Diplomatic Language Services

Diplomatic Language Services Employer Reviews

I was enjoying the happy hours every Friday with drinks and playing pools and ping pong.
Dari Language Instructor /Curriculum Developer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2015
My experience with Diplomatic Language Services was very professional. I learned a lot then teaching Dari classes to adult students, One year of experience developing online classes was very interesting. I would like to work for them in the future.
Good
Curriculum Development Editor (Former Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 26, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: benefits, lack of advancement
Mission of company is interesting. Enjoyed working with some phenomenal people.
A good resort for everybody who knows very good a native language
Instructor (Current Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: tutoring individual students
Cons: a temp of hire job without any insurances.
Here you can implement your nature abilities and professional skills as a tutor your native language in the friendly environment with a technical support of the company's management. Unfortunately, a lack of students is resulted in too short working hours. It is a contract job so your payment working hours are too short and you have not any benefits and insurances.
Wonderful Cultural Environment
Executive Assistant / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 25, 2013
An amazing place for international minds to come together. I had a great experience with my co workers.
My job with the company is very productive
Foreign Language Teacher & Cultural Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 3, 2013
Pros: long weekends
Cons: long trip to raleigh and extended lunch
I learned Professionalism,Team work and work ethics.This company value these things a lot.I already have a good experience of team work environment.Which gave me support to work with my co-workers.The management overall respect every team member and right to work on his/her own also.That is why I took ownership of my work.Never ask too many things all the time.Or always looking to my shoulder.The hardest part started, when class begun.I used my stamina and patience to work with all the students and management.The most enjoyable time was, when students learned enough language and started to speak and made sentences.That moment,I can not forget.Its look like,when you teach a toddler any new word and he/she started to speak.Same like a father or mother!
Project management, program development related to language learning, training, testing, and translation. Business development, research
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 11, 2013
I currently work as a Project Coordinator with Diplomatic Language Services. I am the main POC for DLS' FBI/NVTC (National Virtual Translation Center) contract that provides translation and interpretation services to the intelligence community. I manage linguist resources, translation assignments, and coordinate with subcontractors.

I am a Returned Peace Corps volunteer. I served as an Environmental Education/Small Enterprise Development volunteer in the Republic of Cape Verde, West Africa. I oversaw the implementation of African Development Fund (ADF) infrastructure project.

Specialties: Project writing, contract compliance, project analysis, technical writing, proposal creation, requests for information (RFIs), request for proposals (RFPs), USAID grants, infrastructure projects, sub-contracts
Productive workplace and diversity cultural environment.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 27, 2012
Productive workplace and diversity cultural environment.
well-equipped school for languages
Tagalog Language tutor (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: there is an international ambiance
Cons: the term was short
I have so much admiration for my superiors who guided me in my work.This was my first tutorial job and the instructions and detailed array of basic curriculum data helped me a lot to make my own class curriculum that best fit my student.
My student had finished graduate level courses and he understood perfectly my linguistic pattern in introducing the language. Using the ILR method of assessment ,a great part of the success was the preparation of the student before he was in my class.
One of the most enjoyable part of my job was the field trips that I brought my student for language exposure,eg. the embassy,a family who speaks the language,stores,restaurants and museum. In total.I had a wonderful experience teaching in this school.
multicultural place
Dari Instructor (Current Employee), Arlington VAMarch 27, 2012
Pros: happy hours
Cons: healthcare
This place of a home for people from different countries in the world.
Experienced in Dari/Pashto Curiculum Development, Teahching,Translating and Culture advising
Dari/Pashto Instructor and Curriculum Developer (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 31, 2012
Pros: friendly environment, and celebration of afghan/american cultural events
Cons: short term jobs, no health benefits and no job security
Almost 17 years of experiences in the area of Curiculum Development, Teahching,Translating, and Culture advising in Virginia, USA, and more than 14 years of experiences in teaching English language and Dari literacy, school management and translating and culture advising in Kabul, Afghanistan. Familiar with medical ,military and legal terminologies.