DISH Network LLC Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to work... for the right people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAOctober 1, 2015
During the six months that I worked as a Customer Service Representative at Dish Network, I found that this job can only suit a very specific type of person. The call center that I worked at was known for a very high turnover rate, and had little to no advancements available during the time that I worked there. The workplace itself was incredibly competitive, and coupled with the stresses of customer service, the environment could lean towards the hectic. Many times I had been featured as one of the top ranking representatives in sales, but as I began to lose my focus of keeping with the company's demanding standards in their regulating of calls, I had to end my employment.
Pros
Sustaining lunch breaks, ping pong, great people to work with
Cons
Stressful, long hours, Extra Time demanded according to call volume
Very Hard Work
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2015
Installation of cable systems, residential homes and apartment complexes. Daily use of hand tools, and major power tools. Penetration of brick, wood, vinyl, and concrete. Daily routing of distances of up to 30 miles.
Pros
Learning by working
Great People, Poor Management
Business Operations Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Englewood COAugust 24, 2015
The hardest part of working at this company is dealing with management who will not take on advice of the teams that they lead.

People at the same level as you are friendly, and very easy to work with.

Lacking management who is willing to fully develop their employees.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Interesting Projects, Challenging work
Cons
Poor management, unclear expectations, lack of support
The Company has an excellent product with their technology, it is second to none. However the work environment can be very stressful.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CaAugust 19, 2015
Dish Network has a great product. I had a great relationship with most of the management. My personal relationships with my Managers was great. Upper management I felt cared more about the bottom line than its own employee's.

Every morning we would come in and load our vans, while checking our que for our jobs for the day. I would call my morning appointments and give them an estimated time of arrival,

Once at the appointment I would perform a site survey and explain what would be the least intrusive and effective way to get the job in the ground.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
horrible benefits
I would avoid working for Dish Network in the future
Technical Support Representative III (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAAugust 6, 2015
Terrible culture of fear, instead of leading by example, upper management led by instilling fear. Great place to work for beyond that. Stressful job working in customer service, but exciting field with room for advancements.
Overall an interesting place to work
International Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJAugust 4, 2015
Overall an interesting place to work. Work hard, achieve your goals and the company will be fun. Don't and you will be miserable
Fast-paced, not a lot of overtime
Senior Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 26, 2015
The group I worked in provided a lot of opportunity to work on a variety of projects and to gain hands-on, on-the-job training. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of work.

The salary was competitive for the type of work and responsibilities. However, benefits were lacking: health care plan not very good, time off very limited, no opportunity for formal education/classes.

The company provided a lot of "fun" activities. With the right manager and team, these could be very enjoyable.
Pros
normal working hours, not a lot of overtime, variety of work assignments, fun activities for employees
Cons
health care and other benefits not very good
Good place for entry level jobs. Career advancement is difficult.
Sr. Digital Marketing Lead (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 5, 2014
Career advancement is difficult. Because of the strict work hours, this may not be an ideal place to work for those with little kids.
Pros
opportunity to learn, see the big picture
Cons
poor work life balance, long hours. strict hours, mediocre benefits
dont plan about feeling good about yourself
fss (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 12, 2014
listen to people complain about bill/signal loss/tech support and you can't leave until you fix someone else's mess. find dead animals. bed bugs, raw sewage in homes: contact manager and they'll usually ask if you can just work thru it. made alot of money here but only because of forced overtime. actually looking for a new job now. my suggestion- don't apply
Pros
work by yourself
Cons
management, customers, weather
Great Company but management needs help
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 4, 2014
a typical day at work: Have an awesome team meeting, work with employees, speak with customers and then go home.
what you learned: A lot about home television, customer service
management: Needs work Supervisors were great however from the call center director to the managers they are all needing improvement and only see or hear what they want to hear.
The hardest part of the job: Having unclear instructions from Managers and being treated like trash by them.
The most enjoyable part of the job: The employees made the best of the culture around by staying motivated and positive.
Pros
awesome employees
Cons
bad managers
A Learning Experience
Advanced Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Dish has great pay compared to like positions. Dish, like other companies, is what you make it.
All tools needed to accomplish mission
Installer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 10, 2014
A stressful atmosphere due to trying to meet set goals. They required too much out of you, very unrealistic at times
Pros
free service
Cons
job always on the line
Productive and fun workplace
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 30, 2014
productive and fun workplace. Different pace of work, and a different way of meeting new people
Pros
free cable, good benefits
Cons
it was good environment to work in
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAApril 28, 2014
this job was a fast past job and I like that beacause I like to keep myself busy with work .
Great job almostphere
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of prussiaMarch 27, 2014
A typical day at work Consisted of being at work by 7:00 am. And completing a cable route. I've learned how to work on Satellite Dishes .Management was great And help out a lot. My co workers all kept to themselves. The hardest part of my day was selling products for high prices that the customer could get for cheaper somewhere else. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
Pros
the job had stability
Cons
was hitting all the goals to move up in the company
Tight Space
Installer/ Technician (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJDecember 18, 2013
Handled many calls re adjusting food orders for Shoprite stores
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short breaks
Did alot of different projects to fit in
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  hillard, ohioDecember 9, 2013
Love the cable service and the co-workers.We had the best goals and staff any person could ever ask for
Business to Business sales. Dish network services, working in an outdoor atmosphere in a set territory
Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami floirda, 107 ave north west 36 streetJuly 5, 2013
During my time with Dish network (Echo star) I was given an opportunity to work in a outdoor environment in a set territory in Miami. They provided me with a company laptop and cell phone,
As an account executive my job was to promote and effectively execute presentations to different companies on the benefits of having dish network services and satellite programing in their offices. Although I did not have to clock in anywhere in a set time like a a 9-5 office job , I still had the responsibility of making sure I was up and working at 9 am. Given that kind of freedom of being on your own, really takes a lot of focus and determination to get the job done, If you had this job and you were not producing, that would come with immediate attention of your supervisors and may result of you loosing your job.

