DirectEd Educational Services Employee Reviews

Don’t work here unless you love being micro-managed.
Scheduling Coordinator/School Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 6, 2017
Upper management/leads are very clique-y and play favorites amongst employees. They require to know what you are doing every second of your day and love to bark orders all morning. Job is extremely demanding and mentally draining with very little rewards. You will be doing the work of about 2 employees during your 8 hour shift. It’s almost an all woman staff so it can get very catty.
Pros
Pto, health/dental/vision/life insurance, free lunch on fridays
Cons
Favoritism, Unrealistic expectations, unfriendly/unwelcoming staff.
What I like about Direct Ed.
Credentialed Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2017
I will be starting my second year with Direct Ed, and can not think of another company I would like to work for or with. I usually get a call from one of the supervisors and ask if I am interested in a job, they tell me where it is and for how long the job will be. I can say "yes," or "no." to the offer without any negative consequences. I have enjoyed working at every school I've gone to, whether it was for one day or a month or longer. The part of the job I don't like much is when the schools themselves don't tell the "sub" that they will not be needed the next day or week (when it's a long-term asignment.) I usually get a call from Direct Ed, BEFORE the school lets me know. I enjoy going to different schools whether it's for one day or longer.
Pros
Being able to accept or decline the job.
Cons
Wish we had insurance coverage.
Very professional and productive
LVN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2017
I enjoyed the diligence of the staff at making sure you're working especially if you are a sub or a fill in and their readiness to help when or if a situation occurs.
Pros
Work is almost always available for you being a sub
Excellent Company to work for
CPI/paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 4, 2017
Direct Ed is the perfect company to be employed with especially if you're looking for a job with flexibility. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking job opportunities.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Pay for your own benefits out of pocket
Good, solid company
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2017
I've worked for Direct Ed for 2.5 years, full time and part time during the school year (depending on my availability to sub). The staff is extremely friendly, helpful and very on-the-ball with what they do. Great people and great company to work for!
A wonderful place to work!
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2017
DirectEd is an incredible company with a supportive team and a lot of flexibility. The work/life balance is phenomenal and the team of professionals who work for DE are highly competent and take pride in their work, making life easier and more fun for everyone! The children served by DE staff receive the best services I have seen in any school system. During high pressure times or when something becomes overwhelming, there is always someone in the company willing to help! Working with DE has been a wonderful and positive experience for me and I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Flexibility, co-workers, compensation, Pto, insurance, positive atmosphere, support
Cons
Driving
Most fulfilling career!
Paraprofessional/Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 31, 2016
Working with DirectEd has been the most heart filling experience in my life yet to come. I get to keep an open schedule with DirectEd, which can accommodate my personal schedule, or maintain an assignment as a Paraprofessional long-term working side by side with Instructors to assist, guide, and teach students. I cant forget to mention how fun it is to work with all these students who are extremely intelligent and represent themselves in a self-starter fashion. In addition, DirectED acknowledges their employees greatly- if you know what I mean;) ! They will treat you as a massive importance to their core values.
Pros
Referrel bonuses, competetive pay and more.
Don't Work for or Hire This Company
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2016
This company has terrible customer service, is rude to their freelance teachers, lacks proper communication skills, is disorganized, and I would not recommend anyone to work with or for this company.
Pros
Cons
Rude, Disorganized, Lacks Clear Communication Skills, Unprofessional
Amazing Company to Work For!
Special Education Liaison (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 6, 2016
Working for DirectEd has been an amazing experience. The support offered to team members and providers is incredible. The Leadership team is knowledgeable, open to ideas, and they genuinely care about the employees. They encourage a "family first" environment that makes it easy to find the balance between work and family. It is a genuine pleasure to come to work every day because I feel that I am a valuable member of the team. I highly recommend DirectEd to anyone looking for support, mentoring in the Special Education field!
Pros
Lots of support, mentoring, Family Oriented
Ever growing company with many benefits!
Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 6, 2016
Working for this company feels like family. There is always someone there to answer questions, from timesheets, to compliance, to the hiring process, they are just a phone call away. They also celebrate birthdays, work anniversaries, and even a new baby! My co-workers are some of the best people, there's no drama, but there are plenty of funny stories.

The hardest part of this job is the timeline crunch but I always meet it. There's also never a shortage of projects to do.

With the company growing, there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow!
Pros
Great Benefits, 401k
Cons
Cold Office
Great experience.
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sherman OaksJune 29, 2013
I've had one of the best employment experiences of my life since I have worked for DirectEd. The relationships I have established at the school I was placed at will last a lifetime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DirectEd Educational Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2