DISH
1,244 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

Learned a lot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COFebruary 25, 2015
This was the first call center I worked at, so I learned a lot from them. I learned how to handle multiple screens at a time. I also learned how to handle different types of customers.
I enjoyed this job and all of my co workers.
Not the best or worse place I've worked
Field service specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: tools and uniforms at no cost to the employee
Cons: pay was low for the amount of work and employees are really pushed to sell sell sell
Overall dish wasn't a bad company to work for but the expectations dish has for its installation techs are a bit unrealistic. The pay was low for the amount of work you are expected to do at Such a high quality.

The other down side was that the technicians are expected to sell products to the customer on top of doing the installation and meeting their points per hour goals. I didn't sign up to be a door to door vacuume salesman when I applied for the job.

Not a bad place to start out for an okay pay I guess, but not something I would make a career out of.
Fast paced, knowledgeable staff
Supervisor (Former Employee), MeridianFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: lack of trust
Fast paced, knowledgeable staff, ok benefits, will promote from within. Learned a lot in a short period of time. Working in an environment with knowledgeable co-workers.
Every day was different which is good
Subcontractor / Sales Representative (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: no one looking over your shoulder
Cons: alot of expenses
Each day was a challenge. Something new to learn each day.
Worked with people who were willing to help. Great management.
Traveling was nice but expensive as a sub contractor.
Repetitive Work day, co-workers kept me smiling.
Advance Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Alvin, TxFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: sell incentives, over time always offered
Cons: irate customers, short breaks, stressful work environment
Dish is a routine work, you take calls all day talking to customers about the same questions or problems with their television service. My co-workers and supervisor is what helped my day either go back quicker or made it seem much longer. I learned that when in a postive environment my days seemed less stressful and shorter. The hardest part of the job is consistantly providing high quality customer service, when you get off of a bad call with a high escalated customer its hard not to carry that over to the next customer. You basically have to reset yourself after every call and get ready for whatever the next customer is going to throw at you. The most enjoyable part of the job is training or one on one time with your supervisor because its time off the phone. The managers try to bring up the moral of the call center by offering sell incentives, but being a Advance Tech Support representative you don't get as much of a chance to sell since customers just want their problem fixed and to get off the phone as quickly as possible.
first job, cashier
Cashier, Dunkin Donuts (Former Employee), Meriden, CTFebruary 24, 2015
i learned how to be responsible and always on time awesome expiration and good helpful co workers management were also kind and helpfull
Great culture within the Retention department
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: progressive work environment
Cons: work load at times can become heavy
Online reviews of the work experience at DISH are fairly negative. While these reviews do have some truth to them, they do not apply to the Customer Retention department. The culture within the department is very supportive and progressive. Its refreshing to be able to work with a group of people that are able to quickly and agilely work together to solve real time problems. The work days aren't long, but they are definitely hard.
horrible place to work
Field Service Tech (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free cable
Cons: Management
the pay is good but management is very un professional. The benefits are not very good as well. If you want anything to be confidential with dish forget it. The company as a whole is not there for there employees.
ok place to work
Full Time 40 (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2015
job is simple, while i was on the floor for the first couple of week the supervisor advised me not to inform the member of the info on there account due to escalation reason, i advised them they end up calling back later even more mad due to the of info given. i dont like how they advised me to take care of them member. i quite due to the care of the members with dish.
Lana Cole's personal experiences with Dish Network
Tech Support (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time while working for Dish Network. My typical day concluded of several customer service calls while assisting them with billing, technical support, and several day by day questions.

During my time with Dish; I have learned patience with not only customers but also within myself. I have established a better understanding for both professional and personal needs while also establishing a better consumption for the importance of customer service/call center.

While employed with Dish, I established relationships with both customers and co-workers. The atmosphere was very welcoming and comfortable; making it a good experience and bringing excitement to each work day.

Although customer service has its accomplishments, it also has its hardships. The most difficult aspect of my position was the occasional customer that was not satisfied with their services. The task of calming a customer down and doing your absolute best to please them before ending the phone call can be excruciating, but also very pleasing; knowing that you have solved an issue not only for the customer but also for the company as a whole.

The most enjoyable part of working with Dish Network was by far the people I worked with and the customers I established relations with. Knowing that I was able to help and solve another person's problem is what made going to work everyday an exciting and accomplished day.
An okay company..
Telecommunications Installer (Current Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: work alone
Cons: pushed to sell
They really push you to sell products to the customer. Almost to the point where your job feels dependent on it. But there are rewards for selling and the requirement aren't THAT bad.
Other than that. Good people and they take care of you.
Call Center
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Thornton, COFebruary 20, 2015
i did not enjoy working at boulder calls the training was very short and vague , employers did not care for their employees
Dish
account specialist (Current Employee), thorntonFebruary 19, 2015
i dont have anything positive or negative to say i dont have anything positive or negative to sayi dont have anything positive or negative to sayi dont have anything positive or negative to sayi dont have anything positive or negative to sayi dont have anything positive or negative to say
Don't expect much
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 18, 2015
It's not an awful place to work, but do not have high expectations. It somehow feels micro-managed and chaotic at the same time. No job is safe, and advancement is rare.
Basic Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COFebruary 17, 2015
This was the first Call Center I worked at. It taught me how to deal with different personalities over the phone. It also taught me to be careful with tone and deliverance over the phone because it can be taken the wrong way.
Comfortable setting to work in..
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Littleton, COFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: nice environment to work in. overtime available
i take up calls day to day assisting customers with issues that range from billing questions to walking customers through tech support
ive been classified as a Certified technical assistant which means i have the ability to solve tech issues with assured confiendence to assure the customer doesnt have future tech issues.
Productive workplace
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 15, 2015
Working for Dish wasn't too bad. The pay was pretty decent for a full time job. However, management wasn't always on top of things.
Call center, tech support
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHFebruary 13, 2015
It started as a customer service position then they started to change schedules, shifts, everything. at the end they changed positions completely to technical support.
Dont do it
Not Frontline (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: opportunity
Cons: upper management no clue
Shady Shady, Be careful who you trust. HR will use illegal tactics. You receive an opportunity but no support from corporate. They use tactics to take money from their frontline agents.
sucks
Installation Tech (Former Employee), canton ohFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: sucks
Cons: sucks
work you all the time and don't want to pay you for your travel time and some jobs you do not a good job always on the go for no money

1 2 3 4 5

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more