Direct Capital Employee Reviews

Overall Great Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 19, 2017
Great company, with great culture and room for growth. Met a lot of friends. Management is encouraging and wants you to succeed. New CEO may be able to name all 300 some odd employees.
N/a
Funding Manager I (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 24, 2017
As a finding Manager you are thrown into a fast paced stressful environment where you need to fund a minimum of 120 deals a month or hit a quarterly goal of 4 million in total volume funded.
Pros
Hour lunch, get to leave early some Fridays if the goal is met
Cons
Goals become a condition of employment.
People, Culture, Growth, Fun
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 14, 2016
Founded in Portsmouth & staying loyal to Seacoast NH roots & vibe. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment and even as part of public bank now, that culture shines through.

Management is extremely approachable but also proactively seeks involvement & input from the entire organization.

Great focus on work/life balance with amazing benefits; fun company events & lots of ways to connect with co-workers. Awesome mix of people as workforce ranges from new college grads through experienced, tenured professionals.

Company is growing at a rapid pace so TONS of room for development & advancement.
Pros
Energetic environment; open concept office; lots of great company events
Cons
Very minor but parking is getting rough as the company grows
Sr. .Net Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 14, 2016
Devised test cases to test the purpose of particular functionality by testing in the test environment of the product Utilibill.
ii. Deployed the test passed code into the actual database of the product Utilibill.
iii. Performed manual acceptance testing of code snippets that were reported incorrect and corrected by the Programming team.
iv. Tested deployment of new reports and proper functioning of the underlying performance requirements.
Incredible Staff-Very Motivating
Lending Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, New HampshireMay 16, 2016
Co-Workers and Management never hesitate to assist one another to accomplish the companies goals! Recognition is always given to a job well done which is vey refreshing.
Pros
On site Gym, Early release days when goals have been met!
Cons
Fast paced environment with friendly helpful coworkers
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New HampshireMarch 9, 2016
I have been for for 1.5 years, Direct Capital has been great so far. Busy days but lots of great coworkers who are willing to stop and help if you have questions. Insurance is expensive but not outside the overall costs at other companies. Management is always eager to help and don't mind rolling up the sleeves to get work done when things get busy.Would highly recommend working here. Be aware the first few weeks will be fast, don't hesitate to ask as many questions as possible and you will be fine.
Pros
Great environment, lots of extra work perks
Cons
Can be very busy at times
competitive, fast paced atmosphere
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 27, 2014
fast paced work environment and very competitive as well throughout the sales floor
Fast-paced, fun, friendly environment
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 23, 2013
My day consist of receiving and processing all insurance received by mail, email, and fax. I then update the customer's billing account to ensure they are not charged fees incurred for not having provided us with proof of insurance. I also reach out to insurance agents to provide our insurance requirements and obtain the insurance certificate. I enjoy my responsibilities and have learned a great deal about insurance and billing.
Great people good environment
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  PortsmouthMarch 13, 2013
Been working here for just about a year and love it. You can easily see the potential if you look around the sales floor. Great place if you work hard and want to be compensated.
Pros
uncapped growrth potential
Cons
can be stressful at times
Very Family orientated company
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Porstmouth NHJanuary 28, 2013
I have been working here since 2008 and have been promoted 3 times in less then 5 years.

During the 'depression' time. Direct Capital did what they could to minimize having to let employees go. Even had VP's on the phones trying to keep the business going and generate sales. They want you to succeed and grow with them as much as you do!

The generosity they show towards their employees is astounding! They have offered PTO donation banks for employees who have run out of their own PTO and needed to stay out longer to either get better or care for someone else. They have Jeans Donation days every Friday for local charities and a lot of the time if it affects an employee, they will match what is collected. To me that says a lot about the company!

Even during the stressful times of the month, I can honestly say I love my job and love coming to work,
Pros
gym, 401k match, good health care, family oriented, advancement/growth opportunites
Cons
can be stressful but most jobs have a little bit of stress.
Are you Driven? Then this is your place!
Sr. Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth NHJanuary 15, 2013
Direct Capital is the place for people that want to work hard and get results. Very objective and supportive management that works to help you succeed.
Pros
work hard = make money!
Cons
if your in sales, you need to put in the hours. but thats with any sales job.
Direct Capital Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 15, 2013
I have been in sales at Direct Capital now for several years and find that one thing is constant, the people that work here are winners. Work ethic is a corner stone and success expected . If you have the drive, the will power and competitive fire needed for sales then Direct Capital is the place to be.
Pros
income, benefits, technology
Cons
hours
Fun and exciting environment, opportunity for growth is excellent
Vendor Vertical Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 15, 2013
Direct Capital has evolved tremendously over the past few years.

