DISH
1,197 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

Fun Call Center
DISH PARTNER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 26, 2015
Call center with a ton of employee benefits. Scheduling is kind of crazy, but worth it when all of the benefits of this job are considered. Very willing to train employee's to be the best they can be.
ok worplace not much room for advancement
Advanced Technical Representative (Current Employee), alvin txJanuary 24, 2015
typical day of work included answering phone calls for customers having technical issues with dish network equipment
Dish Network Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: i finally left dish
Cons: managers, advancement, training, commission/ bonuses, benefits, work environment.
I worked at Dish Network as a CSR and became what's called a Hopper White Glove Specialist. The job itself sucks answer phone calls from customers with problems agents create themselves. Training is horrible at Dish, you do the new hire training in the beginning and that's it. I mean the job is simple but the fact that a lot of people aren't on the same page as everyone else makes it difficult mainly because you will tell a customer the correct answer and then they will say " well the last agent told me something different" which makes you look like a liar. Advancement in the company, don't even try to move up unless you want to suck up to all of the under qualified managers. You can be one of the best agents in the entire company and that won't matter. Most of the managers there don't even do any work they just walk around basically being a cheerleader. The shifts aren't too bad, as long as you do a good job you will get the hours you want. The work place environment is extremely unprofessional. Everyone dresses like a bunch of bums and the place is dirty. There were mice in the place and even cockroaches! A lot of people will talk to other people while being on the phones and just mute the customer and sit there and cuss and scream about the customers, which then the customer on your phone will hear it and complain about it. Overall I would not recommend Dish Network to anyone. As far as a company and their products they have a bright future, but the way they treat their employee's don't waste your time.
Stay away from this company
Field Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Gorham, MEJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fulltime, tools and training provided
Cons: healthcare, work life balance, top down structure, inadequate compensation, management, uncontrollable metrics, heavy workloads
Uncertain hours, poor job routing, and overworked employees are all exciting things to expect if you are looking to work for this company. The top-down management structure will leave you pounding your head off a desk in only a few months, and your feedback will fall on the deaf ears of all managers. Expect to do fifteen hour days and then be sent home when there isn't any work. Expect to fight against all sense of your own wisdom and reason as you are forced to abide by a slew of nonsensical corporate policy. And expect to get written up all the time for not hitting metrics that are completely out of your hands. If this sounds good to you go ahead and apply, otherwise I recommend looking elsewhere.
A standard office job environment with high stress.
Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunches, the compensation can be good if you're willing to work ten hours weekly overtime, annual car giveaways and various raffles.
Cons: very little downtime, management seems to have little interest in work issues
Although I enjoy the position itself, it feels that at many times I am no longer selling but rather finding a way to get a willing prospect set up with an account. Many of the prospects are broke with poor credit and we are required to take payment upfront. This leads to a struggle to find the money rather than following a traditional sales flow. The stress of dealing with this type of person imposes high stress levels on most agents.

