DISH

1.5K reviews

DISH Employee Reviews

No sense of an employee's worth, no regard for accountability or responsibility
Business Operations Specialist I (Current Employee), Alvin, TXAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Relaxed environment, plenty of training
Cons: Undervalued employees, Two-faced management at a local level
With no consistent wages across the company - wages and salaries are based on cost-of-living analysis in the area where a call center is established - Dish Network maintains its commitment to keep its customer costs low by diminishing the value of those who work for the company. The hours, even for those who have worked their way up the chain of command, are ridiculous for anyone hoping to achieve any sort of normalcy with a family. One might think Dish would compensate employees who must face the vagaries of an ever-changing schedule with better pay, but such is not the case. My call center started at $10/hour, while others around the country range anywhere between $8.50/hour and $15/hour.

Most of my co-workers were decent enough people, although plenty of people at my location engaged in petty back-biting and gossip to help cover the indiscretions of many members of the management. Managers, both male and female, either engaged in inappropriate relationships with those below them and worked together to hide those relationships from prying eyes rather than reporting them to HR. That said, HR was often in on the lies as well because friendships and romantic entanglements apparently mattered more than doing what is right.

That said, it was not an entirely unpleasant place to work. The atmosphere was generally upbeat and relaxed, as befits a customer-service environment. If you put it hard work and came to work on time, you could usually advance pretty quickly. Training was an important part of the job, keeping agents and other personnel up to date on the latest developments in company products, services, and developments.
Big call center with Ping Pong
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Really cool Manager
Cons: Mandatory overtime
-Came into work logged in and started taking phone calls
-Building rapport with customers
-Findind out wants and needs by asking the right questions
-Pretty easy to get good at just needed to know the product which was 4 television packages.
-As well as potential upsell with there internet and home phone which could make you more and the company more.
Fun place to work with support staff that cares.
Advanced Technical Support (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Video games everywhere, Tons of opportunities for advancement, great management, free tv service
Cons: Customers can be tough to deal with sometimes, not always the greatest schedules
I have worked at dish for about 7 months and since starting have received 2 promotions, first to certified tech support, and then to advanced technical support/broadband support. The support staff here at dish makes a point to make you succeed in the company. Lots of chances for advancement in the company and a really fun atmosphere in the building. Multiple x-box ones, super nintendo, nintendo, foos ball, and televisions everywhere you can see are just a few of the great things around the site to help set the mood. Lot's of great benefits including 401k, employee stock purchase program, free television service, and profit sharing. The job itself can be tough occasionally dealing with angry customers can be tough at times but dish provides proper tools and training to work through those situations. I will be remaining at dish for a long time planning on making my way up in the company.
overall great company
Dispatcher II (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I would still be working for this company if it didnt relocate to another city.My co workers were pleasant and dependable.
fast paced sales culture
Satellite Installer/Technician (Former Employee), Hayward, CAAugust 27, 2015
fun job. work outside everyday. decent pay. easy to learn. paid training.ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppp pppppppppp
Just dont
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Pembroke, NCAugust 27, 2015
No job security, heavy emphasis on sales yet no sales training. Almost impossible to advance and earn a raise. Frustrating lack of safety training.
Work life
customer service (Former Employee), harlingen, texasAugust 27, 2015
The job is good and has a well lit atmosphere and working is very pleasant. what I learned was an improvement on my computer skill as well as learning to multi task in a fast paced environment. my co-workers where fun to be around. but by far the best part of the job was being there.
Fast Paced and Challenging
Inside Sales Lead (Current Employee), Thornton, COAugust 27, 2015
Competitive environment with a high demand for results.

Advancement within Direct Sales is minimal and hard to come by.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Bluewell, WVAugust 26, 2015
Fun work place w/supportive management. Decent pay esp. for this area. I really don't want to do a review but apparently its required to set up this account.
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2015
great place to work for the benefits are amazing as well as the people The company itself also was good to work for. I'm a positive person and i believe the job is what you make of it. I hope others feel the same great environment and people
Challenging Inbound Call Center
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Thornton, COAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Quick raises, variety of call types
Cons: the occasional irate customers, company culture that treated employees poorly
DISH Network call center included a variety of possible calls, each with their own unique challenges. While at DISH, I fielded calls for Billing, Retention, Technical, and General Customer Service. DISH would have contract disputes with various program providers from time to time and we would commonly field calls from very unsatisfied customers. Technical calls would involve trouble-shooting equipment and finding out why services were not operating as they should. Retention calls involved working with customers who want to disconnect their services and trying to keep them from leaving DISH.
Was always busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free DISH network
Cons: Breaks were hard to get
My days went fast, I spoke to a lot of people on the phone. Most called in for a problem and I did my best to solve it. Some that called were angry and I would have to turn the conversation towards a positive by the end of the conversation.
n/a
Partner Relations and Customer Care (Current Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 23, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: too many
Is a good place to work while in school, but with a civil engineering degree, not the place for me. Fast pace most of the time which can be beneficial but very difficult to get days off.
Just another call center
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2015
Inbound phone job. Really have to grind out every day. A lot of income potential if you are willing to work 12+ hour days. Sink or swim environment.
Tons of potential... very little achieved.
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Full time job. Has decent benefits.
Cons: Upper and Upper middle management.
The product is pretty good and something that the employees can get behind. However the Upper middle management was fairly clueless on what was going on and how to achieve any real loyalty with employees and their customers. They over worked and abused their good employees and praised and coddled the ones who were subpar trying to "motivate" them to be better. Culture was poor with every good or excellent employeed surrounded by 3-4 people who didn't want to be there and mde the good employees jobs much more difficult.
Fast pace, call center
Inbound Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 21, 2015
Dish is a typical call center environment. Very fast paced call types lead to high call volume (about 60-80calls a day), and even fast training (4 weeks). I would not suggest this job for first time workers at a call center.
It was OK
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Orem, UTAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Too many late nights
It was an ok place to work with ok benefits but the GM was a bit of a knob, thats why Im not there today. Too many late nights.
I moved from installing to QA which was a bit better.
it is a part time occasional job
Customer Service Representative Call Center (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 19, 2015
Pros: not a regular job
Cons: no future hope
here work was available only twice a week [2 days] I have much more authority and support. Small company, a lot of field work, customer service was the main nature of job
DISH Training
Regional Training Manager (Former Employee), San AntonioAugust 19, 2015
Pros: discount on service
Cons: everything else
Company culture no female friendly on technical side. Less than 5% of employees I worked with were female and the few that were seemed very miserable in their jobs and did not last long in their positions. NOT a place that values input from employees to better the company, NOT a place that values intellect and experience outside the company to be promoted.
Good Money, Long Days
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), ChandlerAugust 19, 2015
It overall is not a bad place to work if you are punctual, able to sit at your desk for 4 hours at a time, deal with ignorance and work OVER 40 hours per week. If you are okay with all of the above, good place. You can make good money, some good people working there.
Headquarters