Direct Energy

Direct Energy Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe,AzAugust 5, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: mid to high turnover rate
direct energy is a awesome place to work, with great benefits and great management , my coworks are all sweet peele and awesome team workers awesome full time job
its a fun work place
Sales representative (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: making good money weekly
Cons: due to some personal problem, i had to live . but it's a great company
they are so respectful and kind , they know how to treat employees.
Payroll Department
Payroll (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2013
Cons: management to buddy, buddy with some co-workers. very unprofessional!
Worked in the payroll department.....very bad! Very bad management values. Management gossip and not very supportive.
Growing Company
Direct Energy Enrollments (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2013
at the time of me working at this establishment it was in growing phases but still very good place to work. the team was great and so were upper management.
Start up Contact Center Operations within Energy Industry
Strategy Analyst (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 15, 2013
Pros: good worklife balance
Cons: communication
Open Environment with many employee engagement activities.
Decent employer on down hill slide
Employee (Current Employee), TexasJune 26, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: introduction of european culture
Direct Energy was a good company to work for, however, the new direction will cost them valuable employees and lose the company their p[lace in the Texas energy market.

The co-workers are great people.

Senior management lacks the old school vision of what being a energy company is all about: providing a better product better than anyone else and making – more... a profit. – less
Didn't stay long
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2013
Didn't stay long, worked in the payroll dept, and the management was terrible.
Call center
New Hire Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 22, 2013
Typical call center environment. New hire training was a very fun job, I love it! Everyone come in to class excited about their new job and edger to learn. I trained all company software, guidlines, expectations, attendance policy, and "World Class Customer Service"
Nice, professional environment
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2013
The work is interesting and the people are nice to work with. Folks are spread out pretty thin.
Responsibilities
Senior Manager of Sales Planning & Execution (Former Employee), Montebello, NYMay 29, 2013
Pros: provide input for executive mgmt
Cons: direct energy closed down ny office, i was offered relocation to tx but was unable to accept
Key liaison between Sales and Finance for the annual/quarterly/monthly budget and variance exercises.
- Responsible for Financial Reporting and Analysis to increase financial oversight, provide segregation of costs and support cost containment.
- Work with Sales Management team to develop accurate, timely and realistic sales forecast for all sales channels – more... and products sold across North America.
- Suggest improvements to operational processes and key cost components, monitor trends, assess implications and develop actionable strategies.
- Involved in number of cost management initiatives resulting in significant cost savings for the department – less
SPEECHLESS!
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything
I don't want anyone to think that I am some sort of disgruntled worker because I am not. Anyone that works there can verify that I worked my butt off 7 days a week with no overtime pay. I begged and pleaded with management to get some help, I was ignored. I had a major surgery and I came back 4 weeks early because I knew that the intern was leaving – more... and NO ONE ELSE could do my job. I had an aunt that was murdered, my boss never acknowledged it, no "I'm sorry, take bereavement days." My only brother died of cancer and my manager was standing at my desk when my sister called me, she patted me on the back and stated, "atleast you can work from home!" This lady was firing temps that she didn't like, her moods were up and down. It had gotten to a point where I documented everything. She is very dishonest and plain old evil. I have never seen such a person before. I was so stressed out coming up to the job at midnight with my young child because they wouldn't get me a laptop that worked, I couldn't take it anymore. My seizures started to flare up, and I was forced on a leave by my doctor. Upon my return, my desk was in a corner and my job title and schedule had changd. I will never recommend that place to anyone or animal as long as that lady is the manager over the help desk. I even went to HR with proper documents and no one did anything, no investigation. My friend who is an attorney scheduled me an appt with the EEOC and strongly suggest that I speak with them after reading the emails and documentation that I have. I could not take it anymore, and now that iI am gone, I am so happy. I promise you that you'll regret working there. – less
growing company; lots of opportunities
Finance Manager (Former Employee), houston, texasMay 12, 2013
overall, the company is going through some transformation challenges as it establishes its presence in houston, texas. this may present an opportunity for some.
They work you hard then lay you off
Bilingual Team Development Leader (Former Employee), Ennis, TXMay 10, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: horrible management, strict work schedules to the point of scheduling bathroom breaks.
For a large UK owned subsidiary the only positive thing I can say about Direct Energy is that their benefits were good, they had a gym in the building & the building was accomodating.
The management was constantly changing, poor internal communications, hostile environment within departments & inadequate training led to a very high turnover rate in – more... all levels.

Their severance packages were the absolute worst I've seen. – less
fast-paced, professional enviornment
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 9, 2013
A typical day at work for me was very stressful and included entering a lot of information on the computer. As an employee, you are expected to get the job done right the first time and little guidance is provided with your individual responsibilities.
Opprotunity for development
Manager, Operations - Remittance and Collections (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2013
Direct Energy has a culture of developing its employees and supporting growth.
Finding a company that can utilize my knowlege in the workforce
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Montebello, NYApril 19, 2013
Throughout my career, I have maintained performance standards within a diverse range
of job functions. I have successfully logged payroll and billing information using various computer programs such as SAP and Quicken. I have provided excellent customer service and sales ability. I was used in a team lead capacity to motivate and train my coworkers – more... in our ever evolving platforms.
Currently, I am seeking an association with a company that can benefit from my expertise. I have great organizational and communication skills and the ability to work well in both team oriented and self directed environments. – less
a great place to work
Credit and Collections Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Ennis TXApril 18, 2013
Pros: incentives, benefits, close to home
Cons: n/a
I was very happy at my job helping people is what I love to do .I learned alot working at the call center with enter acting with customers and co-workers I was always eager to help others.And I was also called upon to help on special projects and help training new hires.I really like helping people thats just me.
Good company, used to be great
Market Risk (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2013
Pros: good work / life balance
Cons: pay lower makret rate, cheap on company outings and external training
Good company to work in, can acquire great experience, though culture has taken a turn towards the worse, because of:

1) Diminishing sense of job security,
2) Leaders / Managers aren't always clear and straight forward about expectations and performances,
3) Career development isn't a company priority nor part of their culture.
Fun place to work depending on the department you are in.
Vendor Compensation Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2013
Pros: great working culture. good team building events
Cons: low compensation and no educational reimbursement (grad school)
At time the work load can be over barring but the people you work with compensates that.
Great People, Great Possibilities, Limited Directional Leadership
Analyst (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaMarch 31, 2013
Pros: people, benefits, work-life balance
Cons: leadership, lack of direction, antiquated tools
Direct Energy has gone through several major changes over the last 18 months. The company is in the process of stabilizing and once complete, could be a great place to work.

However, the Leadership has failed to include the stakeholders in large change decisions and has failed to provide adequate direction. There is not a good working relationship – more... between the offices (Tulsa, Houston, New York, etc) and the leadership turns a blind eye to this. Also, the systems and tools available to the employees and to assist the customers are antiquated for a company that would like to be "cutting edge." – less

About Direct Energy

Direct Energy is a leading supplier of Electricity and Natural Gas Products. Find out what fixed, variable, and pay-as-you-go – Read more