Company located in Oklahoma is seeking an experienced attorney to fill the newly created General Counsel position. The General Counsel will be responsible for the following:
1) Plans and directs the companies legal affairs
2) Participate in all legal matters related to the company.
3) Providing legal expertise to all departments in the company as needed
4) Serve as the attorney on all business transactions, acquisitions, divestures and joint ventures
5) Work closely with the management team to devise strategic defenses or approve settlements
6) Responsible for SEC and other regulatory compliance
7) Advise management team on legal aspects of financing
Oil and Gas and SEC experience a MUST
Must hold a law degree and be in good standing with the bar
Must have ten years of combined experience working as a corporate attorney for a publicly held company and/or as a litigation attorney for a prominent law firm.
Must have experience/familiarity with securities, antitrust, and privacy law
Direct Hire $130-175K