Direct Energy

Direct Energy Employer Reviews

Employee oriented and very flexible
Sales Operations Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility, development areas are wide.
Cons: it needs a little bit more organization
There is no specific time to start working, but as long as your duties and responsibilities are covered then management is usually OK with that. This company is a place for people that are willing to take the initiative to accomplish something.
Great Place to work!
Executive Assistant to CIO (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: great place to work as a company
Cons: work life balace was sometimes not an option
Gowing environment and great place to work. I enjoyed the environment.
Helping customers to set up electricity
Marketing (Former Employee), tempe, azApril 26, 2014
Being that the east coast and Texas are de regulated with electricity it was our job to set up customers with electricity and help with anything they needed regarding electricity. Direct Energy was a very fun fulfilling place to work and always was able to get help when it was needed from management. I learned alot about customer satisfaction and how – more... electricity works. It was an utmost experience and I loved it. – less
Great place to work.
Real-Time Dispatcher (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2014
Everyone I worked with was great, but the upper levels of management couldn't decide whether to hire more people or eliminate my department altogether.
Great to plan your day and week for productivity purposes
Retail Field Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, ArlingtonApril 22, 2014
A lot of time driving from place to place. Ready to always be in a training mode with the people I met. Always understanding the place
the other side came from with customer problems.
Crucial to make time management and fulfill the plans for the day.
The elements were the hardest part. Hot, rain or very cold.
Always in touch with people and their needs.
Over worked and under paid
Account Manager (Former Employee), ohioApril 14, 2014
Very long work hours and no benefits or funding for driving your own car around town all day.
Very Good Place to Be
Internal Audit Director (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: learning potential
Cons: location of office
Excellent learning potential. Professional people. Growing exponentially
interestig
Residential Sales Rep (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 7, 2014
I loved it, great people friendly faces. good pay. I enjoyed my time there and customers
Pricing Analyst Review
National Accounts Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2014
Pros: casual work eviromment
Cons: lack of communication throughout the company
I work with the National/Key Accounts team which are the largest and most complex customers we have at the company. We working directly with the sales reps as well as their sales' support team. We request and validate usage for the utilities for both the power and gas markets.
door to door
Salesman (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2014
door to door sales. Not enough money and not a product anyone wants to listen to.
Good Company
Senior Software Engineer, Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: challenging (best of what i wanted), ownership, good work/life balance, salary
Cons: some long time employees are not contributing enough
It is a good company to work for; Good people. I was able to "grab" many new projects and was able to contribute.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 150 East 52nd St., NY, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: company left the ny market
Interesting position. Met a lot a great people some who I worked for, some who were on my level.
overall great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Ennis, TXFebruary 7, 2014
I enjoyed working with others... and I loved making people happy...including myself
HR (Current Employee), United StatesFebruary 5, 2014
A lot of change, but a great company culture. If you stick with it (and you're willing to relocate) you can build a great career there.
Excellent contract, ended too soon!
Systems Administrator, Active Directory / Exchange (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great location, included parking, modern office
Cons: disconnected upper management
I enjoyed working for Direct Energy on a contract basis (through Keen Consulting). The job was great, the pay was pretty good, and I enjoyed my team and my direct management. Unfortunately, the contract was set to expire at the end of the year, and despite the fact that immediate management wanted to keep my colleague and I, upper management bungles – more... allowed the contracts to expire. It is possible that we will return, but that remains to be seen. – less
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: lots of contests and fun people
Cons: short lunches
No pressure environment with a lot of variety talking to a wide range of people in North America on a variety of problems
Great place to work!!
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Direct Energy the people and atmosphere was awesome
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: work life balance is phenomenal
Cons: high overturn
• Work directly with Senior Vice President & General Manager of US Commercial Team and the Chief Sales Officer for Direct Energy Residential in a fast paced and detail oriented atmosphere.
• Heavy calendar management for both Executives including extensive travel arrangements weekly.
• Handle highly confidential files and information while maintaining – more... complete discretion.
• Prepare and manage expense reports including those of senior level direct reports.
• Coordinate floor moves for Commercial and Sales Team.
• Prepare and process Purchase Orders for Commercial and Sales teams, including cost reporting and consumption.
• Maintain working Organizational Charts for both teams.
• Prioritize time sensitive requests and ensure deadlines are met.
• President’s Club Annual Trip Coordinator – all facets.
• Liaison to Human Resources, handling all onboarding of new employees. – less
productive and fun place
Customer Service / Back office specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 13, 2014
I learned a lot about the energy business, I got a lot of trainning related collections, multi-dwelling accounts, phone etiquette, I grew a lot profesionally during my time at Direct Energy.
customer service
Service Representative (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: great- co-workers and meeting customers
Cons: company closed down
door to door sales consaltant. customer Service skills. management was a lil unorganized. co-workers where fun and out going. hardest part was walking around all day. meeting customers and working with my team

About Direct Energy

Direct Energy is a leading supplier of Electricity and Natural Gas Products. Find out what fixed, variable, and pay-as-you-go – Read more