Discovery Communications

Discovery Communications Employer Reviews

very fun place to work
Lead Caterer & Cafe Clerk (Former Employee), washinton dcSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: great area to work in.
Cons: n/a
I was a key holder so I opened and close the store on a regular basis. I loved everybody I worked with there and loved my customers it was in a great area and I was part of a great management team. I learned how to do inventory there and do my bank deposits and I just really enjoyed it there.
Nice Environment/Great Co-workers
Contract Worker (Current Employee), Silver Spring MarylandSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great networking, breaks, no micro-managing, room to grow.
Cons: job security
My first job for a big company after grad school. Great opportunity to learn how a billion dollar media company functions. Sometimes workload can be demanding but it's part of the business. Free food some days and laughter even when things are stressful.
Creative Producer - Copywriter
On - Air Creative Producer LATAM (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: changes all the time
Influential and dynamic leader, with proven experience on the development of innovative and accomplished
strategies over Pan Regional market.
Personal strengths include the ability to quickly assimilate business problems, propose winning solutions, and
create, develop, and manage multi-disciplinary teams for successful execution. Assured and articulate
communicator – more... in both English and Spanish, with the versatility to effectively convey with diverse markets
and cultural environments, including Brazil. – less
Fun internship
Strategic Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 30, 2014
Pros: great events, company culture
Cons: ceiling
Fun internship, great company culture, great work life balance, but very scarce opportunity for advancement
Docto Tech
Programming Coordinator/Administrator (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 25, 2014
Great Company, nice people, great bosses and employees. Always something to do. You are able to use your creativity.
Productive and fun work place
Data Analyst - Summer Assignment (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, relaxed environment
Cons: in dc
A typical data would be moving data from one excel sheet to another
No room for advancement
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 28, 2014
Pros: drive time
Cons: no room for advancement
process accounts payable , great compensation and benefits , terrible management
Fun and interesting place to work
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 24, 2014
Its a unique environment. Creative and fun and also competitive. Each office location and department has its own culture with different offerings.
Discovery Internships
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2014
Discovery was a great place to learn many new and exciting things. They treat the interns with respect and there is always something fun going on in the office. It was a great experience.
Great company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDMarch 26, 2014
Discovery has a great work / life balance and good benefits.
Wonderful place to work
Project Coordinator/Video Editor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at this company. Lots of comeraderie, great working environment.
Youth Oriented Culture
Marketing Project Manager (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDFebruary 11, 2014
Its very much like a college campus with various events each week. But, the downside is the office politics. Because everyone is young and eager to grow, they don't mind stepping on toes (with a smile).
Fun place but limited growth
Manager - IT Internal Audit (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: on-site health center, cafeteria, childcare (not cheap though), people
Cons: limited promotions, hierarchical mentality
Discovery, the home of Honey Boo Boo, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch and so on, is an enormously fun place to work. You will learn a great deal about the reality TV market and watch as this company just grows!

The people are interesting, everyone is very personable and open to making even the most mundane idea a great one.

However, management direction – more... is not always consistent or clear. What may seem like a fairly straightforward task can turn into the biggest nightmare created. I would say more, but not here.

Everyone agrees the benefits are the biggest draw. On-site childcare, an on-site health center with free prescriptions refills, excellent training opportunities and frequent events to keep everyone connected all serve to make it hard to leave. – less
Discovering Discovery Communications
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDDecember 17, 2013
While in my current position at Discovery Communications, I am learning a lot about myself and the company.
Productive work enviroment
Traffic Operations Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 13, 2013
Pros: meet department deadlines
Cons: meet department deadlines
very challenging
if we work as a team we can meet department deadlines
The Management very professional
great team
the hardest part of work was meet the deadlines
get alone as a department
It's fun place to work
QA Lead (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDDecember 10, 2013
It's fun place to work, It's below average company to work.
so, i worked as a contractor
Fun, ethical, and interesting company.
Project Manager - Footage and Music Operations (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDDecember 4, 2013
This company often has department with an exciting, entrepreneurial spirit. I learned a lot. Great people to work with.
surrounded by people who know what they are doing, everyone is helpful
Solutions Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 15, 2013
Pros: fun people, didnt work too late
Cons: short breaks, no advancement, low pay
Working at Discovery was a good experience overall. Top TV networks, Oxygen, TLC, OWN, Discovery channel, Animal Planet, the pay was very low, and it is hard to move up in the business.
Large reputable company with very good benefits
Sales Assistant- Direct Response Ad Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2013
The New York office houses many different departments. One thing that is evident across the board is the pride employees have in the Discovery brand.
Fun Employer, Dedicated Employees
Programmer (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: amazing benefits, good work/life blanace.
Cons: professional growth limited in some offices.
As an employee in the Miami, FL office I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Discovery Communications. This organization has been a wonderful launch pad for my career and allowed for both tremendous personal and professional growth. I am fortunate enough to be under an amazing managment team that really nourishes professional growth. Discovery – more... employs a very intelligent and driven staff. – less

1 2 3

About Discovery Communications

Discovery Communications allows viewers to go on safari without ever having to leave their couch. It is the world's #1 non-fiction – Read more