DIPLOMAT SPECIALTY PHARMACY Employee Reviews

Good company, bad management
Pharmacy Order Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 16, 2016
For the most part do not plan to move up in this company. Making any suggestion for change only leads to your removal. They also do not provide pay increases with the highest merit based increase per year being about 25 cents, and more than 75% of people done get that.
They did provide a great work place with games to play while on break
Kelly's Services Temporary (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 12, 2016
Good workplace,lots of fun, nice people. Was very sad to have to leave. I enjoyed the fast past work place. I felt very important here, It was so nice to work with the patience that called they made my day great knowing that I was able to help them out with medication filling. I enjoyed taking lots of phone calls.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very serious, scared of boss
Learned new skills
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 13, 2015
Learned new skills since coming to Diplomat. Difficult to advance past where I have started. I have been luckily to have managers who have ran our department with flexibility; co-workers and myself have had the ability to make up time if we had appointments.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hard to advance
FUn place to wotrk with a workou room
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 16, 2015
Love the office great people to work with. Had great benefits. The staff was always supportive and worked together on everything tat came to the table
A typical day at work was answering calls and doing the patient billing and collections clerk
Patient Billing and Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 25, 2015
Diplomat pharmacy is a ok place to work for, they have a very good benefit plan. They don't communicate throughout the company as far as upper management.
Good Company
Marketing Sales Major (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 20, 2015
The people that work here make it worth while with low pay. You have room to advance but at the start you are under paid.The management teams are made up of great and fair people. Sales team has an awesome VP.
Pros
Management is great
Cons
Starting waged
review
P.A Specialist/ Pharm (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 23, 2015
Calling Md's and Insurance companies
sitting long hours at desk, meeting great people. Learned a lot about Prior Authorizations and what it takes to get medication to approved.
Productive workplace, with a ping pong table.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work was at times stressful, but overall satisfying. I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical aspects of the medical field. The management was great in my department, they were always helpful. The co-workers were alright, some not so friendly. The hardest part of my job was having patient's that were in so much pain, they were border line mean, which can be stressful because you want to help as much as you can to alleviate the pain. And lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job was the gratification you get from a patient that was overly appreciative.
A comfortable and relaxed environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of a 8 hour day where I was constantly working with supplying specialty patients their medications on time. I was the middle man for the physicians, insurance agencies, and the patients, along with assisting the patient in any additional funding that maybe available. The environment was unprofessional, and there was much drama, but the satisfaction I would get when helping a specialty patient receive their medication was the most rewarding feeling.
My favorite work place
Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 27, 2015
I gained a lot of long term friends and learned a lot while working here also they are constantly showing appreciation for there employees.
Great Employer
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganApril 7, 2015
This company makes you look forward to coming to work everyday. It is one of the best places I've worked for. They made sure you receive the training needed, and make sure the employees are happy.
Brilliantly operated and a pleasure to work for
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 5, 2015
In a HIV specialty community pharmacy, we expanded to include compounding services and other specialty medication clientele. I learned how a business should be run from a customer focused, detail oriented, family-style run establishment. I enjoyed being part of a successful close-knit and hands-on management team.
Pros
Excellent management communication, great benefits
Cons
I left to work for family
Family oriented environment, Wage compensation for job requirements is too little.
Patient Care Coordinator 1 (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Very fast paced environment, which at times is so busy the employees in the Call Center are not allowed to take breaks. The atmosphere, most times, is very friendly and enjoyable. My management and coworkers are very personable and seem to truly care about me and my family. I do enjoy interacting with patients on the phone and being able to make them laugh and make them truly feel that the employees at Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy do care about them. I think the part I cannot get used to is receiving the call that a patient has passed, been admitted to hospice, or taken off all medication because it is not working for them.
Pros
exceptional health benefits
Cons
low wages, short or no breaks
High paced Enviroment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 26, 2015
It was a fun place to work. Started out just a small family owned pharmacy and blossomed into a huge outfit. For people like myself, we did not have much room to advance. You must have some degree in pharmaceutical to move up. I loved the people who I worked for. I spent a lot of time on the phone interacting with patients and coordinating their prescription refills and setting up delivery for them. I also spoke with many doctors offices and insurance companies getting prior authorizations completed. On an average I would say I maid 100+ phone calls.
Pros
work out facility and lunch was sold from outside vendors
Cons
long walk just to take a 15 minute break
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Diplomat was an excellent place to work. Everyday was a new experience, no two days were the same. I learned a lot about the Pharmaceutical industry and the patients needs. Our Supervisors/ Leads were always willing to help, where help was needed, and always cheerful. I would have to say the hardest part of the job would be maintaining composure in a stressful situation, because it does happen on a daily basis. But getting through the stressful situations, and hearing the patients appreciation is definitely the best part of the job.
Overall a good place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 15, 2014
Diplomat is an growing company with customer service as its main focus. However, there turnover rate is high. Overall it is a decent place to work and there is room for growth.
Pros
customer friendly staff
Cons
short lunches, call center envionment
good place to work overall
Pharmacy Liaison (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 10, 2014
good place to work overall management tries to keep employees engaged
Pros
free lunches
Cons
industry issues
Good experience
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 25, 2014
A fast paced fun environment to learn a lot in. A lot of hard work and dedication to customers and the store is required
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Productive and a fun place to work with catered food, ping pong tables, and an exercise room.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 15, 2014
Other than the high turnover rate, Diplomat was a great place to start off learning about the pharmaceutical industry. My workday consisted of billing resolutions, refilling specialty medication, and packing slips. The environment is very laid back with some set backs, however they were not an over your shoulder company. If the company paid more money, at least $5 more with the benefits they have, the turnover rate wouldn't be so high.
Pros
healthcare costs, educational programs, cpht incentives
Cons
rate of pay, management
Busy and wonderful place to work
Order Entry Technician (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 12, 2014
Every day we would process prescriptions that would be faxed in from the doctor office. These prescriptions that we process on a daily bases is Specialty medications. The team I work with are wonderful, enjoyable and can ask questions when you need help with. The management is good as well. Some of them are parents them self so they understand if you have to leave early due to your child/ren sickness.
The hardest part of the job is becoming a certified technician due to the test being hard and expensive for people to pay out of pocket if someone has to take it multiple times. Plus what is on the test is not what we doing on a daily bases. The test leans towards the retail part of the pharmacy and some of the employees has never has experience in the retail department.
Another hard part of the job is also trying to stay caught up on prescriptions that we get on a daily bases. They offer over time but some people can not stay due to not have someone to watch their child/rens.
I really do enjoy my job and my team that I see on a daily bases. We can laugh and joke while things get hard n our department. We also do nice things for one another when someone is sick, had surgery, someone passing away and many more. We do send cards to our employees to show that we are thinking of them through the hard times.