Discover Financial Services Employee Reviews

Discover Review
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2017
Great place to work while I was there. Fosters employee recognition, great health benefits and excellent guidance by management. Managers treated their employees with respect.
Pros
Value-added work
Cons
Low-pay
Based off of my personal experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 25, 2017
During my time at discover card (10 years ago), I can honestly say that it was a great place to work in. The environment was positive and relaxed. My only problem with the company at the time was my weekend schedule. I didn't have a car then, and relied heavily on public transportation. During my time there, public transportation ran every few hours, and didn't run at all on Sundays. This interfered with my job. My other problem was when my son fell I'll. Because of my situation with transportation, I used up my personal time, so when my son got sick, I had no more sick and personal time, leading up to me resigning. Other than that, awesome company.
Pros
Amazing company to work for. Great environment
Cons
N/A
Can't complain much
Billing Assistance Agent, Initiations (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 24, 2017
GREAT company! The people you work with are pretty cool. Benefits are great pay could be better. Once hired was under the assumption you would only work two weekends a month that is NOT the truth some times EVERY weekend. Work/Life balance is kind of hard to manage because everything is based on "business needs" so if you adjust your schedule or request an adjustment its very likely you won't be accommodated. 30 minute lunches and two 15 minute breaks. A lot of food days and activities as well as you are recognized for your hard work daily with dinners etc.
Pros
Benefits, People you work with, food days and activities
Cons
No work/life balance and short lunch break
A place where you become knowledgable in the credit card industry
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 23, 2017
The job is very informative yet stressful changes happen everyday which is normal yet your expected to literally consume your life to their needs. If you are not a person who enjoys talking on the phone and portraying a role through every call its not the best occupation.
Strong Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 23, 2017
I loved Discover Card. I was a balance transfer specialist on the outbound call team. The management was very organized and supportive, I was a top performer because I trained so well and that gave me confidence in my job performance. Positive feed back and recognition! I loved my job and helping card members save money.
Pros
Positive environment, great management
Cons
It was a far drive from my home
Fantastic Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 21, 2017
Discover has an amazing environment that is focused around bettering the employees at communication. Through 2 years, I have learned how to better communicate with people in a way they can understand and I have learned the value of enthusiasm. They (Discover and Employees of Discover) carry a pride for how they work and it is well deserved. As a company they are not focused on earning money from people as they are to help. This was my first job and it is a valuable one as it helped bring out the outgoing nature in me and helpes me become more confident in the ability I have to solve problems and come up with multiple ways around a situation.
Pros
Lots of food, Incentive, many different internal jobs, kind management, flexible hours, good entry level pay
Cons
Short breaks, lack of physical activity, high burnout
Decent work place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHApril 20, 2017
Over all it is a great call center. They are a friendly environment with open door management which I love. The calls deal with peoples finances so it can be a little stressful because people are protective over their finances and credit history.
Pros
job security, great benefits
Cons
can be stressfull
great company/ awful job
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 20, 2017
The company was a great company to work for,but the actual job itself was very stressful and hard to do on a daily basis mentally. Not enough team work for my personality type.
Good
Sr.SQL SERVER DBA (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2017
Good experience working with these client and thanks to the project manager for his support and i have learnt a lot from this client regarding the work , culture and many more
Love it!
Balance transfer nd Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
Discover was my first real job and I absolutely loved it. They have great benefits and a lovely team to work with. They keep the environment light and fun it makes you want to come to work everyday.
Pros
Potlucks, Celebrations, Benefits, Fun
Cons
The ACT team is very stressful
Worked as a Contractor, So doesn't have Much to say.
Test Manager (Managed Multiple Teams) (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILApril 17, 2017
Best Work Place with friendly work environment. Good Growth opportunities. Helping colleagues, open environment, good work culture. Happy to be back for another opportunity.
Not recommended
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2017
If you value a a fair work/life balance and fair treatment this is most definitely not the place to work. I would not recommend this place as a career choice for anyone.
Demanding and very overworked environment
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DE 19720April 16, 2017
Tasks are given out throughout the week and can be adjusted daily or by the hour. This environment is ever changing and is always on the fast track to success. Workplace culture is great for some areas and could be better for other areas.
Pros
Free food days
Cons
Highly stressful environment
Application Support
Tech App Support (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 16, 2017
This was one of my favorite places to work. I loved my job and the management staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Coworkers are some of the best people I've had the pleasure to be associated with. Everything was great until Discover home loans was bought by Guarateed Rate.
Pros
Culture, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Job mobility and security
Passive aggressive culture, great work-life balance
Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILApril 15, 2017
Credit card industry has a large moat, is highly consolidated, and has sophisticated players. Discover has an inclusive and consensus oriented culture, with a focus on people development.
Good company with great benefits
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILApril 14, 2017
Good company with great benefits. Some areas of company promote work/life balance. Others may not be so lenient.
Overall good company with good people
Cons
Work/life balance.
Great company
Fraud Prevention and Fraud Investigations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2017
Pay isnt too great but this company is wonderful. They are all about their employee and family. They have yearly picnis, special events and great incentives. If I didnt have to leave to make more money I swear I would still work there. Very easy to move up if your willing to work hard. Great employees as your peers. Love this place
Great environment
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2017
Discover was a great place to work, it provided all the needed training in a classroom environment. It was a great place to work, schedules were flexible and the people were very nice! It was great when customers called in and got the help they needed. Having team meetings to go over how the team felt, and being able to express concerns was a definite plus.
The was a great place to work because of the staff and environment
New Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2017
I love working at Discover because the work environment was very welcoming as well as all the employees were fun people that enjoyed working and helping each other.
Pros
Environment, cafeteria, customers, Overtime
Cons
Short breaks, no windows, no direct sunlight.
Horrible but okay
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2017
Im being forced to write this review and I feel pressured to make the 150 minimum character count so were almost there sorry this isnt myuch help and there we are bye!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discover Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.