Discovery Employee Reviews in United States

I learned a lot from this job I loved it
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 26, 2016
I assisted General Council up to seven at a time.

Agenda's
Travel
My Management was great
Their is always something more important for one Attorney
good
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 23, 2016
working at discovery center was excellent. my day at work inclunded
teaching different topics, field trips, parents coming to see their child, lessons plans done weekly, writing daily notes to parents. my managment of the children was good. the co-workers are good worked as a team. the hardest part of the job was teaching the children rules, i enjoyed watching the children learn and teaching them.
Pros
was a good placeto work
Cons
no cons
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILApril 25, 2016
A regular day at work would be me coming in and start straightening out clothes. The management was well put together. My co workers were all kind to each other. The hardest part about my job was trying not to spend my check where I worked. The most enjoyable was being the first to see all the new clothes that come in.
Unique work environment
Data Entry Clerk/Analyst (Current Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 6, 2016
Overly casual work environment with unpredictable management. Abundance of overtime to compensate for less than average base pay. Must be quick to learn and adapt to secure a position. Outside commitments are discouraged.
Pros
overtime, dress code, freedom with breaks
Cons
unpredictable management, unprofessional environment, lack of consistency
Exceptional Employer
Business Analyst (senior) (Current Employee) –  JohannesburgDecember 31, 2015
Discovery truly liberates the best in their people and I am an example of it. You are surrounded by great people and this has inspired me immensely. Challenging yourself to go beyond is part of your daily routine and making use of new opportunities is a norm.
Pros
Great services are available at the office.
Company has disolved
Customer Service Representative Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 26, 2015
This company is no longer in business. It was a great company to work for. The staff agents were knowledgeable and very friendly.
CONTRACTS AND BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work with opportunities to learn new things. great people to work with rainbow backgrounds and expertise
Company Overall
IT services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 30, 2015
The company offers EOE and great for advancements. The employees are friendly and eager to help out. Management staff complies evaluation reports to help us advance to the next stage in the company.
Pros
Advancementrs
Cons
Service tickets
Nice place to work.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 5, 2015
It's a nice and fun place to work. Good environment, good management and nice Co-Workers. Picnics, Potlucks, entertainment is endless.
brightside
Help lead teacher prepare lesson plan (Former Employee) –  philadelphia paFebruary 17, 2015
management mean everything.it very important have very good days at work. I learn children mean a lot n u have to set plans to research they goals
A Non-profit organization assisting in helping families,individuals to discover their unique talents to improve their positions in life.
Volunteer- Community Organizer, Boardmember (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Working with the organization, residents and stakeholders to formulate, implement and evaluate processes and procedures that will improve the quality of life in the community. I have learned that working together as a community to resolve issues is better and more productive than doing it alone. The hardest part is getting people to unite and work together to improve their individual and collective lot in life. Yet the goal is to encourage individuals to unite around their common goals which will help them to obtain their individual goals faster while helping all in the community obtain their goals.
Pros
creative, concerned, unobstructive, committed, family oriented, friendly management, boardmembers, and residents.
Loved This Job While I Was There
Stocks, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILNovember 14, 2014
Although I was only there for 3 months, I loved working at the Discovery in Oak Lawn. Here, everyone is great. Co-workers are nice and mangers are really helpful. I was not there long enough to advance, however at my third month my manager began talking to me about moving up in the company. That was when I had to let her know that I would be returning to school and would not be able to stay for much longer.
Pros
people are great, good hours, nice checks
Discovery Communications
Media Library Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 22, 2014
Working for Discovery Communications was interesting and fun. The company had plenty to offer and there was never a moment where I spent time wondering "what can I do now?". You would be working for a television company, there is always something new happening. I specifically worked in the Media Asset Library. I saw all of the new shows that came in, organized the media library, did a lot of data entry and managed requests for media that was already out on loan. There was always something happening and that made work days pass by in a breeze. The company offered several shift positions, day, afternoon and evening. So there was a lot of flexibility of where to be in this department. The media asset library also is a great place to learn about how discovery works, meet all of the producers that generate content and find other opportunities within the building. Also, Discovery has several locations across the world, so there was always opportunities to move up and away within the same corporation.
Pros
lots to do, room for advancement within company
Cons
data entry
Productive and fun place to work.
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Stanton, CAJuly 20, 2014
A very fun and loving environment to work at. You teach developmentally disabled clients while also learning new things along the road. You teach them everyday responsibilities while also learning the responsibilities to take care of another being of your own. Co-workers are very friendly and family-oriented. You will learn more new skills in this job as how much you teach.
Fun and Lively Environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 20, 2014
Learned to manage different people, and help them find the product of their choice.
Productive and putting out fits together
Head Cashier (Multi-Task) (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INNovember 6, 2013
I love making the store look above and beyond. I loved customer service and also trying to make peoples visit a good one. We all worked as a team and had an easy time doing so. I didn't like when we got out late but overall I loved my job.
working environment
Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Times Square, NYSeptember 13, 2013
i am working 5 days a week, morning shift about 5 hours a day. I am learning about guest relations such as giving information about galleries rules to the patron or visitors. I am having a great time working with my co workers. But the hardest part of this job is to be in the room which is dark and cold for many hours and the payment is very low, it is hard to live with this amount of salary.
Cons
no benefit, just 15 minutes for break time
Life Changing
Operational Director (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 25, 2013
Only place that hired for character vs skill and built a life style into the workplace.
Typical day at work
Cashier/Salesman/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 14, 2013
My job consisted of helping customers find what they need and make them feel comfortable about the clothes they need were buying, dressing bust forms, organizing and cleaning the store after closing.I learned how to be more confident in my speech and that customers genuinely enjoyed my services. No part of the job was really too hard, if you put effort into what you're doing. Talking to customers and seeing what they were looking for and building a bond with my returning customers is what I loved the most about my job.
Pros
we worked as a team, managers treated us to lunch every now and then, in return the employees did the same.
Cons
short breaks
Got to travel within the city to different sites to copy medical records.
Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2012
A typical day in this position was to travel within the city to different locations to copy medical records for various clinics.