Direct Auto and Life Insurance Employee Reviews

High Volume. Fast Paced
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2016
The work is rewarding. Enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
Would appreciate more praise for the work done.
Culture is more if you do nothing wrong then no one talks to you.
Your only acknowledged if there is a problem.
Co-workers are great but unhappy. Hopefully this will change in the future. High turnover ratio. Most is due to management style and culture.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Management style needs to be evaluated and changed
Very unorganized
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2016
Base pay is better than most insurance companies but commission is not too good.. Company has been sold, no surprise. The whole time they just want to save so no raise for any excuse. They don't appreciate their employees. Always expect change without explanations.
Pros
Understandable with emergency leaves/sick leaves. Very flexible.
Cons
Bad office conditions, things are always changing, short staffed, unhappy employees, rude customers
Nieghborhood offices run by district managers with no expirence
Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 30, 2016
I worked with great people and managers over the years and most of them never stayed and moved on. No chance for advancement in upper management. For these positions they hire from outside the company and hire people with no insurance of knowledge what so ever. Good Benefits, pay not good. They bring and hire trainers that have no knowledge of insurance and expect to be trained by them.
Agents are not valued and if you where lucky to get a good district manager they would not last and they would bring ones not qualified for the job. Company is sold every 5 or 6 yrs and a group of investors take over. Rare if you meet CEOS.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
bad pay, no leadership
Fun and Calm place to work
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time there both times I worked there, but I feel it's time to move on. They paid millage to me for going to other offices to work.....
Pros
We had contest to win free lunches and the benefits were great
Cons
They moved me to a slow office and I couldnt sale like I wanted to
Get better Insurance
Thumbs Down (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayJanuary 12, 2016
The job title should be Marketing not Insurance Agent. They want you to market 24/7 they want you to hound every customer about referrals and the bogus net spend cards. They give you unrealistic sales/ marketing goals and you always to do this promotions that are a waste of time. The only enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers. And upper management has their little pets that do no wrong. Its all about the company not the customer.
Pros
My lovely co-workers
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Direct Auto insuance does not care about agents or clients
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 20, 2016
Company policies change every other month. You are told to do certain things one way then you're told you were told wrong way of doing. Managers are not insurance agents most of them come from retail background and do not know a thing about auto or life insurance. Agents are under paid for the marketing and all the day to day expectations. Company is unethical and does not care about clients needs when it comes to insurance just as along as you sales the extra products they offer so they make more money. Its all a numbers game to them.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Unappreciated
boring , hot rude people
Louisiana healthcare connection (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 13, 2016
Did not really enjoy working at Direct,. To many chiefs not enough Indian as they say. Overwork never recognized for it. Bad pay big turn over.
Pros
good parking
Cons
management
An exciting environment with fantastic colleagues
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2016
The summary headline pretty much sums it up. Though I'm pretty far removed from my tenure at Direct my experiences there were generally very positive and I've maintained solid relationships with my former colleagues while fostering new relationships with some of Direct's exceptional new talent.
Pros
The people, the pace, the industry
Cons
None come to mind
Sales Agent
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 21, 2016
This company is great to work with. Never thought I would be looking to further my career as a independent agent.
Pros
Pay per hr and commission
Cons
% of commission is low
Horrible!!
Lead Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 26, 2016
You get hired to work at one office, they think NOTHING of moving you around. The DSM knows absolutely nothing about insurance and shows obvious favoritism towards certain agents and distaste for the ones that she doesn't like. Commission is ok UNTIL you start getting chargebacks! Some months you even end up owing money!! You use your own vehicle and gas for marketing, which you are pretty much expected to do everyday . The only good thing about Direct was my coworkers!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
everything
Organization Has Potential to be Great
Workforce Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 22, 2016
I originally started at Direct as a workforce management consultant before ultimately coming on board as a Workforce Planning Manager.

A typical day consisted of multiple reports (many of which lacked focus) on the previous day's contact center performance as well as trend analysis and recommended courses of action. At least that's what it should have been.

