DIRECTV
1,206 reviews

DIRECTV Employee Reviews

alot of fun
TV technician (Former Employee), HoustonJuly 14, 2015
good work environment and it's gave me good customer service experience.I learned a lot of skills and didn't stop learn.
fun working place
sales rep (Former Employee), Canton, OHJuly 13, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: was further away then I intended
took inbound calls. co workers where nice. the training was very good and when you need help there where people there to help. Directv wanted you to succeeded. the hardest part was dealing with very difficult customers. the most enjoyable was working with the computer.
Directv Experience
Sales Rep/ Account Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MiJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Great Location, Fun CoWorkers
Cons: Short Breaks, Unorganized, Poor Managment, Wrong Pay/Short Check
My experience working for DirecTv has its Pros and cons. However I am a person that has always made the best out of whatever situation was presented to me. A typical day at work for me would be arriving 15-30 minutes early, having pre-shift everyday to dicuss the events, sales, goals, etc of the previous day and for the following week. my coworkers were easy to get along with. Management changed quite – more... often during my experience at Directv, however the manangment that was in place upon my arrival was excellent. The hardest part about the job was the amount/ frequency of changes that were made, such as scheduling (hours and days), benefits, and pay rate.
The most enjoyable part about working for Directv was the environment. it was relaxed but professional among my coworkers, team leader, and Management at that particular time. – less
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Always problem solving
Cons: Low season
Every day is different; different issues to resolve, and going beyond the extra mile to ensure customers satisfaction. In customer service, employees should never take complaints personal. the hardest part of the job, is when a customer walks away with a negative view. Working and helping people, is the most enjoyable moments.
Not bad for shift work
RF/Transport Technician (Current Employee), Castle Rock, COJuly 12, 2015
Typical day at work; come in get passdown from previous shift to see current issues and any work needing to be done. Work on your own or with others to complete daily tasks. Keep channels on air and minimize any down time.

There are good things and bad things about the job, but every job has them. It is a laid back atmosphere with poor leadership, but for the most part they stay out of the way and let you do your job. The techs are good at what they do and they carry management and let them take credit.
Lori Langan Job Tasks
Full-Time Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), MissoulaJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere
•Resolved issues for billing, technical, bundling, cancelations and movers departments.
•Greeted new customers, while informing them of great offers, promotions, incentives, appliance features, and equipment troubleshooting.
•Educated customers on billing and technical questions and concerns.
•Managed personal performance while exceeding business goals and exemplifying core values.
•Maintained call metric requirements that were in accordance per organizational needs.
They value their employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Huntsville alJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Draining job
They have amazing benefits but the job is tiring and tedious. They value their employees.The are a performance based company. They have a lot of incentives.
Directv was a good place to work. They take care of their employees. They make sure that they have the tools to keep healthy and to also relax.
CSR (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2015
Pros: gym, massage chairs, relaxation room and benefits
Cons: lunches are only 30 minutes
Fun workplace. Had a gym, computers, video games and massage chairs. Stressful at times so it was good to have these readily available to us.
DirecTv
Technical Support (Former Employee), VAJuly 8, 2015
it is a good company to learn a lot of good technology and improve your technical skills, every day is a new day and every job is a different job
Its ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 8, 2015
Pros: pay is great
Management sucks in my opinion especially the coaches in OJT. They act like high preschoolers. Im only there cause they pay is good but I cant wait to leave
Not for the fate of heart
Supervisor/technician (Former Employee), Little Rock AR/Sacramento CA/Houston TXJuly 8, 2015
Pros: take home the van every night
Cons: policies change with out notice.
a typical day at DirecTV is kinda of boring to type it out, but not know who you will meet or what can you learn for a casual conversation from a customer was what i looked forward to every day. I only go to see my co-works once a week for meeting and picking up inventory. i don't consider any part of what i did as hard, as a supervisor or a technician just another challenge to over come.
My day at Directv
Inbound Sales Representative, I (Former Employee), cleveland ohJuly 7, 2015
I enjoyed helping customers with there everyday needs and giving the the options that could provide entertainment for them and there family to fit there familys budget
It's getting better
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Littleton, COJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free DirecTV
Cons: No down time, piece rate pay.
I worked there from a time when they transitioned us from being contractors to employees and the transition wasn't always smooth.
Very professional and comfortable workplace
CSR 1 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 6, 2015
Pros: catered lunches and many free company events
Cons: Benefits package way too expensive
Working for Directv was a very enjoyable experience. I enjoyed waking up and getting to work in the morning, knowing I was going to be able to make someone's day better. I worked doing inbound Technical Support. Customer would call and say their service is not working and I would be able to identify the issue over the phone and assist the customer to enjoy their service. When complex situations would present themselves I was able to get the customer to the necessary department tp ensure customer satisfaction.
I also enjoyed working with the other employees I felt like the company did care and worked hard to make sure the employees were happy.
great people to work with wonderful challenging customer base
Customer Service Representative, Technical (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJuly 3, 2015
Pros: free full package DIRECTV service
Cons: leashed to a phone for long hours
as a technical in-bound customer service rep. the calls were always challenging
the management was very professional yet gave the employees ways to keep stagnation out of the mix
the hardest part of the job for myself was being tied to a phone for up to 10 hours a day
the interaction with customers from all across the country with a wide rage of technical experience was fun to sort out but the customers were with me grateful of the company's one and done policy
Great Company but run by the wrong management
Technician (Former Employee), Findlay, OHJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Working Outside, Meeting New people
Cons: Travel, Poor Management
Typical day starts out by getting your route and making your pre-arrival calls. Then you want to make sure that you have all of the equipment and small parts needed for all of your upgrades and new installs for the day.

After counting and adding new equipment your off to your first appointment. It's very important in this business to be prompt. If your not on time you may miss and appointment. The customers "time" is the most important part of the job.
DIRECTV is a company with excelents benefits.
Outside Sales Consultant (Current Employee), San Juan, Puerto rICOJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Good commision.
Great experience, great team I learn a lot about the development of the industry, Great leadership and very good and stable work .
bonus and incentives
Tech Support Rep II (Current Employee), phoenixJuly 2, 2015
answer phones, constant change, currently merging with AT&T...gift cards and games made working for directv fun and challenging
Great Job
Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 2, 2015
While I was with this job I enjoyed every moment of it. They have happy hours where depending on how many sales you make you can be chosen to win a really cool prize. If your into call centers you should join this company.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Consultant (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Mentoring by direct report
Cons: communication
Strong team environment, made a lot personal/professional relationships during my contract. Peers willing to take the time to direct/communicate what the procedures are involving newly assigned task.

About DIRECTV

About Us? We’re About You. You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 100 ranking, annual – Read more

DIRECTV Salaries