Discovery Employee Reviews

Discovery Co. Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 10, 2017
Discovery Co. was a brand new store. We opened it up and set everything up . Unboxed all the clothes and put it up for our grand opening . Management was all over the place, very unprofessional.
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Workers, management
Participant Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJune 4, 2017
Discovery Benefits is a good company, the people are awesome, but the people calling in with questions about their company sponsored plans are abusive.
Downhill
Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2017
When I joined Discovery things were great. But over time the culture has changed. Multiple buyouts, reduced transparency, and retrenchment internally have changed the game. It's a dinosaur.
Demanding yet fun
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2017
Good people to work with, fun learning environment. Great opportunities for students to learn and grow in an enriched environment that includes community outreach and environmental activities.
direct mental health patient care
Nurse Administrator Center (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Direct mental health patient care. Was able to advance my career to management position. Food prep was the most difficult and irrelevant to nursing care.
Modified Montessori Learning
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 12, 2016
Laid back, curriculum based, great management with struggles in scheduling and communicating. A lot of involvement with students and student relationships. It is an open environment to provide a safe and structured learning experience for children.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILSeptember 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at Discovery Co. I managed two sections almost daily, so there was always work to be done. I managed casual clothing and shoes, supplied customer service, processing merchandise, and keeping everything organized. The most difficult part of my job had to be juggling two departments. Some days were very hectic and it was troublesome at times. But the management was very helpful.
Pros
Productive work
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
management and co-workers was very friendly and helpful. it was easy to learn the material that was needed for the job. it was a pleasant environment.
Pros
patrons are very friendly
Cons
not many hour each week
I learned a lot from this job I loved it
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 26, 2016
I assisted General Council up to seven at a time.

Agenda's
Travel
My Management was great
Their is always something more important for one Attorney
good
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 23, 2016
working at discovery center was excellent. my day at work inclunded
teaching different topics, field trips, parents coming to see their child, lessons plans done weekly, writing daily notes to parents. my managment of the children was good. the co-workers are good worked as a team. the hardest part of the job was teaching the children rules, i enjoyed watching the children learn and teaching them.
Pros
was a good placeto work
Cons
no cons
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILApril 25, 2016
A regular day at work would be me coming in and start straightening out clothes. The management was well put together. My co workers were all kind to each other. The hardest part about my job was trying not to spend my check where I worked. The most enjoyable was being the first to see all the new clothes that come in.
Unique work environment
Data Entry Clerk/Analyst (Current Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 6, 2016
Overly casual work environment with unpredictable management. Abundance of overtime to compensate for less than average base pay. Must be quick to learn and adapt to secure a position. Outside commitments are discouraged.
Pros
overtime, dress code, freedom with breaks
Cons
unpredictable management, unprofessional environment, lack of consistency
Exceptional Employer
Business Analyst (senior) (Current Employee) –  JohannesburgDecember 31, 2015
Discovery truly liberates the best in their people and I am an example of it. You are surrounded by great people and this has inspired me immensely. Challenging yourself to go beyond is part of your daily routine and making use of new opportunities is a norm.
Pros
Great services are available at the office.
Company has disolved
Customer Service Representative Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 26, 2015
This company is no longer in business. It was a great company to work for. The staff agents were knowledgeable and very friendly.
CONTRACTS AND BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work with opportunities to learn new things. great people to work with rainbow backgrounds and expertise
Company Overall
IT services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 30, 2015
The company offers EOE and great for advancements. The employees are friendly and eager to help out. Management staff complies evaluation reports to help us advance to the next stage in the company.
Pros
Advancementrs
Cons
Service tickets
Nice place to work.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 5, 2015
It's a nice and fun place to work. Good environment, good management and nice Co-Workers. Picnics, Potlucks, entertainment is endless.
brightside
Help lead teacher prepare lesson plan (Former Employee) –  philadelphia paFebruary 17, 2015
management mean everything.it very important have very good days at work. I learn children mean a lot n u have to set plans to research they goals
A Non-profit organization assisting in helping families,individuals to discover their unique talents to improve their positions in life.
Volunteer- Community Organizer, Boardmember (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Working with the organization, residents and stakeholders to formulate, implement and evaluate processes and procedures that will improve the quality of life in the community. I have learned that working together as a community to resolve issues is better and more productive than doing it alone. The hardest part is getting people to unite and work together to improve their individual and collective lot in life. Yet the goal is to encourage individuals to unite around their common goals which will help them to obtain their individual goals faster while helping all in the community obtain their goals.
Pros
Creative, concerned, unobstructive, committed, family oriented, friendly management, boardmembers, and residents.
Loved This Job While I Was There
Stocks, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILNovember 14, 2014
Although I was only there for 3 months, I loved working at the Discovery in Oak Lawn. Here, everyone is great. Co-workers are nice and mangers are really helpful. I was not there long enough to advance, however at my third month my manager began talking to me about moving up in the company. That was when I had to let her know that I would be returning to school and would not be able to stay for much longer.
Pros
People are great, good hours, nice checks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.