Direct General Auto Insurance

Direct General Auto Insurance Employer Reviews

Fun Enviroment
Salvage Technician (Former Employee), Irving, TxMay 9, 2014
A typical day revolved around processing titles for vehicles with a total loss.
Productive Place to work family friendly enivorment
CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 2, 2014
At Direct General I was a Client Service Representative providing superior customer service to customers as a Licensed insurance agent by providing auto insurance quotes asking questions to provide accurate coverage that met the customer's needs. I learned the importance of being a team player.
it is an awful place to work at
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), FloridaApril 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: prices too high, low salary to dual licensed agent, no consideration
poor salary for licensed agents, prices extremely high. Spend a lot in toy and the salary increase very poor
Over all decent company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Kannapolis, NCApril 17, 2014
They do not hold you a spot if you go out on FMLA, their commission is good for the policies that you write, vacation and benefits are good, management has a big turnover as well as corporate.
Agency Sales Manager (Former Employee), Arnold MoApril 15, 2014
Pros: upper management
Cons: pay structure
I sold Insurance for this company and managed their Arnold Mo location. Within 3 months my location went from the lowest numbers in our district to 3rd in the district.
Great Co-Workers
P.I.P. Claims Litigation Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 10, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: poor mgmt, long hours, poor benefits & salary and not enough incentitve
Great Co-Workers however management was not very employee active or career focused.
"They won't do right by you"
Sales Agent (Former Employee), TNApril 9, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrible management!!!!
This company has way too much turn over, should have been a red flag from the start. Customers would literally come in screaming because someone new was there "again" They have no value on the employee or customers, its all about numbers. I strongly advise against working for this company unless you have no problems being deceitful to others.
Productive and fun workplace
Insurance Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: raises
It was always great to help people on a daily basis. The managers that I worked under was always willing to help you learn something different. My coworkers was awesome. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help due to irresponsible/careless individuals. Everyday was an enjoyable day for me.
Not A Good Place to Work
Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaMarch 27, 2014
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They only promote people they like and the management team is really not good. This is the Florida office where the turn over volume is 40%. I would not recommend anyone working for this company.
na
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Panama City Beach, FLMarch 21, 2014
Pros: wonderful office manager
Cons: the hours and upper management could be more employee friendly.
The pros were: I loved the office environment and had a wonderful relationship with my office manager.

The cons were: There were a lot of hours required, including weekends. The upper management, which you never met, thought more of you as a number than a person. They didn't see the hard work or hours that you put into the company to advance it's growth, – more... but only the bottom line numbers. The pay was a commission based salary and
you were penalized for those customers that did not pay their premiums and their policies cancelled. – less
Don't Do It
Office Sales Manager (Former Employee), VAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything! inexperience managers from top to bottom, no true leadership and they hire managers with no insurance experience, i would not go back if you paid me. it is truly the good old boy company.
Nothing good except some of the people you work with. Management is the worst. From the top to the bottom. Will fire you with trump up charges and lies. Don't go for the pipe dream of this company. They treat their customers horrible and their employees even worde. Only reason it receives one star becaue I could not put zero
I would not want to work for this company ever again.
Insurance Agent/Manager (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAFebruary 6, 2014
Cons: pressure to sell ancillary products & do crazy marketing!
This company puts too much pressure on agents to sell ancillary products. They also require their agents to do way too much marketing and there is always a turn over in management.
Challenging
Customer Service Representative Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch breaks, meetings, classes
Cons: short breaks, gossip in a small office
Writing and selling car insurance to the people was challenging. With all the competition I had to do my best on selling and providing the best coverage for the customer, so they would not lose my sale. I have learned that without the most important coverage on the policy is no coverage at all. Keeping your customers safe and out of trouble was my thing. – more... The office staff was wonderful and very helpful. The most difficult part of the job was at the end of the day processing and calculating all the money and documents, filing and organizing everything before the end of the day. I would stay after hours without pay just organizing the office. There was always team work. – less
Not what I expected. Great people to work with
Insurance Agent/Office Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 17, 2014
No comment.......................................The DSM who hired me was gone by my first day. Not quite what he explained as a company. Management does not have insurance licenses, but manage licenced agents.
enjoyable work enviroment
Staff Appraiser (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2014
Company provides affordable benefits and 401k with a standard industry pay scale. A solid growing company.
Too many long term empolyees that were not meeting company standards and no manager onsite.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), shreveportDecember 20, 2013
Pros: nice hotels for overnight trips and weekends off.
Cons: being away from home every week tuesday through thursday
Every morning written communication to the district, store audit daily, two weekly conference calls with district. Finding full license agent at such low pay rate.
Insurance company run by ex cell phone executives. Upper management has no care for customer retention strategies only how much money they can get
Manager - Southwest Region (Former Employee), TexasDecember 12, 2013
Cons: worst insurance company experience
pure quantitative management with endless meetings that contribute zero to true production strategies. Zero morale and motivation from pure quantitative and thankless upper management
Direct General is a private equity company and needs to sell soon so all they care about is churning personnel and premiums.
lively workplace
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free lunch on friday
Cons: short break period
answered phones, quotes over phone, filing, data entry. busy work day on Monday - Friday
Think Twice
Employee (Former Employee), FLOctober 17, 2013
Cons: everything
Don't work here. You will be overworked and underpaid. If you do not meet 100% or better of goals, you will be fired no matter what the circumstances (but they will let you go for some other reason, they will never mention numbers). This company is all about numbers and the turn over is very high. In my office no agent ever stayed over a few months.

I – more... am trying to help someone to not make a mistake. This company does not care about you. They will sell you a false bill of goods when you interview. Be very careful. This is not spiteful, I left on my own and on good terms, this is honest and i want to save someone else from leaving a good job to work for Direct and then regretting it. – less
Very good company with great benefits
Sales & Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 13, 2013
The job postion was exactly what I thought it to be and the corporation offers very good benefits to their staff

1 2 3 4 5

About Direct General Auto Insurance

Direct Insurance offers opportunities for challenge and growth and rewards employees with competitive pay & excellent benefits. – Read more