DISH

DISH Employer Reviews

Fun fast paced environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: poor schedule and varrying shifts
Dish is a great place to work if you like the technical aspect of things. The management team is easy to talk to, and the work environment is always upbeat and positive. The only downer to working in this type of environment it the varrying schedules and shifts available.
Job Experience
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 9, 2014
Great Job With Excellent Pay And Great People From Different Wals Of Life
Always busy
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Summerville, SCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: always busy
Learned how satellites dishes were assembled. Loved working
with the technicians
Grain of salt job.
Tech (Current Employee), Liberal, KSJuly 8, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: unreachable goals
Have worked here for over five years now and the only reason I have stayed is for the pay. Management lies all the way up the ladder. Some are good people but most think of techs as pawns on a chess board.
Long hours, hard work, lots of overtime.
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mokena, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good pay and promotions.
Cons: long hours, required overtime.
If your into working your life away, this is the job for you. Very long hours (Sometimes 15 hour days.) and lots of required overtime.
Fun work at home
Loyalty Rep (Former Employee), Westminster, COJuly 8, 2014
Pros: extra lunches and lepc training
Cons: disconnecting calls
typical day was taking calls and trying to save customers from disconnect.
I learned call skills and how to work independently.
management they can work on some are okay and a lot of
miscommunication
co works are great worked well together
it was challenging at times when customers can beat you down and scream at you
trouble shooting on calls
A typical work day
Field Service Specialist IV (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: deep discounted tv ie every channel dish offers
Cons: unexpected late days
Day starts around 0715 with the signing out of equipment and heading to your first appointment. Depending on the work order, they can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 3-4 hours at one appointment. Work varies from moderate lifting to heavy lifting, ie 30lb concrete blocks to the roof for dish mounting.
Fun environment, great trainers, okay schedules
CSR, ADV Tech Support, Telco Partner (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: vendors, phone use is free and internet, sups are awesome
Cons: schedules and you cant change them, they change you to different calls
Training isn't the best and the only thing harsh is when you start getting used to one thing like working with billing they move you right up to doing technical support then Telco partner and it doesn't make the change any easier. Your supervisor is super supportive and helps you out at any time. Only thing I didn't like were the schedules, after working – more... there for a year they gave me a horrible schedule and it was rough, but other than that its great. Lots of vendors and even the showtime, hbo, cinemax, starz makers give away prizes a lot. The breakroom is a full floor and there is ping pong pool tables, the most coolest thing is there are complimentary phones. – less
STRESSFUL!!!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST 2 (Former Employee), Phoenix, arizonaJuly 7, 2014
working at dish was stressful and unpleasant. the managers are not willing to help you without you having to bug them for 20-30 minutes. the customers are never nice and you are never recognized for the good you do only the bad.
productive fast paced work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Former Employee), littleton, COJuly 7, 2014
Pros: hours, overtime available
Cons: mandatory overtime
Everyday as soon as you login and hit ready you take calls back to back with only 30 seconds to one minute of time in between calls. The managers were very helpful and my team was very fun to work with.
I understand why Dish has been rated the worst company in the US to work for several years running.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free dish service
Cons: long hours, extemely high stress, poor mgt communication, poor policy adherence
A company run on management by intimidation. Non-existant communication from management and senior managment team that fails repeatedly to follow policies. Very high stress levels and an extemely high turn-over rate at all levels. I really appreciated some of my team.
Got to be the worst company to work for in America
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee), DenverJuly 6, 2014
Pros: view was great from hq
Cons: everything else!!
Go to Glassdoor to read reviews...it's almost unbelievable how bad Dish is to work for. A real eye-opener.
I would never work here again
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARJuly 4, 2014
This place was voted worst place to work for in the U.S. last year. Enough said.
Tolerable
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJuly 2, 2014
job was very active and busy, long hours, management did little for employees. under paid.
Satelite Technician
Satelite Technician (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNJuly 1, 2014
Typical day at work involves: checking inventory, loading new equipment onto vans, connecting with customers, installing and servicing systems, presenting customers with a wide ranges of smart home sales to fit their needs, and meeting any and all customer expectations.

What I have learned from my employment from this company is how to present myself – more... in a professional manor in front of the customer, how to sale both business to business and person to person, and how to take company goals and turn them into results.

The hardest part of the job is working around schedules. This is a customer service industry and the customer is put first. The work load at times is very heavy and requires 50- 65 hrs per week.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the freedom from working inside of 4 walls each day. The majority of the employees travel to 3 to five locations a day with a drive time ranging from 2-5 hrs a day. – less
over worked and under payed
Technician/Repairing/Installation (Former Employee), fayettevilleJune 30, 2014
Not enough money coming in as opposed to going out being that this job was contracted
Fun, Challenging, job with enthusiatistic management
Field Service Specialist I (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJune 28, 2014
I came into Dish intrigued and I left the job informed. I worked by myself most of the time. On any given day, I was challenged to do a different job at a different home from the last. I was paid well and the benefit package was a good also.
fun workplace when off the clock and nice people
Installation Technician (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSJune 27, 2014
Pros: paid lunches, points for stuff to buy online at the dish store.
Cons: hurry hurry hurry kind of job.
A typical work day is anywhere from six to seven jobs and working until nine or later at night. Which is hard to have a good work/life balance. Installing dish for customers and fixing problems with current customers. I have learned to have a better work ethic and to stay focused. Also being able to be aware of my surroundings better and keep on schedule. – more... Our management is alright, it needs some work because one day you work. Then the next day you come in and they ask why you are there and workers tell them because I am on the schedule. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the new technology and having to keep good metrics with all the different tasks we are expected to do. I would say the most enjoyable part is being able to see places in Kansas I haven't seen before and meeting different people. – less
Great comapny to work for they really take care of you. I learned alot from working with them
Field Technician (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJune 26, 2014
Typical day would be to get in my company van, look at my phone to find my jobs for the day. Drive to my jobs greet customers and give them the best service i can give. Then install dish, run lines, work on ladders, torubleshoot, ground, and make sure the customers is happy with the work i did. I like working by myself but also have help a phone call – more... away. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the customer happy by the work I have done for them. – less
A Day at work
Tester (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: most of my week days are free and i can get another job
Cons: the manegment is unorganized and unprofessional
The most enjoyable part of work is during the moring because i am full of energy and ready to work the job consists of the same task for 12 hours so it can get pretty boring and un enjoyable after lunch.

1 2 3 4 5

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more