DIMONT & ASSOCIATES

DIMONT & ASSOCIATES Employer Reviews

Productivity and a fun lace to work
Document Admin (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAMay 2, 2014
Great company
Great Co-Workers
Friendly faces
Great benefits
My Work Place
Document Review Specialist (DRS) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 30, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: short breaks, no good medical insurance
A typical day at work consist of constant computer issues. Work is rarely able to be completed that day.
Management does not have good customer service skills at all.
My co-workers keep to themselves.
The hardest part of the job is trying to get work complete, like expected when there are constant computer issues.
There is nothing enjoyable about my – more... current job. – less
Boring, lacks challenge, and zero chance for advancement
Non-manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 10, 2014
Pros: 2 weeks paid vacation after 1st year, 401k, health, dental
Cons: low wages, must clock out for lunch, like working in a factory
Clock in and sit at a computer for 4 hrs. Clock out for 30 min lunch. Clock in and sit a computer for 4 more hours. Very little communication with co-workers because you are constantly behind on you production. Zero motivational tools used by management.
eh
Document Review Specialist (Former Employee), San DiegoMarch 12, 2014
Pros: sometimes they feed you and give you gift cards
Cons: too much work, low pay, no room for growth or advancement, expect you to come in when you are sick
No room for growth, management does not appreciate hard workers or productive workers... often popularity contest. You can get written up for things that others get away with. You have to jump through hoops to get a 50 cent raise once a year, if you are lucky.

Pay is okay but they expect you to do the work of 3 to 4 people on it. Not cool. Stressful – more... workplace. Condescending management. Sketchy area with lots of homeless and druggies.. right next to a trailer park.

Parking sucks esp. if you get there late. You have to walk down a sketchy alley with bums and crazy people. There have been multiple robberies and shootings in the area by the San Diego offices. – less
STAY AWAY....CESSPOOL OF LIES AND SLAVE LABOR
Document Review Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: bad managers, racism, too much work too little time
The worst place to work. A very racist culture. They do not take complaints seriously. They encourage conflict amongst employees. Its just a horrible place to work. They.give you the bare minimum but expect the world. Stay away and dont believe the hype!!!
Stay away unless you want to be fed lies.
Claims admin assistant (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: none really except for decent health insurance coverage rates.
Cons: little to no opportunity for growth, lies about promotions, travel, and raises. pay is barely more than minimum yet they expect a lot from you, constant mandatory overtime
I consider my time here a giant personal insult to my skills and previous experience. When I initially got on board with this company I was literally promised EVERYTHING a prospective employee would want to hear. I was promised things like a raise after my 90 day probation, opportunity for travel, and plenty of room for growth. NONE of that was true. – more... When I confronted the person(s) who hired me about all of the things that I was promised they denied ever saying any of those things. Be prepared to go through MANDATORY overtime. The thing with this company is, even though we close up for the day, the work still keeps flowing. The work keeps flowing after hours and during the holidays, yet they expect the company to be within 24 hours of aged workload. I never understood how that was fair to us employees especially with the fact that they barely pay us more than minimum wage. There is plenty more issues with this company but what I had just covered should give you a good idea of what to expect. Stay away and look elsewhere for employment; you'll be doing yourself a huge favor. – less
seemingly losing market share
associate (Current Employee), San diegoJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: birthday parties
Cons: micromanaging.. stress..
no innovation, too many chiefs not enough Indians, lots of people crying on a daily basis, back biting and spying on employees on facebook or other public media, constantly writing people up for minor issues, constant state of paranoia,

