DISH
1,371 reviews

DISH Employee Reviews

Pros and Cons to Dish
Coach (Current Employee), Alvin, TXJune 1, 2015
There is a lot of opportunity for growth in Dish, but it is also very limited.
The hardest part of the job was watching how the supervisors were treated by the management staff and the lack of support that was being offered. The easiest part of the job was interacting with my peers and the agents.
ok place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: short breaks if any lunches are 30 minutes
loud music and tvs always on full blast unable to hear the customers coaches are not fully trained ... and I wish I had more training ..
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Flushing, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: long lunch time (1 hour)
Cons: long working hours (10 hours)
I loved working for Dish Network. The office environment was great. They do have good schedules and nice people working in there. They have a good hands on training program in place. I learned a lot and excelled at my position. I learned dealing with angry customers in a reasonable fashion.
The only downside to Dish is all the office and corporate politics.
Good benifits, great office environment
Dispatch Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Good benifits, Learned a lot, Great office environment
Cons: Office politics, Was not given enough notice that our office was shutting down (IMO).
I loved working for Dish Network. The office environment was great. They have a good hands on training program in place. I learned a lot and excelled at my position. I received the "Router of the year" award my first year. The only downside to Dish is all the office and corporate politics. I was not given enough notice that our office was shutting down in my opinion
Not a comfortable job as far as security
Customer agent (Former Employee), phoenixMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers, easy parking, lots of free promotional items and free cable
Cons: Not enough training, limited support available, rough phone customers
The company started out a job where you feel really good about the job you are working for. Until they start to promise things like pay increases. No consideration for your health. If you are sick you must still come in. Just only believe half of what you hear.
Good people- bad company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 28, 2015
They love to micro manage, add to your work load without compensation and try to convince you that they appreciate you with occasional pizza. They are sticklers when it comes to giving raises, don't mind making you work overtime and make advancement almost impossible. They do have good schedules and nice people working in there. After 3 years, They also gave me the skills I need to find a better paying job doing less work- thanks Dish!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 27, 2015
Long Hours on the phone in a 10 Hour work shift. I learned dealing with angry customers in a reasonable fashion. Management is tolerable. Co workers are always insightful. Hardest part of job was accommodation life outside of work.
Terrible Terrible Terrible, only apply if its your very last resort.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Alvin, TXMay 27, 2015
Management is terrible, they constantly look for reasons to terminate your employment. Its better to get the experience and just leave because longevity means nothing to them.
fast pace
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free Employee Services
Cons: base pay
Dish can be a very good company to work for however it seems there is little upward mobility. Co-workers are fun and energetic
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAMay 25, 2015
Pros: lots of fun
Cons: N/A
Working for Dish was amazing and I wish that I could have stayed. They are awesome people and actually care about their employees. The team that I worked on was one of the closet group of people that I have gotten to know and support just all around. Couldn't ask for a better management team and coworkers.
Good Company
FIELD SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Ashlanad VAMay 24, 2015
Go in the field and install satellite service to customers. Insure that the customer knew the system and how to operate.
productive clean and fun work place
Took inbound customer service calls (Former Employee), hilliard ohMay 24, 2015
Pros: long break, cook outs
Cons: managers didn't care
go in take call for four hours come home relax then go back for another four. my team always had each others back when someone was stuck on a call. the best part of my job was my team leads and coach they were always there for you .
Loved It
Customer Billing Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 23, 2015
Pros: Diversity
Cons: pay
I really love this job they were great and we had a lot of fun speaking to our customers. I really learned great customer interaction and management was always great. There are many different languages at this workplace so understanding everybody was a bit difficult.
Horrible place to work with a very poor management team
Tester 1 (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 22, 2015
My work at dish is extremely boring and the management that I have to deal with is literally the worst I have ever worked under. The communication is horrible and they do not treat everyone equally.
Life at Dish
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VAMay 21, 2015
Pros: the company's name, 4 days on 3 days off
Cons: 12-14 hour days, no take home vehicle, lack of leadership support
long hours over 50 plus a week, no real leadership or support from upper management. employees cant take home vehicle and tech promotions are hard to achieve
Great people
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 17, 2015
Pros: very clean, great managment and a simple plan
Cons: it was only part time for me
very fast paced which makes your day go by fast, I took a whole new aspect on satellite services and the story on how dish network was brought to life is interesting
You just got too have a strong mind as well as body. Demanding but rewarding.
Dish Technician (Current Employee), Katy,TxMay 16, 2015
Pros: Pay, travel, greetings and environment.
Cons: stressfull at times.
I love my days as a technician. Good Pay as well as overtime, different location, sites, as well as homes and people. I will say that it is demanding and they will expect a lot from you in such little time but they understand its a learning process and it takes time to catch on for some people but the way they handle it is more of constructional criticism and motivation which is what makes the job fun. It's really kinda hard to lose your job there unless your lazy and the "I do enough just to get by" type, so security is a plus. In all, If you got imagination and willpower the creation of advancement will be so much easier. Yes the system and policy changes frequently, so what, so does life. Either you can adapt or not. The harder you strive the better the results. It's fun and rewarding and the customers will respect you as long as you keep them up to date with things and work with them in the time of confusion and stress, believe me sometimes it happens. Other than that your your own boss and everything is what you make of it.
Just a job, Not a career
Satellite TV Technician (Current Employee), Tigard, ORMay 15, 2015
Pros: pay, good 401k program
Cons: healthcare, communication gap
This is the type of company where employees put up with the negatives because of decent pay. Negatives are very poor health benefits package, poor communication between corporate leaders and field management, employees are treated like a number with no voice. Positives are compensation.

Despite claims from corporate leaders about the many opportunities for advancement, there are ceilings which are quickly reached within 2-3 years. By that time you are making decent money and becoming frustrated with how negative the company treats its employees with little to no consideration to a person's well-being. In many cases, looking for a new job will include a pay cut.
not fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 15, 2015
schedules were hectic, computer problems all around, calls kept getting routed to incorrect departments and training was a joke
very fun and clean work environment. great opportunity to learn costumer service
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAMay 14, 2015
I had fun and learned a lot. most of my work days were me trying to reach my goals and keep my management satisfied with my work. however i also learned how to deal with costumers and make sure they stayed with the company. i had one on ones with my manager once a week and he was always teaching me new things so i appreciated that a lot. i had no issues with my co-workers as i am work well as a team member and by myself.

1 2 3 4 5

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more

DISH Salaries