DirecTV

DirecTV Employer Reviews

Growth Oriented
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Roseville, MNAugust 20, 2014
Growth and Great Environment, moved up fast through the company on the sales side of things, just got burnt out.
Good company with good benefits and management.
Technician (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: little job security and very hard work everyday.
A generally good company that gives good benefits and decent pay and incentives etc.But this particular job has little to no job security on top of being a very difficult and strenuous job on a daily basis.
Professional office environment
Movers/Retention Rep (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free directv, downtown los angeles, vacation time, secure parking
Cons: no pay raises, no sick pay, no holiday pay
Good place to work for students and people that have second jobs, very busy call center opens at 5am closes at 9pm shift bids every six months depending of hiring rate
Working for Directv was like working for the mafia. They have their official policies and they have their unwritten policies.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2014
Pros: take the van home and free dtv service
Cons: work environment is as close to hosilte without being legally a hostile environment.
On average you work 10 hours a day. Management has the daunting tasks of enforcing official and unofficial policies which usually contradict each other. The official policies are there to protect DTV, Inc while the unofficial policies are there to, wink- wink, nudge-nudge, help the techs with their productivty.
The best part of the job is that you take – more... your van home and you get free Directv service when possible.
The pay is atrocious when compared to the expectations of the actual responsibilities of the jobs of the installers and service technicians.
Because the company is so bad, the techs are more willing to help each other out because, "We all feel the same pain". – less
Upbeat but stressful
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, free tv programming
Cons: benefits changed, stressful
I loved working there but when the busy seasons hit the management is overly strict and stressed.
Fast Paste work inviroment, meet great new people every day
Field Technician (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOAugust 18, 2014
Pros: company take home vehichle and tools are supplied
Cons: no set hours to be off for the day. some times you get home at 3 pm other days you get home at 10 pm
Meet the first new person of the day at 8 o'clock and work with them to form a plan to install or repair their satellite tv system and so on from there.
The co-workers are great but I may only get to see some of them once a week.
Some customer can be hard to deal with if they were mad at DIRECTV or the previous technician.
Meeting and helping people with computers and printers
Desktop Support (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: good hours, free satellite tv for us technician (all channels)
Cons: some work on weekends not too bad thou.
meeting and helping all employees of the company, teaching on how to work with computers, networks, and printers, and remote computers.
The dept. manger was the best, a real nice guy.
Got advanced as the head technician of the dept.
co workers was a great team, we all helped each other out and things.
Was offered to lead a team of 8 technicians for – more... a computer roll out for a new operating systems on the workstations throughout the company. – less
its a paycheck
Sales Representative/Installation Technician (Former Employee), Santa Fe, TXAugust 13, 2014
As a direct tv contractor you have your freedom and are able to work with no supervisor.
na
advancement through corporate
good customers
great co workers
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee), culloden wvAugust 4, 2014
love the job and the people I worked with just got tired of contacting
LOVE LOVE LOVE
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great job and learning experience
Cons: n/a
This was my second job I've worked there for many years. I love the way you learn to live in the real world of the restaurant business. This job taught me to handle things no matter how hard they are thown at you.
Selling DirecTV through Cydcor as a direct marketer in a BestBuy
Sales (Former Employee), Rockaway NJJuly 31, 2014
Pros: no one looking over your shoulder, flexible timing, take your lunch when you want, no commission pay ceiling
Cons: commission jobs have fluctuating/unpredictable income, on your feet all day, have to be "on" and friendly all day, working weekends
Hourly and commission based, purely driven off self motivation. The morning conference calls, and the availibility of co-workers and managers via phone call were very helpful. On location by yourself requires you to motivate yourself to work with no one looking over your shoulder. This job was a sales grind through and through, the managers were friendly – more... and supportive, but be ready to get turned down day in and day out. That being said, if you enjoy sales and have good people skills then this job may be for you. As with any sales job, especially a cold calling one such as this was, you get out what you put into it, if you want to succeed you'll have to push yourself and be on top of your game with each and every customer. – less
Great place to gain experience.
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free holiday dinners.
Cons: supervisors for my role were offsite.
I learned quite a bit progressing from an WDTS Support Representative to eventually attaining the role of a Workforce Analyst.
Do it if your desperate but be very cautious and keep to yourself.
Designer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: some free food and a decent kitchen area.
Cons: most of the senior staff.
As long as you are not in the DMG group in NYC you stand a decent chance, otherwise the culture and treatment from senior staff is very poor.

One or two (the ones with little influence overall) are awesome, but the rest are paranoid and discriminatory, and they will let you go for the most arbitrary reasons.

In addition the generals attitude you get – more... from senior staff is the "you should be lucky you work here" and they wield that over you in every meeting.

And it's likely you'll never advance in such a hostile environment. – less
Pros and Cons
Sales (Former Employee), PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: micromanagement
Clock in, read script, repeat

Learned a lot about customer relations and sales techniques
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free gifts, cable, t shirts, radios
Cons: breaks
Was a fat paced work place everyday something was changing and it made me fell like i was an apart of a great team that were able to get the customer taken care of. Management was great far as on the floor training. Co-Workers worked together to get the issue taken care of. The hardest part of the job was that you had to remember all the promotions – more... that were changing daily – less
Everyday I had a new view with new people.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Pacoima, CAJuly 29, 2014
My typical day at work was arriving to a home, meeting customers, and helping them solve their Directv issue.
What I've learned working with Directv is providing excellent customer service, working with tools, installing satellite equipment, carrying and climbing ladders, hooking up our system to the customers A/V equipment, and troubleshooting.
The – more... management looked out for us when we needed help or if we had problems they were easy to approach.
My co-workers were easy to get along with and will help out with a phone call or they would show up and give a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job was working outside in extreme weather, like the heat, wind, and rain.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was always learning new things, the challenge of troubleshooting, and having changed the customers anger into a happy customer. – less
Not bad to work for
Technician customer service rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2014
Great pay
Some good managers
Great team to work with everyday
Michael Cooper Gave me a chance
Billing Analyst / Project Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: easy with the schedule, not a micro manager
Cons: 18 month cut off for contractors
I had the opportunity to come into the IT Billing environment and work under the guidance and direction of Michael Cooper. He's a genius and his work ethic is stellar. Being a contractor in a new environment is sometimes difficult. he made it comfortable and gave me the option to take ownership over my allocated tasks and make them my own.
not to happy working for them
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2014
everything was just caoctic there. I wasnt please with my experience there as well. but maybe it was just the location I was working at in memphis

1 2 3 4 5

About DirecTV

DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses. The company operates the largest direct-to-home (DTH) digital TV┬áservice in the – Read more