Discount Tire Employee Reviews

Use to be fun, now its just work.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 28, 2016
Long Hours but used to be a fun environment. Everything has changed lately and have been putting more on the plates of its management staff. Stress is getting higher and higher and employees have become unhappy therefore not so fun. Three years ago this was a job I wanted until I could retire. Now after getting passed over for promotions based on politics, I'm looking for new employment.
Benefits
Cons
50-60 hour work weeks for full time employees, with no OT pay.
Physical and high pace work environment
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2016
A typical work day is never the same. Customer demand dictates your role and productivity throughout your day. Multi-tasking is a MUST. With such a high level of expectation in vehicle turnover wait times, teamwork is a necessity within in store. From face to face sales interaction to physically providing tire technician assistance in installing tires. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was the opportunity to interact with so many co-workers who have become friends over the years to the interaction with your customers and just knowing you might have just made their day a little better.
Pros
Company trips and outings
Cons
Eventually tends to wear your body physically
Too busy
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 21, 2016
Hard work environment. Can have a lot of hours working here but will have short breaks and work more than you receive. Everyone is greedy and this company promotes it.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
No breaks. Short lunches. No overtime pay.
Great place to learn about tires
Tire Technician and customer service (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 20, 2016
Has a great can do attitude and hard working team. everybody looks after one another. learn so much about tires and how they perform and wear due to how people drive. every morning we have a meeting and sets goal for the day. the hardest part of that job is to get a car done in 7 min by changing all four tires and tpms. most enjoyable part is by the end of the day we all help clean and get to socialize to one another..
Pros
employee discounts on wheels and tires
Cons
lunch breaks and benafits
Tire Tech
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CO 80233September 19, 2016
A typical day at work is to be responsible for all tire servicing jobs. This includes mounting, dismounting, balancing, repairing and inspecting of all passenger and light truck tires. I've learned to how to change a tire. Management is friendly and reliable. My co-workers are very patient and helpful. The hardest part of my job is not getting full time hours. The most enjoyable part of my if the physical labor and satisfaction of giving great customer service to client.
Pros
Discounted purchases
Cons
Part time hours
Fun co-workers not good bosses
Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNSeptember 19, 2016
I worked there for 3 years and was not a fan how the bosses ran the company. Everything else was amazing great pay and amazing people you meet!!
Pros
long lunches
Cons
Bad Bosses
Fast pace and hard manual labor
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 19, 2016
Sell tires to every customer. Manage the back room to give direction and leadership to the employees, to assure they do the job right as asked. Make prices work according to each customer’s budget. Have a great happy attitude every day. Answer phones in a polite manner with a great attitude. Manage the entire back room as the leader. Give the employees in the back room direction as if where they need to be, which car to work on, figure out problems and find a solution, and be their leader.
Pros
Good resturants were near by
Cons
Everything and the management
Great place to learn about tires, tire fitment, and how to replace, balance, and repair any type of tire with speed.
Tire Techician (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCSeptember 17, 2016
Working for Discount is no easy task. But management knows that and treats their techs with respect and gives bonuses, all expense paid trips, really good discounts on tires, and regular raises with good flexible hours.
Pros
good genuine people, cheap tires, free trips, big bonuses, easy to acquire raises.
Cons
hard work, forced to work on any and majority of everything.
Easy going company
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2016
DCT Company was a family oriented company who was willing to work with any situation you had. They had people who would lend you rides if your car broke down or helped you fixed the problem.
Good starter for your career
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXSeptember 12, 2016
The pay is slightly above average but be prepared to work way more than you should. Great for singles. The company portrays a family environment but you will rarely see them working 50 plus j ours a week.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
too many hours for too little pay.
Good pay and fun people
Assisstant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2016
Discount Tire is a good company that pays its employees well but does expect you to work very hard and usually very long days in return. 12 Hour days are not uncommon and being understaffed is a daily occurrence. At the end of the day we sell and service tires so its really not that difficult but working in the bays all the time after being promoted to sales can be rough on the moral.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days, working shorthanded
Very productive and safe as well as fun work environment
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 9, 2016
Very productive work force. Great management and employees. Very good quality customer service. Good place to work as a young man. good benefits and pay.
Pros
fun family type environment
Cons
n/a
Fast Paced workflow
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day is fast paced and requires you to be on op of your responsibilities. I learned how to change tires and repair tires that had a puncture. The management was good. My co-workers were welcoming and taught me how to maintain a clean work space. The hardest part of my job would be memorizing the certain precautions when changing a tire. THe most enjoyable part was being able to repair a flat perfectly.
working so many hours in one day.
Service Tech, Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 6, 2016
This job was so hard.
Every co-worker is young and immature, disrespectful, and lack of helping others

I needed help with a lot of assignments in the work place but wasn't giving the help. i was yelled at and told just to do my job.

manager was a good listener and a great person but didn't do anything to confront some of the employees that eat my lunch and gave me a hard time.
Great company to work for
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 6, 2016
This company provides high entry level wages as well as good training to catch on fast. The days go by pretty quickly due to the fact that you are kept busy with always something to do. Management training is well done and prepares people to move up the ladder efficiently.
Pros
provides you with a job wel done feeling
Cons
Can be tiring
Good starting place to work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 31, 2016
Fast paced environment. Learned how to mount and balance tires, the differences between different types of tires. The hardest part was there was little to no time to rest, the most enjoyable part was my co workers. They were very fun to be around.
team work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2016
Discount Tire Co. is a greet place to learn several experienced tire technicians that are willing to help other young employees and the manager also has an open do policy that foster growth
Inventory Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 29, 2016
Very Stable company. Very good culture and both management and employees care for each other. Good Benefits. Fun place to work but very professional.
Lacking good morality/ senior and assnt senior managers VERY unprofessional
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 29, 2016
Was a great place to work at first...started out at the bottom as a tire tech and worked my way up to apprentice tech, and service coordinator....after that had no more advancement. Senior and senior Assnt managers absolutely unprofessionial/rude and ALWAYS were dissatisfied. Was always accused of things I had nothing to do with, and was used as a scape goat in many situations...Was very disappointed because I really thought I had a start of a carrer...but in my own opinion I would say don't waste time working there unless you just want job that you get underpaid for.
Pros
Great bonuses, fun company parties
Cons
Managers always finding things to yell at you for, never truly listen to opinions, horrible additudes from 90% of employees
Productive workplace requiring speed and accuracy
SERVICE COORDINATOR, CREW CHEIF (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work, good pay and hires with no experience. Good career opportunity. Hard honest work with room to grow. Learn how to deal with customers and employees while working as a team.