DirecTV

DirecTV Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun Atmosphere
Train-the-Trainer approach (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: n/a
My Co-Workers are Great and Fun to work with.
A typical day comes with interacting with Operations Staff and Coaching/Developing Agents.
The management staff was fun to work with
I enjoyed traveling, sharing knowledge with Team Members, and watching the Agents enhance their Customer Service skills.
Fun enviroment , great co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 25, 2014
Great working enviroment , flexible hours, and you get to talk to people from all over.
They tried, used to be a better place to work; but if you have kids or career goals or possible college in the future its impossible to juggle.
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNJune 22, 2014
It paid the bills, bonuses got smaller and nobody knows anything about the paid time off there. As I was signing my exit review when I resigned, the HR admitted that she has no idea how it works and that she kept getting denied PTO. How unorganized does a company have to be to not even understand how PAID TIME OFF WORKS?!
Positive work environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJune 22, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, company's culture is worry about the employees
Cons: middle management gets overloaded and salary is not as competitive.
Upper management really want to keep front line employees happy and takes all feedback very seriously, normally under performers complain about the system. Overall it is a good company to work for.
Great company
Warehouse Assistant/Trainer/Installer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, smart people all around and getting to work with customers.
Cons: the attics are a test of your will power at times.
Company had great benefits and great pay. I learned what hard work was about and how to push myself to prove to show the company that I am an excellent employee. The hardest part of the job is crawling through the attics and trying to install the cabling up there was a challenge. The best part was getting the chance to work with customers face to face – more... and getting to meet all sorts of wonderful people. – less
Great company to work for with great benefits
Resource Manager (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJune 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hard to work on the phones all day
Great company to work for and provides excellent benefits for its employees.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
Oracle OSB/BPEL Developer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2014
I Learned new things. The co-worker were so helpful. And the hardest part of job is to finish big Project in time and enjoyable part of the job is getting very good experiance.
The company is actually mastecAT.
Install Technician/New Hire Trainer (Current Employee), fort worthJune 15, 2014
Pros: really cheap tv service
Cons: terrible management and quality of work
After a year of improving myself for the company and looking to move up. I left after no longer being able to support myself or my loved ones on the paycheck. $400 to $600 every two weeks for 80+ hours a week. My attempts to move up were ignored and had to resign.
Directv is an excellent employer offers competitve pay and exceptional benefits
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJune 15, 2014
Directv is a competitive fast paced job. Directv gives you the tools and support you need to succeed You are required to be polite and professional if you can do that you can do well at Directv . The most difficult part of the job is dealing with the public via phone and computer as well as being accountable for your time. If you enjoy personal interaction – more... with the customers, then you will most certainly succeed. One of the very best perks is the free Directv which really helps you learn the service and extend that knowledge in your everyday interactions with customers. Can it get better than talking about your favorite tv shows all day at work? – less
Challenging workplace with incredible compensation/benefits
Senior Manager, Direct Sales (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: free directv, fitness center, proximity to airport, outstanding holiday parties
Cons: long hours, high demands, bi-coastal schedules, operational barriers
DIRECTV is a premier television provider and as such they have very lofty demands for their employees. Their high expectations and high demands are matched with sky-high salary compensation for Sr. Managers and higher. This is a high pressure, high reward company that knows how to party.

My coworkers worked hard but were often halted by operational – more... barriers and political maneuvering. Management has vision and have done a tremendous job with growth, but stamina, new competition and inferior technological advances may make advancement with their position in the industry increasingly difficult.

Work/Life balance at DIRECTV has improved significantly over the past 2 years and the culture is better focused on employee growth and efficiency.

The hardest part of the job is tight turn-around times, analytical planning and forecasting and managing executive demands/expectations. However, its a fun industry with access to exciting programming and partner benefits. – less
Unique, established PR firm with class
Communications Assistant/Temporary (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 11, 2014
MGA Communications provides an individualized experience, with a focus on it's clients and employees. The management promotes a healthy marraige of professionalism and fun. Because the firm is smaller, I think the experience is more personal and fitting for a lot of fresh out of college professionals.
Great people and interesting work
Web Developer (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: great people, interesting work
Cons: large corporation inertia
The people and work are great, but coming from a start-up background I found it frustrating that it takse so long to get something done. I suppose it's par for the course with a large corporation.
tough times
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDJune 10, 2014
Pros: location great customers
Cons: not enough capital
excellent everything from benefits to job location and hours but i was going through the Recession
Great Benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee), Huntsville ALJune 9, 2014
Attendance really strict.
Great work place, when start off schedule may be horrible.
awesome employees
Field technician supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: free directv
Cons: low pay, no breaks, no family life
employees work hard for management, very busy work days, the hardest part is other managers don't like to discuss reviews or statuses(for themselves(instead of teamwork). Being part of a fantastic team was the best part!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 8, 2014
Pros: company activities
Cons: great benifits
This company have lots of policies and very stressful. I did learn how to be very productive utilizing a lot of different computer applications while being under stress. I got alone well with managers, supervisors and co-workers. The hardest part about my job was the percentage goals that we had to met, and it changed every month sometimes in the middle – more... of the month. – less
Good place for a student to launch their professional career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 8, 2014
• Retained customers by negotiating packages and highlighting additional benefits.
• Earned multiple Customer Satisfaction Awards for customer satisfaction and upselling.
• Processed equipment orders, bill payments and scheduled service calls.
If you're simply about working your life away this may be a great job for you.
Full-time Job/Part-time Job (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 6, 2014
Pros: benefits, great coworkers and supervisors, great pay for not having a degree.
Cons: short breaks, bad work/life balance, and changes that happen without good explanation.
I really have no qualms with the company in general except to say that the work/life balance is horrid. If I'm a full time student doing 20/hrs a week at DIRECTV they still require overtime during some of the most stressful months. Primarily december when finals are taking place. In addition their penalty for calling in (even if you have the pto hours) – more... is ridiculous.

However, the pay is very competitive and you get some of the best benefits possible from a job not requiring a degree. As well as that, in general all the employees were really great to work with during my time there. – less
good to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJune 5, 2014
taking care of customers because of their needs and wants
customer called in with their issues
Working at DirecTv
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 4, 2014
A typical day at work for me was coming in on my shift ten minutes early without pay due to having to have my systems up before I logged into the phone, then I would answer the phones all day and help customers with their issues. I absolutely loved my job during the times I would be on the phone to help the customers however, the interactions with management – more... was horrible. – less

About DirecTV

DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses. The company operates the largest direct-to-home (DTH) digital TV service in the – Read more