DIMONT & ASSOCIATES Employee Reviews

Strict
Sr. Document Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
I do understand work is work. But to micro-manage adults at the rate it was done at dimont was extreme. If the managers didn't like you for whatever reason, you didn't stand a chance.
Claims
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I learned a great deal about property claims working here. It was pretty neat to be able to follow the claims process from the other side. It peaked my interest enough that I went to get my adjusters license.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not much growth for minorities in the company
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2017
There should be vertical moves with increased pay rather than only lateral moves with no increased pay. The atmosphere is more relaxed since the new CEO joined the team.
Great Company Culture
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
I've worked at several Financial Services companies, and this one has been the most fun to be a part of. Company events, competitions with prizes, team branding, and incentives for good ideas are all part of what makes this company great to work for from a culture perspective. The work can be tedious, but what job isn't that way? Work/life balance is great (not required to work long or extra hours), and HR/Management do the best they can to keep everyone satisfied and engaged.
Pros
Company events, free food, snack store, decent pay, flexibility, and HR/events/management teams that care.
Cons
Tedious work, mediocre healthcare benefits
Not a good place
Document Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2017
There is no room for growth, once they let you go they take their portion of the 401 back. Business went down within months, company needs someone who can get the business back up. Upper management not to friendly.
Productive Fast Past
Operations Manager - Hazard Claims (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2017
I learned alot during my time there regarding hazard claims. Due to the amount of information needed to perform the job, company needs to develop and implement a training curriculum for all levels of staff and all should be required to work each level from beginning to end.
Pros
Good Salary
Benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Document Review Specialist (DRS) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2017
Have ability to grow within the company and a fun company to work with. I have been working here for almost two years now and it has it ups and downs like any other company. You have the opportunity to grow and move up within the company and have good incentives.
DIMONT a great place to work.
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 24, 2017
The people are friendly and the management is energetic. I fully enjoyed my time working there. I went back to visit them a while back, and some some familiar faces.
Loved working there
SR. CLAIMS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHMay 18, 2016
Great people loved working at Dimont. However since the change it has become overwhelming and since they no longer allow remote associates that is going to be their downfall.
Pros
Great company, people
Cons
No longer allowing remote associates
A year of change
SVP, Administration (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2016
The company is going through major culture changes that should result in a great place to work. The management is caring, and the CEO genuinely believes that people are the key to success. This is a good time to be on board.
Productive and fun
Admin (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I worked with great people. All my co-workers were always professional and nice to each other. There was never a hard part about this job it was just great!
Co-Workers make challenges fun to deal with
Licensed Property Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 19, 2015
Adaptable hours, filing and processing third party home owner claims on foreclose properties. Direct manager/supervisor very knowledgeable and available to share information. Upper management detached setting unrealistic goals based on lack of knowledge. Co-workers, friendly, knowledgeable, pleasure to work with. Ever changing client/carrier environment making job challenging and exhilarating.
Pros
Cons
Unrealistic goals based on lack of knowledge
Unique niche in insurance
Senior Claims Associate/Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Senior Claims Associate/Lead Associate – I hold Public Adjuster licenses in every state requiring licensure and am currently working on a client-specific team working to meet specific service level agreements. I determine the validity of claims to be presented to insurance carriers by obtaining relevant documentation to support those claims, investigating and researching property claims, determining if coverage would be available under the policy, assessing and estimating damage. In addition, I am responsible for composing letters, negotiating settlements and making recommendations on legal and coverage issues.
I am a top producer –consistently having the highest recovery and exceeding performance goals.

I assist with training and mentoring new or struggling employees and am currently working on a project to teach policy contracts in order to facilitate licensing for others.
* Develop and facilitate training on “Know the Policy”
* Completed Ad Hoc training and have facilitated local and distance learning classes.
* Provide direction, training, mentoring, and positive reinforcement for other employees.

I am committed to meeting and exceeding individual, team, and company goals. I am a self-starter and willing to come in early or stay late to get the job done. As a Lead Associate, I am the “go-to” person for questions, policies, and procedures. I have a working knowledge of insurance products and procedures and understanding of relevant laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions.
Current Employee
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2014
A typical day at the office is never the same. Depending on client needs things change often. My team is usually the first to be asked to pitch in & help. I have worked here for many years and have always been happy.
Productivity and a fun lace to work
Document Admin (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 2, 2014
Great company
Great Co-Workers
Friendly faces
Great benefits
My Work Place
Document Review Specialist (DRS) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 30, 2014
A typical day at work consist of constant computer issues. Work is rarely able to be completed that day.
Management does not have good customer service skills at all.
My co-workers keep to themselves.
The hardest part of the job is trying to get work complete, like expected when there are constant computer issues.
There is nothing enjoyable about my current job.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Short Breaks, No good medical Insurance
Boring, lacks challenge, and zero chance for advancement
Non-manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2014
Clock in and sit at a computer for 4 hrs. Clock out for 30 min lunch. Clock in and sit a computer for 4 more hours. Very little communication with co-workers because you are constantly behind on you production. Zero motivational tools used by management.
Pros
2 weeks paid vacation after 1st year, 401k, health, dental
Cons
low wages, must clock out for lunch, like working in a factory
eh
Document Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 12, 2014
No room for growth, management does not appreciate hard workers or productive workers... often popularity contest. You can get written up for things that others get away with. You have to jump through hoops to get a 50 cent raise once a year, if you are lucky.

Pay is okay but they expect you to do the work of 3 to 4 people on it. Not cool. Stressful workplace. Condescending management. Sketchy area with lots of homeless and druggies.. right next to a trailer park.

Parking sucks esp. if you get there late. You have to walk down a sketchy alley with bums and crazy people. There have been multiple robberies and shootings in the area by the San Diego offices.
Pros
sometimes they feed you and give you gift cards
Cons
too much work, low pay, no room for growth or advancement, expect you to come in when you are sick
Stay away....Cesspool of lies and slave labor
Document Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasFebruary 21, 2014
The worst place to work. A very racist culture. They do not take complaints seriously. They encourage conflict amongst employees. Its just a horrible place to work. They.give you the bare minimum but expect the world. Stay away and dont believe the hype!!!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Bad managers, racism, too much work too little time
Stay away unless you want to be fed lies.
Claims admin assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 3, 2014
I consider my time here a giant personal insult to my skills and previous experience. When I initially got on board with this company I was literally promised EVERYTHING a prospective employee would want to hear. I was promised things like a raise after my 90 day probation, opportunity for travel, and plenty of room for growth. NONE of that was true. When I confronted the person(s) who hired me about all of the things that I was promised they denied ever saying any of those things. Be prepared to go through MANDATORY overtime. The thing with this company is, even though we close up for the day, the work still keeps flowing. The work keeps flowing after hours and during the holidays, yet they expect the company to be within 24 hours of aged workload. I never understood how that was fair to us employees especially with the fact that they barely pay us more than minimum wage. There is plenty more issues with this company but what I had just covered should give you a good idea of what to expect. Stay away and look elsewhere for employment; you'll be doing yourself a huge favor.
Pros
None really except for decent health insurance coverage rates.
Cons
Little to no opportunity for growth, Lies about promotions, travel, and raises. Pay is barely more than minimum yet they expect a lot from you, Constant mandatory overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DIMONT & ASSOCIATES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9