Direct TV Employee Reviews

It was a great customer service experience for me
Junior Account's Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2015
This was one of the few places that I felt a little overwhelmed maybe because of the fast-paced environment. One thing I wasn't really fond of was working at the window.
it was ok
Service Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2015
had fun working with directv but it had its ups and down. the good side was the pay was good but the stress level was to much they required you to do more then you were capable off doing like if costumer had a issue that did not had to do with a dirrectv issue we had to try and fix it. we had to make directv look press teen.
n/a
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 16, 2015
when I first started working at this job yes it was kind of rough better no one wanted to sign up for our cable. It got easier when you know how to talk to different people and there attitude.
productuve company
Bilingual Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), san antonio txAugust 12, 2015
learned new methods and skills always opportunity to grow. team leads and managers were always available to help or answer any questions. had daily goals that needed to be met, incentives
working
Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2015
Direct TV is a good company to work with. On a typical work day I close out at least 4 jobs depending on how the weather and customers are.
DirecTv
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Having a team to manage
Cons: working weekends
Sales thats all this job was based around. I had a team of 5 employees constantly pushing to get people signed up for DirecTv. Management was good, if there were any issues they were usually dealt with very fair and fast, Co-workers were great sometimes you come across someone who doesn't have any idea how to sell and then you come across your natural born go getters.
Job did not have any room for growth
Direct TV General Sales Agent (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2015
Cons: no health care no benefits no advancements
job did not offer advancements to sales reps. Job title responsibilities included but were not limited to answering incoming calls and setting up direct tv prospects with direct tv.
Installation Tech
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, MSAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short breaks
I installed satellites at customers request, troubleshoot problems.
Drill pilot holes in walls, to run cables for services.
Good people to work with
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work getting on the phones from 8am-5pm. I learned from this job was how to handle someone who was scared of handling over personal information. Management was good people to work with, as well as my co-workers. The hardest part about this job was trying to calm a angry customer down over the phone. The most enjoyable part about this job was be able to connect with different types of people all around the states.
MSC was a contracting company for Direct TV
Manager/Technician (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: A dominant cable TV service provider at the time
Cons: Weak pay scale and no overtime pay
Being a contracting company for Direct TV, MSC satellite system installations didn't get the higher paying jobs. Typically, the jobs were trouble shooting the satellite system issues in customer's homes that could be a simple 5 minute job that at times could range up to a 3 hour reinstallation of an entire system with a simple service payout when the job was completed. The pay scale that was adopted at the time was not always fair in comparison to how much work would required to complete a job.
Very stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Discounted satellite
Cons: very poor management
I worked in the customer retention department, which was a very stressful department due to angry customers, the job would have been easier if the management team was part of the day to day interactions with the customers.
Very poor Management
Not for me (part-time)
Tech Support Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: I cant think of one
Cons: Not enough manager support
A typical day was taking inbound calls from customer having issue with their directv service. You have to troubleshoot with customer, many times they were frustrated and upset. yelling and cursing before you can even send out a tech and you had to follow a script it was just time consuming and time wasted. I would not recommend working for directv. I think I would have rather be a techican and hang on poles and on top of houses.
A fun gig and a learning experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Hammond, INJuly 14, 2015
It was a positive work space with positive people. I always felt motivated for work every day. I learned how to deal with complete strangers even more than i had before. Management was really there for us the whole time. My co-workers were warm people. The hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with rude customers but that wasnt a big issue once you get use to interacting with them. I enjoyed helping people save money on their cable bill and doing what the job consist of correctly.
job was fun gaining technical expirence in the field
Satellite Installer (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 14, 2015
a satellite technician was a challange you had to have good customer service skill as well as having knowledge of installation and not be a sloppy installer mounting dishes in high places as well as low to gain alione of site was very important the job required you to travel in and out of state
Very fast Pace environment and high energy
AeI (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Working with people and learning more
Cons: way your treated
You have to be able to work at a good pace and be able to deliver at a good pace and be able to work under pressure no matter what. Learn how to deal with all sorts of people and complains that customers have
Typical Work Day
Installer/Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2015
A typical day at work is going to the job at 6:30 in the morning 6 days a week. Morning meeting and then getting cable boxes for the day. Calling customers in the morning and getting to the first location by 8am. Installing a full cable TV system in a home.
Great product
Team Leader / Business Development (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2015
Pros: Quality of product
Cons: Customer Service, 3rd party retailers
Excellent product and promotional Sales tools to use to nuture a new relationship

Definitely avoid 3rd party retailers working door to dorr or big box.
wonderful place to work if you like working alone
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), richmond VaJune 18, 2015
the management stinks they only worry about numbers not you. the way you get paid is lousy compared to the amount of work and time put in to do a job.co workers and nice customers make you want to stay with the job.
Hardworking Out Door Customer service installation based pay
Satellite Technician (Current Employee), Piedmont, SCJune 5, 2015
Pros: COV discounts with Direct TV
Cons: Piece work pay rate.
I get up in the morning with a route on my hand held if i need equipment i got to the ware house earlier in the day around 6 or 7am to pick up an order i placed the day before then i go to several jobs through the day installing and repair Satellite TV and Life Shield Security Systems.
Productive, fun and busy environment
Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: controlling how much work i do for the day
Cons: no time for lunch sometimes, customers not home in time for schedule appointment
A typical day at work will start by printing out my orders for the day. Then everyone is on their own, going to several locations to complete their list of apt and or houses where I will install satellite dish.