DIRECTV Employee Reviews

Learning Customer Service
Lead Customer Relations Rep (Former Employee), Maimi FlJune 29, 2015
Assisted customers with new and existing accounts, explanations of current packages. Resolved customer disputes/complaints, Continuously increased knowledge and skills through self-motivation and formal department education and training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 28, 2015
I was treated great at this job. Excellent benefits. I was able to finish my nursing degree thanks to the flexibility of this job.
Tecnical Support
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Missoula, MTJune 23, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Helping clients with problems and understanding their equipment by troubleshooting. Not only that but looking at their monthly bill and showing empathy when in need.
Productive day at Directv
Senior Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 22, 2015
A typical day at work which started out with a meeting with coworkers and address any issues, problem and need help with a job. Beside that just basic dealing with different customers trying to meet their concern and problem or just someone to talk to. The hard part of the job is just trying to please the clients.
Fast Paced and deadline driven
Sports Producer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2015
Fast Paced and deadline driven work environment with many of the people I worked with at Fox. It's a very strict environment.
DIRECTV started out as a fun place to start training, but then they just threw you on the phones and sink or swim. It was an Awful experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 20, 2015
Pros: PROS:candy and misc gifts for sales, HBOS monetary credit for sale, bonues, great benefits
Cons: CONS;seeing issues where there were none, interium coaches that talk about the fellow workers, poor pay
Going into work, I would check out my standing on all my merits the company is most concerned about. I was always at the top 5% of the company wide in my golds and accomplishments right out of training, and received special recommendations for such. I then checked the system to see if I found out any outage or problems that we would be expected affect or call volume for the day, or any promotions – more... that we would currently be running. I always like to be a step ahead of the customer if possible and always have the correct and accurate information to start out my new day on a clean fresh slate and build up from there.

During my 28 years experience in customer service I've always said that the best part of my job is my customer. To be able to make them happy with the service I provide them and to able and resolve what the issue they called in regarding and have a nice conversation with them throughout it all. I've also said over the years as well though, that the worse part of my job is also my customers. Sometimes, you will just get that person, know matter how much you're been doing and everything you've done to help them, just hasn't satisfied them. I really hate when that happens because I pride myself in having the ability to handle those customers to a happy resolution to their issue. For the most part, I make them happy with what I've done for them and they say just how awesome our company is, But when this happens, it usually results in an escalated call, and I can't help feel that I let my supervisor down just a bit as well, because I know I was doing everything I could for the customer, within reason of course. So then I just have to pick myself up by the bootstraps and just learn from the experience, put on a happy face and give that next customer that outstanding customer service experience they expect and deserve!

I really enjoying working close to the powers that be, as I am always trying to up my game, and learn from them as much as possible. Since I've been doing this for such a long time, you are always in need of some fresher-uppers. I know none of us are 100% all the time and I think that constructive criticism feedback is much needed and always welcome to me, as long as it's presented the proper way to the employee. It's something I thrive on, as it will always help me to be a better agent, and excel at my goals. Which I'm hoping in turn will help me to shine, and show my possibilities. I'd very much like to climb the corporate latter and find a leadership role that would hopefully be good not only for myself, my company, but also the representatives that I would lead. – less
Enjoyable Experience!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: Level of Ethic and discipline, Drive, Passion and MOTIVATION
Cons: Having to relocate
Working for DirecTV was challenging! I loved it to be honest I was very excited that I had my 1st job! Though, it was commission based my supervisor was AWESOME! He trained me EFFECTIVELY! I am still working based on quite a bit of the do's and don'ts of customer service he provided me with. I was deeply saddened to discover the relocation with take place which caused a barrier for me to continue my employment.
Overall great place to work
Asset Management Senior Coordinator (Current Employee), Castle Rock, COJune 19, 2015
Overall a great place to work, management is a little to much of a hands off approach, and the job isn't challenging enough. But the atmosphere of the company and the co-workers are excellent. The hardest part of the job is keeping everything straight within the system which is absolutely not user friendly. The most enjoyable part is the freedom to get your work done and not have someone peaking over your shoulder every 5 minutes.
Gained a lot of IT/software knowledge
Sales and Marketing Representative-work (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJJune 19, 2015
Overall a great experience. Though lacking in benefits, and a very very competitive environment, I enjoyed and am grateful for the knowledge I gained.
direct tv
sales agent (Former Employee), sunrise flJune 18, 2015
Pros: commision
Direct Tv was an excellent company to work for, as far as the lead employee's at Alorica they could have been chosen more wisely
Excellent if you enjoy working from home
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great Incentives for high performers
Cons: Work from home thru 3rd party
Great team and excellent opportunities for advancement. I enjoy being able to work from home for a company that is nationally known and has built themselves a high strong reputation for customer service satisfaction.
Nice place to work with a gym
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great incentives
Cons: Very demanding
assisted customers that wanted to end their television service thru inbound calls. most enjoyable part of the job was the bonuses
Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJune 17, 2015
Working in a call center was not fun. Not enough training. Too many calls. Pay was not competitive. Hours were too long with not enough breaks.
Productive and exciting workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Morrow, GAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Earning bonuses
Cons: Not being able to hire everyone that is willing to work
I learned that patience is the key element for customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers whether they were happy or upset
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (ACE) (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2015
Pros: hours, up beat environment
Cons: didn't have maternity leave for 1st year
Fun place to work. Customer service driven. Great team environment. Excellent training. Great compensation and incentive benefits.
Fun work place with diversity
Team Leader/Supervisor - Escalation Queue (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free TV
Cons: Compensation
A typical day at work includes 1:1 coaching sessions to develop and career path agents, call observation, and meetings

I have learned how to coach to multiple personalities, and how to effectively plan my week with the use of a WILO (Week in the life of) through Outlook
Customer Loyalty
Account Manager (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 14, 2015
Directv is a Ok place to work need more job security an advancement opportunities. Also need to listen to their customers more and improve on customer satisfaction.
customer service
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYJune 13, 2015
Cons: no benefits
Handled heavy phone volume, set appointments for service calls, upgrades, and installs. Data entry, filing, completed orders, handled pre and post customer service satisfaction, quality control, bilingual English-Spanish. not many co-workers just 4 of us got along just well
hardest part of the job was actually nothing either you had it or you didn't.
Enjoy the work and meeting new customers every day.
Installation tech (Current Employee), West Lafayette, INJune 11, 2015
Pros: Work unattended which in turn means your work is graded on your individual achievment, have the ability to deal directly with customers on a changing basis every day.
Cons: No support from headquarters.
Extremely company oriented! Not much in the way of employee appreciation, as far as what is expected from the employee. Required to work in all kinds of environmental situations, such as weather, confined space, etc and employee is held to the corporate beliefs with no regard to safety or well-being. Circumstances require employee to work in un-safe environments, with regard to the employees safety, and health, with absolutely no regard for their well being.
Fun workplace
Team Mentor (Former Employee), Canton, OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great compensation, and benefits
Cons: Not professional
You start off the day with your headset and you need it everyday. You log in on your computer and they send you phone calls that you have to make a sell. Wasnt professional and got caotic at times but I learned it was very simple and easy to stay on task I had the best Supervisor talking me through. I loved closing my teams calls and helping them get sales. Co workers were cool and collect. Hardest part was taking bad calls where they really didnt want the tv or they wanted off the mailing list. Most enjoyable part was getting a Sale.
Industry