Dining Alliance is a family owned and operated national company that opened its doors in 1998 and is headquartered in Allston, MA. We are the leading foodservice partnership in the industry with over 15,000 locations and over $2 billion in buying power. Dining Alliance pools the buying power of foodservice operators, such as casino’s, schools, restaurants, ski resorts, country clubs, nursing homes and B&I to drive down food cost.
Our success lies within our team of dedicated and hard working professionals. We all feel committed and passionate about our mission: to keep independent restaurants thriving by saving them money and increasing the quality of their products. We grew organically and still keep an entrepreneurial spirit, but also maintain a balance with working together as a team. The sense of family is not only felt with our employees, but also with our members. Our board consists of members within each area market so their voices are heard. The opinions and ideas of our members and employees are not only valued, but they are an essential part of our success.
If you are someone that can roll up their sleeves, think inside and outside the box, wants to be part of a family and has a strong passion to revolutionize the food industry, this is the company for you.
A pivotal role on the Dining Alliance team is the Member Consultant. They are not only the face of the company, but they also drive the revenue, establish partnerships with our members and maintain our vendor relationships. Those that have been most successful in this job have been professional small business owners used to balancing relationship building with day-to-day tasks. We are looking to expand our reach in the Charlotte, NC area. This is a high-level executive job with unlimited earning potential stretching into six figures. We are looking for an entrepreneur that values team and is not afraid to work long hours for exceptional financial reward. This is a relationship-focused sales position; you are not selling a product, you are selling a partnership.
- Please send resume and cover letter stating why you would be the best candidate for the MC position.
- All candidates will be asked to complete a short 5-question video interview as part of the application process.
- No food service experience is required - we value drive and cultural fit more
- MUST be passionate about the Dining Alliance mission
- Strong B2B sales skills, with 5+ customer-facing outside sales experience required
- Extensive cold calling and pipeline management experience
- Must have the ability to build a value comparison through effective probing and understanding of the members’ needs, in addition to strong presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to build rapport and credibility
- Excellent financial skills, strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to prepare comparison analysis in order to leverage value of Dining Alliance membership
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing an effective "pipeline" of quality targets
- Must possess the ability to build and leverage relationships with internal colleagues and support personnel
- Virtual office experience is a plus. This is a virtual position that requires excellent time management and organization skills and the ability to work independently.
- Position will be based in Charlotte, NC area
- Previous experience presenting formal presentations, and strong MS Office skills required
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers, business partners and Dining Alliance team members
- Familiarity with Challenger Sale Concept a HUGE plus
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate with management daily/weekly
- Determine market strategies and goals for region
- Obtain and coordinate data and information from staff and member groups
- Research and develop lists of potential members; books appointments
- Follow up on sales leads and developing leads
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and developments that effect target markets
- Establish and maintain industry contacts that lead to sales
- Develop sales presentations and close sales
- Make regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads
- Meet establish sales quotas and revenue goals
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff, members and vendors
- Training Base Salary and then Uncapped Residual Commission Structure
- Monthly Expense Stipend
- 401K Incentive Savings Plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
- Advancement Opportunities
The Nation's Leading Foodservice Partnership
280 Lincoln Street
Boston, MA 02134
Dining Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.