I wish they would eliminate the mgt that has no real experience in the field in which we work. layoffs then denial – more... of layoff plan.. – less
Worst Job ever
Document Review Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas,TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: sometimes the company would provide breakfast, lunch and ice cream and cake. weekly pay, lots of ot if you like making extra money
Cons: high turnover rate, no room for growth, workload is very repetitive, short lunches and breaks, not allowed to have cellphones out at your desk, not even to listen to music
I worked as a Document review specialist and I wish I never would've taken the position. Initially, I applied for a different position but was told by the recruiter that I would probably be a "better fit" as a DRS.
First off, you only get 3 days of training and you're expected to know everything by then.
My supervisor was VERY rude to employees and – more... talked down to everyone. For example, one day someone thought it was his birthday (they got the days mixed up) and decorated his desk with balloons, like they did with all employees. He literally popped the balloons on purpose, with a pen throughout the day.
The environment was very stressful because any time you made a mistake you risked being fired. Everyone was LITERALLY on pins and needles all the time because of this. Dimont has the highest turnover rate I've ever seen. In the five months I worked there, I've seen at least 10 people get fired.
Anytime you see management ask to speak to someone in a conference room, everyone automatically assumes they're being terminated, because it would happen so often.
I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone unless you just wanted to make some quick cash for a couple of months, other than that don't waste your time. – less
Don't believe the hype
former employee (Former Employee), Dallas TXJanuary 23, 2014
A group of us just got laid off in January 2014, because of lack of work. Now they are hiring again really
Administrative Assistant to CEO (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: lots of room for growth
Cons: lay offs
Job involved various tasks and there was lots of room for advancement until they lost a big client and had to lay off some employees. Unfortunately I was one of the people laid off. It was a great company to work for.
Management by Fear
Decline to say (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2013
Pros: monthly birthday celebrations
Cons: public berating
Dimont & Associates has changed in the 2 years that I joined the company. I have seen/heard managers berate their employees. Initially, it was really bad, blatant and occurred often. Unfortunately, those managers (some in Senior Leadership) are still there but it seems they are being held accountable for their unprofessional actions. Well, at least – more... they are having to apologize for publically berating an employee.

Micro managing is huge from C-level to Supervisors. The COO has a horrible disposition and definitely not good with people.

The company does have a 401k (of which they make contributions). I suppose our benefits keep pace with our geographic area (they are not great). For 2014 they increased by 7% and the company is covering 3% of that increase (which is great and unheard of). However, as someone pointed out our raises likely won't be 4% to at least cover the increase.

About a year ago Dimont was seeing exponential turnover and decided to create a fun committee. The committee puts forth some effort to bring monthly activities for the employees all in the name of making it a fun place to work. Not really believable when management talks to employees as though they are not adults.

Why am I still there? As are a number of people I am looking. – less
Work to get the job accomplished
DRS- Document Review Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas TxSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: insurance, free lunches, gifts and monthly reports (office meetings)
Cons: short breaks, very repetitive
Work environment was typical and i learned that each environment is different. But if an employee comes in with a positive attitude and ready to complete task. Everyone would be able to benefit from such an environment. Management over could use some improvement on actually managing each employee at an individual basis. Because the job has potential – more... to be stress and repetitive its important not to wear their emotions on their sleeves, for the sake of continuous professional communication between the employees. The two years of employment with Dimont i was able to see many people come and go but the relationships built helped to keep production great and well oiled. The parts of the job that were difficult were working to staying on top of production with the work load being so repetitive. making sure to not lose focus in the everyday routine that didn't change. Furthermore, there were parts of the job that were very enjoyable. Building relationships with the client through production flow for the company. Helped not only the client but Dimont, in turn every employee. – less
Micromanaged
Claim Representative (Former Employee), Dallas,TXSeptember 27, 2013
Cons: micromanage
Was not a very good communication with the employees. Was not cooperative when it came to emergencies. Was always watching the clock. If you were 2 to 3minutes late you were questioned.
A Great company to work for!
Claims Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2013
Pros: monthly activities/lunches/birthday celebrations, flexible hours, room to grow
I have never worked for a company where the management(all the way up to the owners of the company) really took the time to get to know you. The owners and upper management are always checking on the staff and making sure that you enjoy your job. I have been through quite a bit personally working here and not only my manger but upper management really – more... showed that they cared and I wasn't just a name on a report. They are always doing team building exercises getting the whole company involved in getting to know each other and having a good time. The management is always getting involved with the employees to make sure they are enjoying their job and helping make your work life easier. Dimont and Associates takes pride in their work as well as their employees.

