DIRECTIONS FOR LIVING

DIRECTIONS FOR LIVING Employer Reviews

Work load is unreasonable and non appreciative of employees
Care Manager (Former Employee), Largo, FLDecember 1, 2014
Pros: the famiies
Cons: unrealistic work load
It appeared to be more about looking good on paper for grants than helping people. They expect you to complete an unrealistic work load and frown on any overtime. If you want to keep up you will be working on your own time. Loved the families and the work and the successes that took place. Most of the co-workers were great, upper management was another story. They run it as a punitive system, if you don't have enough production you get written up. You rarely hear about doing a good job.
Loved Co- Workers Management Needs Improvement
Former Employer (Former Employee), FloridaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: some co workers were great
Cons: non-human supervisors and bad mouthing of coworkers from others in the same organization
No two days where same and the job is fast paced and documentation heavy! I enjoyed the work I done when it came to assisting my families and working in unison with them and the families seeing their success. It was rewarding making even a small difference. Management became very robotic and employees received little to no appreciation but heavy in criticism. As an employee you always knew what you did wrong. It seemed as if management forgot that Case Managers are also human and have families and lives outside of the job. Sometimes the hours were long and there were times I felt like no one cared to ask how we were doing just get things done and the atmosphere became all about numbers and not quality of service.
Very needed organization, how ever needs a drastic restructioning!
Coordinator (Current Employee), St Petersburg FlOctober 4, 2014
Pros: a very much needed organization
Cons: organization needs a restructure
This is a organization that is very very needed in the community, because of the services it renders. The job is rewarding when you have done your best to get someone to the next level or help a client complete and be able to reach there goal. A typical day at work for me is all about my service to the client. I've learned, if I do my part and be available to help in any other facets of the organization, that's rewarding to me, and that's the most enjoyable part of the job.
fun workplace
homeless case manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 30, 2014
no two days were the same. co workers were awesome to work with. Hardest part of the job is seeing the children not be able to go home with parents. Fun part of job is knowing that the children are in safe place and getting all needs met at.
Great learning experiences
Sr. Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee), Largo, FLMay 28, 2014
In my time here I have sharpened my skills. I have learned to deal with moments of high stress and emergencies with poise, ease and grace.
co workers are great
Case Manager (Current Employee), Largo, FLMarch 20, 2014
usually a lot of overtime but not much time for a life outside of work
Stressful and reactive
Child Welfare Case Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Largo, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Highly stressful and reactive work environment. Middle management was encouraged to lead with ultimatums. Workload/ hours worked were excessive relative to salary. Good job security for competent employees. Competitive wages.
Poor management
Diversion Program - Starkey Lakes (Former Employee), Largo, FLNovember 10, 2013
They require too much for their counselors and case managers to handle. They hardly ever praise when one does a good job but are there to "put you down" you need improvement.
Great place for advancement
Behavioral Health Care Manager/Intern (Current Employee), Largo, FLJune 12, 2013
Great place for growing professionally. There are several positions available for you to understand the broad view of working with the mental health population.
Not productive
Homeless Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 26, 2013
Pros: my strength that i have the ablility to help others and relate with all type of people.
Cons: show no appreciations to the employees.
Enjoy working with this population and I have a compassion for this job and it's very rewarding by helping someone get their life back.