DISH
1,446 reviews

DISH Employee Reviews

Constantly changing work environment
Field Service Techician IV (Former Employee), Fairmont, WV 26554July 25, 2015
More numbers focused and not people focused. Although my role when i began was more techinical in nature, by the end it was more that of a salesman.
Good but stressful job, poorly managed at corporate level
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 24, 2015
Pros: best co-workers I ever worked with
Cons: bad management at corporate level
It was all about the numbers, with incessant changes in procedures from corporate, making job more difficult than it needed to be. Loved the work, speaking to customers from across U.S. from all social strata. Best co-workers I ever had.
Dish
customer service representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: treat employees fairly
Cons: time consuming
I learned how to Empathize & understand customers point of view. Work under pressure to swiftly address & resolve customer concerns. Provide technical support assistance, as well as actively listen to customers descriptions of tech issues to effectively address and correct customer’s dilemma. Apply patience, care, and understanding when dealing with all customers.
Nice culture, great management
Corporate Trainer/Inside Sales (Current Employee), Littleton, COJuly 22, 2015
This is a great place to work! My typical day was constantly changing and I found the management to be highly supportive. I enjoyed speaking with different people and the managing and training aspects.
Customer Service/ Tech support
Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVJuly 21, 2015
An average day in this hectic call center environment was very stressful. Calls were back to back with very little breaks in between. Management has no regard for employees and you're micromanaged to the highest degree. The pay is decent, but it's not worth it for all the stress that place causes.
Its a typical Call center job
Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee), DenverJuly 17, 2015
Good work environment with great people. Company policies are a bit drastic but the work flow is pretty consistent. You sit at your desk receive calls and help each customer individually make the right decision based on the television service they require.
productive
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 15, 2015
if you worked for it it was rewarding management was really good hours and pay are really good no complaints payouts and advancement oppurtunities
productive place to work with friendly employees
Satellite Tech (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 15, 2015
business has been a little slow due to the summer, sales have been down for a month. I have bettered my customer service skills within the sales field. the hardest part of the job is the time in between sales since work has been so slow. the most enjoyable part of the job is connecting people with affordable and enjoyable cable to watch.
Are in constant need of new employees.
Loyalty Specialist (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Free Subscription (highest package), Good work environment, Easy to move up
Cons: High Turnover Rate, Schedules vary and change, Sometimes have to deal with rude and difficult customers
The the job itself is not very difficult unless the customer is being difficult, especially if you are someone who loves talking to people. Dish did provide basic training prior to letting me speak to a customer alone. Basically you deal with basic tech and billing issues all the while providing empathy, rapport, and an up-sell attempt. The culture was very inviting at least at the center where I worked at, cant speak for the other centers. Fellow employees were very nice and talkative, and the center is often buzzing with music. Televisions are available throughout the center so that you can watch as you work (though you likely wont hear anything). It is possible to move up in the company and you will encounter many managers and higher ups that will attest to that fact. However in my experience, I had to adjust to the customer service mentality (as I had never worked in a call center before) but I did learn eventually and my coaches at least attempted to help me get there. Once I adopted the proper mentality I did get promoted to the next tier. That was where the tables turned for me, as training for the loyalty specialty was not very helpful and the coach I was assigned to was nice but very busy (at meetings or coach rallies) and often times not available to help when I began to struggle suddenly after receiving praises on my work throughout my first 2 weeks. I was on the floor as a loyalty specialist for 1 month and with the company just over a year before I was fired. Last thing I am going to say is that while there are those few that have been with a Dish Network call center for 5-10 years, they are constantly holding job fairs and looking for new employees (high turnover rate), therefore if you plan on applying, just be prepared not to have the job very long.
Employees are great, upper management not so much.
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2015
I really enjoyed getting to meet the customer and seeing the work my technician did. Making customer's happy was the best part.

What I didn't like is that a lot of company policies are murky and not well defined. Upper management gives you no in site into the policies until you cross one. If upper management would be more open to communication about policies and procedures across the company would really help. Communication within the company is really lacking which causes a lot of issues.
Busy Call Center
customer service agent (Current Employee), Thorton ColoradoJuly 13, 2015
Pros: peeks from vendors are fun
Cons: percentage reviews all the time
Typical Day - very busy

Technical support

Management - percentage drive

Co-workers- everyone had a different story to tell

Hardest Part of job - talking to very angry customers

Enjoyable - talking to alot of real nice people around the country
Work life balance is non-existant
Trainer (Former Employee), Alvin, TXJuly 13, 2015
It is required for any employee to be available from 7AM to midnight, no matter the shift scheduled. Home life or any extra curricular activity, even if it is not affecting the normal schedule is frowned upon.
low pay, over worked,no vacation time,no room for advancement.
ivent6ory specialist (Former Employee), grain valleyJuly 10, 2015
Pros: almost free satelite
Cons: low pay
the position i was in is a dead-end position.the pay was low,the room for advancing is not there,the turn rate is high,slow vacation build up.
Use Dish to develop your skills and strive for a career elsewhere
Operations Manager (Former Employee), USAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Free Dish Network Service
Cons: Very Limited Advancement. Expectation to work long days and lots of hours.
You will work a lot of long hours and will not be recognized for your contributions. The pay seems adequate from a salaried position until you break down what you're actually making at an 80 hour work week. Lastly, it's very difficult to move out of a position. Little room for advancement.
Customer service representative
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Flushing, NYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: extra day off work
Cons: long shifts, no restaurants in nearby location, low benefits
The job typically runs 10 hours a day, for 40 hours per week. On a typical day, your job consist of helping customers with billing, technical support, and updating acct information. There is on the job training. Time management and problem solving will be necessary skills on the job.
Productive and Positive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Hour Lunch or break
Cons: Health Care and Vacation.
Good Company! Excelent management and enviroment! The hardest part of the job? Nothing because every day we need learn something, the most enjoyable part of the job was help every customer!
N/a
Field Service Specialist Level 4 (Former Employee), South El Monte, CAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, Fun labor
Cons: Disrigarded Safety
Just happy I had a job but you can look up DISH as rated number one worst company to work for.

Loved working with my co-workers and managers. Loved what I did. I enjoyed everything about the job. Disliked how they threaten employees and managers on job. They Disregarded Safety and pressured work.
Challenging and fun work! Lots of opportunity to develop a career
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Immediate exposure to leadership and developing new skills across multiple work functions
Direct visibility with senior leadership
Open-ended work environment where you truly can own your work
Fun product development and management opportunities
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 30, 2015
Pros: Nice Envoriment to work, everyone is friendly
Cons: Tech portal needs more organization
The atmosphere of working here is really good. I am looking to advance to something paying a little more money. Lost of phone calls come in with people that don't understand their bill. Makes you feel good to explain it to them and the get what you are saying
Productive, Organized, and Stressful
Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee), On the corner of Santa Fe Dr and East Bowles AveJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch every once in awhile and there is a foos ball table.
Cons: Four 10 hour days for work. To much time in one day.
Good Job with excellent benefits, but I'm the kind of guy that needs to be moving around and not glued to a desk chair. The hour lunch and break time is great as well.

1 2 3 4 5

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more

DISH Salaries