Direct Capital Corporation

Direct Capital Corporation Employer Reviews

growing, fast paced environment with great income potential
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Portsmouth NHAugust 7, 2013
growing, fast paced environment with great income potential. great managers, plenty of marketing and support.
Direct Capital: Fun and Fast Paced Place to work!!!
Collections (Current Employee), Portsmouth NHJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: 401k match, great health care benefits, great management, gym, avanti market
Direct Capital is a great place to work, Our company is continuing to grow.
As part of the collections team we help customers work on paying on time, to working with businesses that may be struggling with paying and working with them to keep them current in such a tough economy we work with them all.
The staff and management are fantastic, there is – more... something you learn new here wether your new with the company or have been here for a long time ! I They are truely caring and hard working and out group works well together. – less
Fast paced, fun work enviroment
Admin (Current Employee), Portsmouth NHJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: opportunity for monthly bonus- employee reconition- on site gym.
Cons: pay is low for the large daily work load, yearly raises are lacking, high insurance cost.
Challeged everyday to be a creative thinker. Good amount of employee's have attitude "not my job" which in turns makes it difficult at times to get results .
Fast paced growing company with a bright future
Funding/Credit (Current Employee), NHJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: location, management, culture
Cons: benefit premiums are high, work flow can be too much if not focused and proactive.
Great company, have been emplyed here for 5+ years and see trends of growth and success in all departments. Strong leadership team and countless bright, dedicated employees. Every day is exciting to say the least.
Uptempo and challenging work enviroment
Sales (Current Employee), PortsmouthJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: competition, prizes and bonuses
Cons: location
Direct Capital is great place to work. It's not just a job, it's a career as evidence by the average employee tenure. Always challenging and looking for ways to get better. You must be ready to work, step up to the challenge and look to better your performance every day. If your up for that, Direct Capital is and has been the best place to have a long – more... and prosperous career. – less
Fast-Paced, Great place to work
Funding (Current Employee), Portsmouth NHJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: great people, employee recognition
Cons: 401k not full match
Direct Capital has a fast-paced environment, which is always changing! People are awesome to work with and if you work hard, you will see the benefits in your paycheck.
Enjoying the Ride
Funding Manager (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: employee appreciation incentives - company bought lunches, monthly bonus potential, chances to win great items (ipads, tv's, gift cards)
Cons: no tuition riembursement
Direct Capital is a wonderful company to work for. The people are friendly and management takes a learning standpoint. I have never been "yelled at" or "disciplined" for making an error, but shown how to resolve the issue so that it doesn't happen again.

For my specific position there is a great monthly bonus incentive to help keep me focused on both – more... Quality and Quantity of work.

This job is extremely fast paced and being that you are dealing with a businesses finances, you must adhere to quality of work so needless errors do not happen. It is difficult not to rush given how busy we are - but with determiniation we can accomplish anything.

My position is not for someone who wants to just sit around -- if you love multi-tasking and being consistantly busy, then this is the job for you! :) – less
Great Place To Work!
CS (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: fantastic atmosphere, great management, amazing people!
Cons: not as much advancement opportunities as i'd like
DCC is truly a great place to work! Everyone works really hard but remains super friendly! I would highly recommend DCC to perspective employees.
Fast-paced, fun place to work
CRM Manager (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHNovember 27, 2012
Pros: great, friendly people
Cons: no education reimbursement yet
Working at Direct Capital is a lot of fun. Everyone has a tremendous attitude and passion for the success of the company. The culture is fast-paced and filled with opportunities for growth.
Great work atmosphere
Communications (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHNovember 26, 2012
Direct Capital is a fun and great place to work. There is always new initiatives going on to expand the business. Growing and doing well so it's an exciting time to be working here.
Not a bad place to work
Marketing (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHNovember 26, 2012
Pros: food for purchase available, quarterly employee recognition, quarterly bonuses
Cons: higher health care costs, un mactched 401k - until now!!!
Great culture, young staff, exciting, fun, great opportunity to grow and expand skills. Since I have worked here I have noticed that the employees are very giving and generous to the chairites the comapny supports. For example the outpouring of food and suppIies donated by the staff helped fill and entire truck headed to NY. For a company of only 200 – more... that is just AMAZING!!!!!!!

As far as an employeer - I find the company provides compensation on par with many other companies - not underpaid, not overpaid and the benefits are comparable to other comapnies of it's size.

Although the work hours are strict - there seems to be a good work life balance for most employees – less
Great environment, great people
Marketing (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHNovember 21, 2012
Pros: challenging, fun, great people
Cons: no 401k match, no education reimbursement, high healthcare premiums
Direct Capital as a company is extremely driven and forward-thinking, and the same is true of the employees here. I've never worked with a smarter, more innovative bunch of people.

Coming to work each day, knowing I will be challenged and learn something new is something I look forward to. This is a great environment for people who strive to be the – more... best at what they do and are not content with status quo. That said, it's not for everyone. The pace is fast and goals are aggressive. No layups and resting on your laurels or last month's achievements. – less
A great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHNovember 20, 2012
Pros: avanti market, gym on site, fun place to work, bbq's, holiday parties
Cons: no 401k match yet
I'm very proud to be a part of the Direct Capital community. It's a great, fun place to work, and the level of community involvement is greater than any company that I've ever worked for in the past. Sure, there are some challenges and management definitely expects you to do great things, but when you succeed you are rewarded handsomely for your hardwork.
Terrible work experience
Intern (Former Employee), Durham, NHJuly 5, 2012
Pros: sales experience
Cons: heavy cold calling
poor management, weak pay, no benefits for my role as an intern.
Poorly Managed, Low pay, Overworked
Funding Manager (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHMay 21, 2012
Terrible company to work for, there are MANY reviews online about this company. I would highly discourage anyone from working here and anyone from doing business with this company.

About Direct Capital Corporation

Direct Capital is a family and employee-owned company headquartered in historic Portsmouth, New Hampshire. For more than 20 years, – Read more