and position...
Dimension Data - Client Executive
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2016
There are a lot of changes taking place at Dimension Data which are driven by acquisitions of other companies such as Nexus IS. When they acquired Nexus IS, it was clear that Dimension Data was not set up to handle professional services at the level that Nexus was accustomed to. This is causing a great imbalance in delivery and successful execution.

I have learned a great deal of things while at Dimension Data . Biggest area of growth for me are Cisco and our Professional Services/Managed services. These areas excite me as they can heavily impact corporations business objectives.

My manager is an all around good person. He's personable and caring.

I work with a lot of good people around me. People who care about doing good work. That's inspiring to me and helps me drive harder in acquiring new customers.

Hardest part of the job right now is our ability to deliver on the professional sales I'm providing. I'm heavily involved selling services/managed services and we do not have enough resources to timely implement solutions we're selling. This is impacting further sales.

I would have to say that helping existing or new customers become more efficient and effective delivering their company's business objective, is the best part of my job. That's what wakes me up every day.
N/a
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2016
Dimension Data is a great please to work. The work environment is very positive and the company is growing at a fast rate.
Great Team of Experts
Professional Services Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 16, 2016
DiData was a great place to work. Excellent teamwork and highly skilled engineers. A world-class organization with thoughtful and caring leadership.
Productive and fun place to work
SR. Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wall Street, NYMarch 11, 2016
I am enjoying my work at DD. Learning new skills, system and very often added new task. Its a great place to work. At DD I am always been productive and efficient. We have great team including team overseas. Everyone here is very supportive and co operative.
Pros
Fun place to work, have lot to learn, flex time
Cons
small team here in US
Co-Workers
Application Consultant (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Great people to work with. Made it more like your own business so you were able to organize and schedule yourself. Management very hands off.
Excellent company to work for!!
Collections / Lead Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2016
Great atmosphere and very intelligent staff. CEO held regular meetings to keep personal in the loop regarding the company’s business plan and growth from month to month.
Yes I am working at client site everything is Good as it has to be at client site
MIS Executive/Data Analyst, Application Support (Current Employee) –  Dwarka, New DelhiFebruary 4, 2016
Working at client site is ok but there is no support from employer end , no compensation , there is no appraisal system , no matter how hard you work or how much you appreciated by client.
Pros
Good experience at client site
Cons
No career growth
Not bad
Service Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAOctober 22, 2015
Overall, it's an ok company to work for, just happen to move out of the area. Nice co-workers, wish they would accept remote employee :)
Challenging Position
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 18, 2015
The ticketing system is troublesome to learn and it requires someone with an aware eye to catch mistakes others have made when reviewing tickets; also the eye to jot down successful details to explain the actual process you went through when handling a client via phone by yourself.
***You've been warned***
Engineering (Current Employee) –  FramingtonAugust 20, 2015
The people are nice and say the correct things.
Most co-workers are nice and easy to get along with.
The job is a piece of cake and allows you to work from home some of the time.
They claim they want to see you succeed but there's no formal training provided and very little in house training.
Office politics are high because people want to keep the focus off their inability to manage.
I normally stay clear of these outdated little companies and I was recently reminded why.
NO process documentation so you can be arm chair quarterbacked later.
The good old boy / girl network at play.
The management is the worst I've seen thus far and I've seen bad management before. (people playing the game collecting a check, nothing really to offer).
I'm still trying to figure what the company sells and how they dupe companies in to purchasing the service.
I've seen employee turnover of 25% in less than a year.
People either leave or switch departments (if they have relationships inside the company).
It's a temporary stop for any talented professionals.
The job security is high because who would want to stay.
If you can handle the BS then this is the place for you!!!
Pros
Fun people, decent benefits
Cons
Low paying for the industry / MICRO-management / dead end - no growth potential.
Global company with challenging roles.
DIRECTOR OPERATIONS AMERICAS CLOUD SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Miami FloridaAugust 10, 2015
Great work place with challenging roles. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a global, matrix company.
great place to work, lots of pto
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burbank caJune 23, 2015
12 to 15 hour days
production line was a learning exeperience
never worked at a production company before , Co wokrers were great people to work with, some became best friends
Pros
great managers
Cons
micro manage
Work Hard Play Hard
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2015
This is a wonderful global company to work for. Work and personal life balance is great. People are great, just like family.
Good place to work with a lot of growth
Solution Manager - Converged Communications (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 22, 2015
As a company Dimension Data is a great place to work. There are some growing pains that they are experiencing because they are on the trajectory to grow exponentially. They are ambitiously grow with lats of opportunity. Becasue they are getting bigger and are global sometimes it takes a while to get things done
Leading SI
IT services and solutions specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 14, 2015
*Focus on training and personal career development
*De-centralized mangement model and focus
*Valuable partner channel
Pros
Brand Recognition and Partner relationships
Cons
Weak Leadership
Good company to work for
Sales (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 4, 2015
It’s a great company to work for, management is excellent and they are very competitive in payment/benefits. I enjoy working for my team and management. Work is never boring as it changes with the technology. The only con is that the work can sometimes become overwhelming making it a bit challenging for work/life valance. but overall is a great company.
Pros
job security and great benefits
Fantastic People
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 9, 2014
The company offers the opportunity to work with a great team of very smart, very engaging executive staff. The work life balance is there in terms of having to go into an office daily, but the way they work hard and work often. If you are part of the "in-group" there is a tremendous amount of growth potential,k but the lower level managers are not actually "growing" their staff to take on new or different challenges. Compensation is standard for the industry. The culture is one in which people like to have fun, but where the job gets done. There is very little bleed from work to social, resulting from a more mature organization.