Direct Capital

Direct Capital Employee Reviews

Very Family orientated company
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Porstmouth NHJanuary 28, 2013
I have been working here since 2008 and have been promoted 3 times in less then 5 years.

During the 'depression' time. Direct Capital did what they could to minimize having to let employees go. Even had VP's on the phones trying to keep the business going and generate sales. They want you to succeed and grow with them as much as you do!

The generosity they show towards their employees is astounding! They have offered PTO donation banks for employees who have run out of their own PTO and needed to stay out longer to either get better or care for someone else. They have Jeans Donation days every Friday for local charities and a lot of the time if it affects an employee, they will match what is collected. To me that says a lot about the company!

Even during the stressful times of the month, I can honestly say I love my job and love coming to work,
Pros
gym, 401k match, good health care, family oriented, advancement/growth opportunites
Cons
can be stressful but most jobs have a little bit of stress.
An Opportunity to Driven, Focused Sales Reps
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 8, 2013
Direct Capital provides an opportunity for people that are driven and focused on being successful. While the tools are provided by management to be successful, there are no free lunches and you will only make as much money as you are willing to work for. That said, only applicants that are serious about working hard and hold themselves accountable for their efforts need apply.

So far as culture, Direct Capital's recently adopted core values make working here very pleasant. There is a vibrant culture that creates a combination of ethics and success and the company with their employees envolvement has been extremely generous with their charities. Direct Capital donates $10 to a charity of each customers choice for every deal booked. With over a thousand deals per month, this is TRULY giving back to the community.

A great company, an excellent carreer.
Pros
culture of ethics/success, vibrance, opportunity
Rewarding Career
Sales (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth NHDecember 4, 2012
I have been with Direct Capital now for over a year. I am also one of the younger gentlemen on the sales floor. My time at Direct Capital has been both rewarding and challenging. I look at my job as a sport that has 12 games. Each month is a game. You start fresh and you can make anything happen with no limitations. There is no cap as to how much you make. You are not scripted, you alone are in control of your career here at Direct Capital. Want to work with a friend? No problem, get them a job here too and you can get up to 600$ with the referral program. I came to DCC because I heard good things and I wanted a job. My intentions were to stay here for a little while, save up some money and then go to school. With the amount of money I am making, I have no need to go anywhere else. I have chosen a career here at Direct Capital and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a career in sales.
Pros
401k match, benefits, friendly enviroment
Cons
can be stressful at times
Fun and exciting environment, opportunity for growth is excellent
Vendor Vertical Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 15, 2013
Direct Capital has evolved tremendously over the past few years.

The company affords the opportunity to work with a multitude of businesses from all walks of life. We have products that truly benefit the full spectrum of businesses in the US from Small to Large employers.

The company is very innovative and always evolving to be better than the day before. We've got a huge focus on customer experience and making sure to forge long term relationships with our customers. This translates to people working here for a long term career, not just a job.

The team at Direct Capital is great, we work hard and play hard. We're given the chance to find our own path through career advancement at DCC. The training program has come a long way here as well, great marketing team with good referrals.
Pros
compensation, fun environment, innovative
Cons
can be stressful at times
Great environment for those who like to challenge themselves and be rewarded for effort.
Sr. Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 21, 2012
Been with Direct Capital for 2 years now. It is a company with an achievement culture and start up mentality. For those of us driven to challenge ourselves each day and work with purpose it can be very rewarding.

Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their area of expertise and drive the company in the direction of progress and growth. The fact we are growing when others are shrinking is a testament to what can be done when a team works together.

The overall team is full of problem solvers and professionals. Management communicates well and does everything they can to get you the resources you need to be successful.

I recommend Direct Capital to all the over achievers our there looking for a place where performance is rewarded.
excellent career, great enviroment, and wonderful atmosphere
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth N.H.January 9, 2013
Currently, i relocated from Miami beach FL due to the current economic downturn, to New Hampshire where i was raised. After Months of searching I finally came across Direct Capital, upon my interview i was impressed with the benefits and possibilitys here, I immediatly new this is where i wanted to plant my feet. Direct Capital is not a Job it is a career and the possibilitys here are endless many of the employees at Direct Capital have been here for many years that should tell you somthing, This is a great enviroment, it is a challenging career and no day is every the same. Direct Capital is by far one of the best career's out there for employees looking for somewhere they can plant there feet.
Pros
a rewarding career
Fun, challenging, rewarding and an awesome culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth NHDecember 7, 2012
I've been with Direct Capital for 8 yrs and while that seems like a long time, it's only a hair above average in our sales department. The tenure of the sales team averages 5 yrs...unheard of. There are many reasons sales professionals come to Direct Capital and stay for a long time, compensation, multiple revenue lines, residual income, great growth opportunity, awesome resources and sales support, great systems and a great work environment.

