Dining Services Employee Reviews

Dining Service
Server (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 14, 2017
Loved the elderly men and women there, they made the job exciting. I didn't work with a good staff or management. They showed a lot of favoritism. You couldn't get tips or work past 4 hours.
Pros
The people you get to serve.
Cons
Hours. Pay. Staff. Management.
Work
Mess Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSAugust 31, 2017
Good place nice people good hours good pay you always on the schedule good to meet new people you have to be a hard worker on your feet a lot but good place to work
Healthcare and vacation
BrightView Senior Living, LLC (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 28, 2017
free in office meals and allow their employees to take time off whenever they need it, special with haven a baby, sick family and much more and also allow employees to have fun, listen to music and 1 hour lunch time and help with wedding and much more that would make health happy employees are the most. Excellent healthcare for their families
Pros
Free lunch, breakfast
Good lounge area
Cashier and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 26, 2017
I learned how to multiple task, working in large groups, and working alone, it was just very hot inside, You didn't get a long break, by time you come down from being on the 3rd floor, its time to get back to work
Accommodating for students
Dining Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 5, 2017
Very good job for students on campus that needed extra money. Fast paced environment made it interesting and fulfilling. Since it was student employment there was a maximum 20 hours a week, making it hard to make more than just pocket money.
Dining Services
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, WVMay 31, 2017
My experience went well for the most part. I basically had to clock in spend time in the dishroom doing dishes and then coming out front to wipe tables
Pros
Environment wasnt bad
Cons
Having to clean up after adults
For the most part I enjoyed it.
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed this job. They worked around my class schedule and I had the same schedule each week. However, management became difficult to deal with toward the end of my time here.
Pros
Free lunch, great coworkers.
Always more hours
Dining Service employee (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNApril 27, 2017
Great staff to work with, very fast paced and always busy during unless you have the light night shifts. I worked in the dish room, pizzaria, and in kitchen prep. There are always more hours available to pick up if you need it.
To gain employment that will allow me the opportunity to enhance my knowledge and creative skills.
Wesley Enhanced Living (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2017
Asist in kitched in duties which includes stocking shipments, washing pots and pans cleaning service areas as well as transporting bulk materials throughout the facility. Sorting items or materials into designated a
Pros
Good food
Cons
Every day is a good challenge
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 31, 2017
My experience with dining service has been very good. I manage multiple brands in a University setting can be very challenging trying to be in many places at one time, but the challenge is worth it.
Now looking to advance in my career as there is not enough growth potential in this environment.
Pros
Being able to schedule time off during school breaks
Cons
Not enough opportunity for anvancement.
Exciting place to work. Resident centered facility
Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with our residents and the clinical aspects. I also enjoy cooking. Dining Services meet with residents weekly to discuss weekly menus and residents talk about their favorite food and/or what they would like to see on the menu.
Pros
Talking with residents and family memberss
It was Good
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 25, 2017
A daily work day was the same every second, and every minute. I enjoyed the residents and the staff. I enjoyed that I got on at a certain time and left at a certain time everyday.
Pros
the people
Cons
short breaks
Productive place to work. Feels like family
Server (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 23, 2017
I typically start work at 11 am and end around 8 pm. The residents treat like you are family and everyone is very nice. I learned to better my time management and how to take on a leadership role. The hardest part of the job is managing multiple tables at a time.
Great place to work if you loving helping people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Cook and prepare foods. Make sure all equipment is cleaned appropriately. Assist with menus for residents. Serve breakfast, lunch and dinner to guest ensuring that they are satisfied with they decisions. Work together as a team to keep a smile on the residents face. Providing a listening ear for the family members of the residents.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Paid lunch so you can no go off propery
scholarship
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 6, 2017
The only reason I had this job was because it was a requirement for a scholarship. I hated working here every minute and I only worked 4 hours every weekend. They would not work around mandatory events that I had to be at. They said the call off rules were in the employee handbook which I never received.
Food Job with Busy Shifts
Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IADecember 19, 2016
a typical work day was long and boring, I learned that unless you like working in the food industry, you shouldn't work for dining services; However, if you worked for a 5 hour shift you were given a free meal, which is alright I suppose.
Average
Server (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 13, 2016
This job was a part time job I did to earn money during school. It was pretty average. Some days were stressful because of the residents or other coworkers not showing up for work, and other days were really fun and it seemed like everyone was in a really good mood.
Loved it
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 24, 2016
A typical day at work was fast paced, Dealing with all sorts of people and different cultures. Free lunches during breaks.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2016
Fast paced environment, with laid back staff. A lot of flexibility with schedule

No competitive pay or room for advancement.

Nice job, not a career.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
It was okay.
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAMay 23, 2016
It was a part time job I had through out college. Not a five-star full time job with good pay and benefits, but it did help pay the bills and introduced me to some long lasting friends.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Short shifts, no breaks, no benefits.