Direct Energy Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXMarch 18, 2017
A typical day was a great work experience, walking in everyone with smiles on the faces, I learned how work with customer and new management due to different management changing.
Enjoyed Corporate Culture
Credit & Debt Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 17, 2017
Open office atmosphere and community involvement were thins that appealed to me when I interviewed and didn't disappoint. Educational series on Fridays for all employees to learn more about our company and industry. Did great job of recognizing employee achievements. Just couldn't handle being stuck at a desk and tied to a phone all day every day. Enjoyed the camaraderie of my coworkers.
Pros
great benefits, fun corporate culture
Cons
personally didn't like being tied to desk and phone all day, didn't care for the 4DX program
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 16, 2017
.Monitor 15 agents daily statistics and compliance
Coaching and developing agents
Handling escalated phone calls and leading team members through out expectation meetings
OK place to work, no support from management
Acct. Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 8, 2017
Once you are on the managements "hit list", you are bound to fail and will be terminated. The job was ok, calling on vendors for service claims. It's a depressing end to a good job.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No management support
Na
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 27, 2017
Door to Door Sales , Fixed Energy rates. Energy Supplier For utilities . Great start job for people in Sales. Commission Rate not hourly. Bonuses for highest writer
For the most part a great place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
For the most part a great place to work with lot of opportunities to grow. The culture was good. A lot of good people who look to work along side with you. Management was okay.
bad company
Sales and customer responsiveness (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
nobody got time to be wasting just not the perfect job for anybody so don't apply for it unless you got time to waste but its god costumer service with the company
Highly productive and fun loving group
Senior Analyst, Production Support (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 24, 2017
The work [place is an open hall with all the employees visible!!
Exciting place to work with all the din and noise, but highly effective and efficient organization.
It is the people who matter the most when it comes to CUSTOMER ORIENTATION and DE has it all!!
Exciting, Dynamic Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Loved the culture, the people and the day to day work. Always challenging and ever changing. Never any down time and no time to be board.

Loved that we set goals at the beginning of the year and have a check in meeting to see where I was. Great leaders!
Pros
Able to work on volunteer teams
Very nice company to work at, encourages your best
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Customer service of the company could be handled a little bit better through a larger workforce. Management could also learn more about the other departments and how they work so that company would produce more revenue.
Pros
Work Enviroment
Cons
Short times between calls and pressure from management
It's a good work place and a safe environment
Customer Service Sales and marketing position (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 15, 2017
I like my job but it was a bit stressful you would be getting doors slammed in your face but I couldn't do it much longer because we would walk every where to get our sales . I didn't get paid very well do to the fact I was new to the company.
Pros
Company parties
Cons
The weather it was getting cold
No comunication.
Lead Electrician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 15, 2017
I was a lead electrician for 2 1/2 years and all I can say is that upper management has no comunication with you. All they want to see is completed jobs no matter how bad the weather is or how dangerous the roof may be. Also they have gone to a team pay structure so you get paid by job completed. You can make good money if all the material is given to you and you have all the right info but that usually doesn't happen. Also take snow storms into account. You show up to a job and the roof is covered in snow or Safty calls off the job you won't get paid for the day or let alone the hour/hours you took to get on site. The only real good thing is the health and 401k.
Pros
Health insurance.
Cons
No comunication and team pay so you'll never know what your getting for a paycheck
A great place if you like sales job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 8, 2017
Direct Energy has great benefits, culture and very diverse.But, I would not recommend working here because your job is never solidified. If you are not hitting your goals management will not work with you. You will be disposed.
I like the culture and overall management of the company
Sr. Gas Settlements Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2017
I like everything about the company, the environment and coworkers made the difference. Enjoyable place to work. Working here is exactly as we market DE, friendly simple and direct.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 1, 2017
Despite it being a call center, Direct energy was a very fun workplace. Supervisors made sure the employers were happy and actually cared about our well being.
productive fast paced place
Sales-person (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Meetings in the morning

dispatched to field

workers would proceed to go to door to door

workers walk to every destination

depart after work is done
Pros
Cons
the job itself
Great company, great work environment. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
Senior Enterprise Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Direct Energy and would suggest this company to anyone looking to get into the energy industry. I was able to learn a lot from tons of knowledgeable individuals at this company. The management team was very supportive and encouraged growth and development. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the employees.
Pros
Great work-life balance.
Cons
None.
fun place
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZJanuary 21, 2017
the place was amazing, the incentives were great, all of the supervisors were amazing to work with. the trainer really put an effort to teach you everything.
Fun Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2017
The job at Direct Energy is very relaxed and supportive. The managers are awesome and it has great benefits. They take time to acknowledge your efforts and they have many rewards and perks.
Pros
Rewarding, Paid Training, Tenure
Cons
Sales
Needs Improvement
Business Inbound/Outbound Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 3, 2017
I have worked at this company for 3 years and have moved up through every level in departments but they doesn't seem to be a clear direction from leadership as well as there is no room for growth to move up into leadership. There is no longer and development or training to become leaders so you are left to be only an agent without room to progress higher.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Energy. Our community is ready to answer.