DISH
1,425 reviews

DISH Employee Reviews

N/a
Field Service Specialist Level 4 (Former Employee), South El Monte, CAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, Fun labor
Cons: Disrigarded Safety
Just happy I had a job but you can look up DISH as rated number one worst company to work for.

Loved working with my co-workers and managers. Loved what I did. I enjoyed everything about the job. Disliked how they threaten employees and managers on job. They Disregarded Safety and pressured work.
Challenging and fun work! Lots of opportunity to develop a career
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Immediate exposure to leadership and developing new skills across multiple work functions
Direct visibility with senior leadership
Open-ended work environment where you truly can own your work
Fun product development and management opportunities
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 30, 2015
Pros: Nice Envoriment to work, everyone is friendly
Cons: Tech portal needs more organization
The atmosphere of working here is really good. I am looking to advance to something paying a little more money. Lost of phone calls come in with people that don't understand their bill. Makes you feel good to explain it to them and the get what you are saying
Productive, Organized, and Stressful
Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee), On the corner of Santa Fe Dr and East Bowles AveJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch every once in awhile and there is a foos ball table.
Cons: Four 10 hour days for work. To much time in one day.
Good Job with excellent benefits, but I'm the kind of guy that needs to be moving around and not glued to a desk chair. The hour lunch and break time is great as well.
days at dish
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), lanham marylandJune 29, 2015
Manage engineer technicians
Manage installation equipment inventory
Ensure vehicles are fully stocked with necessary equipment and tools
Ensure mini bulk and totes have necessary equipment
Monitor van to tech ration
Receive daily shipments
Return defective equipment
Count vans once technicians have returned to the warehouse
Review monthly logs
Review supply inventory and order supplies as required
Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data
Submit collected data monthly
Maintain supply order
Review documented invoices
Not a very pleasant workplace
Tester 1 (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 28, 2015
Not a very organized environment. It lacks leadership skills. No motivation with the specific supervisor I've worked with. A typical day would come down to the workers keeping up with quality and quota. My co workers where great. We all worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was when we couldn't hit quota due to technical issues with machinery. The most enjoyable part of the job was the breaks and interacting with my co workers. Also the luncheons we'd have.
great place to work
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mokena, ILJune 27, 2015
Pros: three days off
Cons: long work days
great job security just have long days. Good benefits and they supply all the equipment you need. You work four days and have three days off. Overall good job if you don't mind working outdoors.
Basic Call Center
Customer Service / Tech support Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2015
Pros: free candy when you sell, plenty of perks for selling
Cons: angry customers, managers with no common sense
Typical pressure to keep your metrics up and sell as much as possible while dealing with people angry about their dish being covered with snow and expect the impossible.

basic call center enviroment, if you can handle being yelled at on the phone then its fine other than that its not for everyone
The job could have been so much more
Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: The company is innovative and has some great products
Cons: Not enough support to battle the competition
Dish is a large company that has a start up culture. The company is still run by the founder and all decisions are made based on his pockets. The problems I had with Dish was their inability to keep up with the competition. In the Houston market we lost the ability to bundle services and the programming for two major sports teams. The competition did a better job of using their assets to acquire customers. This means they provided more resources to their clients to help acquire customers. Dish did however pay more to the clients for customer acquisition but put the responsibility solely on the clients with minimal support. Dish did provide marketing development funds but the client needed to hit a certain number to get these funds. The idea is great if the client has something in place to exceed their average, but it was often not reached because the client needed the support for incremental marketing to increase their numbers. I see Dish being a great company once the mentality of operating from a startup is changed to more of corporate mentality.
Warehouse Stocker/Inventroy
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great pay and great hours
Cons: poor management
Maintain stock in service vans, daily count for reports, Unload merchandise Put counts in computer and restock all sections as needed for next day.
great place to work, really feels like a team
SPN Dish net Wireline Agent (Former Employee), El PasoJune 26, 2015
Pros: jackies, benefits, and paid time off
Cons: schedules changes being last minute and management
Great company, people were great. management was not only a few. The perks was the advancement and how quick you could advance to those positions.
good compensation for amount of work
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Tigard, ORJune 25, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: open every day of the year
The management decisions didn't always make a lot of sense, but overall I knew what was expected and it was pretty laid back most of the time.
Challenging work environment
Commercial Installation Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2015
Worked quite a bit and was on call 24/7. Not much support from upper management on any critical issues or problems in the field, felt a bit disconnected.
Business Operations Analyst
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Littleton, COJune 24, 2015
Lots of lack of communication within the company. Overall, an OK company to work for - I do like the fact that there is a younger generation working there. Many things I would change to keep a higher morale within the company.
Good Job
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 24, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement.
Cons: Long work days.
Room for advancement, met a lot of nice people and learned a lot of new things during my time working for Dish, would recommend to others.
wouldn't recommend
dish tech (Current Employee), ashland vaJune 23, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: managment
i haven't enjoyed my time here, the entire team seems to thrive on complaining about every little thing every morning. Dish has been voted one of the worse companies to work for many years in a row now. i wouldn't recommend a job here.
Interesting and fun
Tecnician (Former Employee), Warren, MichiganJune 23, 2015
Pros: Many perks - earn points for selling stuff, contests every month
Cons: Some houses are really dirty or have bugs
Going into different peoples homes you see many unique things. Co-workers are always willing to help if you get stuck on a big job or having problems with a system.
Espacio limitado para los empleados
Instalador / Vendedor (Former Employee), Hatillo, PRJune 22, 2015
Pros: el horario era ajustable
Cons: desorganizacion en la administracion y gerencia
Temprano en la manana partia hacia el almacen, donde se me asignaba la ruta de dia y luego me counicaba con los cientes para finalmente, visitar las casas. El ambiente con los otros empleados era una ameno y coordial.
LINE WORKER (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJune 22, 2015
Pros: They always paid on time.
Cons: Short breaks, No benifits, low pay.
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there. It's alot of hard work with low pay. I've been working there for almost a year and they still haven't hired me full time. I'm still in the "90 day trial period" and it's almost been a year.
Great work Bad Management
Field Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVJune 20, 2015
Pros: Great Work, Pays Well
Cons: Management
The work wasn't hard I enjoyed every day other than days I had to go up in the office management curses at employees that do anything they don't like and they write people up for anything if they don't like you and want you gone. All my fellow technicians I still talk to almost everyday. Great co-workers just management needs to be wiped out and get some new guys that really care about the office and actually push safety instead of making technicians unsafe by not giving them new tires when they have bald tires with wires sticking out. Was forced to go to Snowshoe a day we got hit with 2 feet of snow in a 2 wheel drive van with bald tires and even had another tech with bald tires in a 4x4 truck behind me that kept going in the ditch and almost hit by truck drivers twice because they couldn't brake. That finished me with DISH I turned my management in Fairmont in for not giving us new tires and making me risk my life time after time there was 3 times total I took pictures and gave them to the head safety guy in the NE and he got me new tires but with a price I was constantly harassed and eventually fired for something they had no proof to.

1 2 3 4 5

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more

DISH Salaries