Diplomatic Language Services Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Healthy and comfortable atmosphere.
Hindi Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 9, 2017
Professionally healthy atmosphere. Management and staff is friendly.
New teaching methods are introduced. Classrooms are up-to-date, neat and clean, comfortable for both students and teachers.
Pros
Free coffee/Tea/Water
Cons
Na
Great Work/Life Balance
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 25, 2017
DLS is a family-run business, and it feels like a family working here...in a good way. Flexible schedules that allow those of us with kids to maintain schedules that don't overwhelm us. Lots going on at all times - no two days are ever the same. Everyone working here is very passionate about what they do, and it is always interesting to meet new teachers, students, etc.

Management is open-door oriented and always available for questions/concerns/new ideas. Innovation and ambition are encouraged.

Great at promoting from within, even across departments.
Excellent work environment
Instructor/Tester/Curriculum Developer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 23, 2017
Very polite and professional staff.
Multicultural environment.
Excellent facilities.
Easy access to metro and bus.
Professional development opportunities.
Pay is average.
Productive and enjoyable
Tutor Dari (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, VADecember 18, 2016
Enjoyable place to work and have a very friendly envoirment.The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive! The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. New ideas are encouraged and implemented.
Fun work place
Great work/life balance
Great benefits
Great compensation
Great work experience
Productive, fun olace to work
Persian-Farsi Linguist, Critical Language Program (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 25, 2015
Fun place to work, active environment, cultural richness. However, slim chance of advancement within the company. I have had multiple performance recommendations during my employment with the company yet have never moved the ladder in this company.
great school
Russian/Ukrainian instructor/tester (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 17, 2015
love working there, creativity is allowed, fun, interesting students, great teachers, fun holidays, friendly and not annoying management
Productive and supportive
Persian Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDAugust 16, 2015
The employees, instructors and management team offer a quality service to their clients. The management team are very supportive and provide training for the employees.
I was enjoying the happy hours every Friday with drinks and playing pools and ping pong.
Dari Language Instructor /Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2015
My experience with Diplomatic Language Services was very professional. I learned a lot then teaching Dari classes to adult students, One year of experience developing online classes was very interesting. I would like to work for them in the future.
productive multicultural work place
Romanian Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 14, 2014
Great environment, lots of events and workshops, provided plenty of materials. DLS is well organized and has a nice, welcoming atmosphere.
Pros
Lots of workshop
Good
Curriculum Development Editor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 26, 2013
Mission of company is interesting. Enjoyed working with some phenomenal people.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
benefits, lack of advancement
A good resort for everybody who knows very good a native language
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 16, 2013
Here you can implement your nature abilities and professional skills as a tutor your native language in the friendly environment with a technical support of the company's management. Unfortunately, a lack of students is resulted in too short working hours. It is a contract job so your payment working hours are too short and you have not any benefits and insurances.
Pros
Tutoring individual students
Cons
A Temp of hire job without any insurances.
Wonderful Cultural Environment
Executive Assistant / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 25, 2013
An amazing place for international minds to come together. I had a great experience with my co workers.
My job with the company is very productive
Foreign Language Teacher & Cultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 3, 2013
I learned Professionalism,Team work and work ethics.This company value these things a lot.I already have a good experience of team work environment.Which gave me support to work with my co-workers.The management overall respect every team member and right to work on his/her own also.That is why I took ownership of my work.Never ask too many things all the time.Or always looking to my shoulder.The hardest part started, when class begun.I used my stamina and patience to work with all the students and management.The most enjoyable time was, when students learned enough language and started to speak and made sentences.That moment,I can not forget.Its look like,when you teach a toddler any new word and he/she started to speak.Same like a father or mother!
Pros
Long weekends
Cons
Long trip to Raleigh and extended lunch
Project management, program development related to language learning, training, testing, and translation. Business development, research
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 11, 2013
I currently work as a Project Coordinator with Diplomatic Language Services. I am the main POC for DLS' FBI/NVTC (National Virtual Translation Center) contract that provides translation and interpretation services to the intelligence community. I manage linguist resources, translation assignments, and coordinate with subcontractors.

I am a Returned Peace Corps volunteer. I served as an Environmental Education/Small Enterprise Development volunteer in the Republic of Cape Verde, West Africa. I oversaw the implementation of African Development Fund (ADF) infrastructure project.

Specialties: Project writing, contract compliance, project analysis, technical writing, proposal creation, requests for information (RFIs), request for proposals (RFPs), USAID grants, infrastructure projects, sub-contracts
Productive workplace and diversity cultural environment.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 27, 2012
Productive workplace and diversity cultural environment.
well-equipped school for languages
Tagalog Language tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 22, 2012
I have so much admiration for my superiors who guided me in my work.This was my first tutorial job and the instructions and detailed array of basic curriculum data helped me a lot to make my own class curriculum that best fit my student.
My student had finished graduate level courses and he understood perfectly my linguistic pattern in introducing the language. Using the ILR method of assessment ,a great part of the success was the preparation of the student before he was in my class.
One of the most enjoyable part of my job was the field trips that I brought my student for language exposure,eg. the embassy,a family who speaks the language,stores,restaurants and museum. In total.I had a wonderful experience teaching in this school.
Pros
there is an international ambiance
Cons
the term was short
multicultural place
Dari Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arlington VAMarch 27, 2012
This place of a home for people from different countries in the world.
Pros
happy hours
Cons
healthcare
Experienced in Dari/Pashto Curiculum Development, Teahching,Translating and Culture advising
Dari/Pashto Instructor and Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 31, 2012
Almost 17 years of experiences in the area of Curiculum Development, Teahching,Translating, and Culture advising in Virginia, USA, and more than 14 years of experiences in teaching English language and Dari literacy, school management and translating and culture advising in Kabul, Afghanistan. Familiar with medical ,military and legal terminologies.
Pros
friendly environment, and celebration of afghan/american cultural events
Cons
short term jobs, no health benefits and no job security