DIPLOMAT SPECIALTY PHARMACY

DIPLOMAT SPECIALTY PHARMACY Employee Reviews

Productive workplace, with a ping pong table.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work was at times stressful, but overall satisfying. I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical aspects of the medical field. The management was great in my department, they were always helpful. The co-workers were alright, some not so friendly. The hardest part of my job was having patient's that were in so much pain, they were border line mean, which can be stressful because you want to help as much as you can to alleviate the pain. And lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job was the gratification you get from a patient that was overly appreciative.
A comfortable and relaxed environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Flint, MIApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of a 8 hour day where I was constantly working with supplying specialty patients their medications on time. I was the middle man for the physicians, insurance agencies, and the patients, along with assisting the patient in any additional funding that maybe available. The environment was unprofessional, and there was much drama, but the satisfaction I would get when helping a specialty patient receive their medication was the most rewarding feeling.
My favorite work place
Appeals Specialist (Former Employee), Flint, MIApril 27, 2015
I gained a lot of long term friends and learned a lot while working here also they are constantly showing appreciation for there employees.
Great Employer
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Flint, MichiganApril 7, 2015
This company makes you look forward to coming to work everyday. It is one of the best places I've worked for. They made sure you receive the training needed, and make sure the employees are happy.
Brilliantly operated and a pleasure to work for
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 5, 2015
Pros: Excellent management communication, great benefits
Cons: I left to work for family
In a HIV specialty community pharmacy, we expanded to include compounding services and other specialty medication clientele. I learned how a business should be run from a customer focused, detail oriented, family-style run establishment. I enjoyed being part of a successful close-knit and hands-on management team.
Family oriented environment, Wage compensation for job requirements is too little.
Patient Care Coordinator 1 (Current Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: exceptional health benefits
Cons: low wages, short or no breaks
Very fast paced environment, which at times is so busy the employees in the Call Center are not allowed to take breaks. The atmosphere, most times, is very friendly and enjoyable. My management and coworkers are very personable and seem to truly care about me and my family. I do enjoy interacting with patients on the phone and being able to make them laugh and make them truly feel that the employees at Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy do care about them. I think the part I cannot get used to is receiving the call that a patient has passed, been admitted to hospice, or taken off all medication because it is not working for them.
High paced Enviroment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: work out facility and lunch was sold from outside vendors
Cons: long walk just to take a 15 minute break
It was a fun place to work. Started out just a small family owned pharmacy and blossomed into a huge outfit. For people like myself, we did not have much room to advance. You must have some degree in pharmaceutical to move up. I loved the people who I worked for. I spent a lot of time on the phone interacting with patients and coordinating their prescription refills and setting up delivery for them. I also spoke with many doctors offices and insurance companies getting prior authorizations completed. On an average I would say I maid 100+ phone calls.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Diplomat was an excellent place to work. Everyday was a new experience, no two days were the same. I learned a lot about the Pharmaceutical industry and the patients needs. Our Supervisors/ Leads were always willing to help, where help was needed, and always cheerful. I would have to say the hardest part of the job would be maintaining composure in a stressful situation, because it does happen on a daily basis. But getting through the stressful situations, and hearing the patients appreciation is definitely the best part of the job.
Overall a good place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Flint, MIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: customer friendly staff
Cons: short lunches, call center envionment
Diplomat is an growing company with customer service as its main focus. However, there turnover rate is high. Overall it is a decent place to work and there is room for growth.
good place to work overall
Pharmacy Liaison (Current Employee), Flint, MINovember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: industry issues
good place to work overall management tries to keep employees engaged
Good experience
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Flint, MIJune 25, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
A fast paced fun environment to learn a lot in. A lot of hard work and dedication to customers and the store is required
Productive and a fun place to work with catered food, ping pong tables, and an exercise room.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 15, 2014
Pros: healthcare costs, educational programs, cpht incentives
Cons: rate of pay, management
Other than the high turnover rate, Diplomat was a great place to start off learning about the pharmaceutical industry. My workday consisted of billing resolutions, refilling specialty medication, and packing slips. The environment is very laid back with some set backs, however they were not an over your shoulder company. If the company paid more money, at least $5 more with the benefits they have, the turnover rate wouldn't be so high.
