Directbuy Employee Reviews

Very nice
Senior Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 15, 2017
This was a pleasant place to work. Very laid back and the call center was very small as well. Laid back environment and non stressful. Would recommend to anyone
My opinion
Home Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, IN 46410June 6, 2017
Ensuring all customers are met with great assistance help by adhering to their needs. Making sure I find a way of resolving order issues or discrepancies. I learned to be assertive, hard-working, punctual, professional and quick to respond with a positive outcome. Building a working environment that is "family-like" is a healthy workplace culture especially working full-time. The most difficult thing about working would be not having the ability to resolve an issue in a timely manner or not giving a customer an update. The most enjoyable part of my previous occupation is the compliments from peers & customer satisfied with my work ethic.
Pros
Computers, phones, co-workers
Cons
long breaks, dissatisfied customers, etc.
Nice job but not nice pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed working here. My supervisor was very nice and kind. Helped me and educated me very well, although it was alot of work and not enough pay. If they paid more, I would not have had to find another job. I would have had more incentive to stay.
Pros
Fun and not hard job.
Cons
Pay.
Ok
Client Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 28, 2017
Cold calling leads which was bad especially since I could not put them on a do not call list tell they specifically said no or not interested so me or others would be required to continually call them back until then.
DirectBuy is a cool place to work
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 5, 2017
Working as a marketing associate can be stressful because of the "sales" nature of the job; however, the employees are well-trained and given ample opportunity to be successful.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Has been in business for over 4 decades and still has old problems to work out
Member Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 14, 2017
40+ years should give you plenty of time to iron out old processes. The company was focused on so many new initiatives, they forgot the basics that built the company to begin with - it's members. While they have a strong customer service staff currently, it took 40 years to get there. Just a cumbersome, fairly archaic process for even allowing members to order products.
Pros
Set schedule, good benefits
Cons
Outdated systems, too much to handle
Fun Workplace if you are in the correct department
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 12, 2017
I was fortunate enough to work within a great department where my team leads were nice, fun, energetic, and around my age. However, there was no real potential to advance or be promoted within the company. I enjoyed the department that I worked in.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
No overtime available
Good organization
Sales and Presentation (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 5, 2017
A a franchise store, they are subject to management styles that can vary tremendously. Quality of products available to sell is much higher than average
Pros
Club Members joined to buy products
Cons
Sometimes very long days
Great place to work with friendly co-workers and allows company growth
Member Relations Escalation Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 3, 2017
A typical work day for me is reviewing voicemail of escalations that may come in overnight for my to do list of follow ups with vendors or Merchandise Specialist for concessions to be offered in means of resolutions. Processing Renewals and refunds, also process orders orders and applying payments.
Pros
Incentives for Touch Points
Cons
Lack of Cross Training in the event of downsizing
Fast paced
Concierg Shopping Agent / Member Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 6, 2017
Just started in October and already I have trained for 2 different titles/departments. You learn a lot about the company and yourself working here. It requires patience, personality, flexibility and a open mind. Majority of the people there are very friendly and willing to assist you in achieving the jobs expectations as well as your personal goals while employed there.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
nothing at the moment I only been there 4 months
It's not work when you love what you do
Product Specialist/Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 9, 2017
This job was a breath of fresh air and I loved going to work everyday. I love helping people pick out tile to go with their cabinets or fabrics on their new sofa. I answered emails regarding questions about manufacturers or certain products and learned something new everyday. I built my future on this company and the day they told me they were closing the doors was a very sad day for me. I can only be thankful for the skills it gave me since I was involved in every aspect of the company. I helped in the sales process for memberships, management, accounting, claims, and customer service.
Very Active Workplace
Concierge Shopping (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 6, 2016
DirectBuy is a very busy workplace. It is always something to do rather it's phone calls, emails, or research for a member. The work schedule is very hectic with little time to complete your daily tasks which cause a ton of overtime.
Pros
Caual Summer, Free lunch Fridays
Cons
Timed work schedule, caused a lot of overtime
Great workplace with many opportunities for advancment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 25, 2016
When I started at DirectBuy I was working in the call center/sales department basically cold calling prospects trying to get them to purchase a $5000 membership with our company. While I didn't quite believed in this concept and wasn't hitting my quotas I was up for the challenge did my best and my efforts were recognized by my supervisors who saw that my skills would be better fit in another department.
Greatest company I've ever work for
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TXNovember 15, 2016
Awesome place to work or be a member of the manager and owners truly care for clients and staff members of every department
Cons
Non
Excitement, and challenging
Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 7, 2016
I loved working for the company as it was a thrill to deliver presentations and be a TOP performer in the business. If it was still in business I am sure I would still be working there and making plenty of money. Once you figure out how to work smart and not hard and build an excellent team then all else follows. You are only as good as your team and my team was the best.
Pros
Very rewarding finacially, and mentally
Cons
Franchise and advertisement fees were grossly overcharged.
Great owners to work for!
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2016
I started working at DirectBuy in 2010 in the marketing department, and I soon moved into the sales department. When business was slow, I would go to work somewhere else temporarily, and they always called me back to work for them when business would pick up. Again it's like family!
Pros
Like a family at DB
Cons
Business slow
DirectBuy
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 16, 2016
I worked for a DirectBuy for many years. I made a lot of money there. It is a great service. I enjoyed my co-workers, I did not enjoy the particular franchisee I worked for.
Cons
The individual owners
Help
Director (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 27, 2016
Business is struggling. Difficult place to work. Lots of changes on the horizon. Very old boy environment. Not an inclusive work environment.
Pros
Always something new
Cons
Not stable
fun and chellenging
Franchisee, Call Center Mgr and Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 28, 2016
I loved working for DirectBuy. Unfortunately I moved to a place where there was no franchise. I learned so much in the field of sales and marketing.
Pros
Great commissions
Cons
Lack of work balance
Calling Solicitation
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TX 75182February 27, 2016
The surrounding was not good no lighting at the back of the building
some of co workers know be on drugs. This job is very decieving
Pros
There was nothing encouraging about this job at al
Cons
This job provided a bridge for me to acquire another position