DISH Employee Reviews

Found 1,791 reviews matching the search
Warehouse
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 21, 2016
Good benefits besides no sick days, you get points for just about anything. If you do not keep the pace they want or better you will be fired without notice or regard to your health issues. Not a job recommended if you have health problems that can slow you down sometimes such as getting sick or asthma, children or plan on having a life outside of work. You would be at work more than home, you will be home just for rest and to get up and ready for work. Always mandatory overtime just about everyday which is great, but you can only option out by getting a point. Top performers are chosen every other day to be able to leave at their 8 hours but its always the same 4 people so don't count on that. If you do not make friends with leads, supervisors, and human resources your stay wont be long in the company. Also they do not work with school schedules what so ever. If you have an emergency, there is no excuse you will get points or be on the verge of termination, they will say they will work some type of terms with you but eventually just terminate you without notice. Have a job to fall back on. It pays well as long as you overwork yourself to complete exhaustion everyday.
Pros
Long Hours, Local, Easy
Cons
Weather, Long Drives
Over all management does not care about employees. Often talks about employees that they have fired as if they are proud about firing them.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 20, 2016
Pay is not bad for entry level. If you like positive feedback from management forget it. This job is very metrics driven if you have a bad day dont worry they will let you know. Every morning there is a meeting and they discuss your metrics in front of everyone. OM talks to you like you are property that is easily disposed of and he wont let you forget that you are replaceable.
Pros
Pay
Some perks BUT
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 20, 2016
After training (which was okay), you get put on a team, typically around 10 people and have a team lead which changes periodically. You definitely learn some data entry and how to read their system, you should always note on a call what you did/talked about. The MAJOR flaw in their system is the call time. They expect you to resolve a call in X (say 5) mins or less. In theory that's not a problem but when you are on a tech call and the system takes five mins. to reset (which it even says on the instructions), after you have figured out the problem, 5 mins total on a call is impossible. That's of course if the customer does not have other questions such as billing.
Pros
Hot chocolate, food place in building, decent pay
Cons
Hours may get cut depending on demand, unrealistic expectations
There were good and bad
Tester 1 (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 20, 2016
The job was an easy job, but there weren't alot of opportunity to grow. A typical work day we come in get set up to work some days we knew the number of receivers we needed and hour some days we didn't. The communication between the shift managers, superviors, and team leads down to us was very poor. I learned that there wasn't any real opportunities there and that regardless of what youre told before you go into a job you may not get all of the truth. the most enjoyable part of my job at Dish were my coworkers.
Pros
We could listen to our music while working
Cons
Bad communication and not being able to depend on the leadership
it has gaming area, library, sleeping quarter
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Makati ManilaSeptember 19, 2016
Answer calls, up training both technical updates and English literacy.
As far as the management, they are very approachable and wold help us mold to be a better individual, better employee and would always give us a room for promotion.

The hardest part is the change of Schedule every quarter.
Pros
free coffee
dish
ISP (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 19, 2016
Ok place to work, management can be unstable. Not enough compensation for work responsibilities. ...........................
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 18, 2016
Work with a group of individuals at your same level in "pods" that have one team supervisor and then one coach. Very friendly. Open communication between employees and management
Pros
Great work environment, management, promote from within and commnication
Cons
Salary, can not apply for higher salaried positions until one has reached their 6 month anniversary
good place to work
techician installer (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 16, 2016
dish is an okay place to work with, my shop that i worked out of in south bend is alright, the techs there are nice and friendly. job itself is pretty easy if you like to work with your hands, you install satellite tv
Fun and laid back work place
CSR- Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 16, 2016
It was a fun and friendly environment to work with and with many incentives! The lunch room was large with a number of couches, tv's, and games to play. Prizes are given away frequently and it was super easy to win cool prizes.
Not a good company to work for
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 16, 2016
Created, updated, and maintained work order with integrity
Researched, created, updated and resolved various documents, spreadsheets, and databases for 150 internal and 200 external customers
Performed routine office procedures using Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, and 2010
Provided technical support for usability issues and critical site problems
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 15, 2016
The training was a bit short really wasn't prepaid to just jump on the phones. The advanced tech training was even shorter with a lot more to pick up. Not a good support team and hard to find a supervisor available when you need one.
Great Benefits, Too Much Turmoil
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 15, 2016
The Job isn't that hard to do and it was very easy to learn but management experienced to much change too quickly and feels out of place.
Pros
Benefits, Easy Work Enviroment
Cons
Short Unpaid Lunch, Lack of Cohesion
Good pay and benefits
FSS installer (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 14, 2016
Good pay and vacation. Good co employees to work with. Horrble management. Company sets goals to high and changes and added more to the job title with no pay compensation.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
horrible hours horrible goals and horrible management
Inventory Specialist
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 14, 2016
I worked as an inventory specialist in the warehouse. My job duties included, auditing technician vans on a daily basis, down stocking inventory, auditing total merchandise on hand, as well as entering customer data into Oracle.
Pros
hands on
Cons
overworked, no compensation, forced overtime
Great company to grow
Customer Care Team (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 13, 2016
DISH is a great place to grow your career if you choose to do so. If you want to learn about accounting and be the next CFO, this is the company to join.
Great Experience
B2B Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 12, 2016
Everything Else Is Bad. Insane in the membrane. Why do I feel this way? Because they suck bigly. They need help badly. no planning. The nasal marketing guy is an idiot. only thing that scumbag should do is clean the place with his, u know.
Worst place to work every!!!!
Customer service (Former Employee) –  LittletonSeptember 12, 2016
Training horrible, work horrible, job horrible kill me kill me now!!! I worked for their Sling department. They didn't put enough training into this department. They made changes daily and didn't let the employees know about it. I ended up in the Hospital one weekend and they wanted to fire me for something I had no control over. Yes they give you their service at a discount, but than when I wanted to cancel it they tried to tell me I couldn't because I was in a contract, which I wasn't. I have nothing good to say about this company.
Poor
Installer FSS2 (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Failed to provide training.
Expected to perform sales team job without receiving benefits for doing so.
No breaks given.
difficult work for those who are not focused on their work
3rd Shift Quality Assurance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2016
Very fast paced and major attention to detail. I was in charge of 3RD SHIFT as Quality assurance inspector. My job was to insure that production did not damage any components and all product was 100% acceptable to ship.
Pool Table
Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 12, 2016
Can be a good company, just dont want to support their loyal customer and if you do, you will lose your job like i did. Great prizes and money for upsellings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9