DISABILITY SERVICES OF THE SOUTHWEST Employee Reviews

It all deppends on the client
Medicl Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2017
The hours, and needs of the job are determined by the needs of the patient / client. It varies day to day as well. I don't know what else to say, this web page won't let me continue until I have typed more info on here.
Too much drama
Billing (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
Very high turn over rate, yet management does nothing to fix the issues. Billing supervisor is there but pretty much non-existent. Very toxic work environment. Unfortunately the lazy people push out those who actually work. If you schmooze up to the Supervisor, you are good to good. Just make sure you don’t question anything or make suggestions... then you are pretty much exiled ;-)
Pros
Great vacation/personal time
Cons
Toxic environment
Stressful place to work
Admin (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2017
Constantly doing payroll without having help because they won't hire more people. Managers don't care about your stress level, they just want the work done. Turn overs are ridiculous. Unless you're a manager, you really don't matter.
Pros
Easy job to get
Cons
Stressful everyday
Good company to work for
Home Health Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 28, 2017
Home health is pretty cut and dry. I had a pleasant experience working for DSSW. I faxed all my employment paperwork from Arlington (where my client resided) to DSSW' s office in San Antonio. I worked with my client for 2 years. And during that time I could contact DSSW if need be and had no issues.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No cons to mention
Not worth the pay
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2017
Very busy and disorganized. Has had many turn overs. Does not pay well for the work and time they ask from employees. Millage pay is very low. Not enough training.
Pros
Promotions are given
Cons
Bones is not promised and when given not very good.
dssw
floater (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 23, 2017
I had the pleasure of meeting allot of people with different types of disability which made the job interesting. It was nice being able to help patients with everyday needs of life.
Apply with them
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2017
D.S.S.W is one of the best places I've worked . Their very kind and respectful. I wish I never left . They all work together. I wish more company's was like them .
Pros
Like a 2nd Family
Cons
Cant think of any
Needs improvement
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2017
Program Director
Provide supervision to support staff. Managing the day-to-day activities of the
assigned program.
Completed required documentation accurately and timely, assures integration into
the client’s record within the agency defined timeframe.
Review and corrects any outstanding issues in reference to the Quality
Improvement Program in a timely manner. Maintain positive relationship and
communication with clients, client families, case managers, vendors, and other
concerned parties.
Complies with federal, state & company policies, procedures and regulations.
average place to work at.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 18, 2017
working with disabled people is great. The pay is average. The people at the main office are always doing something else. I wasnt paid on time on many occasions.
Good working conditions
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working on a part time basis for the company. I worked there for approximately seven years and was treated fairly on my assignment. The family I worked for was excellent.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Productive easy going place of employment
Professional Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 7, 2017
The company has a staff that is very understanding and is willing to work with their employees as much as possible to maintain a comfortable work environment.
Its a good company thats there to help elderly people or disabled people to have a clean house or to make sure they get the care they need
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 11, 2017
I've been with this company 1.5 years. It's a good place to work if you like helping people . The office staff and supervisors are nice people and want to help you and the clients out. They are willing to work with your schedule and the clients schedule.
Pros
They work with your schedule
Cons
You dont get many hours a week
Great small group of people that worked well together.
EVV Cordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 23, 2016
Payroll never ends. Each week is a new week for different company to pay out. Incoming calls and verified working hours for over 300 employees.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
No social life. No time to be at home with kids.
Easy goung job. Very humbling and self satisfactory
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78741September 26, 2016
I think the company itself could use improvement. The supervisors never answer the phone when needed in an emergency (or otherwise) for neither attendants or clients. They also change staff so regularly in the office that I never know who my supervisor is from one week to.the next. They also never answer the phone in the office ( they should have someone at the front desk at all times) so all calls go to corporate office in San Antonio, TX because they are routed there if no one is there to answer it, which is regularly.
In my opinion, most of the case managers really don't care about the client as opposed as to caring about themselves and covering their backs. They have also made it a habit to lie to regular assigned clients when they make a mistake and do not get coverage for tier 3 clients (high priority clients), so they'll send attendants to those high priority clients when needed and when that does happen, the clients are lied to as well as us attendants and it makes us look really unorganized, unreliable, dishonest, neglectful, & it compromises our integrity, & it makes me/us look and feel incompetent, etc.....
I have been given a pay increase in May 2016 & it still hasn't been applied to my pay yet. Everytime I ask, Im told there is a glitch, but the real truth is that I have a different supervisor every week ago the paperwork hasn't been filed yet (hence, the lies). That is one reason, another is that there is no room for growth with the company & they do not offer any benefits as promised. They label all their attendants as "part time" attendants
  more... so they do not have to provide us with proper benefits or incentives.

I LOVE...LOVE....LOVE what I do and wouldn't change it for the world. Ok well maybe ill.progress in an upward position. Im going to ACC for my assosiates RN, so it can only go up from here. I feel like this is my way to "give back " in a way..... But this company is ridiculous They can not keep their word to neither me nor the client and both DADS & APS has been called by both me and a few of the client's and/or their family members because of neglect..... I don't have security here and that's what I really want. Im due to receive my 3rd bonus (ive only seen one), on my acct it states ive received it, but in reality I haven't & when questioned, no one knows anything......
Pros
The clients
Cons
The office structure is very unreliable
Home Health Care Environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2016
Large Home Health Care Agency with more than 500 employees. Agency represents both public and private sectors - throughout the state of Texas.
Stressful
Human Resource Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2016
Working at DSSW was very stressful. At that job you are overworked and underpaid. The management was not good at all in my opinion.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 7, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with this company, the hours are good and they have really worked with my school schedule to allow me to complete my dream of being a graduate.
Productive, cohesive workplace.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 20, 2016
A great place that gives its employees a stepping stone into the healthcare field. It's a place with great people that are united as one with one goal, to help those who are in need.
Would not recommend
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2015
I worked for this company only three months before quitting. There was little or no training, high turn-over, lack of management support, and too large a caseload for anyone to handle.
Cons
No Training
Fun and Life changing
Physical Aide (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 19, 2015
In this job your basic responsibilities are to care for and maintain the life of a physically handicapped individual. You are their arms and legs. You are there to make sure their lives function to the best of normal as you can possibly make it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISABILITY SERVICES OF THE SOUTHWEST. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8