Direct Auto and Life Insurance Employee Reviews

Busy fast paced
Customer Care Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 20, 2017
Answer phones make accurate transfers take over the phone payments give auto / life insurance quotes take over the phone payments by credit or debit or electronic check.
its ok
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 12, 2017
Direct Auto Insurance is pretty laid back. The money is ok but it isn't enough. I just wish the hours weren't from 9:30 until 6pm. The day is pretty much gone and if you have to handle business, you wont be able to unless you take a day off.
Great Company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSSeptember 2, 2017
Working at Direct was a great opportunity! A rewarding career with plenty of hands on training and advancement. Great benefits and a wonderful working atmosphere.
the worst job I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 31, 2017
Direct bought out the company I worked for and it's been a nightmare since then. I worked for them for 8mnts and then I just couldn't take it anymore. This company fronts like they sell auto insurance, but they really want you to sell, life insurance, credit cards, and everything else that has nothing to do with auto insurance. They want you to use your own gas to solicit dealerships and local businesses to market the company. It's a bait and switch tactic, I'm honestly surprised that the insurance commissioner hadn't closed these people down already.
Pros
no pros what so ever
Cons
bad management, terrible company to work for period
great place to work for
liaison for company (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALAugust 25, 2017
go out and promote business. A lot of work functions to attend, in all they were wonderful people to work for and miss the whole crew.I go back to visit every other week.
good
Property and Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2017
Innovation, collaboration, and obsessive service equip us to streamline all or targeted components of your insurance operation. From policy issuance to claim resolution we drive your profit with flexibly architected technology.
Basically you can develop great friendships and help co-workers
Clerical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 22, 2017
Basically on the move once I arrived for work. With various duties even sometimes have to adjust to present need and assist management. At times there's not any avenue to expand your skills
Pros
I can communicate on what I'm working on and if need to switch if feasible
Cons
It all depends on the task at hand
what I learned
Office Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 13, 2017
I was able to learn how to market efficiently and also in doing so established company workers and owners remember my face as I was the guy visiting them multiple times a year.
Pros
Had allot of benefits
Cons
Poor management
Working for Direct
Producer (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAAugust 4, 2017
Before the merge this was the best job I had ever had. Management kept us excited. Things where competitive but fun. They donated to the community. Training was amazing
Pros
Work was constant, things where consistant, it was a great team invironment
Cons
I could have used a raise after the first year. And, I wish they would have never merged.
Don't value employees
Underwriting Clerk/Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 1, 2017
The pay rate across the board is horrible. I learned that the work most employees but in is not what there being paid for. Was not a very fun place to work for. Room for advancement but the pay didn't fir with the job description. They want you to know all this stuff and pay you very little for knowing it.
Cons
pay
If you enjoy people great place to work
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 25, 2017
The insurance industry is a great field to pursue. The staff and district sales manager are fun to work with. The people made my job so easy. I enjoyed coming to work because you never know what that day would bring.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
No advancement opportunity, charge backs on commission
Def would never be a part of this company again
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 25, 2017
The management team were so ridiculous to believe the agents could possibly do everything they asked and to put you under the microscope with everything. They are all fake and very unprofessional.
Cons
It's easy but stressful at time
Bilingual Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 19, 2017
It's an fairly easy job, there is a lot of benefits. Great job for a mom who is married or someone who still lives at home with parents. good pay. Work every other weekend.
Fun Place to Work
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2017
Fun place to work, coworkers are great. As long as you do your job, you will always have a stable place of employment. Pay is below average. Not much room for advancement, but it does occur. Management could communicate better.
N/a
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 6, 2017
The company has changed since 2008. High turnover for management. Company should care more about their employees. I am glad for the experience I've gained and I know know what not to do.
it is a fun work place
Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2017
The day is from 9am to 6pm
I learned and gained property and causality license
The culture is fun and it is a professional setting
The most enjoyable part is the commission
This company isn't all about their employees like they say.
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 8, 2017
The phones were always full and when you needed help the supervisor always had an attitude towards the fact of needing help. But once the customer received help and would call back and then you would have to handle their attitude and it caused many supervisor calls.
what you learned
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 1, 2017
I learned alot from Direct as a employee. I learned to work at a face pace and to handle each customer with efficiency and proficiency. Every claim matter no matter small or big
Great place to work and not so great place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 17, 2017
Pros.Good for work and life balance, excellent benefits, laid back, none stressful, minimal daily management.
Cons. No advancement opportunities, no job security, when the company gets in financial situations they close down locations and lay you off.
Productive workplace environment
CASUALTY CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2017
Management were people friendly with an open door policy. Great co-workers. Productive environment. Business casual dress code. Always implementing ways to build moral.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Auto and Life Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8