Direct Brands Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Out of Business
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 5, 2017
This company is no longer in business; therefore, there is no input to provide. Because 20 words are required, I will just say that I stayed at this job too long.
Was a Wonderful Company
Assistant Director of Database Marketing (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 22, 2016
Direct Brands was a great place to work. However, they sell books, CDs, and movies which are going away due to technology. They downsized and are very small now.
Pros
People and Environment
Cons
Downsizing
A rewarding 25 plus year job experience
Supervisor/Trainer/Lead/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 28, 2016
Direct Brands formerly Book of the Month Club provided their employees with a formal training to perform the job requirement in a relaxed yet professional environment. My tenure there was enriched by the workshops, training and encouraging management staff. Their benefit package was one of the best in the area. A truly rewarding experience.
This company, unfortunately is no longer in existence. A decision was made to sell the division which resulted in its parts being sold to different companies.
Fast paced
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PaDecember 24, 2012
Most days go by very fast due to the amount of calls taken.

I had never worked in a call center environment, it was very interesting to see the ins and outs.

The management was extremely nice, my family had an health emergency and they never made me feel like taking off was a problem to be by my family's side.

Most the co-workers were helpful and very knowledgeable of their jobs.

Hardest part of the job and most rewarding for me was getting an enraged caller that you had to try to calm down and create a resolution that both the caller and the company were happy with.
Pros
discount merchandise
Cons
stress
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg PaDecember 12, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was, the company bookstore available to employees only. The hardest part of the job was mandatory upselling customers.
Pros
free books
Cons
very strict dress codes
was a great place to spend 19 years of my life
Scanner Operator/data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2012
The people that worked at direct brands INC were all very friendly and i dont have anything bad to say about any of them.Its just to bad that the company shut down. I miss everyone that i worked with.
Pros
people
Cons
company closed