The company affords the opportunity to work with a multitude of businesses from all walks of life. We have products that truly benefit the full spectrum of businesses in the US from Small to Large employers.

The company is very innovative and always evolving to be better than the day before. We've got a huge focus on customer experience and making sure to forge long term relationships with our customers. This translates to people working here for a long term career, not just a job.

The team at Direct Capital is great, we work hard and play hard. We're given the chance to find our own path through career advancement at DCC. The training program has come a long way here as well, great marketing team with good referrals.
Pros
compensation, fun environment, innovative
Cons
can be stressful at times
Lucrative and Fun
Director, Business Development (Current Employee) –  GAJanuary 14, 2013
Direct is a very dynamic, fast paced, high energy workplace. There is always a desire to improve effeciencies and make business "easier". It is an organization that is laser focused on making every customer experince outstanding. If you are looking for a career/advancement in the financials services industry this is the place.
Pros
great compensation, management and fun work environment
Cons
health care benfits if you are a remote employee
Professional Firm and Exceptional Workplace Experience
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 11, 2013
Wonderful company to work for. I have been employed by Direct Capital for over 3 years and I have nothing but good things to say about Direct Capital. Not only does Direct Capital offer the potential to be extremely successful, the overall culture and workplace experience is not short of amazing. I am happy to say that I have established a carreer in this industry and I have gained valuable experience because of the opportunity that Direct Capital has given me. I would recommend this job for anyone who has the drive and motivation to be successful.
Pros
professional and reputable firm, health benifits, pay
Cons
you must be dedicated to success and have the ablilty to handle a fast paced work day
excellent career, great enviroment, and wonderful atmosphere
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth N.H.January 9, 2013
Currently, i relocated from Miami beach FL due to the current economic downturn, to New Hampshire where i was raised. After Months of searching I finally came across Direct Capital, upon my interview i was impressed with the benefits and possibilitys here, I immediatly new this is where i wanted to plant my feet. Direct Capital is not a Job it is a career and the possibilitys here are endless many of the employees at Direct Capital have been here for many years that should tell you somthing, This is a great enviroment, it is a challenging career and no day is every the same. Direct Capital is by far one of the best career's out there for employees looking for somewhere they can plant there feet.
Pros
a rewarding career
It's Great!
Senior Finance manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 8, 2013
Great place to work. It is fast paced, competitive, fun and everyone here has a passion to drive to higher highs every single day! The technology and support is cream of the crop, and the sky is the limit. I am a senior finance manager here, and have been here for 8 years. I have been in several other sales positions, and I ca say that Direct Capital is truely a place where you get out, what you put in. If you're willing to work hard, and rise to the challenge each and everyday, you can really do well here.
Pros
you are in the driver's seat, great support
Cons
wish there were more hours in the day so i could produce even more!
An Opportunity to Driven, Focused Sales Reps
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 8, 2013
Direct Capital provides an opportunity for people that are driven and focused on being successful. While the tools are provided by management to be successful, there are no free lunches and you will only make as much money as you are willing to work for. That said, only applicants that are serious about working hard and hold themselves accountable for their efforts need apply.

So far as culture, Direct Capital's recently adopted core values make working here very pleasant. There is a vibrant culture that creates a combination of ethics and success and the company with their employees envolvement has been extremely generous with their charities. Direct Capital donates $10 to a charity of each customers choice for every deal booked. With over a thousand deals per month, this is TRULY giving back to the community.

A great company, an excellent carreer.
Pros
culture of ethics/success, vibrance, opportunity
Feedback from a veteran employee
SR Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth NHJanuary 8, 2013
I have been at Direct Capital for almost 13 years. I have held various positions within the firm, as needed by the firm. I can honestly tell you that the environment is completely positive. I understand the culture, and appreciate the opportunity to hold such a great career. Additionally, the amount of personal capital gain will be larger than most "grass is greener" idea's and careers you may see posted on-line. If you follow the recommendations for success on the transactional level and operational side of the house, you will gain nominally. I am in the trenches everyday- see you here.
Pros
education, sales techniques, great friends, tight group, operations team
Cons
start @ 8:30 instead of 9:00-???
Productive yet enjoyable workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth New HampshireJanuary 8, 2013
It has been a pleasure to be a part of such a great company for the amount of time I have been here, and I look forward to many more years to come. The management team constantly drives you to reach higher levels of production, and rewards you greatly for meeting or exceed the goals that are set.
Pros
great benefits, 401k match
Cons
no annual salary increase in 4+ years, but am receiving higher commission totals making more money each year, but would still enjoy a salary increase.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Capital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4