The Direct organization is filled with good people, but there is an exceptional level of micromanaging that has prevented the contact center from taking the next step. Direct is a data-driven organization, but there is a fundamental lack of understanding of the data required to enable meaningful change. Custom reports were created to help further the understanding, but too often leadership spent a considerable amount of effort attempting to find flaws with the reports. A big part of this can be attributed to the lack of knowledge regarding how to run an enterprise contact center.

It should be stressed that while it is difficult for the workforce team to enact change from a customer experience standpoint, it does not mean that Direct is a bad place to work. Most of the leadership has a background in insurance, so if your background is similar, you will thrive in that environment. The leaders are friendly and they recently brought in an exception customer service operations manager who understands contact center operations.

Ultimately I have few regrets, but I would stress that if you are someone who wants to improve processes, be prepared for a very long wait. You will have to be extremely patient and be willing
  more... to deal with a host of technology issues in order to maintain your sanity. Communication is uneven, which means you will be forced to take the initiative often in order to get the information you need.  less
Pros
Friendly environment, employee events, good medical benefits
Cons
Inadequate technology, micromanaging, poor communication at times
Busy, productive learning environment
Financial Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2016
Busy diverse environment with changing roles and responsibilities. Worked with highly intellectual staff to mentor from specifically. Limited succession planning opportunities at that time. Company has expanded since then changing that dynamic.
Pros
Busy, productive learning environment
Cons
Limited sucession planning
Decent Place to Work
DPS Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 6, 2016
QA requirements sometimes makes the position more difficult than it has to be, it is a sales position, but focus is placed on other things at times
Pros
management
Cons
healthcare, pay
Was great place to work at Agents became friends
Sales Agent/Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 20, 2016
Make several phone calls to clients, write policy for customers, great co-workers, most difficult part was staying on top of customers to make the monthly payment sometime it would make clients mad, most enjoyable part was making new friends and begin able to meet so many people.
Pros
Short distance from home
Cons
No cons at this time
This should be your last option
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2016
There is no training for anything so if you don't know something will be a lot you have to figure it out - so everyone there has there own procedure based on what company you previously worked for.
The work load is unreasonable so if you want to stay current you will be working well over 40 hours per week.
Great place to start a career
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  LAAugust 4, 2013
Typical day at this job you will be expect to do out side marketing at least three times a week. You will make sales calls to build your book of business you will also make calls to current customer to remind them of there payments.

Management will vary from area to area you may get someone that is in touch with whats going on in your area you may not.

The hardest part of the job can be trying to hit goals doing slow months.

The most enjoyable part of the job will have to be meeting new people.
Pros
Great place to start a career plus they offer a nice benefit package
Cons
The compensation plan is not the best plus no real room for advancement
big cafeteria, very cozy enviroment, very friendly co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2015
Direct was an awesome place to work because we were able to Find affordable auto, life, and motorcycle insurance. At Direct Auto & Life Insurance you can get the coverage you need at a fair price. Whether you’re customizing your payment schedule, your level of coverage, or your additional benefits to better fit your budget, you have choices at every bend in the road.they were committed to serving our customers at Direct Auto & Life Insurance,
and also working in the FNOL dept had its ups and downs, FNOL stand for First Notice Of Loss, in which some claims were ok and some were fatal, so you had to be focus with the other person on the line.
This was an awesome place to work at.
Pros
lunches every monday
Cons
had to work sometimes on the weekends, depending on the weather
Good job with it good points and downsides
PIP adjuster, PD adjuster (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoy the people the most. I dislike some of the processes. The culture has it's pro's and cons. Overall it is not a bad place to work.
N/a
Contact Center Specialist/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 8, 2015
In the beginning of my employment, the company very open to helping employees with advancement. I had the greatest opportunity to strengthen management skills working with Direct.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
N/A
Not very happy
Lead Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 31, 2014
The issues I have with the company is internal advancement. We have a huge turnover rate and the issues with the company overall has to deal with upper management. Overall, I do enjoy my co-workers and the opportunity my company has given me to be a Lead the years I have been with the company. The company hire adults not children and with the different changes they are incorporating makes us all feel like we are young children instead of an adult.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
compensation

2.9