Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Worst Company to work for!
Member Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 10, 2017
I had high hopes for this job but everything said in the interview was a lie. Benefits are terrible and expensive. Management is horrible and shows favoritism. Company is losing contracts left and right and just recently let go of over 60 employees. This company does not care for their employees at all and is not a good work environment.
Pros
Lunch vendors
Cons
Management, benefits, favoritism
Fulfilling work with some challenges
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 29, 2016
I truly do love my job at Diplomat. A normal day at work for me is coming in and getting all the PCCs signed in and ready for the day. Throughout the day I assist them in solving problems and getting over the hurdles that are stopping us from sending medication out to the patient. At times I may take a call from an unhappy patient and help solve that problem for them.

I feel that management is not as good as it should be. I feel that implementation of new systems are not as smooth as they made it sound and communication outside of the department is struggling and not very strong. It is hard to go higher than your own manager about issues.
Pros
Great culture, exercise room, lots of programs, fulfilling work
Cons
communication issues
Horrible Experience
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 26, 2016
This was one of the worst companies that I have ever worked for. The benefits are really expensive and the coverage is not good at all. During my tenure, I was disrespected and talked down to by employees for making mistakes when they knew I was new and still learning. The office morale was extremely low. There is a huge disconnect in regards to training and actually training their employees. Some employees where very petty in regards to office gossip. There is a lack of innovation.I will NEVER work there again and in order for the company to continue there needs to be major changes in management.
Pros
free lunches, compensation
Cons
healthcare, office morale
Not a lot of room for advancement at this company
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 31, 2017
I did love working for this company in the beginning however as the company grew there became less and less opportunity for the nurses and we were asked to focus more on quantity rather than quality which is opposite of nursing values
Not a goid place to work for
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 9, 2016
Diplomat shows lack of fairness to developme advancement. Its not what you know, but who you know lot of buddy buddy system.. Diplomat pays poorly it's like working at a sweat shop in order to have a life style of living you have to work numerous of hours which me less of seeing your family. If you are seeking a career this is not the place to be.. This is a training job great for those that are just graduating from college.
Pros
Accessing knowledge to help seek a better paying job
Cons
Unprofessional managment, favortism, lack of pay and growth
Nice company to work for
Lead Prior Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MI 48507January 18, 2017
I am a team lead and like to teach others, because it is rewarding. Fast pace and multitasking is enjoyable for me. Wish there was more room to grow in the company. I have learned a lot at diplomat.
Pros
Benefits and no weekends
Cons
room for growth
Workplace Review
MBM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 26, 2017
Diplomat was a great opportunity to get my feet wet in more of an advanced field, but was not a company that I wanted to be with forever. Pay was not fair, hostile work environment and great work often went unnoticed.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, Management
Diplomat is a force for good
Pharmacy clerk/Shipping tech (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 1, 2016
Working at Diplomat was a wonderful experience. We work as a team to make sure that we meet our patients needs in a timely manner. Even on our busiest days working as a team is what really gets the job done.
Lots of Autonomy with great Pay!
IV Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 25, 2017
Awesome company. Very generous, supportive, lots of training and willing to go the extra mile for the client as well as the staff.
Pros
Great pay, supportive, etc.
Cons
None.
Diplomat is great
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Diplomat 100% puts patients needs above anything else. Take care of our patients and the rest falls into place. Diplomat sticks to their word. Be a force for good.
Productive workplace
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 12, 2016
Clock in, get the computers warmed up, get fellow co-workers all their supplies to keep efficiency going. Begin packing medication that comes down the line, ship medication until it's time to go home.
Pros
3 breaks, benefits, 401-K, paid vacation
Cons
Management, no advancement, favoritism
Large headquarters
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Great company with great potential, unfortunately they had to make cuts due to some industry changes wish had the chance to work there longer. I
Committed to community
N/A (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 29, 2016
Diplomat is continually rated one of the best places to work in Michigan. They create a wonderful atmosphere and friendly environment for employees and staff.
Stepping stone
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 17, 2016
Disorganized, too many chiefs, very few indians. Outdated resources makes for a challenging sales environment. Very little interdepartmental collaboration.
making a difference in someones life
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 28, 2016
Diplomat is one of the best companies i ever work, the company has grown so much for so many years and has changed the world of medicine. Being a pharmacy technician is a good, yet challenging job. i strongly get along with everyone within the company including my co-workers. my co-workers are like are more than workers were more like family and we know how to get the job done and do it very well. the most enjoyable part about the job is making a difference in a patients life by providing service of making sure their medication is filled checked and ready to ship to the patient door. every medication i feel is like help saving lives due to people conditions
Pros
great co-workers, great work environment, growth with the company
Cons
short breaks, pay rate
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 15, 2016
We are given the choice on what schedule we would like to have, whether its a 8,10 or 12 hour shifts. The company has a couple employee and company celebrations a year where they honor the employes with free lunch, hour lunch period and fun games.
The Worst Experience of My Profession
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 12, 2016
This is the company full of people with non-managerial skills. They give you projects which even doesn't come under your job description. There is lot of finger pointing among the departments. Worst Worst Worst Company to work. Don't even think about working here.
Pros
No pros
Cons
finger pointing, too much work load, unprofessional behavior of managers
Great company philosophy
Sales Account Manager, Pharma Accounts (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 5, 2016
Great CEO and company philosophy. I really enjoy the company culture, and work environment. There is so much to learn in this new exploding industry that you need to keep it fun and exciting.
Family oriented company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 18, 2016
This company was great to work for. They took into account that their employees had families and the demand that could have on the individual. They would try to accommodate to make stressful situations easier to manage!
Pros
Great team work!
Cons
Could have better benefits
Great place to work, looking to relocate
Prior Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 22, 2016
It's a nice place to work but I'm thinking of moving out of state so I'm perusing different options. I would like to stay where I'm at but I am ready to move and start somewhere south of here. We have family down south and would like to move closer to them. I don't necessarily want to quit here, I'm just seeing what's out there. I'm happy where I'm at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8