Direct Energy Employee Reviews

Comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2017
I loved working with this company I learned a lot from this company, I was encouraged to do my best it was a very comfortable environment to work in I was very happy with this company.
Pros
Early shifts, very helpful when it came to family emergencies.
Cons
No cons
A little disappointing working for this $19B Company
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2017
My dept works remotely which is ideal for someone like myself who has had a business which I worked from my home base office.

As a Team our expectations and goals have changed 3 times within a year and it seems like management is just throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks.

Our Team moral is deteriorating because management is not hearing what we are saying or valuing our imput.
Pros
I believe in their Franchise expansion program I am marketing...
Cons
Too many changes within the past year with goals, commission and management.
Work Summary at Direct Energy
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Enjoyed my employment at DE everyone was very helpful, and its a wonderful work environment. This company would be a perfect place to retire, or start your career,
Was a Great place to work.
Senior Analyst, System Administrator, Prod Support (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 14, 2017
now that they have outsourced IT department to India I don't have much to say about them. Since I was raised with the understanding that if you do not have anything good to say about someone or something then you don't say anything at all.
Opportunities to grow although very demanding.
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2017
Opportunities to grow within the company although poor home/work balance. The company lost the personal mom and pop company feel years ago, although the technicians are great with the customers.
Productive, Encouraging Workplace
Credit and Trade Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2017
Mangers supervised closely. No real meaningful tasks. Good pay, some reward, no autonomy. Strictly described scope of assignents and interns were never to surpass that scope.
Pros
Free lunches during meetings
Cons
Sometimes short lunches
Twilight Zone
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
A great place to learn if you can get past the frustration of manual processes, long hours and unbelievable turnover. I still liked the job and the people. However, it was an exhausting experience.
Pros
Location, great people
Cons
Manual, high turnover
To Follow
Network Security Architect (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2017
Direct Energy is one of the largest retail energy suppliers in North America, 6,200 employees server 5 million customers. The Network Security team is directly responsible for all the Security. Owned by Centrica one of the worlds leading energy companies in 7 countries and more than 39,000 employees. 2015 Revenue was 28 Billion Pounds
They suck
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2017
Waist of time dont bother trying to work there they just find reasons to end employment if the head person simply just doesnt like you. Doesnt matter how hard your work ethic is.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
See review
Working on commission
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2017
You walk into an office where you are given a pep talk to prepare you for the day. Vast money in a short amount of time is promised but unless you have money put away and time to waste youre pretty much not getting any money.
Great people to work with
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 21, 2017
Very busy and active work environment with many great people. The agents are humble and happy hard working and very friendly. Overall, management is very open and communicates often about company status or events. The culture is great; friendly and outgoing. The hardest part of the job was too much to do with too many deadlines and too few skilled people to help maintain the demands of management. The most enjoyable part was working with so many different but friendly personalities.
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
non predictable environement
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXMarch 18, 2017
A typical day was a great work experience, walking in everyone with smiles on the faces, I learned how work with customer and new management due to different management changing.
Enjoyed Corporate Culture
Credit & Debt Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 17, 2017
Open office atmosphere and community involvement were thins that appealed to me when I interviewed and didn't disappoint. Educational series on Fridays for all employees to learn more about our company and industry. Did great job of recognizing employee achievements. Just couldn't handle being stuck at a desk and tied to a phone all day every day. Enjoyed the camaraderie of my coworkers.
Pros
great benefits, fun corporate culture
Cons
personally didn't like being tied to desk and phone all day, didn't care for the 4DX program
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 16, 2017
.Monitor 15 agents daily statistics and compliance
Coaching and developing agents
Handling escalated phone calls and leading team members through out expectation meetings
OK place to work, no support from management
Acct. Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 8, 2017
Once you are on the managements "hit list", you are bound to fail and will be terminated. The job was ok, calling on vendors for service claims. It's a depressing end to a good job.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No management support
Na
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 27, 2017
Door to Door Sales , Fixed Energy rates. Energy Supplier For utilities . Great start job for people in Sales. Commission Rate not hourly. Bonuses for highest writer
For the most part a great place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
For the most part a great place to work with lot of opportunities to grow. The culture was good. A lot of good people who look to work along side with you. Management was okay.
bad company
Sales and customer responsiveness (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
nobody got time to be wasting just not the perfect job for anybody so don't apply for it unless you got time to waste but its god costumer service with the company
Highly productive and fun loving group
Senior Analyst, Production Support (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 24, 2017
The work [place is an open hall with all the employees visible!!
Exciting place to work with all the din and noise, but highly effective and efficient organization.
It is the people who matter the most when it comes to CUSTOMER ORIENTATION and DE has it all!!
Exciting, Dynamic Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Loved the culture, the people and the day to day work. Always challenging and ever changing. Never any down time and no time to be board.

Loved that we set goals at the beginning of the year and have a check in meeting to see where I was. Great leaders!
Pros
Able to work on volunteer teams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Energy. Our community is ready to answer.