Dino's Logistics Employee Reviews

Management doesn't care
Planner (Former Employee) –  FentonJune 3, 2017
Thought this would be an exciting opportunity in my career.
Boy was I wrong. This company needs some serious improvements with both management and leadership.
Management here doesn't care about their employees.
I left to go to a more successful company, and I'm glad I did.
I'm happier working for a company that will grow and be more successful than ever.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Too many to list
Official response from Dino's Logistics
June 9, 2017

Dino's strongly believes that we are only as good as our team and our success is due to our awesome team, guidance of our experienced management team and positive work atmosphere. Dino's does not micromanage their team because we believe in every single one of our employees and their abilities, which must have not been a good fit for you - we're happy you found a better fit! Our team is growing substantially every year... we couldn't be more excited about the future of Dino's Logistics!

Professional and Respectful
Business Development (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2016
Great people at all levels of the company with consistent and positive direction from Management. Joining Dino’s is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together. The company respects and trusts every employee so there is zero micromanaging, but someone is always available to help and answer any question. The atmosphere is laid back, open-minded and every idea is invited and encouraged. Awesome place to work!!
Pros
Great Pay, Amazing Benefits, Flexible Schedule
Great, Friendly and Fun Environment
Account Manager / Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2016
Work hard play hard mentality! This company is all about rewarding good hard work. Trucking industry is a lot of long hours but they do a great job of acknowledging and praising the work and dedication. Company has set up an awesome office environment and try to do a few things to get staff out for fun activities a couple times a quarter.

Management is laid back but expects work to be done.

Overall it was a great place to work and learned valuable professional lessons at my time with the company.
Pros
Great Co-workers, Ability to grow
Positive Atmosphere
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2016
I didn't know anything about trucking when I came to work for Dino's. I honestly wasn't sure how long I would last, but management and all of my co workers did so much to ensure that I learned what I needed to for a successful future here. It has been a blessing to be part of a wonderful team and to have management that legitimately cares. As long as you are dependable, take your job seriously and respect others you will have an enjoyable experience here.
Not the best if you want a future.
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2016
Micromanagement is a real issue here, if that could be remedied then it wouldn't be so bad. No one wants to give %100 effort if it is known that it will not be recognized or rewarded.
Official response from Dino's Logistics
September 21, 2016

We are truly sorry you felt this way and appreciate the feedback. Our success is due to the amazing team we have in place and we pride ourselves on recognizing and rewarding every employee that dedicates their time to work for our company. Management has an open door policy and encourages employees to come to us with any problem or concern... even if it's just to vent about a bad day.

Great Home Time
Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2014
Home a couple times in the week and on the weekends. Small company so you know everybody, You can talk to management about any issues and they will listen. Pretty decent pay, you get yearly raises.
Pros
Home time, friendly
Cons
Have to get hazmat but they do compensate for hazmat loads
BEST work environment with great advancement opportunities
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2014
I've worked at Dino's for over 10 years and couldn't be happier... it's so refreshing to enjoy coming to work every day! It says a lot about a company when most of the staff has been there for 5-20 years. The office environment is amazing because it's relaxed, but professional with great team camaraderie. And the management team is always available to the employees to answer any questions... even if it's just to vent about a cranky customer :) It's so nice to get positive feedback about how great of a job you do, which is also shown by annual raises and promotions. The benefits package they offer is awesome (including all of the cool free apparel we get) -- not only do they cover a big percentage of the health insurance, but they offer just about every benefit you could think of... and if it's not offered, HR encourages you to bring it to their attention for them to look into. It's nice to have a company that cares so much about their employees and always fights on their behalf to get them the best available benefits. It shows throughout the company that the owners have a great deal of integrity and they have a lot of pride in their business and their employees. They've done a phenomenal job of taking the company to the next level -- it's super exciting to be part of a booming company -- I couldn't imagine working anywhere else!
Pros
Breakfast provided every Friday, fun and friendly work atmosphere, great management team, awesome benefits package
Cons
Great place to drive for
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  St. LouisOctober 8, 2014
I have been driving OTR for Dino's for over three years. I like how you are treated as a person and not a number. Dispatchers and management know you by name and treat you with respect. You can expect to get home every other day and weekends. They run newer equipment so breakdowns are at a minimum.
Pros
competitive pay, home time
Cons
paper logs
Productive, friendly environment
HR/Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2014
Friendly co-workers who make the day go by pretty quickly. Relaxed environment so you dont feel like you are walking on egg shells.
Fun, upbeat place to work.
Payroll Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO.August 29, 2012
A typical day is first checking e-mails and printing any time sensitive information; answering phones and transferring calls to appropriate departments; greeting visitors; organizing payroll information; assisting with billing paperwork; checking reports for accuracy; having a laugh or two with fellow co-workers; grabbing a cup or two of coffee.
I've learned how to calculate time cards in a fast, efficient manner with minimal errors.
Management can be very arrogant and are very tempermental; they do not acknowledge good work, they only address problems. Sometimes they accuse people of wrong doing when there is no wrong doing involved, just miscommunication or misinterpretation of information. A particular work issue can be made a big issue because management says it is, right or wrong.
Most co-workers are sociable and friendly.
The hardest part of the job is not being acknowledged for being a good worker and not getting adaquate raises.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being busy and the free coffee.
Pros
a few free lunches and free coffee; flexibility in schedule.
Cons
favoritism; no benefits or vacation time when an employee works 32 hours or more, which is considered part-time.
Good job.
company driver (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MoDecember 11, 2011
Worked here for 3 years. Good job, good pay. Freight is primarily in and out of St Louis, mostly running north.
Pros
home weekly
Cons
mostly st louis and north runs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dino's Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

Dino's Logistics Reviews by Location