DIRECTV
1,084 reviews

DIRECTV Employee Reviews

DIRECTV
Sr. Learning and Development Analyst (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2015
I love working for DIRECTV. It is a great company. DIRECTV provides many opportunities for their employees to advance their career.
Terrible Entry-level job
Entry-Level, In-Store Management, Sales Rep (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 1, 2015
Typical work day is driving out of your way to set up, and try to sell someone something that they don't care for. I learned how to make sales. But you end up working with people who steal from you. They take credit for your sales. Management is terrible. Some co-workers were okay. They weren't great people. Hardest part of this job was working all day on your feet. Giving it your all and then not getting paid at the end of the day. This job had no enjoyable moments.
Productive and fun environments.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), North Miami Beach, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good pay, easy work, and fun employees.
Cons: Health benefits, extreme standing/walking, low pay, and constant rejections from customers.
In my past working years at various jobs I can say that I appreciated the experiences and moments I have endured. I enjoyed making new friend with co-workers and supervisors. I learned how to be communicative with people and building rapport.
very fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 31, 2015
this job was an excellent learning experience. a typical day at work I would take 50-75 calls a day. the hardest part was dealing with the multiple angry customers daily.
good out door company
Contractor (Installer) (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: fast pace
it a good company to contract for,wide are of work,weekly pay,five to seven day work week,customer service skills required.
An overall nice place to work.
During these meetings I assist (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 30, 2015
Learned how to operate new technologies. The people that I've come in contact with have been helpful in assisting me to learn and take pride in my work. Overall nice place to work.
Productive only if willing to sacrifice personal values.
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Work solo.
Cons: Nothing is provided, everything is out of your own pocket.
Waking up at six to get to the warehouse and pick up equipment meant for the days use then going to the job site and using materials not supplied by the company yet still being charged for them.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Playing the WII game on breaks
Analyzing problems as soon as you begin to speak with a customer is a way to show your professionalism while also boosting your own ability to solve problems and discover new solutions.
Great PLace to start
Account Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great Teams. Good Management
Cons: Late on Comps
I've learned the value of customer. I've learned that not matter the situation the customer is always right. Listen to the concerns of the customer. Involve yourself. Look as if the show was on the other feet.
Drive for imrpovement
Technical Support Case Management Team Leader (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 23, 2015
Pros: focused on performance and recognized for performance
Cons: work schedule varies for 24 hours site and takes at least 6 months to get on a good shift
CIMS is the goal from the time you come in to the time you leave. Plan to spend time beyond your schedule to complete work objectives.
Treated me more fairly than others due to my 30yrs experience.
Installation/Service Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: freedom and trust to go and do my job with the least of supervision.
Cons: did alot for the company that was required, unpaid.....
Started from home and punched in on handheld computer,put my self on site,ETC,activate service,make changes to work order,close work orders and communicate with dispatch and supervisor at days end and punch out on handheld.The job was always making changes and had to be willing to accept change.Alot of my co-workers were inexperienced and not willing to take advise.I did enjoy the freedom and trust they had in me to go and do my job with the least of supervision.........
DirecTV is a great company
Site Administrator (Current Employee), Covington, LAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: flexibility with schedule, people, incentives, benefits
Cons: slow to react
DirecTV is a great company to work for. The benefits are great and the people even greater. I am able to be flexible with my schedule. The incentives are a great perk.
Great perks and recognition.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 20, 2015
Pros: the perks, health care plan, 401 and pension and friendships
Cons: no loyalty with management, mostly because it was always changing.
A typical work day started with going directly to work station. Logging into the computer and all necessary windows. Reading pertinent information to stay current with trending issues. At DIRECTV training is top notch. We had computer training's that we could complete at our desk as well as training's done in class rooms with training specialists, it just depended on what was needed. The management was constantly changing and and requirements were always changing and we were always threatened with termination at various times if certain stats were not maintained. The training provided gave me all the tools necessary for doing my job and I really don't have any particular item that was hardest for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built over the 8.5 years that I worked their.
Fun Work / Management environment
Talent Acquisition (Contractor) (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexibility and friendly environment
Cons: contracted position
Laid back environment, team building activities, flexibility of my time and schedule was very accommodating with my position. I would recommend working in the HR department.
Unpleasant environment
Customer Retention Representative (Former Employee), boise idMarch 17, 2015
they were hard on you for the QA scores.
Changes daily hard to remember exactly what your job was.
Management was inconsistent and really didnt know what it was like to take calls, she never was on the phone
Avoid it at all costs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Missouila, MTMarch 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Ruthless and inept management
Worst call center I've worked at in 20 years experience of call centers. Terrible leadership and vision. It takes a year to find out who the right supervisors are to bid for.
Company no longer in business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntington, WVMarch 13, 2015
A very busy inbound Call center. Very strict with break and lunches. Staff took security very serious. Not enough parking and bathroom stalls.
cashier/customer service
Customer Service Retention Agent (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2015
retail job with ok pay peopel around the store not too bad average day with stocking and assisting customer checking out and making purchases
Worst job i ever had
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 11, 2015
Was a subcontractor job under directv spent hours out the day going door to door selling directive packages to people. I never received a paystub from employee.
Greedy and ambitious company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Amarillo, TxMarch 7, 2015
Pros: i was offered a discount
Cons: even with the discount, it is not affordable.
I did an excellent job during a very stressful campaign and was tossed out like garbage the day the negotiations ended.
I was offered bonuses when the customers asked to compliment our service to a superior. I could never get a supervisor over quick enough to receive this, since I had given them good service and I would not now leave them on hold until the supervisor could come. Slightly unfair, as many other younger and prettier girls would get several bonus cards a day.

About DIRECTV

About Us? We’re About You. You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 100 ranking, annual – Read more

DIRECTV Salaries