DIRECTV Employee Reviews

Found 1,192 reviews matching the search
I found a home with this company.
Employee Development Coach/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 2, 2015
I loved my time with DirecTV. I learned my passion for teaching and my talent for customer service. My leaders and managers were always driven to doing the best they could, so in turn everyone would have opportunities.
Pros
Supportive Management, Wonderful Atmosphere
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 2, 2015
I found this job a good place to learn how to make important foods and gain skills on how to prep them and learn how to multitask and run a slicing machine
Great Culture
Risk Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 2, 2015
I love working at DTV, the people are great, as well as, the benefits!

The work/life balance is spot on, I'm sure some departments work OT, but for the most part, there is not a lot of OT. The culture is great, and the company does a lot of philanthropic work in the community which you can volunteer for.
Pros
Great benefits, people and atmosphere
Cons
Due to AT&T merger, some people are losing their jobs
Needs some changes but overall great company
Satellite Installer (Current Employee) –  Winters, TXDecember 2, 2015
This company just needs a few changes but overall a great company. The company could save tons of money and have more daily productivity if the dispatchers sent techs to jobs in the same town they live or surrounding cities. I usually travel 2+ hrs to get to my jobs but I often see techs from out of town in the town or surrounds towns I live in.
At times frustrating and gratifying
CSR TECH (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 30, 2015
The overall corporate structure is very much a facade. The company claims to be interested in developing talent but it much more interested in keeping the status quo and using buzz words to give the illusion of caring. I would recommend the job if you enjoy routine and being in an environment where not much is expected from you physically. The job can also being mentally tiring, not because the material is hard but because a steady stream of calls can be grinding when trying to perform at the company's expected level.
Very good work atmosphere.
Customer Service, Up-Selling (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 29, 2015
I actually loved working for DirecTv. They had great benefits, paid well and had a good break system. The work wasn't extremely difficult, the numbers weren't hard to meet, and management truly did try to work with employees.
Not a good job to have ever.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 24, 2015
lame job with little pay for a lot of work. was promised i would make good money but that was a lie. i actually lost money each week i worked there because of the commute.
Productive Workplace
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 24, 2015
The only thing that management cares about is the number of calls that you make everyday. They could care less if you are closing a lot of business or being creative to get to decision makers. Management's lack of leadership ability creates a terrible work environment for the sales reps and the turnover is horrendous. In the beginning of every quarter, you can expect at least 5-10 people to quit. Morale is extremely low for the sales reps, but the other other departments seem to be happy.
Great sales job.
Revana / Inbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 23, 2015
okay job to work at. great incentive bonus structure. lots of coaching with manager to help you with the sales to achieve over the phone.
Pros
bonus
Cons
lack of leadership.
Great place to work and great staff to be with!!!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 23, 2015
If you get a chance to get your foot in the door you will be amazed at the culture and realize why they are the best. Don't take my word for it and just go see for yourself. I love this place and they are family always.
n/a
Assistance Queue Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 21, 2015
The pay and benefits are great! The management does not have a best interest for your career and the high turnover rate explains that. You do meet a lot of different people and that is good.
Good service
Installer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 19, 2015
Usually 3-5 installs. I worked with great people. I am very proficient at installing and supporting the services. The hardest part of the job would be the summer days in the attic. The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers.
it was a great place to work
csr 2 (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 19, 2015
its a great plac eto work but not all maangers can be as good as yo uwould want. good hours and some advancement opportunities
Pros
free tv adn great beenfits and pay
Cons
long hours and wokrin all holidays, some managers not as qualified as should be
very unprofessional
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2015
the work place was very loud and ghetto, the managers never tried to help you succeed if you weren't on their team.
I would not recommend that job to anyone
work with your schedule
customer service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2015
they work with your schedule and they are all very hard workers there, fun place to work, healthy work environment, being on phones was a lot of fun
Excellent flexibility and management.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2015
Inbound calls. Management and co-workers were wonderful. The best part of this job was helping people get to where they wanted to be.
A really great job to have!!!!
Senior Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 16, 2015
DirecTV was wonderful! One of the best jobs that i have had. The benefits are excellent, they work with your school schedule and they are very family oriented! If they were located in Georgia, I'd definitely apply again.
Great company, but recently acquired
Director, Direct Sales Marketing (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 15, 2015
Great company to work for- big company, great brand- but was very innovative and nimble. Not sure about how the company/brand will progress under the new confines of the company that acquired DIRECTV.
Learned a lot through everyday work
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 15, 2015
Learned a lot about about networking and running cables. Typical day at work was as long as you made it, so working accurately and quickly pays off big. Management was good and are willing to work with individuals to assist them in doing their best. Most enjoyable part was finishing a job in a timely manner. Hardest part of the job was working around unforeseen problems to finish the job.
Pros
good benefits, learn a lot
Cons
difficult customers, longer work days that pay little
I enjoyed everything about this job
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 14, 2015
As a warehouse assistant I'm responsible for various job duties. I start off my day by delivering a helpful & reliable attitude towards the technicians, showing good customer service the company expects. It's important to be oriented and organized in my position when it comes to pulling tech's orders, for the fact that it will reflect on me towards the end of the month therefore, it's crucial to be efficient. Additionally, another primary work duty I have falls under the category of cost management and inventory health. Such as receiving inventory truck weekly and completing P.O work orders on Siebel therefore i have gained experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, and UPS/FedEx software. Delivering with confidence is a major point daily. With this in mind, completing on shelf counts weekly following with manual consumptions and reconciliations, to insure accuracy of equipment going out into the field or any lost items that we may track. In the final analysis, I scan and receive RMA's, close the information order and ship RMA's every two weeks to Celestica.