DineEquity, Inc. Employee Reviews

DineEquity
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2016
Everyday is different and challenging. Hair-on-fire type of culture and environment. Franchisees drive the culture and work.
No Advancement available
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 28, 2016
Current organization isn't a healthy place to work for employees looking to grow in their job and receive new opportunities. Leadership is stock price driven with no value for Team Members.
Dine affords team members to work on various projects that are often cutting edge. Working within a franchise business model provides a need for a gro
Director (Current Employee) –  KCMOApril 6, 2016
Busy fast paced environment working with a talented cross-functional team of seasoned professionals. There is a positive dynamic tension that exists between the corporation and its franchisees that always make any new idea be proved out by demonstrating ROI.
Pros
Always a new challenge
Cons
Always a new challenge
Old School Getting Outcompeted by Younger Brighter Guns
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 23, 2016
Top-heavy salaries with the EAs making laughable salaries. Huge turnover and bad behavior and business practice is rewarded and/or management looks away. The ends justify the means.
Great Employee's, horrible Management.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 23, 2016
Would not recommend that job to anyone. The hours were not the best and management had a culture of publicly shaming employee's.
Nice People to work with
Financial/Operational Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 20, 2015
Very little chance for advancement. People are very friendly . However the culture is very old fashioned and not too much room to improve things
Great Team environment
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2015
Internal Audit has worked hard to have a great partnership with all departments within the Restaurant Support Center and to our exterior partners (Franchisee's and Restaurant Management). Management is always encouraging Team members to further our careers and learning.
I complete financial audits of IHOP and Applebee's franchises to verify sales and to identify potential fraudulent activity, operational audits of IHOP and Applebee's company owned restaurants for leakage identification and operational issues in order to facilitate change and improvement at the restaurants. Complete monthly data analytics to identify potential issues at both franchises and company owned restaurants. Complete audit findings remediation to ensure recommended changes have been implemented.
2014 - Identified and quantified a franchisee was manipulating sales, Cost of Goods Sold and financial fraud in the amount of $18million.
2015 - Identified and quantified a fraud issue at a franchise of over $230K.
Pros
Great Team, great position
Cons
Job is relocating to Glendale, CA and I am not able to move at this time.
DINE is a fine company to work for.
Brand Director, Gift Cards & Brand Extensions (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 16, 2015
Fairly flat org... they were nimble and made quick decisions. They empowered people appropriately. There is a high degree of accountability.
Great Company and its only getting bigger
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2015
My job as an Analyst for the Help Desk is fairly simply and self explanatory. I answer calls from Ihop and Applebee's restaurants and help resolve issues with Hardware and Software.
Pros
Lots of free food and little perks from time to time
Cons
Room For advancement in the KC area is shrinking
Good work environment and friendly employees
Property Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 11, 2015
Productive and good work environment. Friendly employees. Build up good relationship with the franchisee as our customers. I learned how to build good relationship with customers and good communications skills.
Good company to work with
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 28, 2015
DineEquity is a great company, I have learned so much and they help employees with their careers, have strong training programs, reimburse tuition for education.They are good citizens of their communities they do charity every quarter. I love the people I work with they are practically my family.
Pros
Gift cards every month
Family style work environment
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 31, 2015
People are very friendly and easy to work with.
The company has great processes in place and best people to run the business.
Restaurant business is very competitive; therefor, digital marketing strategy has to be implemented carefully to be successful.
Pros
Cons
too conservative to adapt to new technology
An excellent place to work with fantastic people
L1 Technical support specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 1, 2015
Working non-standard 10 hour days allows a great work-life balance. I learned how to thrive in a large corporate environment, while enjoying the personal benefits of working directly with a smaller, focused team.
Pros
Hour lunch, non-standard working hours, and great benefits
Cons
few breaks, long days
ok
Risk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 10, 2015
It's an okay place to work. Not much room to grow as an administrative person. Healthcare is not very good and very expensive. VP of Legal is a really great guy.
Cubicle culture
Tax Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 5, 2014
I got to the point where I was envying the housekeeper. Felt relief when the company started downsizing.
Pros
Full time, decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Psychologically crushing.
Great Workplace
Assisting in the preparation of SEC documents (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 21, 2013
Typical day involves mostly work to support the SEC filings an addition to monthly consolidated cash flows preparation.

Worked closely with executive management to support for various projects and analysis of financial data.
Culturally a disaster. Too much profit not enough care.
Director (Former Employee) –  KC MOMay 17, 2013
People are simply cannon fodder. Do not look for a career. Trust that you will not be treated well except the pay, the leaders are simply not caring. Do not expect to have s "voice". Just a job with no real fellowship.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No one cares if you are there. No security on position.
Had no idea why I was even hired
Tax Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 6, 2013
Toxic culture. Management gets away with opressive attitude towards employees. I was having the "termination" axe over my head every minute there. No chance to learn or bring in my skills. No chance of advancing. Not a career, just a dead-end job. It felt more like a job shelter than a thriving career.
Pros
decent salary with benefits
Cons
stress, depression, dissapointment.
Backwards and non-conducive work environment
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2013
This was by far the worst job I've ever had. DineEquity promotes people without adequately looking at other candidates. Also, they are hypocritical and do NOT promote a healthy work environment. At one point they OPENLY requested employees turn in other employees for MINOR infractions or border-line infractions. This is NOT a place I would EVER recommend to my worst enemy.
Pros
unlimited pop from the pepsi pop fountains
Cons
inexcusably reprehensible management
A typical work week
Sr. IT Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 21, 2012
Take calls that were coming into the call center, provide technical support on the spot to customers. Manage the weekend night shift, scheduling, re-franchising, Implementation. Training of the crew.
Pros
pay
Cons
no holidays off, no time for school

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DineEquity, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3