DIRECTV
1,051 reviews

DIRECTV United States Employee Reviews

Great break room with games and pool table. Great pay and management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: everything about working there was great
Cons: dropping the pay scale
This was by far my favorite job. The advancement possibilities were endless. I began as a sales rep and left as a supervisor.

The reason for leaving was actually sad. Had they not dropped the pay scale, I would probably still be there. I loved that job.
Best Review
Account Management Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great work schedule
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work, was really great. i loved the work schedule that we had. My co-workers were all amazing, i loved how we got along. The hardest part of the job was actually trying to get customers to buy the cable service.
ping pong tables massage chairs quiet room
Advanced Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), tulsa okJanuary 27, 2015
they try to take all the stress you go thru with the 100s of call you take and some are not the most pleasant customers ever they buy the entire call center meals to show appreciation that's a plus
Excellent pay while maintaining personal life
Assistant Manager/Lead Installation Technician (Former Employee), Northglenn, COJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits, free dtv, different location every day
Cons: travel distance, management
Great company to work for. Company is willing to train with no experience necessary. Compensation and benefits are excellent
Customer Experience Focused Workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 23, 2015
I had a lot of opportunities with this company up to a certain point. DIRECTV is a great place to work as long as you are customer experience focused and are flexible to work any shift.
DirecTV
Engineering Level Technician (Former Employee), Southern MissouriJanuary 22, 2015
Good company to work for if you know your satellite systems.
Laid back job with interesting coworkers.
phone consultant (Current Employee), Omaha,NEJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free directv
Cons: short breaks, mandatory overtime
Anwsered calls for customers deciding to deactivate their premiums,Learned alot about television.
Casual friendly environment
Technical/Billing Support/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits, good pay
Cons: changing who you work with.
It was pretty easy work. Most people were very nice, you don't stay with the same team for very long. I didn't really like that because just as you get to know people they vanish. It was a friendly place though.
its ok
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: if you got good sales then good commission
Cons: short breaks, took your commission
its ok to work in alorica tv.
it is pretty much based on your performance and sales.
so you can be treated like someone.
Nice place
Linux Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Good place to work. Your typical enterprise ITIL based work flow. Rapidly growing environment. Automation is finely starting to take hold here.
Handling Technical Difficulties
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: shifts
Cons: healthcare
Job always kept you on your toes. everyday would be an experience or issue that was new. It was your job as an technical agent to solve unknown issues step by step with customers.
Very easy fast paced job, but no value as an employee
TECH SERVICE CENTER REP (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: saving customers
Cons: poor management
Speaking to a customer over the phone while the technician is onsite to install equipment who has been told they received everything for free when they really did not qualify due to a faulty initial sail, and then calming that irate customer down and using my empowerment to either modify due to their qualifications or save the customer from canceling.
Overall most things were good while working here
Technician (Current Employee), Stafford, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Arriving at 8am to new and existing directv customers homes to either install, modify or fix any kind of issues related with directv.
I learned customer satisfaction can take you a long way with an upset customer. Management was decent Majority of my co-workers were willing to help as a team. The hardest part of my job was breaking the news to customers about how we as a company must cancel the job if isn't up to company standards.The part I enjoyed the most was learning the whole system and how everything works
Very fun workplace where you learn skills for not only work but everyday life.
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches, prizes from games, and free service
Cons: not any if you are wanting to keep your job
Directv is one company that you know you are going to come to work and actually work; however, you will also definitely have fun. Working for this company I learned how to really multitask in a fast paced environment and think quickly with customers. The training I received not only helped me at work but also in my daily life outside of the workplace. I really looked forward to coming to work and my co-workers were awesome, it was like a big family. The hardest part I would have to say the beginning getting use to a flex schedule because every few days the schedule would change and could really change at any time, but it didn't take too long to adjust and adapt to the way the schedule worked. I enjoyed the overall experience of the job altogether. The support was phenomenal, pay was great, and the fact that they cared enough to make sure when we came to work we could have fun while working was great.
No Review
Assistance Queue Specialist (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 16, 2015
I have already reviewed my work at DirecTV. I do not have anything to add. Thank you.
Great company
Service Technician (Former Employee), Sylmar, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Direc tv Was a great company to work for . This company is more family oriented and does not just treat you like a number.
Awesome co-workers
Collection Supervisor/Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: salary and commision pay
Cons: long hours
The best job I ever had. Although stressful at times we had fun and mad a lot of commission.
Typical Workday
Coord 1, Broadcast Ops Admin (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great healthcare benefits, bonuses, company gatherings
* I learned how the cable/satellite company ran. Each department is responsible for making sure that the customer is seeing the correct show at the correct time. I enjoyed the people at Directv. They went out of their way to help you learn your job and other aspects of Directv's operation.
They look for reasons to take your money
Field Technician (Current Employee), Hamburg, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: high earning potential
Cons: stringent metrics, poor decision making on management end
The job itself is great. You start at 8 in the morning. A downside is you work until you are done. If you do not have kids I recommend this job. They do not care if your baby sitter cancels. They require mandatory 6 day weeks during busy times of the year. It is mostly an independent job. Very rarely will you be provided assistance with a job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers. You are in their home. If you are not a very friendly, respectful person, this is not the job for you. That being said the best part of the job are the people as well. If you like being challenged, working outside, driving, I recommend this job. Unfortunately, the company has so many ways to back charge the technicians, even for faulty equipment.
its a call center
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: nice lunch room
Cons: people
and not the best call center to be at maybe it has changed over the years training is a joke dont really help when on the the floor first call i took over an hour to get done there goes your handle time.

About DIRECTV

About Us? We’re About You. You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 100 ranking, annual – Read more

DIRECTV Salaries