On the upside, earning potential is very good but the only way to make good pay is to put in at least hours a week. Overtime incentives are also launched about once a year to deal with high call volumes, many agents earn 4-5 thousand a week during these incentives.
Great growing company with great team members and management team
Tier I Technical Support (Former Employee), Lanham MDJanuary 19, 2015
I have really enjoyed working for DISH, great people and management team. very friendly environment and fast paste place and work. I have learned a lot over these years that I worked for them. The only negative side of the job is the location from my home. It is too far for me since I am trying to built my family.
Not recommended
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thornton, COJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: some friendly supervisors
Cons: (see review)
Continuous, unexpected and inconvenient business changes; all without warning and with no explanation. Poor management. Some room for advancement but with lack of options for scheduling. Tenure does not matter here. In my opinion this company lacks both direction and reasoning.
Comfortable environment with a strong support network and sense of family.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Christiansburg, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: food on site
I have worked at Dish for almost 3 years and the ability to move up is the first thing that stands out. They help you along the way and want everyone to better themselves. A day at work would have me processing Net Promoter Surveys and Quality Assurance surveys on the agents of the company. The management group is outstanding and your colleagues are all fun and easy to get along with. I've learned a great deal of skills from phone etiquette to Microsoft Office applications to becoming a better word processor. Hardest part is the fact that I work 8-4:30 on weekdays and running errands during the week takes planning, but otherwise the job itself is great. Most enjoyable thing about work is the people. No one makes you feel unwelcome and the sense of team is extremely strong.
motivated environment, customer oriented.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: snack area, separated smoking areas, great on-site security
Cons: consistent management changes
I enjoyed the office environment and creating meaningful relationships with my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers understand the more intricate parts of the billing. Our management teams at the time were inviting individuals who encouraged employees to accomplish more, become better, and work quickly. I learned how to be a professional at this company. The most challenging part of this job was also the most rewarding. I was able to successfully provide customer service to upset customers and was able to resolve whatever issue the customer was experiencing. I felt immense pride in being able to turn a negative situation into a wonderful conversation and would appreciate the opportunity to do so again.
Great co-workers
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Calhoun, GAJanuary 18, 2015
I taught myself how to run a warehouse with help with a few people from the corp office.
Productive, competitive, friendly environment with plenty of incentives
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Alvin, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: pool tables, sports on tv, snack/lunch bar, video games
Cons: continuous speaking for up to 5 hrs at a time
Learned the in's and out's of the company during the 4-6 week training courses.
A typical day at work consisted of an eleven hour shift, from 1:00pm-12:00am. Providing customer service and trouble shooting to customers whom wished to participate.
Management was great and very friendly.
Co-workers were always very excited to help one another and everyone always went the extra yard for one another.
Was a good job but not what I wanted to do as a career
Inspector (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: good hours and benefits
Cons: not what i wanted for a career
Dish Network is a good company to work for it is hard work but there is room for advancement and the people including mgmnt were great to work for. Its not what I wanted for a career it was a job to me.
My mother got very ill and I had to leave to go be with her so I decided to start my own company back up that I was doing on the side already.
Dish Network
Field Rep (Former Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 17, 2015
The job itself could have been really fun. But management did not care about there employees. Co-workers were great, Hardest part of the job was having to do the job without the right equipment on a steady bases. Meeting new customers is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee), Port Angeles, WAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: hard hours
10 or more hours a day fiscal and demanding work large amounts of paperwork and training
awesome place
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free dish
Cons: .
the calls are as hard everything is there for you , theirs always something new happening and you get free dish
Worst company ever
Technician (Current Employee), CTJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free tv
Cons: everything
micro managed, horrible benefits, mandatory ot when needed by company or no work if company doesnt need you, bad work life balance. Bonus structure is a joke. daily events beyond your control make this job a living he*l and your expected to control things beyond your control. My advice to anyone who ends up at dish is to find another job quickly because eventually you will be fired for things that you can't control. Upper management has to start listening to employees instead of blaming them for everything.
fun enviroment
Salesperson (Former Employee), Villa Park,ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: stressful
fun environment, yet very hectic when it came down to communication and all the stress. Not a lot of people came to that mall. There was a lot of customer issues with previous employees and I had to fix it. work everyday with no hourly pay just commission.
Difficult management but great competitive workforce spirit
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pinebrook NJJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: co-workers and the competitive culture
Cons: management
A typical day at Dish Network was pretty fun and productive. We had a very competitive culture, and that allowed us to work as hard as possible to sell. And that usually resulted in either the growth of your sales and money or your termination from the company. I learned that there are many ways given the space and opportunity to Grow in a company.
The management was pretty stern and made the workplace stressful but our supervisors made it easier to with along with my co-workers
the hardest part of the job was dealing with the management and their nit picking on how we made a sale, they made it seem as if they better we got at selling the product the more there was to worry about.
my co-workers were the best part of the job. We all supported and competed with one another to make our lives there better
productive fun workplace
Satellite installer and troubleshooter (Former Employee), madison gaJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free range
great place to work coworkers were fun to be around great management and great pay starting out
Horrible company!
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great people at local site!
I sold my lucrative lawn care business and took a job with dish in September as an Ops Manager...upon arriving at the site, one of my new employees asked if I had researched the company prior to taking job. Before I could answer he told of a survey that revealed dish as worst company to work for as voted by employees 2 years in a row. I shrugged it off....should not have as it turned out to be true!
After completing a rigorous 2 week tech training program, I assumed leadership of the site. I quickly got buy in and had the site poised to become a leader in the company stats.
Then, just 7 weeks into the job, a corporate reorg bumped out of a job! I know the company knew this was coming, so why was I hired? I uprooted my life with a relocation, and left family behind! I incurred thousands of $$$ in expense, and was left to pay it all!
I am now unemployed and in search of a new career...DISH sucks!...

1 2 3 4 5

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more