A day as an employee at Dish network required the following:
Visit office buildings and strip malls in a territory. I had to build a work type pipeline of jobs and network with them though visits ,(door to door ), if there was not a decision maker presently available then I would get their information though the secretary or employee through a business card and put the information at the end of the work day to the company laptop to an excel spreadsheet through a oracle software program that Dish network provided for me. I would set a time to follow that first visit with a phone call to speak with decision maker and explain who I was, and the reason of the call. I would then schedule an appointment with the decision maker of the company and follow through with a presentation of
  more... dish network services and the benefits of having satellite programing in their office. I would close the sale and make an appointment for the installer's to come and install the dish and cable box at the new clients request.

Most strip malls had around from 5 -10 different offices and business in them along with a landlord for that strip mall. From dentist offices and doctors offices, to sports, retail , games stores. From nail and hair salons to barber shops , I had to break the ice and interrupt their work and world , and introduce myself . Knowing that interrupting their daily routine was part of my job , I had to do it in a very friendly manner with a non aggressive approach.

Each of these places had a whole different work environment and atmosphere depending on the type of place it was. For example. When walking into a dentist office it was relatively quiet and there was maybe one small tv playing the same 20 min dentistry dvd over and over while patients are waiting in the lobby bored out of their minds, while waiting to get work done on their teeth. Other times I would walk into what it felt like a female stock market of a hair salon. very loud and energetic. So I had to adapt to the situation and play it by ear.

Overall it was a very engaging job, however it is a very aggressive job and the management was not that understanding to how sever the conditions were at times and certain challenges that we had no control over had a factor. I had a supervisor who had very no sales experience , so he did not really understand what our situations were. He was a great person but lacked the leadership qualities I was used to.
Pros
outgoing job . working out in a territory. independent work and very rewarding at times.
Cons
i have gotten rerally sick due to wheather conditions, flood zones in my territoy hurt my productivity.traffic in miami is very bruatal, poor training, and management, no chance for growth
Wonderful office and people, fast paced and ever changing.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisMay 20, 2013
Wonderful office and people, fast paced and ever changing.
Pros
great people and job
Cons
remote location
Fun Workplace with a good product to sell.
Retail Analyst (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 23, 2013
-A typical day at work involves a great deal of socialization. You are encouraged to make your callers feel more comfortable with the questions and concerns they had, and more at ease with their responsibilities with the company.
-I learned a great deal about and customer service and business rules.
-Management was very well organized and efficient.
-Co-Workers were wonderful peers and great help. Many became close friends.
-The hardest part of my job was learning to take an angry caller in stride.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was being appreciated for the help I provided.

2.9