Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 15, 2016
We are given the choice on what schedule we would like to have, whether its a 8,10 or 12 hour shifts. The company has a couple employee and company celebrations a year where they honor the employes with free lunch, hour lunch period and fun games.
An Interesting place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 29, 2016
Diplomat cared more about the number of patients helped than the quality of customer service received . I did learn a lot about patient care and dealing with multiple disease states . I also learned a lot about helping patients with their health insurance . A typical day included me taking inbound calls in the HEP C /HIV department for patient's requiring refills and scheduling deliveries . If there was an issue with billing their insurance I turned the patient's file over to the resolution department or to the medical billing department is an authorization was needed . We were only given raises after they reviewed what other pharmacies paid their employees and we were often rewarded for our hard work with pizza instead of raises . The best part of this job was making a difference in the patient's quality of life and helping them find hope again . This company has a very high turn over rate and it is known throughout the community .
Pros
Patients
Cons
lack of department training, management
making a difference in someones life
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 28, 2016
Diplomat is one of the best companies i ever work, the company has grown so much for so many years and has changed the world of medicine. Being a pharmacy technician is a good, yet challenging job. i strongly get along with everyone within the company including my co-workers. my co-workers are like are more than workers were more like family and we know how to get the job done and do it very well. the most enjoyable part about the job is making a difference in a patients life by providing service of making sure their medication is filled checked and ready to ship to the patient door. every medication i feel is like help saving lives due to people conditions
Pros
great co-workers, great work environment, growth with the company
Cons
short breaks, pay rate
Family oriented company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 18, 2016
This company was great to work for. They took into account that their employees had families and the demand that could have on the individual. They would try to accommodate to make stressful situations easier to manage!
Pros
Great team work!
Cons
Could have better benefits
The Worst Experience of My Profession
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 12, 2016
This is the company full of people with non-managerial skills. They give you projects which even doesn't come under your job description. There is lot of finger pointing among the departments. Worst Worst Worst Company to work. Don't even think about working here.
Pros
No pros
Cons
finger pointing, too much work load, unprofessional behavior of managers
Not a long term viable place of employment
Member Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 10, 2016
This company was very disappointing to come work for. I was given much hype at what a wonderful place with lots of supportive room to grow. I did not find that to be the truth. Growth is based on who you know, not what your experience, college degree or work experience is. In my interview I was told that a raise would happen after your first 90 days ( not true) raises and compensation happen in April of every year AFTER your first year of employment so I hired in, in October so I have to wait a year and a half for my first possible raise ridiculous! Not what I was told. Another HUGE thing is "metrics". Your whole employment is based on meeting your metrics. This job is based on quaninity not quality. Patients are not taken care of how they should be because people are constantly worried about not meeting their metrics. Patients deserve better than this they deserve better care. Very disappointing been here less than 6 months interviewing elsewhere and leaving. Will not continue in this environment.
Pros
Met some good people, employee workout room
Cons
Pay, zip line work areas too close to your neighbor, too corporate
Great place to work, looking to relocate
Prior Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 22, 2016
It's a nice place to work but I'm thinking of moving out of state so I'm perusing different options. I would like to stay where I'm at but I am ready to move and start somewhere south of here. We have family down south and would like to move closer to them. I don't necessarily want to quit here, I'm just seeing what's out there. I'm happy where I'm at.
Worst place to work ever!
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 22, 2016
This is the most cut throat company ever. Management is a joke from the top down and could care less about their employees!
Enjoyable job
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 1, 2016
I worked here for just over a year and enjoyed my time there. Good, friendly people to work with and reasonable hours. There is a lot to learn and a lot of opportunity if you are willing.
Good company, bad management
Pharmacy Order Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 16, 2016
For the most part do not plan to move up in this company. Making any suggestion for change only leads to your removal. They also do not provide pay increases with the highest merit based increase per year being about 25 cents, and more than 75% of people done get that.
They did provide a great work place with games to play while on break
Kelly's Services Temporary (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 12, 2016
Good workplace,lots of fun, nice people. Was very sad to have to leave. I enjoyed the fast past work place. I felt very important here, It was so nice to work with the patience that called they made my day great knowing that I was able to help them out with medication filling. I enjoyed taking lots of phone calls.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very serious, scared of boss
Learned new skills
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 13, 2015
Learned new skills since coming to Diplomat. Difficult to advance past where I have started. I have been luckily to have managers who have ran our department with flexibility; co-workers and myself have had the ability to make up time if we had appointments.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hard to advance
FUn place to wotrk with a workou room
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 16, 2015
Love the office great people to work with. Had great benefits. The staff was always supportive and worked together on everything tat came to the table
A typical day at work was answering calls and doing the patient billing and collections clerk
Patient Billing and Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 25, 2015
Diplomat pharmacy is a ok place to work for, they have a very good benefit plan. They don't communicate throughout the company as far as upper management.
Good Company
Marketing Sales Major (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 20, 2015
The people that work here make it worth while with low pay. You have room to advance but at the start you are under paid.The management teams are made up of great and fair people. Sales team has an awesome VP.
Pros
Management is great
Cons
Starting waged
review
P.A Specialist/ Pharm (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 23, 2015
Calling Md's and Insurance companies
sitting long hours at desk, meeting great people. Learned a lot about Prior Authorizations and what it takes to get medication to approved.
Productive workplace, with a ping pong table.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work was at times stressful, but overall satisfying. I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical aspects of the medical field. The management was great in my department, they were always helpful. The co-workers were alright, some not so friendly. The hardest part of my job was having patient's that were in so much pain, they were border line mean, which can be stressful because you want to help as much as you can to alleviate the pain. And lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job was the gratification you get from a patient that was overly appreciative.
A comfortable and relaxed environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of a 8 hour day where I was constantly working with supplying specialty patients their medications on time. I was the middle man for the physicians, insurance agencies, and the patients, along with assisting the patient in any additional funding that maybe available. The environment was unprofessional, and there was much drama, but the satisfaction I would get when helping a specialty patient receive their medication was the most rewarding feeling.
My favorite work place
Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 27, 2015
I gained a lot of long term friends and learned a lot while working here also they are constantly showing appreciation for there employees.
Great Employer
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganApril 7, 2015
This company makes you look forward to coming to work everyday. It is one of the best places I've worked for. They made sure you receive the training needed, and make sure the employees are happy.

2.9