Discovery Cove Orlando Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Love the animal friendly work environment
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2016
It's a fun place to work, I get to see animals everyday. I get to meet people from all places and make their experience at the park fun ! I would recommend this job to anyone:
Pros
Recognition and free tickets
Cons
Part time is only 28 hrs
Fun place to work at
Park Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2016
This is the easiest job you'll score in the theme park industry. As a park host we make sure the guests day goes just as planned from suiting them to flipping to same wet-suits at night until 11 pm (so keep that in mind for your availability for the first 90 days).
The job is chill and laid back but management, isn't what anyone would expect. The managers just go on power walks and criticize the actions of the employees. Management never praises any employee. The sea world money COIN is never given out here for any reason (kudos dont get you a thing here) & a guest compliment gets you a 4oz slurpee.
Not a lot of room for advancement in here and lots of favoritism, this is a temporary job more than anything
Pros
monthly company activities, discounts, tickets
Cons
hours, management, no appreciation
Productive fun inviorment
Lifeguard and park opporations (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2016
Everyday we make sure our guest are safe and have the best experience of there lives. I have learned so many different things working at Discovery Cove when it comes to all our animals, how things are run, and about our co-workers. We are one happy family and work at a huge team to keep our guest happy and most definitely safe.
Pretty cool place to work
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2015
I do enjoy working here only bad thing is the hours for part time employees is terrible so our paychecks are usually never that great.
A typical day at work
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2015
Sit outside all day under the sun, always staying wide awake looking for people struggling in the water ways. We have a rotation of 20min in each stand.

4.7