Discount Drug Mart Employee Reviews in United States

Discount Drug Mart
Head Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHAugust 8, 2016
At the time, benefits were fairly low in cost. Raises came every 6 months or with new responsibilities. I learned a lot and branched out well from that knowledge.
wouldn't suggest
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHJuly 2, 2016
Pay was way below Market value.
NO chances for advancement, most people have worked here for 20+ years.
Would say just go to Walmart better pay and more hours.
Great temporary job
Stock and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, OHJune 30, 2016
Extremely slow days. Almost no benefits. Hardly any customer service as well. Great if you're in school still but definitely not a career outlook.
Pros
easy work
Cons
days are extremely slow(boring)
Nice place to work
Cashier/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHJune 27, 2016
I would come in and get my cash drawer, count my drawer down to make sure i had the correct amount. Then i would up inventory and rent videos to customers.
Great Co-workers, but not the best management
Photo Department Head (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHJune 11, 2016
Generally you'd go into work knowing what you had to do, and it was nice having that foreknowledge. As long as you have the right kind of personality, customers weren't difficult to deal with, and everyone was understanding if you got pulled away from your duties to help someone out.

It's not a super stressful environment, and a great first job for someone still in or just out of high school. They teach you useful skills, and are willing to give you opportunities to learn and advance yourself. The major drawback however is that they tend not to compensate for added responsibility. This tends to lead to a high turn over rate as the people doing most of the work are paid the same as new employees with no extra duties.

Management is hit or miss. Managers could care about the bottomline, and expect too much from employees without compensating them, or they could be very pro-employee, and take care of them to the best of their abilities, keeping in mind they have to appease their boss too. It all depends on the personality of whoever is in charge.
Pros
Low stress, plenty of variety in work
Cons
Low compensation, big disconnect between those in charge and employees
Fun work environment
Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHMay 31, 2016
Great people to work with and a relaxed work Schedule. Company offers full-time benefits. Great place to work for young adults.
Productive and knowledgeable work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 19, 2016
Great Company. Busy, fast-paced environment. Enjoyed working with my co-workers and especially my boss, great personalities and very intelligent. Learning and growing was apart of everyday life and working as a team towards different goals. I enjoyed most aspects of my job, would have liked to have learned more managerial skills and investigative skills. Best part of my job was interacting with employees, customers and gaining new knowledge everyday.
Pros
Working with my boss
Cons
pay
A friendly work experience
Shipping and Receiving, Stock and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed working here for my years in high school. Drug Mart taught me very valuable lessons about working in the retail environment.
Pros
Everyone was a helpful and friendly
Great learning opportunities, management was not great.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lorain County, OHMarch 26, 2016
It may have been the location in which I worked at but I did not enjoy working for Discount Drug Mart whatsoever. The pay was on the low end of what pharmacy technicians should make and there was no opportunity for advancement. It was a great learning experience from the standpoint of being a pharmacy technician but the management was constantly "turning a blind eye" to what was really going on. The turnover rate was exceptionally high but I also think that it was that location. The little pay was not worth the stress from the job.
Great Start Up Position
Head Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OH 44070March 22, 2016
This was my first job and I learned a lot about what it takes to be successful in my professional career. I showed loyalty to this company and they returned that to me through advancement.
Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHMarch 20, 2016
The management and co-workers were great! A great opportunity to work in retail and enjoy it! Discount Drug Mart offers work outings and 401k plan if you choose. You may also work in different departments if you like a change of pace.
Pros
A nice variety of job duties
Cons
Work holidays
Productive Workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Cleveland OhioMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work included assisting customers putting up stock. Management was helpful and considerate of employees personal life
coworkers were very nice and teamwork was coordinated.
reliable job with some really great people
cosmetic adviser (Former Employee) –  brunswick hills, ohMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed working there. Great for first job, very dependable and flexible with your schedule. It was not until I left that i realized, how well the company really treats you. They give you paid vacation time, and genuinely care about their employees. One con i could say was the long hours or working holidays, but the paycheck was nice!
Pros
scheduling flexibility
Cons
repetitive work
Productive and educational experience
Office Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHMarch 3, 2016
Worked evenings and weekends. Customer service desk. Balanced cash drawers, bank deposit, customer returns. Helped in other departments when necessary. Front end cashier, video and cosmetics, stocked shelves, set up new planograms, FIFO stock on shelves, straightened inventory. Covered stations when employees called off. Answered phones. The hardest part of the job was lifting and carrying stock. Management was easy to work with and were very helpful. During my employment with the company I had the pleasure of meeting friendly and great people.
Pros
Pleasant, friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks
Drug Mart
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 19, 2016
Being with this company has taught me so much. Management and corporate could be better but for a first time job it's awesome.
Environment and management
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44144February 9, 2016
Drug Mart was my first real job. I have held this job for over four years. It has been a pleasure to work for this company. They have always respected me and my schooling. The job over all is a very easy job. The hardest part was working with angry customers but over the years I learned how to solve their problems. I really enjoyed most of the customers that walked through the door. Even though this is a retail job, i learned a lot of skills that can be transferred to any social work job. I have worked with all ages, religions, mental statuses, and medical statuses.
Pros
Hours, management
Cons
No discount, people call off, low pay
Demeaning
Stock Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHOctober 21, 2015
I generally worked the front registers at the Stow location. I enjoyed the work itself, as well as interacting with customers, but I did not enjoy the overall job. Management was onerous and would write up employees for the most minor problems and failed to reward the hardest workers with even positive praise. The morale among employees was low and the turnover rate was very high. I would not recommend Discount Drug Mart for long term employment.
My Experience at drug mart.
cashier and customer service clerk (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHOctober 7, 2015
An ok occupation to get through school. There is a lot of variety in what I did each day from covering breaks, working in customer service, or working at the register. Store Manager could've been a little more professional at doing things, but key carriers and assistant managers are great. My co-workers were awesome individuals to work with, at times the most difficult part about this job were the unhappy customers, but I worked with them. I enjoyed that there was always something to do to make the time go by, as I like to stay busy.
Pros
gift card around christmas time after working there a year, co-workers make shift tolerable
Cons
hard to get full time, unflexible with schedules
Learning to stock shelves and build planograms
Head of Food Department (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHOctober 6, 2015
What I learned at Discount Drug Mart is how to stock shelves and how important it is to rotate product. When I worked there i went from being a cashier to a stock clerk to being head stocker in the food department. It was a very enjoyable experience.
Overall
Photo expert, Cosmetics cashier (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHOctober 4, 2015
It took forever to move to the position I wanted because they lost employees a lot. Management was very rude and not helpful with training. It seemed the new employees had to take over manager rolls.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Drug Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9