DISH
1,095 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

a very productive place
Customer Service (Former Employee), PROctober 26, 2014
did not work much here but i am grateful it was my first job ever.
Not worth it
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Garner, NCOctober 26, 2014
Pros: paid vacations and paid holidays
Cons: long hours and mandatory overtime. low pay
The hours are long when there is work to be done. They hire you at 4 days a week 10 hours a day. Then make you work 5 days a week at close to 15 hours a day. They make getting a raise very hard. They start you out at 12.75 an hour and don't give you a raise for years.
Money oppurtunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 26, 2014
Pros: money oppurtunities
Cons: attendance rules
Had great opportunities to make as much money as you wanted. and also had room to grow with in the company.
productive and fun to work with
Field Service Specialist (Current Employee), totowa. NJOctober 24, 2014
• Conducting site surveys to determine the best positioning of equipment utilizing an inclinometer compass to find EchoStar satellite for strongest signal reception.
• Equipment installation requires the placement of mounts, configuration of elevation/azimuth skew plates, LNBFs (Low Noise Blockdown Feedhorn) and satellite reflectors (antenna).
• Tuning – more... antenna using satellite signal level meter. Installation of 3GHz coax cable, RF modulators, diplexers, triplexers, splitters, grounding block, wireless routers, IP connectivity, Ethernet cable, receivers.
• Cable/ connector line sweeps to identify defected cables and distance to fault.
• Ensure work orders, service calls and trouble tickets have been handled and closed properly.
• Update schedules with ETA/ ETR for installations and maintenance tasks.
• Maintain accurate inventory of equipment and tools for installation, service and trouble calls. – less
Great tv service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 24, 2014
Everything was great with Dish except when it came down to my studies, they would give me a really hard time when I need to change my schedule.
Not a good place to work
Inside Sales Team Lead (Former Employee), Englewood, COOctober 22, 2014
Dish was not a very family orientated company to work for. They were not sympathetic to needs of family
Worst job
Advance Tech Customer Service (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free tv service
Cons: felt like a number
Continual overturn and policy changes made for a hostile work environment.
Work place
Direct Sales (Former Employee), Littleton,COOctober 20, 2014
Inbound residential sales. I took inbound calls to set up satellite TV for residents. The hardest part of the job was being micro managed to the point you couldn't take a drink of water in between calls. The job pays well.
Fast paced
Commercial Representative (Former Employee), HarlingenOctober 20, 2014
Very fast paced environment. No slow moment. Get to talk and help alot of people through out the US.
Productive for company - but not so productive personally
Sr Manager/Sr Architect/Principal AnalystDeveloper (Current Employee), Englewood, COOctober 20, 2014
Not much career growth opportunities, not good work life balance
great career,but not for me looking for office work
Field Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, TNOctober 20, 2014
Pros: taking van home, gas paid in full
Cons: no lunch
doing custom work like running cable and installing dishes on the customers roof.providing customer service.working with power and hand tools.
Excellent Work Place
Loyalty CSR (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: nice discount for satellite tv, benefits, referral programs
Cons: can be stressful at times
Overall it is a fun friendly place of employment where you have different perks for being an employee
Dish
Sr. IT Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 17, 2014
It is like most large companies. Must be in by 9:00, no work at home policy, except for IT issues after hours.

I enjoyed my co-workers as there are many talented people there.
Do not work for Dish Network.
Tech 1 (Former Employee), Benicia, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything
NO job security what so ever. All managers care about is NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS if you do not meet them you are out the door faster then the so called training they give you. This company has to be the worst company I have ever worked for by far.
a fun and productive place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICES REP (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: short breaks
I took inbound calls to pay bills answer questions and to perform trouble shooting steps
Not the Worst Place in America to work
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 14, 2014
Pros: security, advancement, empowerment
Cons: travel
Dish has received a lot of bad publicity for being a horrible work place. I worked their for 11 years and enjoyed almost all of it. They certainly have their own culture and if your not a "roll up your sleeves and go to work" type person than it is not for you. I loved it!
Fast paced, constently changing environment.
FIELD SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVOctober 12, 2014
Being a manager at Dish is difficult as everything is run from the Headquarters. Local management had very little influence on the daily operations decisions, even though often time our approach was the better decision. They have strict policies, which is a good thing in order for everyone to be on the same page. Typical day for management started at – more... 6am, working with dispatchers to ensure the workload was routed correctly (It never was, and Senior Leadership took away Local Management's ability to adjust the workload). Then we reviewed performance reports, answered any customer calls, and the day sometimes didn't end until 10-11PM, since the closing manager had to stay until last technician returned to the office. I would have enjoyed the job a lot more if I was able to maike some key decisions that directly affected my success with the company. – less
A lot of working by yourself
Dish Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2014
Pros: managment
Cons: no advancement, lies
A typical day at work starts with the morning meeting and checking your days route. You then grab your tool bag and keys and move on to the days jobs. After the work is done you come back, stock your van, you turn the keys back in, and then go home. I learned how to be very hands on and how to really work alone. Management is A++. They will work with – more... you in your personal life and in your career. Co-workers are totally different. There are those who are amazing but majority are horrible people to be around. The hardest part of the job is you continue to do the same thing over and over. There is nothing new. The most enjoyable part of the job is the management. They are amazing. They taught me how to be a leader in a business environment. – less
nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thornton, COOctober 12, 2014
good money, weekly pay checks, independent working, nice place to advance
good company to work for
Technical Support/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Thornton, COOctober 11, 2014
good atmosphere and nice people to work with. If given the chance i would work there again.

1 2 3 4 5

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more