Dimock Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Staff leaves very quickly once they are hired
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMarch 23, 2017
There are many disparities when it comes to the population. You will feel like you making a big contribution. However, tuition assistance is not the best. They do not have cafeteria as well.
Pros
Quiet place
Cons
not enough pay
Very great place to work
HIV Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  55 Dimock Street Roxbury MA 02119December 8, 2016
I have worked at Dimock for the past 17yrs it was a great and wonderful experience. I worked with a great team of men & women who went above and beyond to help our clients in need.
not organized at all
Medical Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MANovember 30, 2016
this was the worst position ive ever had. it was un organized. my supervisor didn't give me any direction. I was put in a basement with no phone or computer and to top it off they asked me to come back but for less money.
Pros
indendance
Cons
no human contact and having to do other peoples jobs.
dimock
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2016
Act as liaisons between clients and medical staff
Complete and maintain accurate records or reports regarding the patients’ histories, progress, services provided, or other required information
Coordinate counseling efforts with mental health professionals or other health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or social workers
Pros
loved everything about dimock
Cons
Best job
Fast paced, and busy enviornment
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2015
Dimock was a fast paced busy clinic with a lot of ongoing traffic in and out. between answering phones and checking in patients for their appointments at times it could be over whelming, but I like busy in my work place so I enjoyed my job.
Dimock was a great place to work. The staff was very easy going and fun to work with.
Medical Records Clerk and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2015
I learned so much while working at this company. I was able to learn a lot about what clients with mental health issues go through and deal with. I was able to talk to and be more interactive with customers because I had to work the receptionist front desk at times which allowed me to greet and meet the clients. I worked very closely with the staff while being the one who was responsible for obtaining records at their request.
Pros
Good enviroment, location close to home, good relationship with co workers.
Cons
pay, benefits were not that good at this company
Productive place to work, different programs on campus
Accounts Receivable Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMarch 6, 2015
Great Place to work
Variety of different Nationalities on campus
You have to learn how to deal with various people and cultures that come in the Health Center.
Pros
Great Place to work, Very flexible
Cons
Not too much room for advancement within the work place
this place is awful
patient acess (Former Employee) –  55 dimock st roxbury.ma 02119January 29, 2014
It has the worse management and very bad to work u dont know weather u going or coming no job security
Pros
nice opportunity
Cons
they handle your life what u say dont matter and they let u go without warnings
It is a very busy place
Medical Records Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2013
This is one of my temp jobs I had during my last year of high school .
I learned how the medical room is run on a daily basic.
Pros
filing the records in the right location.
Cons
miss filing paper work
Productive and fun work place
Mental Health Counselor l Homes Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 5, 2013
Busy and fast pace, I learned to deal with indiviudals with any disability or issues, the skills I gained were CPR first Aid, non violence prevention and also patience and people skills. I was able to work with a diverse team of many different cultures, which also was a learning experience on being ethical and morally respecting others values and cultures or norms. The hardest part was being personal with the clients and then tragedy can occur like sudden death. The most enjoyable part was the interaction of human to human contact
Pros
Communication Skills
Cons
No opportunity to grow
non
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2013
i lean how to as grop with nurss and doctor and diffrent sick peapole with all kind of durags
Pros
non
Cons
take care of sick peapole
productive busy
Latino HIV Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJanuary 16, 2013
I walk in by 8 am check my emails and voice mail ,check in with my coworkers about any client we are working with togethe,and i also check all appoitments to see if any of my client have any appoitments on that day or the week ,make phone calls to client who i have not talk to in over two weeks .
Assist clients by appointment finding resources within the communjitty
Domestic Violence Advocate (Former Employee) –  Boston,MAOctober 15, 2012
Worked close with my clients helping them find resources, fill out papers for housing, child care, educational programs depending on the circumstance. I've learned that a lot of women as well as men are the victims of abuse and it can go unoticed. I'm a advocate against domestic violence.The management was great as were my co- workers. The hardest part of the job was when their were no funds availibe for clients needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was every time i helped a client acheive a goal.
Pros
i helped people get their life back on track.
Cons
sometimes theirs no assistance availible and all you want to do is help someone.
My experience was great.
Medical Records Externship (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MASeptember 24, 2012
It was a very pleasant experience at Dimock Community Health Center. I did my externship in the Medical Records Department, were I got to build my knowledge in the medical field. I met people who taught me a great deal and allowed me to train in the center.
Busy health center
PAC/Biller (Former Employee) –  MAMay 1, 2012
I wish not to comment some people were pleasant and some were rude.
Cons
no onsite lunch room for employees
Fun, Flexible, Informative
Data Expert (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMarch 15, 2012
I spent some time working at the Dimock Community Health Center going through Data and Compiling the Diabetes Cases for review and analysis. During this time I met a lot of Physicians that gave me great advice and kept me motivated to keep pushing forward.
Pros
informative, good experience, free lunch
Cons
no pay