Busy and wonderful place to work
Order Entry Technician (Current Employee), Flint, MIJune 12, 2014
Every day we would process prescriptions that would be faxed in from the doctor office. These prescriptions that we process on a daily bases is Specialty medications. The team I work with are wonderful, enjoyable and can ask questions when you need help with. The management is good as well. Some of them are parents them self so they understand if you have to leave early due to your child/ren sickness.
The hardest part of the job is becoming a certified technician due to the test being hard and expensive for people to pay out of pocket if someone has to take it multiple times. Plus what is on the test is not what we doing on a daily bases. The test leans towards the retail part of the pharmacy and some of the employees has never has experience in the retail department.
Another hard part of the job is also trying to stay caught up on prescriptions that we get on a daily bases. They offer over time but some people can not stay due to not have someone to watch their child/rens.
I really do enjoy my job and my team that I see on a daily bases. We can laugh and joke while things get hard n our department. We also do nice things for one another when someone is sick, had surgery, someone passing away and many more. We do send cards to our employees to show that we are thinking of them through the hard times.
Good to start out in and then move on
Patient care coordinator (Former Employee), Flint,miMay 29, 2014
Pros: ping long tables, food vendors, free gym & yoga classes
Cons: pay, high turn over, young management
The dept I work in is relatively laid back, however in my 6 months of being there I've seen so many employees come and go. Very high turn over rate. Employees are under paid for the work and stress they deal with. Company is growing at a rapid rate and I think the high turnover is due to employees being burnt out because of more patients and calls coming in and not enough employees to keep up.
Leads/supervisors constantly asking employees for over time. I don't feel obligated in my dept but I know other depts there's a lot of pressure. Depts are constantly behind and patients and nurses constantly calling upset they haven't received return calls, or got missed deliveries or something wrong with the accounts.
This place is hiring every two weeks, pay is $10 and for the flint area that is good, but not for recent graduates or people looking for a career.
Training is two weeks and experience isn't necessary. I have no medical background.
Over all though good job to gain some experience on your resume and then move on.
Extremely family oriented great place to work
Patient Care Coordinator/ph tech (Former Employee), Flint, MIApril 19, 2014
Pros: community help, free lunches on occasion, ping pong, pickleball, real team effort.
Cons: just not the best pay
I loved working there. Very relaxed atmosphere, even during stressful situations. Always a resource person ready to assist you. Games to take part in during breaks/lunch. Mr. Hagerman knew that with happy employees there would e happy customers. Our opinion counted. They listened to our suggestions. Did for the community. I wish I'd never left there.
DEAD END ..No longer about patient care, just the bottom line
Patient care coordinator (Current Employee), corporate, flintApril 1, 2014
Pros: you get to talk with amazing patients and do what you can to make life a little easier for them.
Cons: nepotism, favortism, poor pay and unexperience, uninspiring management
I have learned a lot during my three years at DSP. Mostly because you are not taught much and I learn from experience. I have been forced to learn a lot of skills to ensure that patients receive the care they deserve. DSP was built on patient care, but the more it grows, the less they care about the patients. DSP is now only concerned with the bottom line and how fast the patient turnover rate is. You are punished for taking the time needed to make sure patients are satified and taken care of, if you can get it done in 7-8 min. These are specialty patients who sometimes need, and dang sure deserve to be cared for properly. That doesn't matter any longer to DSP, it is about getting as many patients done in as short of time as possible... no matter if that means med errors, missed doses, overcharging and misdelivered packages. Also, they promise you advancement opportunity and competative wages, but fail to mention that in order to advance, you must be related to or friends with the management or "higher ups"....and the wages are only competative if you are comparing fast food service. This is an ok job to start purely for experience for your resume.
Poor Management and No Advancement
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 13, 2014
Although when I started here the benefits and pay seemed good, but if you have a life to live outside of this place it is not a good place to work. They do not care about what might happen in your life and are not willing to work with you if something happens and you need time off. Poor place to work and no career advancement.
productive workplace, patients and employees come first!!
Oncology Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Chesaning, MIMarch 13, 2014
amazing company to work for. Treats employees and patients with great respect and appreciation. Would recommend anyone who is determined and hard-working, to work for this company!
Productive, motivated
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), FlintFebruary 28, 2014
Extremely advanceable but have to wait 6 months making very little
LPN
LPN (Current Employee), Flint MichiganFebruary 22, 2014
Enjoyable place to work, I enjoyed my job. I've learned a lot and I feel it has helped me advance in my future choices.

1 2 3