Direct Supply Employee Reviews

Ok place to work.
Environmental Services Partner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 12, 2017
Coworkers were very easy to work with. Never got hired on so I do not know about benefits. Managment could have been better. Enjoyed the working environment. Enjoyed customers.
Typical work day
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 5, 2017
At Direct Supply you are required to hit 6 hours logged in on the phone, 2 hours of talk time, 30 calls a day. With that you are also required to make calls to customers that don't want to do business with Direct Supply when you start out; that will change when you get placed in a territory.
Great relaxed place to work
Corporate Analytics Intern (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2017
Direct Supply is a great place to work. The people there are very friendly and helpful, the pay is good, they allow pets, and my favorite motto of the company is "Work Hard, Play Hard."
Very Stressful job!!!
Class B Driver (Former Employee) –  Lodi, NJSeptember 20, 2017
They would like you to deliver sheet rock and tiles& cabinets to the third floor by yourself no helper ?? imagine doing that all day! then when you think your done for the day?? can you do pick up's?
Pros
None!!
Excellent Place to work
Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2017
Top notch culture with numerous career opportunities.

Salary and benefits are very strong.

Executive team could use some coaching on how to align and execute strategy.
Pros
On site gym and snack bars provide for improved work/life balance, Middle and Senior Management are compassionate and responsible.
Cons
Executive Leadership team is stuck in gridlock
Well known
Computer Information Systems Platform Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2017
Direct supply was a very unique company to work for. I would compare it best to a Silicon Valley operation. It was a lot of fun but there was a lot of changes in the management and the focus.
Pfi
Senior Local Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 19, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the staff at PFI and the Corp team was fantastic. They offered multiple learning opportunities, but again there was no room for advancement.
Great place to work hard and play hard
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 14, 2017
Bring your positive energy and make a difference in the lives of our nations seniors.

Great culture-- super positive-- high energy work place.

The employee owned aspect of this company provides a key component to creating one of the best workplaces I've ever enjoyed.
Fun workplace
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 31, 2017
We would have weekly office parties whenever we met our sales goals the previous week. Commission was fair. Pay was weekly...Just a shame that the owner sold the company. It was never the same after that.
Amazing
Strategy (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 11, 2017
Great culture. Lots of opportunity to move internally within the company. CEO focuses on blue ocean strategy to ensure they survive in the market. Highly recommended.
Great starter job for low level candidate
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 19, 2017
I don't recommend applying unless you are young, single and don't mind low pay. This is a good job for someone just out of college. It also might be a good fit if you have a special skill they are looking for. If you come in mid career, don't expect much. They will work you like a dog. The way they choose candidates for leadership roles is ridiculous and most of them are ineffective and have no clue what they are doing.
Pros
Free Soda & LaCroix
Cons
Too many to list
Software Engineering Burnout and Reorganization
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 8, 2017
Engineering at Direct Supply has recently has turned into a "feature-factory-motivated" endless workday that is driving the top talent to look at other opportunities. Leadership believes that no one will leave the company and has acted accordingly with how they treat their engineers.

It has not been uncommon to come into work early, be asked to stay late, and sign back online for a release when you get home. A 12-hour day has started to become the norm with no additional compensation or benefit to the engineers themselves.

Every one in a while leadership tries to show appreciation, but appreciation only goes far when they continue to push us to extremes. Direct management doesn't care or doesn't have the power to push back on unrealistic expectations set by upper management.

Upper management at one point this past year asked everyone to do an engagement survey (potentially since they knew morale was low) and then completely disregarded the results and increased the workload on their engineering teams under the guise of their yearly event.

Instead of changing their business practices, leadership doubled down and blamed the engineers for their performance and opted to just reorganize structure rather than look at their business practices. The latest change publicly took senior engineers and replaced them with business people in an effort to drive more work and increase quality. However, the quality and output that the engineering teams can create is continuing to fall and leadership refuses to admit they made a mistake.

There is little confidence from me
  more... or anyone I talk to in software engineering that anything will be done differently going forward.  less
Pros
Free pizza downtown, a bar, foosball table, shuffleboard, profit sharing.
Cons
Very long hours, no work-life balance, bad senior management forecasting, unhelpful middle management, demotivated engineering department
production, culture
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2017
Was a sale job with outbound call dealing with nursing homes, allowing me to work with anything from medical equipment to beds. Work place was great loved the people I worked with hardest part was closing the big jobs
Pros
employee owned
Cons
closing big jobs
Fun workplace, internship provided a lot of learning opportunities.
Platform/Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 27, 2017
Gained a lot of experience with Linux systems and development, gained more experience with C development. Very friendly culture. High expectations for interns.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Profit Sharing, 401K, free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
Below average compensation
Changes and Management
Software Engineer/Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 21, 2016
Except for the last few years, this company overall is a very nice work place. However recently changes in the company are not as good as it sounds like.
Decent place to work
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 10, 2016
Direct Supply is a decent company, the location isn't ideal and career advancement can be a struggle, and compensation is average.
Productive, Great Atmosphere
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2016
Such a great company to work for! There is a great group of people who manage and are partners. The company is always very great about keeping all partners in the loop on what is happening and what is about to happen within the company. I highly recommend working here!
Pros
Great culture, free drinks and snacks, profit sharing
Cons
Move up course to get where you want
Family atmosphere while working for a great cause
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 3, 2016
Direct Supply is a great company to work for. The people are amazing and they make you feel at home and very comfortable. Working to improve the Long Term Care Industry is a noble cause. Job security is very good, but job advancement is getting better.
Pros
Fun work environment, the people, family atmosphere
Cons
compensation and upward mobility
Dog Friendly Workplace
TELS Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2015
I was a contract employee there for 8 months. I felt that I was treated as a non-team member while I was there. It was nice that they worked with me on the hours I worked which were 7-330. They treat their permanent employees very well. Many free lunches and perks. You can bring your dog to work any time you like. The support , coaching and feedback that I needed was non-exsitant.
Pros
Lots of free lunches & employee perks
Cons
Not a place to learn & grow.
Account management
Capital Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2015
Great entry level sales position. You build a great network of colleagues, and the work environment is a lot of fun. The pay is low-to-mid market value, though great benefits. Good place to get experience then move on.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
pay, career path