Discover Financial Services

Discover Financial Services Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with great food.
Owned Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Incentives, Gym at work, Food is great.
Cons: None
At Discover it was my first real job in my adult life and I loved everything about it, For me I went threw all the collection stages and was great at everything I did. I learned how to connect with customer over the phone and learned tones of voices. Management was excellent there was not favorites and they were approachable. The hardest part of the job was the pressure of constantly meeting the daily and monthly go, which for me caused a lot of time at work and away from home. The most enjoyable part is seeing the hard work pay off in my check.
Fun work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2015
Great all around company to start a career in telecommunications, very much sales driven which made sales harder after the class action lawsuit
Discover is Great at creating fun Atmosphere, but put that $ Into Employees Pay Checks Instead.
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free Goodies.
Cons: They spend wayyyy 2much on stuff to entertain Employees, I'd rather see that $ put into Employee Pockets, because Dscvr Card Is Great.
Inbound Calls, I assisted Customer's with questions, off Statements.
Prior to that, I was also doing Inbound and Outbound Calls, but just in a different Department.
Very diverse and open culture company
Senior Associate - Acquisition Strategy (Current Employee), Riverwoods, ILAugust 18, 2015
It's very great to work with fun people
Diver culture provide all kinds of training resources to employee both professionally and personally.
Great atmosphere and fun work place environment
Account Manager/Sr. Collection Agent (Former Employee), West Valley City, UtahAugust 17, 2015
Call center type of environment; would take large amount of inbound/outbound calls everyday talking to people who seeked advice on how to pay their credit card debt.
Productive and fun work place
Account mannager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzAugust 12, 2015
Pros: daily stressfree activities
Cons: short lunches
Fun work enviroment with supportive management. Not all about numbers but how you grow and develop. One of the top companies to work for in Arizona.
Best place to gain customer experience
Account Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great personal development and company leader ship, people leader ship
Cons: Hours, Distance
I had amazing coaches who really took the time and effort to help me personally on my development. I was able to see a whole new side to the customer service industy that I know will really help me going forward in the future. I had a great experience there that will be essentail for future positions for anything that I plan to do in the customer service filed. I was able to hone in on my company, people and leadership skills that will only make me a better employee for any company.
A good place to gain experience
SENIOR MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Riverwoods, ILAugust 10, 2015
Love the people and the benefits, but it's in the Chicago suburbs so the commute is long if you live in the city. Depending on your management, there can be significant flexibility in your work arrangements.
Great management and Very hard working co-workers.
AML Investigator/SAR Analyst (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2015
Enjoyed working there. Hard work pays off. Its an big organization, has good national reputation, famous for their credit cards. I have learned a lot how to work professionally from my management and co-workers.
Nice workplace just too far
Account Manager (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits, people, and employment care
Cons: Short lunches and location
I do enjoy my employment with Discover so far. The people I get to work and interact with every day have certainly enhanced the experience. However the one conflict I would have admit would be the distance between my home and the discover Utah office. The drive is a half an hour to an hour depending on traffic. Being so young and still depending on my parents unfortunately I would be unable to make the drive every day.

With this job however the location is great! Also it does give me a chance to gain more experience and a great learning opportunity. With my discover employment I did gain a lot of customer service experience and also financial experience. I've met and created great relationships with some of the best people that have changed my life.
lots of suport to help you succeed
Service Plus Rep (Current Employee), Phoenix AZAugust 6, 2015
Pros: company wants you to be successful
Cons: call center- lots of sitting
Fast-paced, friendly, extremely supportive team members that sincerely want you to succeed. There are plenty of resources available to you, you can earn extra just by doing your job better. Your co-workers are not competing against you, you all work together for the team and the cardmembers. The hardest part of the job for me was sitting for long periods of time.
Linux system administrator (Former Employee), ILAugust 6, 2015
Great place to work. Very friendly environment to work. Highly recommended. Lot of automation work to perform and need to write some codes as well.
Discover
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), New Castle, DEAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Friendly and Inclusive
Cons: No Cons
Working for discover is a very good experience. The culture is inclusive and the promote a family atmosphere. They are very open to letting its employees know what changes are coming and are encouraging of feedback. I can actually say that this has been one of my favorite places to work
A fun and busy place to work.
Account Manager II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches on Saturdays.
Cons: Not enough time for those free lunches.
A typical day at work was to take continuous calls. It was not uncommon to take up to 150 calls per day. I learned a lot about going the extra mile for my customers. I treated each customer with the utmost respect.
I got a long with all my co workers. We all would try to help each other out when needed with questions we may have had trouble answering.
The hardest part of the job was at times was it was hard to take a break or lunch due to how busy it was.
My favorite part of the job was speaking to people from all over the world.
Account Manager I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2015
Pros: -
Cons: -
There was a pretty high call volume which is typical. The days were still made pretty great by my management and co-workers. Everybody has a pretty friendly attitude.
Great company with amazing benefits!
Account Manager (Former Employee), West Valley, UTAugust 3, 2015
A very difficult yet rewarding work environment. Management is very supportive. Pay and benefits are a nice bonus. There is a lot of room for improvement and growth.
Fun company to work for
Account Manager, Marketing Services (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Fun company
Cons: Had to move to move up
Wilson;s was a fun company to work for I was promoted raptly.
I ran my own store in Colorado for a year and did very well there. I moved back to Utah to be closer to family.
fun to work with, and fun games
Fraud/Claims (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Too much food :)
Cons: I would loved to see more potential in the departments
This company defiantly takes care of its own. They do have great benefits, and they do actually care about their costumers.
They care about you
Account Manager (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Great incentives and bonuses
Cons: Holiday and weekend work
I enjoyed everything, the people, the concepts and activities. I did not like that we are required to work holidays and weekends. I have a family at home and I want to be there when they are.
Great Place to Work
New Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Loved the benefits, SPOILER ALERT all employees are approved for credit no matter your history. Also had a gym built on site with secured access and they even gave the option to get a trainer.
Headquarters