Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Great company
Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 8, 2017
Great company, room for advancement. very large clean building and lots of different areas to work in, Can be very stressful at times dealing with all of the insurances.
Pros
advancement
Cons
SOME Team leads can be unhelpful and rude
Horrific Sr. Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 7, 2017
While I personally had a fantastic direct manager, the Sr. Management in the company is shady and gives the impression of being highly unorganized. Work itself was rewarding.
Pros
Good paid time off policy
Cons
Healthcare and management
What I learned.
Order Entry Technician (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 3, 2017
Diplomat offers a class that teaches those who want to become a licensed Pharmacy Technician. After the class is complete, we then take a state approved test.
Pros
Great vacation package
Cons
Inconsistance between departments
Productive Environment
Pharmacy Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 3, 2017
A typical day at work is busy and employees learn a lot about different medications. Diplomat makes the holidays enjoyable by providing fun actives for employees
Engaging work with a dedicated team base
Order Entry Advisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 1, 2017
The atmosphere is friendly yet professional. The work is satisfying, and the best part of the day is being able to satisfy a patients needs, which often means providing life-saving medication on time.

Diplomat is the place I attribute the majority of my personal growth to. I always had someone on my side helping me along the way, while still keeping me busy with essential work, not catering to me.
Pros
Benefits and compensation, employee-employer relationship
Cons
Sometimes could get a little too stressful, sometimes not enough communication
on Diplomat
Order Entry Lead (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 1, 2017
In working 3 years at Diplomat I have seen the evil things that management has done to the employees

Diplomat does not promote the people that work there by experience or the knowledge of the position
Metrics
Patient Access-Insurance Reimbursement Advisor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 29, 2017
Too much pressure on meeting metrics, Quality of patient care has gone done. Want you to learn everything instead of being an expert to streamline process and there are moe errors
N/a
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 28, 2017
This is an ok company to work for the hours are good. The pay could be a little better because of the work that has to be done. Company allow for open forum once a month.
Stressful hard working environment but fun events through the year
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 27, 2017
Diplomat is a good place to work and they have good benefits. They have events throughout the year to celebrate their employees. The all around work environment is stressful and a lot is required of you. Unless you move up in the company (which is not easy), you don't get paid adequately in my opinion
All depends on who you are
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 25, 2017
The company talks the talk but does not walk the walk. The company puts a lot of effort in to making it a fun, rewarding, and enriching place to work- they offer a lot of impressive things to employees but the allure quickly fades once you get past their public face. Two faced company with warped leadership. The company runs like a high school, even in its administrative and more senior positions, and unprofessional behavior is not only condoned, but sometimes rewarded.

Want to know more about Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy?

Ask a question
Patient Care Coordinator
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 24, 2017
You are givin overwhelming workload and not compensated enough. its a high turn over rate. The managers show favoritism and its not enogh over time available.
Pros
work 1 weekend a month
Cons
not paid enough
Lots of things to work on
Members Benefits Management I (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 12, 2017
They make the job sound like you work at a steady pace,and get ALL the training you need to be able to work sufficiently, but you are put at a desk to figure it out yourself. Learning 2 computer programs while required to meet a certain number of completed calls within a certain amount of time,which would be fine if the hold times were reasonable to get thru to Insurance companies.If numbers are not met your are put on notice. If you try to offer options that might help the process, your told they have been doing this a long time. It is known daily you are replaceable. One day a person is there and the next management is packing up personal belongings. I was told they were a good company to work for but unless you figure out who to "kiss up to" you might as well plan on short term employment.
Diplomat Diffrence...
Lead (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 11, 2017
Love this company. They treat their employees well and often offer catered lunches, free treats, drawings, bonus incentive and many activities. Diplomats management team is active in their departments and the company. The company communicates well with customers and staff. The on staff pharmacists will do just about anything to ensure patients get their medication. By working here you are changing lives, you are helping people live. I will say that the company has gotten a little impersonal over the last few years. Call center times have gone up, they have people on auto dialers to do refills instead of talking to a specialized person. It seems like their one patient at a time motto went out the window. They used to require staff to get CphT certified withing 1 year of hire they do not require that any longer. They also do not let employees contribute to funding any more. You also used to have to be certified to hold any leadership/management role. Dispite all of this Id return here in a heartbeat. They staff cares about each patient and the company assists with finding funding, getting prior authorizations, taking care of refills, and ensuring both patiebts and doctors are at ease.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Grew to big to fast
Work environment is comfortable
Prior authorization/Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 9, 2017
the best part of the job is everyone I worked with the compassion and work ethics. We all worked as a team and that is what makes a company successful.
Lots of work with low pay!!
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 2, 2017
Are you looking for advancements, pay raise, & to be treated like an adult with respect? If so KEEP looking!!! This company is like working for a sweat shop, they don't care about they employees. It's a lot of workers who have two to three jobs because the pay don't keep up with the cost of living, YOU ARE GETTING BIRD FEED while the workers upstairs making the bread. They don't NOT go off skills or education, they go on friendship. I NEVER WITNESS SO MANY ADULTS THAT ACT LIKE CHILDREN. This company expect you to perform 3-4 jobs in a quick period of time with NO RAISES!!! DSP biggest model is quantity over quality, I'm ready to take my degree & skills with a company that appreciate they employees and that pay well. While reading this i hope you really understand what you want out of life & if you have time to be wasting!
Pros
Lunch vendors/ company picnics
Cons
Low pay, buddy system, treated like a child, rude, etc...
not the best place to work
Member Benefit (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 30, 2017
they start off sounding good until you actual start working for them. unorganized, cut throat, not well balanced with work and family life, they take pto hours for fmla matters so if you have a situation that is not fmla related your screwed as you wont have any hours to take and they don't work with you. They demand a lot with little pay.
Pros
picnics, work family you obtain
Cons
over worked, under paid, not respected
professional environment with potential for job growth
Patient Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 27, 2017
very professional environment, very dedicated to patients. Lots of room for growth and promotion. nice benefits packages. very detailed training programs.
Awful
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 19, 2017
Absolutely no training available from this company.
The staff are inconvenienced if they have to actually help train an employee. Management is a joke and
are never available or seem to be working. Management works from home and staff is expected to micromanage all employees.
If you like working in a place with low morale, no
Standards or accountability, then this is the place for you.
Mismanagement in the department
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 16, 2017
The training in my department was not complete, they did not give me learning materials for the actual program they were using which was new. I did not get the help I needed from my lead or supervisor and my lead told my supervisor that she was helping and providing written instructions which she was not. I feel like I was railroaded till the end. I was making improvements after getting help from coworkers which were told not to help. I know some other departments in that company that work real well but not MBM.
Different experience
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 10, 2017
Diplomat was pleasant to work for. When I became an employee the company was just branching out into a few different locations. I enjoyed gaining experiencing working for a different type of pharmacy