Direct General Auto Insurance

Direct General Auto Insurance Employer Reviews

Convenient and short commute to work, very knowledgeble teamleader
PIP Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 25, 2014
Pros: convenient and short commute to work
Cons: work/life balance
My overall work experience at Direct General was a 2-3 average. I learned quite a bit in terms of a non-standard insurance company and misrepresentation process and procedures. I also loved the short commute of less than 20 minutes. The hardest part of the job was finding a good work life balance. I found myself either going in early, staying late and/or working on the weekends when my actual work schedule entailed an 8 hour 7:30-4:30 schedule.
Fun Productive work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 14, 2014
Pros: fun potlucks
Cons: only for hurricane devostations
I love the job, great advancement and benefits also the pay was good.
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Little Rock, Arkansas (Col Glenn Location)December 7, 2014
Pros: cant name one
Cons: stressful environment, awful management, no training, short staffed
I thought this company was going to be professional, It was everything BUT! My DSM was fired once I got hired and it went down hill from there!

The person (RVP) that fired the DSM have no clue about insurance, in fact she is NOTeven licensed!! We had to go to business (The same businesses) and market the brand over and over again... how Embarrassing was that!

We also had to come in before our shift on Mondays and Tuesday for a conference call that we weren't even allowed to clock in for because we could not get over time!! I am sure that was a labor board issue. The RVP would embarrass and curse people out on the conference calls ...this actually caused an agent to quick via EMAIL which she copied EVERYONE on.

They do things that is clearly AGAINST the Arkansas Dept of Insurance guidelines!!! They have employees quoting insurance who didn't hold a licence. That is a huge NO NO!

The agents got minimal or NO Training prior to starting this includes myself...No wonder everyone would have tons and tons of agent errors! This is no place to work!! There is much more however, I just cant stand writing about them any more! I will say this.... If you value your Producer Licence.... Run far far away from this place!
High volume
Insurance Service & Sales Consultant (Former Employee), DeLand, FLNovember 22, 2014
Very interesting speaking to people
from all over the USA
Great co-workers
Typical Day
Client Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 9, 2014
Looking for a long term/full time job to grow with the company. I love working and interacting with other people and learning new things from co workers.
Fun place to work
Property Damage Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2014
Pros: staff, management
Cons: pay
This was a great entry level job with a lot of room for advancement.
Summer Job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 28, 2014
Great Experience! Great enviroment to work in. Lots of mannual labor which was fun y ordersfor me. High production with company orders was most difficult (mainly due to staffing)
Enjoyed working with this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: easy going work admesphere
Cons: dificult claimants
Customer service, for liability company, Work on phone answering questions about claims and taking information for new claims.
Co- workers easy going. Trying to help a difficult claimant.
Great starter Company
Total Loss Claims Team Supervisor (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: advancement and training
A good place to start a career in insurance if you are just getting into the business.
see below
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Cape Coral, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: a little too much micro managing
I don't like being moved from office to another all the time. Too much down time. Management was not very interpersonal with staff, felt like a number.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
MAILROOM CLAIMS CLERK (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 23, 2014
ASSIST CUSTOMERS OVER THE PHONE WITH POLICY CHANGE AND UPDATES
Great work place.
Licensed Agent (Former Employee), Baton Rouge LaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: comfortable desk area
Cons: pay
Nice place to work. Employees nice and there were alot of fun activities also that you can participate in.
You will learn the non-standard culture.
Sales Agent (Current Employee), GeorgiaAugust 23, 2014
Pros: always have job openings due to turnover rate
Cons: low compensation for expectations of company
Very stressful environment. Unrealistic expectations for obtaining new business through office marketing. If all marketing is done per the established procedures, there is no opportunity to write policies.
Office processes and filing requirements are changed with no advance notice so as to NEVER have a favorable assessment.
There us no immediate accountability; agents who circumvent the guidelines to write policies are heralded as 'great producers', while those who conduct themselves as outlined in the company guidelines are threatened with unemployment.
The worst company to work for ever
Property and Casualty Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), fredericksburg vaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: working on your own
Cons: no organization, no assistance, rude and inexperienced management
This company has no organization what so ever. The management and employees do whatever they want to peopel and get away with it. We were working in bad conditions, systems wouldnt work haf of the time, and the trainers stole money and did whatever they wanted to. They withhold money from employees and never reimburse them for expenses taken out of their pockets. I highly DO NOT reccomend ANYONE applying for this company EVER
Team work environment
Claims Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: its a team effort
Receive mail from claims made after an automobile accident or property damage, Mail is separated and distributed amongst everyone and its indexed on paper, scanned, indexed in the computer
Not very happy
Lead Sales Agent (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: compensation
The issues I have with the company is internal advancement. We have a huge turnover rate and the issues with the company overall has to deal with upper management. Overall, I do enjoy my co-workers and the opportunity my company has given me to be a Lead the years I have been with the company. The company hire adults not children and with the different changes they are incorporating makes us all feel like we are young children instead of an adult.
Miserable place to work
PIP Demand Adjuster (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2014
Pros: gainshare/bonus
Cons: horrible health insurance, low base pay and bonus is not guaranteed.
I hated management. While Progressive is very organized and stable. The room for advancement is next to none. Loads of favoritism and very little consistency in expectations.
If you like abuse and bullying then this is the place for you
current emplyee (Current Employee), n/aJuly 10, 2014
Cons: pretty much everything!
No matter how long you are with this organization, you will always be the escape goat for any decisions made by corporate that you cannot control. You will be worked and pushed daily.....even when the locations are not open. While they claim to promote a work/life balance, I can guarantee you this is not reality. If you get close to hitting goal, they will double it to ensure you do not receive the compensation you deserve. Don't be fooled by the false promises. You are only there to make the person you work for look better so they can take the credit for any increases in sales or service standards. This company overpays corporate individuals in charge of setting goals that they don't even understand and underpays those front-line individuals who are working desperately to keep the doors open while they try to make ends meet. Direct has the poorest commission/bonus structure of any insurance organization in existence. They also have some of the highest rates in the industry while showing no regard to the customer. Go ahead, file a claim with the organization and see how long it takes from someone to contact you. Owned by investors, they only have one thing in mind. How can we turn a profit to make us appear to be a successful company. I can assure you that as an agent, it will be unpleasant. There have been consistent changes in management with high turnover. My DSM worked like a dog and because we are unable to compete with other companies because we are twice the price, he was fired for not hitting sales goals that are twice as high as most districts in the company. I worked for the Best DSM I've ever seen who was there for us 24/7 and shielded us from all the bull. One day he was told to do one thing, and the next another. Then, he was held accountable to goals that even the VP of sales told him were too high.
Awful place to work with no chance for advancement
Agent (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 7, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: two person office no extra help ever
Management does not know anything about insurance. Management gets hired from the outside. Low paying salary and commission is also low. Requires you to do a lot of extra paperwork including daily emails at the end of day, outside marketing and they will write you up for petty things. DSM does not follow corporate rules he/she makes up own rules. Run away and don't look back. Find another place to work!
Fun Enviroment
Salvage Technician (Former Employee), Irving, TxMay 9, 2014
A typical day revolved around processing titles for vehicles with a total loss.

1 2 3 4 5

About Direct General Auto Insurance

Direct Insurance offers opportunities for challenge and growth and rewards employees with competitive pay & excellent benefits. – Read more