Direct Auto and Life Insurance Employee Reviews

what I learned
Office Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 13, 2017
I was able to learn how to market efficiently and also in doing so established company workers and owners remember my face as I was the guy visiting them multiple times a year.
Pros
Had allot of benefits
Cons
Poor management
Working for Direct
Producer (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAAugust 4, 2017
Before the merge this was the best job I had ever had. Management kept us excited. Things where competitive but fun. They donated to the community. Training was amazing
Pros
Work was constant, things where consistant, it was a great team invironment
Cons
I could have used a raise after the first year. And, I wish they would have never merged.
Don't value employees
Underwriting Clerk/Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 1, 2017
The pay rate across the board is horrible. I learned that the work most employees but in is not what there being paid for. Was not a very fun place to work for. Room for advancement but the pay didn't fir with the job description. They want you to know all this stuff and pay you very little for knowing it.
Cons
pay
If you enjoy people great place to work
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 25, 2017
The insurance industry is a great field to pursue. The staff and district sales manager are fun to work with. The people made my job so easy. I enjoyed coming to work because you never know what that day would bring.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
No advancement opportunity, charge backs on commission
Def would never be a part of this company again
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 25, 2017
The management team were so ridiculous to believe the agents could possibly do everything they asked and to put you under the microscope with everything. They are all fake and very unprofessional.
Cons
It's easy but stressful at time
Bilingual Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 19, 2017
It's an fairly easy job, there is a lot of benefits. Great job for a mom who is married or someone who still lives at home with parents. good pay. Work every other weekend.
Fun Place to Work
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2017
Fun place to work, coworkers are great. As long as you do your job, you will always have a stable place of employment. Pay is below average. Not much room for advancement, but it does occur. Management could communicate better.
N/a
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 6, 2017
The company has changed since 2008. High turnover for management. Company should care more about their employees. I am glad for the experience I've gained and I know know what not to do.
it is a fun work place
Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2017
The day is from 9am to 6pm
I learned and gained property and causality license
The culture is fun and it is a professional setting
The most enjoyable part is the commission
This company isn't all about their employees like they say.
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 8, 2017
The phones were always full and when you needed help the supervisor always had an attitude towards the fact of needing help. But once the customer received help and would call back and then you would have to handle their attitude and it caused many supervisor calls.
what you learned
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 1, 2017
I learned alot from Direct as a employee. I learned to work at a face pace and to handle each customer with efficiency and proficiency. Every claim matter no matter small or big
Great place to work and not so great place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 17, 2017
Pros.Good for work and life balance, excellent benefits, laid back, none stressful, minimal daily management.
Cons. No advancement opportunities, no job security, when the company gets in financial situations they close down locations and lay you off.
Productive workplace environment
CASUALTY CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2017
Management were people friendly with an open door policy. Great co-workers. Productive environment. Business casual dress code. Always implementing ways to build moral.
Fun place to work with great fiir vendors.
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2017
A company that treats you like family. A great place to work to help you grow in life for whats ahead of you within and out of the company. Guaranteed great food daily!
Great Company
Personal Lines and Life Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2017
Great hours, wonderful work life balance, great employees and managers. Great for someone looking to get into the Industry. Pay is below industry standards, but if you market yourself and make a name for yourself commissions are uncapped. They will pay for your license which is awesome.
Pros
Great hours, wonderful work life balance, great employees and managers
Cons
The pay is below industry standards
Nice hours and days off when needed
Insurance sells Agent (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 9, 2017
Very nice hours, time off when needed, A lot of foot traffic, not a sit job where your not going to have anything to do. Someone is always calling or coming in
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2017
I continue to enjoy working for Direct General/National General. They have always provided excellent work/life balance, opportunities for promotion, and decent compensation & benefits. I truly enjoy the people I work with at the corporate office. I would recommend it to a friend as a good place to work.
Pros
People, the work
Cons
Location is not great but it's not that big of a deal to me
Sales and profit
manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 8, 2017
They are not a company concerned about the employee or the customer as much as the profit and sales of products that are over priced. They say one thing but mean another. They ask how to make the business better for the customer but they keep pushing to sale products that are unaffordable and not what the customer really needs. The district manager is wonderful but the Vice President of sales is very hard to work with and to work for. They have a hard time keeping positions filled as they do not pay well. These changes have only happened in the last 2 years when they had to be worth a certain amount to sale to nation general which took place in 2016.
Pros
I got to build a lasting relationship with my customers
Cons
to much about the sales and not the customer
Very busy office and a fun place to work and good people to work with.
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at work would be quoting and writing insurance. I have learned a lot about insurance and underwriting guidelines. The DSM that we had was really great. We now have an ASM and she is also great. The hardest part of the job is selling the ancillary products when the insurance rates went up. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers and getting to meet new people everyday. Also interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
Everyone cares about each other, and continue to root for each other and cheer on the other offices, We are like a really big family.
Cons
Going out marketing.
Not a company I would like to work for again.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJanuary 27, 2017
I didn't feel like there was much job security with Direct Auto. The insurance company I was working for was bought out by Direct Auto. Upper management expected me to do things that I wasn't qualified to do as in quoting policies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Auto and Life Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9