If you seek a sales career that is not only rewarding but also challenging and extremely fast paced.....Direct Capital is the best place for you.
Pros
contests with cash rewards, great lead flow, great products to service customers, transparent and highly rewarding.
Cons
it's in portsmouth nh
Professional Firm and Exceptional Workplace Experience
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 11, 2013
Wonderful company to work for. I have been employed by Direct Capital for over 3 years and I have nothing but good things to say about Direct Capital. Not only does Direct Capital offer the potential to be extremely successful, the overall culture and workplace experience is not short of amazing. I am happy to say that I have established a carreer in this industry and I have gained valuable experience because of the opportunity that Direct Capital has given me. I would recommend this job for anyone who has the drive and motivation to be successful.
Pros
professional and reputable firm, health benifits, pay
Cons
you must be dedicated to success and have the ablilty to handle a fast paced work day
Feedback from a veteran employee
SR Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth NHJanuary 8, 2013
I have been at Direct Capital for almost 13 years. I have held various positions within the firm, as needed by the firm. I can honestly tell you that the environment is completely positive. I understand the culture, and appreciate the opportunity to hold such a great career. Additionally, the amount of personal capital gain will be larger than most "grass is greener" idea's and careers you may see posted on-line. If you follow the recommendations for success on the transactional level and operational side of the house, you will gain nominally. I am in the trenches everyday- see you here.
Pros
education, sales techniques, great friends, tight group, operations team
Cons
start @ 8:30 instead of 9:00-???
Fun, Fast-Paced, Unlimited Earning Potential
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 8, 2013
I have been an employee of Direct Capital for years, BEST CAREER MOVE EVER! I have been in every aspect of sales and finance and I stand by that statement. The owners treat you like family, the management will take all of the time needed to help you grow and succeed. The hardest part of the job here is leaving at the end of the day, unlimited earning potential for whoever wants to work for it. and to say that my most enjoyable part of the job is that the owners come in and know you by name, and would go above and beyond for every employee here.
Pros
compensation, atmosphere, knowledge gained
It's Great!
Senior Finance manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 8, 2013
Great place to work. It is fast paced, competitive, fun and everyone here has a passion to drive to higher highs every single day! The technology and support is cream of the crop, and the sky is the limit. I am a senior finance manager here, and have been here for 8 years. I have been in several other sales positions, and I ca say that Direct Capital is truely a place where you get out, what you put in. If you're willing to work hard, and rise to the challenge each and everyday, you can really do well here.
Pros
you are in the driver's seat, great support
Cons
wish there were more hours in the day so i could produce even more!
Great Sales Environment
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 8, 2013
I have worked in the Equipment Financing Industry for over 5 years now and have never experienced a sales environment anything like this. The sales floor and management are full of energy...you truly want to bring it and give everything you have every day. You work hard and get rewarded it. I left so much money on the table by staying at another finance company not making the switch to Direct Capital earlier.
Pros
great energy, fun environment, and can make great money
Cons
must want to succeed and put in the time to do so. it won't be handed to you.
Great fun place to work
Communications (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 26, 2012
I can honestly say that this is the first job where I don't dread going into work each day. The group of people that I work with are great and we all really get along. The casual Fridays don't hurt either - as we are asked to donate a small amount of money to a local charity. We have donated over $15,000 as a company just this year alone... JUST for wearing jeans. It feels awesome. I would definitely reccomend working here! They also just brought back the 401K match... so I am a happy camper!
Pros
avanti market, great group of people, 401k match
Productive yet enjoyable workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth New HampshireJanuary 8, 2013
It has been a pleasure to be a part of such a great company for the amount of time I have been here, and I look forward to many more years to come. The management team constantly drives you to reach higher levels of production, and rewards you greatly for meeting or exceed the goals that are set.
Pros
great benefits, 401k match
Cons
no annual salary increase in 4+ years, but am receiving higher commission totals making more money each year, but would still enjoy a salary increase.
Lucrative and Fun
Director, Business Development (Current Employee) –  GAJanuary 14, 2013
Direct is a very dynamic, fast paced, high energy workplace. There is always a desire to improve effeciencies and make business "easier". It is an organization that is laser focused on making every customer experince outstanding. If you are looking for a career/advancement in the financials services industry this is the place.
Pros
great compensation, management and fun work environment
Cons
health care benfits if you are a remote employee
Fast paced, exciting, innovative, great environment
Funding (Current Employee) –  OperationsJanuary 8, 2013
Direct Capital is an electric place to work. Days go by lightning fast due to all the activity. The company is constantly looking for ways to provide new products, better customer service, and improve on existing techniques and processes. Management actively solicits, and listens to feedback. It's Boston and NYC excitement in Portsmouth, NH!
Pros
monthly bonuses, prize drawings, barbeques
Cons
no down time - it's work or go home!
Direct Capital is a terrific place to work
Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, New HampshireNovember 20, 2012
At Direct Capital, the word "team" means something. It's a fun, fast-paced work environment where you're encouraged to go above and beyond to help grow the business. Hard work is rewarded and the focus on giving every week to charities means you can feel good about what you do.
Pros
great team, easy commute, dynamic work environment, community focus
Direct Capital Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 15, 2013
I have been in sales at Direct Capital now for several years and find that one thing is constant, the people that work here are winners. Work ethic is a corner stone and success expected . If you have the drive, the will power and competitive fire needed for sales then Direct Capital is the place to be.
Pros
income, benefits, technology
Cons
hours
Are you Driven? Then this is your place!
Sr. Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth NHJanuary 15, 2013
Direct Capital is the place for people that want to work hard and get results. Very objective and supportive management that works to help you succeed.
Pros
work hard = make money!
Cons
if your in sales, you need to put in the hours. but thats with any sales job.
Great people good environment
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  PortsmouthMarch 13, 2013
Been working here for just about a year and love it. You can easily see the potential if you look around the sales floor. Great place if you work hard and want to be compensated.
Pros
uncapped growrth potential
Cons
can be stressful at times

4.6