Direct Auto and Life Insurance Employee Reviews

Get better Insurance
Thumbs Down (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayJanuary 12, 2016
The job title should be Marketing not Insurance Agent. They want you to market 24/7 they want you to hound every customer about referrals and the bogus net spend cards. They give you unrealistic sales/ marketing goals and you always to do this promotions that are a waste of time. The only enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers. And upper management has their little pets that do no wrong. Its all about the company not the customer.
Pros
My lovely co-workers
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Productive and fun
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNNovember 3, 2015
Insurance sales is fairly easy, hardest part of the job was having to go marketing and missing out on sales in the office.
Pros
Office/computer work
Cons
marketing and not being paid for it
productive and fun work place
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNOctober 21, 2015
productive and fun work place with lots of room to grow and learn but not great monetary incentives but great people and great customer service
typical day
Fraud Investigator/UW Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 19, 2015
Co-workers are great, good team to work with. Not a lot of additional training & very limited advancement.
Pay is not adequate for job duties. Schedule is decent
Friendly customers
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Bellmead, TXOctober 15, 2015
Friendly customers and co workers benefits are great and but commission is only .7% and is charged back if policy cancels before 1 yr.
big cafeteria, very cozy enviroment, very friendly co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2015
Direct was an awesome place to work because we were able to Find affordable auto, life, and motorcycle insurance. At Direct Auto & Life Insurance you can get the coverage you need at a fair price. Whether you’re customizing your payment schedule, your level of coverage, or your additional benefits to better fit your budget, you have choices at every bend in the road.they were committed to serving our customers at Direct Auto & Life Insurance,
and also working in the FNOL dept had its ups and downs, FNOL stand for First Notice Of Loss, in which some claims were ok and some were fatal, so you had to be focus with the other person on the line.
This was an awesome place to work at.
Pros
lunches every monday
Cons
had to work sometimes on the weekends, depending on the weather
N/a
Contact Center Specialist/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 8, 2015
In the beginning of my employment, the company very open to helping employees with advancement. I had the greatest opportunity to strengthen management skills working with Direct.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
N/A
Hard working insurance producer
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2015
Great workplace with opportunities for growth. Customer service is superb when it comes to the job. Working in an office without micro management is a plus.
Pros
Benefits, minimal supervision, hour long lunch
Cons
Too much down time
Direct General is a fun and productive work place with great opportunities for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  tampa, FlSeptember 13, 2015
• Answer phones, emails and or live chat, requests from both internal and external customers
• Review accounts and respond appropriately to questions and requests
• Process customer payments ,Identify ,research and report customer policy and billing issues
• Provide quotes ,renewals , and endorsement as well as information on products and services
typical auto insurance company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  South carolinaSeptember 6, 2015
Started out as a good place to work, company started growing and stopped caring about employees and more about the numbers.
Pros
descent hours
Cons
management
Excellent Training program
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 3, 2015
The only reason that I left the company was for the opportunity to make more money. The training program was excellent and the managers were always available for questions
Pros
Manageable Work Load
Cons
Poor Salary and no bonus plan
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 31, 2015
Direct General was a great company to work for back in 1999, but when that management left Direct was a horrible company to work for.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Horrible working enviorment
Sales (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 22, 2015
NO...do not go to work for this company...horrible is all I can say...very poor management with constant turn over because no one will stay long!
Pros
Not any
Productive workplace with ample opportunity to grow in the Insurance field
Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAAugust 15, 2015
Enjoyable work place with supportive management and team work from other employees. Great customer clientele whom I enjoyed meeting and greeting daily and providing them with wonderful customer service experience. I am a fast learner therefore I learned a lot that helped me to grow and develop my skills and professional voice when it comes to handling and operating a business. There were disputes with clients from time to time, but nothing that I couldn't handle or upper management couldn't handle. When it comes to working with people in any form of environment, the customer is always right and any situation that arises can be handled with dignity and grace.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
There were Bars inbetween you and the client. So know meet and greet handshaking.
great place to work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2015
Im relocating is the reason im leaving. Learned so many things in the yrs I worked there. Tried to help evryone that I could over the phone.
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCAugust 5, 2015
A typical day at work was meeting the customers needs, identifying and correcting any problems the customer may have. Taking payments, going out marketing and networking in order to for partnerships with local business owners in the surrounding communities.
Pros
Meeting and helping new people
Cons
Working on Saturdays
Great Workplace To Grow and Gain Lots Of Customer Service Experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2015
• Answered Inbound Calls To assist customers with quotes, process payments, concerning questions, etc.
• Maintained good sale percentage for our Company’s Life Insurance policies, and road side assistance.
• Help company set and meet standard goals for our team. Monthly/weekly.
• Fantastic Teamwork ability’s. help team members with policy questions, transfer calls to correct deparment.
• Log telephone calls in System and follow up on issues.
Pros
Lots of vending machines and food trucks available
Cons
n/a
N/a
Office Manager/ Leads Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2015
Good company to get training, no room really for advancement in the company. I'm tired of the work load without the pay that should come along with the work.
negative,stressful,uncaring management
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlJuly 3, 2015
poor management, rude, uncaring, terrible claims processing procedures, terrible customers. Look to deny claims and not help customers, disgraceful.
Great workplace
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 2, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company because it was a great start with customer service and clerical positions. My time spent here was great and they were very flexible with my schedule due to school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Auto and Life Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9