Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 218 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through 155 worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as U.S. joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Hub and 3net, the first 24-hour 3D network. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services, including Revision3. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.
We are seeking candidates for a Marketing Manager position in our Silver Spring, MD office.
Silver Spring, MD
- Develops the marketing strategy, plans and events to create brand awareness and drive revenue.
- Performs research and analysis in order to define market segments and understand the competitive landscape.
- Establishes product, service and promotional priorities based on projected results considering overall short and long term returns against the assets and resources expended.
- Coordinates with other functional areas to ensure marketing priorities are consistent with corporate strategic and operational plans.
- Assesses market penetration and customer satisfaction.
- Creates and oversees production of promotional materials to support product and sales initiatives.
- Supports internal communications, marketing, training, motivational and incentive development efforts.
- Identifies and implements procedures and systems to ensure the company’s marketing activities are consistent and as efficient as possible while meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Excellent project management skills and brief writing experience preferred.
- Seasoned individual who is familiar with the management of projects
- Creative background preferred
- Takes initiative
- Marketing background
This is a full-time, temporary position in our Silver Spring, MD office. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to all applicants personally.
*You will not be a direct employee of Discovery Communications. All temporary positions are payrolled through a 3rd party vendor*
*Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice. Not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. Discovery values the unique point of view each employee brings to the workplace. We strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich audiences we wish to attract and serve*
Discovery Communications and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers