Discover Books is looking for a Business Analyst - Sales Operations to analyze and monitor sales accounts for our rapidly expanding business. Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the Business Analyst is the owner of all sales reporting; pipeline and forecast reports, sales scoreboards, KPI reporting, monthly and quarterly reports and ad hoc reports as needed by management. You will work as part of the Sales Ops team to ensure that our accounts stay within key metrics and provide information to ensure that sales opportunities are maximized. The Business Analyst will be responsible for ongoing analysis of sales revenue and data, acting as a resource to the leadership team in all functions related to sales reporting. This position is located at our distribution center in Toledo, OH or Pleasanton, CA.
General Function & Key Objectives:
- Build and develop strong relationships and maintain regular contact with key partners.
- Monitor and build KPIs to monitor sales.
- Collect market intelligence and competitor activities.
- Weekly review of pricing algorithms and production costs.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budgets and forecasts.
- Reporting criteria; monthly profitability, future sales opportunities, lost opportunities, major technical outstanding issues, and other production roadblocks.
- Provide timely feedback to leadership regarding sales data anomalies and trends
- Management of the data entry, accuracy and integrity of information generated from sales opportunities and transactions
- Reconcile shared data between sales tools. Monitor process for keeping data in synch. Develop processes to systematically reconcile data through tools or automated methods
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
- Provide prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues
- Provide daily communication and feedback with the production and development teams
- Monitoring and re-acting to key metrics with our partners (Amazon, ABE, etc.) on a daily basis
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing sales accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business Administration or related discipline
- Quarterly travel is a mandatory requirement.
- Ability to track to and provide feedback on sales forecasts.
- High level of people management skills and customer relations.
- Proficient in sales and data analytics
- Good written and computer based skills, (quotations, reports, meeting minutes, summaries)
- This position requires excellent verbal communication and interaction skills.
- Applicants with technical knowledge with online selling, Amazon / eBay will be preferred.
- Applicants with SEO and marketing experience are preferred
- Expert level PC, and business software applications skills including MS Work, PowerPoint, Excel, CRM, and SharePoint
- SQL experience is a plus
- Ability to integrate and operate effectively in a team environment
Indeed - 6 months ago
We strive to divert books from landfills, help fund library sustainability and through our partners, provide meaningful solutions to the...