Discount Tire Employee Reviews

Loved working there
Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99208August 16, 2017
I was a shop hand for my first job. I did everything needed, except work on customer vehicles. I loaded and unloaded the trucks of new and used tires. Made sure that the shop was cleaned up and helped as needed in the shop.
tec
Tire Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 16, 2017
very fast paced must be able to work together as a team and get thing done the right way the first time. you can aslo move up in this company very fast
Great place for a college student
Service Team Coordinator & Sales (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 15, 2017
Stores are usually ran by great managers who have been technicians before. They make you learn a work ethic and apply care to making you better as an employee and person.
Great Company
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 15, 2017
This company is amazing. The management is great, and the job is secure. They truly care about their people and their customers, just a quality place to work!
Pros
Advancement!
Cons
poor work life balance.
Hard work with long term career options
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 15, 2017
Higher starting pay as a tire tech than most hourly jobs. Room for advancement if your willing to put in the time to become a manager (5-15years). Good option for someone without a college degree.
Good tire shop
Bay coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 15, 2017
This was a good tire shop that would do nice wheels and tires that most places wont. They will teach you how to properly do it. Everyone wad easy going and the shop was busy for the most part.
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for discount tire until I had a manager that thought he could treat people like dirt. If they would stick to the same managers at strokes instead of shuffling them around I feel like it would be easier to work for them and easier for customers to shop with them knowing which managers they will see when they go into the store.
Cold
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 14, 2017
It gets very cold during the winters because the bay doors stay open the whole time that the store is open. They give you no training and just expect you to know what to do
High school click vibe
Tire Tech (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 14, 2017
Only gave five stars so that this review is seen. Employees think they're better than you because they're really close to the manager, the other employees constantly demand you hurry up and do more so they can do less, and i was told to stop what i was doing almost everyday 6-7 times a day to help someone else and then got criticized for not getting enough done. Managers do nothing, other employees do nothing but hang out and talk or mess around. The pay they offer is a joke for what they expect and demand you to do. They act like it's the military if you're the new guy. Nobody wants to help you learn but EVERYONE wants you to pick up their slack.
Pros
Discount on tires
Cons
Everything else
Good Company Values
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 14, 2017
I have worked for Discount Tire for over 10 years. A typical day includes working the front counter and working in the back garage area. Performing the duties specific to my marketing manager title as well as general management of the store and employees. At night I am trusted to do the days banking and handle the money that the store has taken in that day. Discount Tire is a nice place to work if you enjoy spending the day with a group of great guys working on cars. The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is physically demanding, and really long hours. I enjoy the guys I work with and the owner is an amazing inspiration.
Pros
Occasional Bonuses
Cons
12 hour days
Its okay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 14, 2017
I've been working here for a couple of years now and at first it was fun and up beat but then I got promoted to assistant manager had to take a hourly pay cut to get benefits that I still have to pay for. Have been trying to move up in my field and I just don't really feel like this company is for me anymore.
Pros
Decent pay. Full time employees get paid time off
Cons
Not enough family time. Days are stressful.
Work Hard Play harder!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2017
Great environment to be in they teach what you need to do to become a well rounded individual and a well respected leader. Discount Tire hands down is a great company
Pros
take care of their employees
Cons
hard work
It teaches you what you need to know, ONLY
Technician (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOAugust 13, 2017
The management was poor, racist even but that's despite the other poor decisions they made on a day to day basis. Not controlling harassment and treating customers poor.
Pros
You get paid for working that is all.
Fast paced and stressful
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, TXAugust 10, 2017
Discount tire is a good place to work if you have the personality they want you to have. You cannot be yourself here; professionalism, courtesy, a smile and making customers happy is not enough. You are expected to act, sound, and interact with customers in an over the top annoying way. Regardless of numbers and how well customers like you; you need to change.

Very stressful as a full time employee. 10-12+ hr days depending on how busy it is. Structure is broken; a lot of responsibilities are done done daily and difficult to accomplish when your focus is customer experience and sales goals.

Do not expect anything more than a pat on the back for being a top achiever. Yes you have stable pay, hours, and a couple bonuses every year; but there is no motivation to excel other than the fact that it is your job to make money for the company.

I've seen many changes in this company in my 10 years here. There have been a lot of improvements. One thing that is still the same is that every store is managed differently and you will work for some two-faced people. There is nothing worse than having an understanding on something then come to find out your having a conversation with higher up about it. Don't tell someone they are doing a good job if they need help or you have an issue with them.

Best part of the job as with many other companies; is you will meet great people here whom you will look up to and make friends.
Pros
Set pay
Cons
No time for your family. Experience means nothing
hands on environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
Discount Tire gave me a chance to better. They were my first real job with benefits. Here I learned how to be a man. Most days I worked in the "bay" having to face whatever the weather conditions were for that day.
Great managers and co workers
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time working here my managers made it comfortable and made the job easy to understand. I can get some what frustrating with some employees.
Pros
You get to see nice cars
Cons
Only 1 break
Fun place to work right out of high school
Senior Tech (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 9, 2017
Hard work. You work on cars like fast food. 15 mins to do any repairs and by the time your finished with 1 car you second car is already in the bay next to you to be worked on. Hard work but learn to work as a team and the job will put you in the best shape of your life lol. Management was always fun and cool job to start at if you plan on working on cars for awhile. Kind of breaks you in on getting over the fear of working on other peoples stuff. Deff a young mans game in the beginning
Pros
Fun job, good for a younger man to begin at
Cons
Hard work, constently running all day long. low pay as a tech
not bad
Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 8, 2017
management was good, until our new manager came in, didn't get along with certain people, and gave others special treatment. good environment otherwise
Pros
discount
Discount Tire CO.
Assistant Manage (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 8, 2017
days at work are really fast past your always learning something new the culture is very healthy its fun and loving it's a family the hardest part of the job was working the winters in the cold & the best part about the job was the culture
Sweat Shop
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 7, 2017
Pay was not acceptable for the intense work they wanted you to preform. Constant demands and destructive criticism. Understaffed and very short timed lunched break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Tire. Our community is ready to answer.