DirecTV

DirecTV Employer Reviews

not to happy working for them
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2014
everything was just caoctic there. I wasnt please with my experience there as well. but maybe it was just the location I was working at in memphis
N/A
Asset Management Specialist (Current Employee), New Hampton, NHJuly 28, 2014
Pros: minimal supervision
Cons: physical aspect of the job
I enjoy working for this company. they are an excellent company to work for
Interesting and rewarding
CSR (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJuly 25, 2014
This was a wonderful place to work, needed multitasking ability and demanded patience and a sense of humor, as well as being a team player.
Fun and creative place to work
Customer Service Team Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, relax dress code, decent salary plus commission, management team are great. great opportunity for advancement, great developement programs tuition reinburstment. a lot of perks, bonuses and incentives. overall a great organization.
Cons: the call centers are in the boring cities in the us.
Being able to be creative
I've learned how to be a true leader
Management staff is great and creative
Co-Workers are the best
Company has a lot of changes
Being able to come to work and be creative is enjoyable
job summary
Customer Service Agent Convergys (Former Employee), oklahoma city,okJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free directv service
answering call from directv customers assisting with billing payments& questions about bills issuing credit as needed, what I learned is how to explain bills & assist customers with understanding bills & other directv questions the hardest part of the job was trying to assist customers within the required time frame. the most enjoyable part of the job – more... was helping the customers with their directv questions & understanding their bills – less
Canvassing
Sales Contractor (Current Employee), Southington, CTJuly 22, 2014
Pros: you obtain a great sales learning experience and learn how a harsh sales environment can be.
Cons: lack of stability and truthful information. hidden fees.
This job is not for those who need stability because it is not a stable position that pays from week to week. You have to put in work and keep the customers satisfied. If you are looking for something part time and want to earn fast cash this is the job for you.
Great overall experience
Supervisor (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: great bonuses, fun environment
Overall great experience. They treat their employees with love, respect and appreciation Made the job very fun as well as professional and kept me on my toes as far as improving as a supervisor.
Productive Job
Technician (Current Employee), Danville, VAJuly 15, 2014
A typical work day for me is get to the customers house, find out where they want the receivers in the house if its a upgrade or new installation. Line up the dish for the signals, make sure the customer is satisfied before leaving. With this job having the right equipment can make your job easier and faster. I enjoy working with my co-workers they – more... are down to earth and wiling to help out if you need the extra help. The hardest part of the job is telling the customer that they can't get satellite due to the area they live in and the signal strength due to too many trees. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people everyday and hearing what they do for a living and them telling stories. – less
fun enviroment
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Colorado Springs CoJuly 15, 2014
Pros: commision
Cons: closed
giving customers the entertainment feature they want. assisting in sales
good pay
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJuly 11, 2014
performance based bonus. enjoyed working as part of a team...................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Good sub-contracting,self employed business
Technician/Installer (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJuly 11, 2014
Learned a lot about sub-contracting business. Hardest part about it was long 12,13,14 hour days.6 days per week.Most enjoyable was that every job,every costumer was different.
Productive and fun workplace with ping Pong table.
ETL/Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 11, 2014
I Learned new things. The co-worker were so helpful. And the hardest part of job is to finish big Project in time and enjoyable part of the job is getting very good experience.
The place has changed
Customer Service (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 9, 2014
The place has no job security and need to let at&t come in and take over.
Extremely stressful and filled with uncertainty.
Residential Sales Agent (Former Employee), Durant, OKJuly 9, 2014
Working for DirecTV was my first sales position. Working for them influenced me to change my college degree entirely. I performed on an above satisfactory level, but i did not like my job to be left up to a game of chance.

What i learned was invaluable and I am fortunate i figured out at this age that i did not want to further my business degree.
Good job with fair management and good benefits and pay.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJuly 8, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: unscheduled mandatory overtime
When I went to work on a typical day it would consist of screening customer calls. The hardest part of the job was to hear one of the co-workers talking to a customer without respect. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to correct the co-worker's wrong and making it right. I learned that in life in general that you can go further with – more... treating people with respect because that is how you want to be treated. – less
it was good
Captain D's (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2014
places and took orders made sure the restaurant stayed cleaned.
busy, hard work
Service Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free directv
Cons: worked outside 6 days a week
very busy company, long hours. met interexting new people at every job.
Fast pace environment
Technical Assistance Customer Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 2, 2014
This company can focus to much on petty attendance issues such as being one minute late.
High volume customer service with lots of perks.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 1, 2014
Pros: bonuses, payed vacation, payed holiday, insurance coverage
Cons: sitting there all day. working tech support, there are a lot of upset customers.
At this job, I learned how to work with people I did not know and guided them through fixing technical issues. It was a lot of customer retention and trying get the customer on my side to get them to actually troubleshoot. Loved my co-workers and discussing ideas of how to get the job done more efficiently. Me and management got along well because i – more... refuse to do less than 100% at my job, and was always on time. The hardest part of the job was getting the customer on my side so they would troubleshoot, but once i learned all aspects of the job, it was easier to exude confidence to get the customers buy in. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to experience the different cultures and personality types of the customers. – less
fun place, lots of freedom, just dangerous
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Castro Valley, CAJune 30, 2014
great pay subcontractor so no benefits would work here again, just left for school

About DirecTV

DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses. The company operates the largest direct-to-home (DTH) digital TV service in the – Read more