I love that there is no glass ceiling! The management team here encourages everyone to grow within the company and move up. I have seen tons of people being promoted from the position they have started in to higher up and even management. I have learned so much about insurance from working at Dimont and hope to become licensed soon so I can move up the ladder myself.

You get yearly raises and potential bonuses, as well as compensation through out the year. They have great healthcare and 401k benefits...which in itself is a reason to work here. They also have flxible working hours to fit around your schedule.

Dimont is really a great company to work for from the in depth training when you first get hired to the staff that is more like family than co workers to the managers who really show they care. – less
Stay away!
Document Review Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasAugust 8, 2013
Pros: close to shopping centers. weekly pay. celebrations. can take breaks
Cons: management. the pay grade. traffic on 635
Disappointed in the company. Company has very poor training. Wants you to train for three days then throw you to the wolves. If you don't get things right they will fire you. Very high turn over rate. They are ALWAYS interviewing. I turned down three jobs thinking this was a good "career move" and was let go because i was messing up on things that the – more... people who "trained" me said was okay. Only positive was the weekly pay and the celebrations. Would advise people to stay away – less
Fantastic place to work
Client Support Administrator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 22, 2013
Pros: yearly raises, monthy birthdays, goal breakfast and lunches, job advancement
Cons: 635 traffic/construction
I moved to Texas 5 years ago, I was hired by Dimont & Associates shortly after and I have been here ever since, happily!

One of the great things about working here is if you do your job well, it will get noticed by not just your manager but by your senior managers who will the complements and recognition that you deserve. I really appreciate the fact – more... that we see the owners of our company who not only knows me by name, gives me a hug when he sees me, he asks about how I am personally or how my family is doing. I also receive a personally written birthday card/holiday card from Bernie Dimont every year, I have never had an owner of a company take his time to show that kind of appreciation to his employee’s.

Another thing I really like is you’re not just stuck in your job position forever, there is plenty of room to grow and learn. I’ve been here almost 5 years, since then I’ve been in 4 different job titles and have been trusted to work onsite with our clients.

This is a great company that is growing and changing. I would totally recommend working here. – less
good
DRS (Current Employee), dallas txApril 16, 2013
this company is ok i just need a better income. they have good flexible hours
Great Environment!
Current Employee (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 9, 2013
Pros: employee celebrations every month, food, games, competitive pay
Cons: construction on i635 nearby
When I joined Dimont & Associates I couldn't believe the owner, Mr. Dimont actually comes in and visits with his employees. You can tell he truly appreciates us and he is always telling jokes.
The company organizes events EVERY month to show appreciation to their employees. They have Birthday/Anniversary celebrations every month, too, on top of the – more... other organized events.
The first week I started, they closed the office early so everyone could attend a Team Building event offsite at the employers expense.
They are constantly bringing food, games, and snacks in the office for employees.
Everyone is nice and I don't feel like anyone looks down on you or there is a hierarchy of command. Everyone knows everyone.
I love it here and plan to stay.
I know you can't make everyone happy, but I think working at Dimont is the best place I have ever worked....... their pay is competitive and actually more than another job offer I received. – less
Horrible management with no employee feedback
Claims Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2012
Pros: they tried to make it a fun workplace by bringing in food, celebrating birthdays and anniversaries.
Cons: no training. pay was horrible.
Roles were ever changing and no training was available. You were expected to meet ridiculous goals regarding checks and monies received each month, all based on arbitrary figures with no real-life basis.
Would not recommend!
Team Lead (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: the pay was good.
Cons: poor training and disconnected management
Poor training, disconnected management, and long hours. Management says one thing and does another. People are used up and discarded. This is just not a good place to work!

About DIMONT & ASSOCIATES

Dimont & Associates has remained a leader for insurance claims processing for over 16 years. Founded by attorney, Bernie Dimont, – Read more