Direct Energy

Direct Energy Employer Reviews

Nice people, Unstable environment
Senior Gas Scheduler (Current Employee), Houston TxOctober 1, 2013
Pros: fair, if average, pay, great benefits
Cons: instability... changing vision for company
The people at Direct are nice enough. But mangment lacks direction and there is much instability. Oftenfeels like a rudderless ship.
Productive work place
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZSeptember 27, 2013
This job was very interesting. Customers kept you on your toes and it's up to you how you respond to them. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult customers and down time between calls. Otherwise the job was really good.
Great working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ennis, TexasSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: exercise room, computer room, lounge, free breakfast
Cons: relocated
A typical day at work would be coming in at 7:30 to the call center to help customers with questions about their summaries. I learned how to work in a fast paced manner. The management was great. My co-workers were very helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was to satisfy each customer on each call. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... that we had fun while working. – less
Sr. Power Portfolio and Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: work/life balance, company activities
Cons: change mananagement, communicatoin
Very balanced environment to work in. Many great activities and fun co-workers and management team. Con is change management. Always changing structure and moving employees with poor communication of future plans or changes.
Overall was a productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ennis,TXAugust 12, 2013
I enjoyed working at Direct Energy the manager over the sales tower made it a very fun place to work with different types of sales games with incentives. My coworkers made the day enjoyable.
Pretty good place to work.
supervisor I (Former Employee), Ennis, TXAugust 12, 2013
Pretty good place to work. High volume of calls from variety of customers.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe,AzAugust 5, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: mid to high turnover rate
direct energy is a awesome place to work, with great benefits and great management , my coworks are all sweet peele and awesome team workers awesome full time job
its a fun work place
Sales representative (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: making good money weekly
Cons: due to some personal problem, i had to live . but it's a great company
they are so respectful and kind , they know how to treat employees.
Payroll Department
Payroll (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2013
Cons: management to buddy, buddy with some co-workers. very unprofessional!
Worked in the payroll department.....very bad! Very bad management values. Management gossip and not very supportive.
Growing Company
Direct Energy Enrollments (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2013
at the time of me working at this establishment it was in growing phases but still very good place to work. the team was great and so were upper management.
Start up Contact Center Operations within Energy Industry
Strategy Analyst (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 15, 2013
Pros: good worklife balance
Cons: communication
Open Environment with many employee engagement activities.
Decent employer on down hill slide
Employee (Current Employee), TexasJune 26, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: introduction of european culture
Direct Energy was a good company to work for, however, the new direction will cost them valuable employees and lose the company their p[lace in the Texas energy market.

The co-workers are great people.

Senior management lacks the old school vision of what being a energy company is all about: providing a better product better than anyone else and making – more... a profit. – less
Didn't stay long
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2013
Didn't stay long, worked in the payroll dept, and the management was terrible.
Call center
New Hire Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 22, 2013
Typical call center environment. New hire training was a very fun job, I love it! Everyone come in to class excited about their new job and edger to learn. I trained all company software, guidlines, expectations, attendance policy, and "World Class Customer Service"
Nice, professional environment
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2013
The work is interesting and the people are nice to work with. Folks are spread out pretty thin.
Responsibilities
Senior Manager of Sales Planning & Execution (Former Employee), Montebello, NYMay 29, 2013
Pros: provide input for executive mgmt
Cons: direct energy closed down ny office, i was offered relocation to tx but was unable to accept
Key liaison between Sales and Finance for the annual/quarterly/monthly budget and variance exercises.
- Responsible for Financial Reporting and Analysis to increase financial oversight, provide segregation of costs and support cost containment.
- Work with Sales Management team to develop accurate, timely and realistic sales forecast for all sales channels – more... and products sold across North America.
- Suggest improvements to operational processes and key cost components, monitor trends, assess implications and develop actionable strategies.
- Involved in number of cost management initiatives resulting in significant cost savings for the department – less
SPEECHLESS!
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything
I don't want anyone to think that I am some sort of disgruntled worker because I am not. Anyone that works there can verify that I worked my butt off 7 days a week with no overtime pay. I begged and pleaded with management to get some help, I was ignored. I had a major surgery and I came back 4 weeks early because I knew that the intern was leaving – more... and NO ONE ELSE could do my job. I had an aunt that was murdered, my boss never acknowledged it, no "I'm sorry, take bereavement days." My only brother died of cancer and my manager was standing at my desk when my sister called me, she patted me on the back and stated, "atleast you can work from home!" This lady was firing temps that she didn't like, her moods were up and down. It had gotten to a point where I documented everything. She is very dishonest and plain old evil. I have never seen such a person before. I was so stressed out coming up to the job at midnight with my young child because they wouldn't get me a laptop that worked, I couldn't take it anymore. My seizures started to flare up, and I was forced on a leave by my doctor. Upon my return, my desk was in a corner and my job title and schedule had changd. I will never recommend that place to anyone or animal as long as that lady is the manager over the help desk. I even went to HR with proper documents and no one did anything, no investigation. My friend who is an attorney scheduled me an appt with the EEOC and strongly suggest that I speak with them after reading the emails and documentation that I have. I could not take it anymore, and now that iI am gone, I am so happy. I promise you that you'll regret working there. – less
growing company; lots of opportunities
Finance Manager (Former Employee), houston, texasMay 12, 2013
overall, the company is going through some transformation challenges as it establishes its presence in houston, texas. this may present an opportunity for some.
They work you hard then lay you off
Bilingual Team Development Leader (Former Employee), Ennis, TXMay 10, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: horrible management, strict work schedules to the point of scheduling bathroom breaks.
For a large UK owned subsidiary the only positive thing I can say about Direct Energy is that their benefits were good, they had a gym in the building & the building was accomodating.
The management was constantly changing, poor internal communications, hostile environment within departments & inadequate training led to a very high turnover rate in – more... all levels.

Their severance packages were the absolute worst I've seen. – less
fast-paced, professional enviornment
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 9, 2013
A typical day at work for me was very stressful and included entering a lot of information on the computer. As an employee, you are expected to get the job done right the first time and little guidance is provided with your individual responsibilities.

About Direct Energy

Centrica is centered on integrated energy operations in the UK and North America through four major brands -- British Gas, Centrica – Read more