Discount Tire

Discount Tire Employer Reviews

employees were like family very close tight knit group of coworkers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: work hazards pitching fingers and extreme heat or cold weather depending
• Mounting and dismounting tires.
• Checking quality of tires.
• Safely helping vehicles in and out of the bays.
• Answering any tire related question a customer may have.
• Keeping store organized and clean so it is presentable to customer.
EXCELLENT COMPANY
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great
Very fast paced, I loved running all the time and the team work is phenomenal,.
Tire Shop
Service Technician (Current Employee), Keller, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: health care only for full time, u stay part time
I clean, air checks on cars, take off tires and change them and fix flats, rotate and balance. My co-workers are all in high school. there is no way to move up in this company.
Fast paced to the max
Service Coordinator & Technician (Former Employee), Bee Caves, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great outtings
Cons: short breaks or not enough
Made sure everything was ready to start the day. There were numerous things we would get but mostly i was on the all four tires or R&B. I learned to work very fast but stay safe while doing it. Mangagement was great always friendly. loved the guys i worked with. The hardest part of this job is no a/c in the summer so it got pretty hot. The most enjoyable part is seeing the smile on peoples faces and knowing they were driving on safe tires.
Alright job, With great team members.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, MNDecember 1, 2014
The job itself was not enjoyable. Overworked, and under payed. But the employees who worked there made the work okay. The workload enjoyment depends on the position you have. I did overall somewhat enjoy it, But if you're looking for an automotive job, there are many other places where it would be much more enjoyable.
very productive and enjoyable.
tire technician (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: no cons
Starting at 7 a clock and ready to work hard each and everyday. I learn a lot. in addition i learn to be on time and be productive and form a good workplace with my co-workers and do our best. There was no hard part because i liked what i did and i did it with joy and i was proud of my job. I enjoyed every part of the job.
Discount Tire is a Great company that cares for their people.
Apprentice Tech, Sales, Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2014
Pros: advancement, management, and ceo
Cons: the pay could be better for part timers.
Discount Tire Co. has been one of the best companies that I have worked for. My experience there has been truly remarkable. Every day was slightly different. I have learned a great deal of integrity and honesty through this company. I have learned that great work does not go without being unnoticed. Being the first one there and the last one to leave will do wonders, not only at Discount Tire Co. but in ANY job. I have learned this and so many other transferable lessons.
Hard work, but the management was great
Service Technician (Former Employee), Avon, IndianaNovember 17, 2014
Pros: always working, not bored.
Cons: hard work.
Typical day at work was arrive at 8 am, get the machines started, clean the warehouse. Then by 8:30 the doors open and the rest of the day was packed with cars, rotating tires, fixing flat tires, changing tire from wheels. The pay was great for a high school or college student. Raises are also given for hard work.
Busy work environement
Service Technician (Former Employee), Castle Rock, CONovember 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: harsh and laborious work environment
Fast-paced and high volume tire shop. Cohesion of tech team members seemed shaky. Friendly customer facing employees and experienced management.
its "the place to go to for tires." Hardworkers are made here.
Crew Cheif (Former Employee), Victoria, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: decent money for a first part time job, teaches life and work lessons, and its something you can move up in and eventually have a top position in that company.
Cons: a lot of hard work, a lot of heat exposure, and at winter time service slows down which means some poeple have to leave early cutting hours.
Discount tire was my first hardworking job, excluding family ranch work. This job helped me grow my work ethics and also helped me grow as a person. All the heat exposure through out the day drives you crazy at first but as time goes you grow to it or get use to it. It shows you can handle a lot of work in the heat and show that anybody can work hard if they apply themselves to. Discount tire is the perfect place for that type of training mind set, as it has friendly co-workers and a sense of work family all around.
Fun place to work and all my coworkers are nice.
Tire Technician (Current Employee), Brookly Park MnOctober 27, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: pay isnt the best
Great place to learn how to put on aftermarket rims and tires.

Can advance from tech to sales person and management.

Has benefits when you are full time
Fun, but with issues
Inventory specialist (Current Employee), Asheville, NCOctober 25, 2014
Pros: advancement, training, customers
Cons: management, scheduling
First off, I'll say that this job can be incredible with the right management. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement and on-the-job training that are hard to get elsewhere. Having said that, management can be an issue. My current manager doesn't seem to understand that techs and other managers can do jobs on their own. He hovers and is very critical of the most minor of details. Also scheduling can be an issue with schedules varying from 5hrs a week to upwards of 40hrs a week.
If you're hopoing to start in the automotive environment, you'll do yourself well to start with Discount.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Warren, MIOctober 22, 2014
Pros: flexible, compensation based on work ethic, advancement options.
Cons: physical labor, probably won't get a living wage, stressful "fast paced" environment.
Learn great skills for the automotive job field. Discount has a flexible schedule and positive management that treats you like a person. It does get hectic, but that's the nature of the beast. What I don't care for is the wear it's putting on my body, but I don't think that's from the job, but it certainly isn't helping.
GREAT JOB FOR SOMEONE WHOS IN COLLEGE
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Highland, INOctober 21, 2014
great job for someone is in college its fun and provides envirmental expreince
Great company to work for
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: medical, dental, 401k, bonuses, incentive trips
Cons: long hours
Great team atmosphere. Co-workers all strive to do help one another. Most store managers are willing to train to help get to next level.
Great company to work for
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: medical, dental, 401k, bonuses, incentive trips
Cons: long hours
fun place to work great comunication
Tire Sales - Tire Tech (Former Employee), Humble, TXOctober 19, 2014
managment was great co workers were verry helpful. great company
very interesting environment, meet a lot of new faces
tire inventory technician, air check technician (Current Employee), Durham, NCOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great and sometimes free food
Cons: lost of weekends
enjoyed meeting many new faces loved the new techniques and skills
Productive great people to work with.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, great people, and where given bonus
Cons: slow during winter
A typical day at work Is helping customers, changing tires using special equipment, and managing expenses. I have learned many things through discount i started off not knowing anything about tires. I can tell you all the pros and cons. I also learned sales skills talking to customers and using the computer. The coworkers where great every one was positive, stay motivated, worked as a team, and kept pushing to be the best. Hardest part of the job was being outside. But that didn't bother me.I enjoyed working as a team and being able to talk to others.
Diverse, great environment
Assist other teammates (Former Employee), Crestwood, ILSeptember 29, 2014
great management, great environment. Everyone was always happy, uptempo, very fast paced workplace replacing tires.

1 2 3 4 5