DISH
1,155 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

Be fast and efficient!
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Mokena, ILDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free dish
Excellent place to work!
I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent job. Also get free Dish tv. You cant beat that.Hours are flexible. The loyalty program has good incentives and pay.
Makes Plenty of Promises upon Hiring
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 19, 2014
However, None of the promises are true. Advancement is ridiculously hard and the "goals" this company tries to push upon it's employees are quite honestly unobtainable. Working here caused severe issues with my marriage due to me being away from home 12+ hours a day and never being around to help with the home, my newborn child, or spend time with my – more... wife. When I finally did get home all I could muster up the energy to do was shower, eat dinner, then go to bed only to be just as tired when I woke up the next day to do it all over again. The schedule is always changing. I was told 4 days on, 3 days off. By the 3rd month of employment I was working 6 days a week at 10-14+ hours a day. The pay was NOT worth all the work I put in or the trouble it caused me and my family. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving every day and honesty there was even a ridiculously complicated process to that as well. Be VERY wary if you choose to apply for this job. – less
Past survey ratings hold true
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Englewood, CODecember 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: senior management
Dish Network has been repeatedly rated as one of the worst places to work. That culture comes from the top of the company. The people I worked with on a daily basis though were awesome. Those are relationships that I will always treasure.
Wouldn't recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 18, 2014
I wouldn't recommend working for this company. Very poorly controlled by HR, doesnt offer good benefits, doesnt treat employees with respect.
Excellent place to work good benefits
Fraud,Technical,Collections,Retention (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 18, 2014
Excellent place to work management isnt too good but good benefits.I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent job also has free tv cant beat that.hours are flexible.I used to make money on saves i was in the loyalty program good incentives and pay.
Terrible Place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Grain Valley, MODecember 16, 2014
Pros: there were none.
Cons: just about everything assosciated with working there.
Management was terrible, most of the coworkers were worthless, there was know acknowledgement of our work. There was also very few opportunities to grow within the company. Job was pretty self explanatory, however the terrible management and terrible coworkers made the job much harder than it needed to be.
Phoenix call center. commission based position
Direct Sales (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2014
Pros: inbound call center
Cons: commission jobs are up and down
was a good place to work until they changed the pay structure
inventory specialst
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Queens, NYDecember 15, 2014
Dish was voted worst company in america so you can use that to get a clue/,
Fast paced, never a dull moment
Field Service Manager (Current Employee), Mill Creek, WADecember 14, 2014
The best part of my job are the people I work with on a daily basis. The job is fast paced and performance oriented. Metrics are everything! My manager is extremely knowledgeable and knows how to handle stressful situations.
Dish Network
field technician 4 (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNDecember 13, 2014
Pros: impressive training courses, great benefits, extra pay incentives for performance, and team oriented atmosphere focused on success.
Cons: there are many challenges to overcome on a daily basis, the interview and training process can become overwhelming, and there is not much available time to complete all necessary tasks.
Fantastic company to work for, I thoroughly enjoyed my training. They gave me all the tools and knowledge I need for personal and professional success. I have never worked for a company with such friendly and knowledgeable employees, and I believe those that complain about this company do not invest in their own success and therefore are not rewarded – more... by the company. Put in the effort and the company will take care of you, and reward you for your work. – less
fun and exciting
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free dish service, payouts for doing your job
I took calls and helped custs with billing and tech problems. I also lead team meetings and assisted coaches with helping the team. trained new hires to ensure that they were doing there job to our specs. Took sup calls. talked and had meeting with management daily to ensure that company and all employes were doing all we needed to do for success
i loved my job as a customer supposrt rep
customer service rep (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 11, 2014
Pros: there was so much room for growth in this comapny
Cons: scheduling was not the best
a days work I took maybe 70 calls I would assist people in troubleshooting as well as assist them with any billing questions they had and package upgrades I sent out technicians to their homes and new equipment I learned a lot of different ways to interact with people and to keep the customer happy I think that management there where great they were – more... very flexible and always came to the aid of whomever needed them the co workers was my favorite part about this position being able to work on many different teams working with many different people as a blessing the hardest part about my job is that not everyone is always in a good mood and sometimes things said can be a little brutal but I learned to get pass that the most enjoyable part I got to work with people daily and I love what I did – less
A company with an eye on the future
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: the free service is a plus
Cons: benefits and compensation structure/job title needs attention
In a typical day, there is always more work to do than time
Is embracing changing the culture by developing management
A real team environment among the rank and file employees
Working with limited resources is a challenge at times
The free service is a great added plus
good place to work it you don't mind working outside
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 10, 2014
I loved it . the co workers were great . the sup were great and would work with you to make sure that you know what you are doing . I would do it again but I'm not good with hights
Excellent company to work for
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PADecember 9, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: long days
I am sorry to leave Dish Network, both the company and people have been a joy to be apart of. I regret having to leave for reasons outside of the company.
Worst company to work for in America 3 years in a row.
Installation Technician (Current Employee), Sonora, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: discounted tv service
Cons: everything else
The work itself is ok. Its not the most glamorous job in the world but there are worse jobs out there.

Management is an absolute joke. Anything that makes sense in your head, just go ahead and throw that out the window because that's not how "Dish" thinks.

Co-workers are awesome. Everyone is very close and help is there when needed.

Hardest part – more... about the job is dealing with the constant changes with the company. Understood, the company is technology based so YES frequent change is expected. The constant change with the company raising expectations to unrealistic levels is absolutely unreal.

ATM i am going under investigation because i have not been able to meet their rediscussed numbers, mostly due to work being very very slow. I have been led to believe that I will soon lose my job because of the forced PDO and forced OT scheduled that some office worker came up with who guesses what days we will be busy and what days we will be slow. This process is roughly 90% WRONG!!! Many days have i come into work done one job and gone home by 10:00am, when the guy who came in for OT has a full days work...wheres the sense there?

I have absolutely NOTHING good to say about the company itself, but everyone i have interaction with on a daily basis is great. – less
work and talk
Coach in Training (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VADecember 9, 2014
work get a paycheck
not enjoyable
call center
help individuals with their needs
Dish Network
Tester (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 9, 2014
Coming to work. Preparing to get everything set up. Make sure tools in the right place. Start cleaning receivers. I only have 2 minutes to do 1 Receiver in 60 minutes.
Great benefits
Installer/Technician (Former Employee), Norman, OKDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free tv service
Cons: working on all holidays
Management will fire you at the drop of a hat. You work in any kind of weather.
"one of the hardest jobs you'll ever have"
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2014
A day at Dish consists of sitting at your desk at the beginning of your shift, logging in, having a team meeting, and taking back to back calls until the day ends. As all sales jobs are usually stressful, Dish is probably at the top of the list.

As a sales person at Dish, you learn how to fight for "in-bound calls". You have to overcome even the smallest – more... objections, for example, "I need to speak to my spouse".

Management is very high spirited, and full of energy. You find yourself distracted during a call as they run around in hopper costumes, and fluffy dinosaur heads trying to "lift moral".

Co-workers are mostly awesome, and all empathize with each other in times of distress.

This industry is highly competitive. but working hard can be rewarded. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more