Discount Drug Mart, Inc. Employee Reviews

boring
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHJune 11, 2017
My overall experience with this company was not bad, I was 17 years old when I worked there so I was still in high school. They worked around my schedule and for that I am thankful.
Pros
quiet and peacful
Cons
the management changed alot
good job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHJune 2, 2017
The place itself is a nice place to work , its the manager at this store that ruins the place. He tends to us his job to punish you when he doesn't get his way.
Pros
great people
Cons
manager
Great Company
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 31, 2017
Great managers and co-workers that really do care about their job and the company. Looking forward to the annual Cedar Point Employee Picnic weekends coming up in June!!
Fun Work Environment with Little Opportunity
Photography Technician (Current Employee) –  Springboro, OHMay 26, 2017
A fun work environment with management that genuinely attempts to relate to and compromise with its workers, Drug Mart nevertheless offers very few opportunities to advance and has been known to give one cent raises to employees as a yearly raise. A typical day is heavy on customer service, product care, and (for trained workers) service provision (photography tech). While the family atmosphere of fellow coworkers is enjoyable, retail workers aren't exactly the highest tier in America's social hierarchy, so customer service can be a particularly hard part of the job when dealing with those few customers who actually believe that social scale.
Pros
Coworkers, Management
Cons
Customer Service, Lack of Opportunity
Extremely busy place. The work days go fast.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHMay 17, 2017
Loved working here. Constantly busy and fun. Management was so easy to like. The workplace was to save you the run around. When we worked there (my gang) our slogan was if you can't find it here at Discount Drug Mart you don't need it. They sold everything in that store and it's not that big. The hardest part of that job was going home and the most enjoyable part was looking forward to going in to work.
Pros
Break every two hours and 30 minute lunch
Cons
When we closed at night, we all had to walk out together
Drug Mart
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHMay 13, 2017
a great place to work if your not looking for a job where you will get alot of hours. Its a place for a college or high school student or someone who is just working for some spare change in their pocket. It is not a place to work if your trying to make a living.
Pros
Paid every week, paid for your b irthday and all major holidays.
Cons
open 365 daysa yr
Good starter job
Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 4, 2017
It's not a bad place to work , I don't know how the stores are, but I work in their warehouse it's defanatly a lot of labor. It's decent place. I wouldn't recommend making a career out of it. But a good place to get on your feet.
Pros
Good hours 630 or 7:00amto 3:00-3:30pm
Cons
Short breaks, low hourly rate, not much overtime, Low chance of advancement
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHMay 1, 2017
I like it here , the hours fit into my schedules perfectly and the costumers/ employees are wonderful. Management is helpful. It keeps you busy. They could increase the pay a bit.
Productive workplace
Cashier and Stock (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHApril 28, 2017
Discount Drug Mart has great work environment with flexible work hours. I thought that the management was very courteous with their employees and their schedules.
Horrible
Cashier, Photo tech (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 26, 2017
I would never advise anyone to work at Drug Mart. Management is horrible and treats you with such disrespect. The amount of stress and hard work into my job, the pay was horrible. I would never go back.
Pros
discount every monday
Cons
management
Fun but serious.
Qualified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHApril 22, 2017
For the most part, I enjoyed working as a pharm tech. I loved the hours I worked. Both pharmacists are awesome people. I was able to take off when I needed with no problems.
Pros
Discounts & gift card
Review
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 19, 2017
 Receive order for prescription followed by data entry and completing prescription order
 Customer service
 Clerical duties included stocking medications and supplies, faxing, copying, organizing and answering phone calls
longest job
Cashier, Photo Technician, Beauty (Former Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHApril 13, 2017
It was a good job when there was not a lot of high schoolers that didnt want to work and blamed their mistakes on you or another person and did not follow the rules. When you tried to teach the new employees some they didnt want to learn and you had to keep telling them and when you dont and tell me try to figure it out and tell me what you would do before doing anything, they go to management and say that your not helping them. Then you have to explain to management what is really going on.
Pros
kept busy
Cons
young employees that didnt want to do anything, management
A day in retail
Head of Photo (Current Employee) –  Chesterland, OHApril 12, 2017
Any job in retail will always have its ups and downs. In a typical day I am sometimes expected to do the job of 3 because of lack of employees willing to work. I have definetly enhanced my time management skills.
Cons
Available healthcare is way to expensive
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHApril 11, 2017
Discount Drug Mart is a great place to work part time. The management is respectful and helpful. The pay could be increased. Overall i enjoy working here
5 cent raises wow
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Store ohApril 6, 2017
Was an assistant manager for the company for a good period of time. The worst part is that you work 50 + hours but the pay is not so good as your on salary and they are very cheap. Not to mention payroll is so tight basically your expected to literally carry the store on your back. District managers are kind of know it alls and the company is just set up so the children of the founder make all the money with a set few of the people they like who become district managers who become entitled then everyone else just makes bare minimum. Don't believe me? Ask some employees there no incentive raises at all and I've had employees who got no yearly raises for years and others who got 5 cents a year while the highest you could get for the best employees 15 cents wow thanks for your hard work. Imagine trying to keep your best workers in that environment. It's great to get some expierience but wouldn't stick around long term unless you can get in with the owners and if you do stick around GET IN WITH THE OWNERS lol only way to make the real money.
Pros
Build up resume for next job
Cons
Owners and favoritism
Good job, poor pay
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 27, 2017
Not a terrible job. It's an easy job, but pay and benefits are lacking for the amount of work and time you are putting into the job. Could be better, but overall not terrible.
Drama and nepotism
Pharmacy Technician/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 19, 2017
Great job for immature high schoolers or college kids. Wages don't reflect skill or seniority. Favoritism rules. No sympathy for an employee that gets sick.
You Can This
Stock and Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Olmsted Falls, OHMarch 14, 2017
This is a job that anyone can do. You need to be able to lift stock items and get along with customers and other employees. It is good a good job for the retail experience.
Pros
Gaining retail experience
Cons
Low pay
Not enough pay
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 9, 2017
Didn't pay enough for the work performed. But got the training needed to move up in position. Sometimes breaks were not given on time due to short of help.
Pros
Fun to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Drug Mart, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9