DISH
1,329 reviews

DISH United States Employee Reviews

It's a job
Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: work/life balance, goals hard to meet, harrassment to meet the near impossible goals
Worked there just over 5 years. Wasn't to bad at first then progressively went down hill after year 2. When Charles Ergon stepped down and Bill Clayton became CEO seemed to be the big change. Became a rat race to do as many jobs in a day even if it took time away from the customer. Summer time comes in Arizona and the heat increases rather then get off at a decent time it meant work later since there was more daylight. Every year the bar went up and up even though we didn't have more time so we would have to work faster making short cuts and less customer ed just to get the work done so we didn't get fired which they threatened a lot. now comes sales. They started dish home services selling sound bars and tv mounts. Now we have to try and make more time with the customer to sell stuff and get our jobs done or be fired. Since I was fired I feel much better and I sleep much better at night. Charles Ergon has become CEO again so time will tell where it leaves my friends. I would not recommend this job to anyone unless you don't have a family. Pay can be good and they provide medical, 401k, and dental. Not much room for advancement as a tech.
Great workplace with gym facilities
INSIDES SALES REP (Former Employee), Roseland, NJApril 7, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, coffee, tea
Cons: n/a
Ability to retain customers with save offers. Good interaction with co-workers. Friendly environment. Team meeting on product knowledge and offers.
Rated USA's number 1 worst place to work in 2013&2014
Advance Technical Support (Former Employee), alvin,txApril 5, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: rather not list
I would not recommend anyone to work at DISH.

-Not a flexible schedule
-they recently fired all managers, and brought in new ones
-sometimes you have 1000+ calls in Q, breaks or lunches are suppressed till Q is lowered
-Sometimes management would allow you to wear jeans instead of business casual
Working at Dish as an entry level job really good for experience since it builds up the base customer service mentality.
International Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Queens, NYApril 4, 2015
1. A short team meeting for daily update and review of any changes. start taking calls. Learned customer service, multitasking, operate different application to review customers account. Update knowledge of the product, pricing. Handle escalated situation and deescalate. making quick decision and provide consultancy about whole home service. Every calls are different so never get bored.
Enjoyed my 11 years of employment
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 4, 2015
Pros: Pay rate
Cons: Working Holidays and unrealistic corporate driving metrics
This job is not for everyone, but hard work and dedication will give you the advantage needed to be a successful employee
Great working enviroment
Account Specialist Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXApril 2, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation day, sells incentives
Cons: I feel like the quality assurance regulations were to harsh
While working for Dish there were many pros than cons. From the day you start this company has really made a effort to make sure you feel welcome and exude a positive vibe throughout the day. One of the many skills i learned while working for Dish is providing customers with world class customer service, and ensure all company customers are treated fairly.
productive and fun working place with good hours
Tech 3/Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHApril 2, 2015
Pros: when I could satisfy a customer
Cons: when I couldn't get no one out to helpa customer due to bad weather
I love learning how satlites were installed an the angles and degrees and how customers packages are put together to suite their needs and how supervisors were more then willing to help you move up and I was able to help in training classes for exsiting employees as well as new employees.
The People are the best part
Los Angeles Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Pay
I have worked in several industries all of which had difficult people to work with. Whether it was a customer, co-worker or management personnel. Since joining Dish I have seen a complete change. Everyone is nice, has time to talk to you. I've never felt rushed, unappreciated or unwanted since I began working for Dish.
great pay but requires 50+ hours a week to be achieved
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch 2 a month. always contests and prizes
Cons: poor supervisors and 50+ hours a week needed to make any kind of money. High churn rate!
fun company to work for
always contests going on
enthusiastic management
high churn rate
new training class monthly
great pay
good enviornment scattered management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COMarch 31, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch flexable attendance policy great perks
Cons: location, management
DISH was great at first, Free sat service great work hours, and a flexible attendance policy. Unfortunate they fired me for being late to my 5am shift in the negitive 12 degree weather and frozen roads.
Really ruff communication with management.
Instillation Technician level 1 (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNMarch 30, 2015
Load van. Go to first appointment. (This could change within the first 30 minuets and have you go the wrong direction. Then you were late to start your day). Never really met co-workers.
Good Interaction With Customers
Field Service Specialist (Current Employee), TexasMarch 30, 2015
Enjoy the aspect of engaging with different individuals on a daily basis. The company has had its issues with treatment of employees in the past, but there has been a complete turnaround in the last year or so. The company is really making an effort to fix those issues.
Company is trying to be Google by offering ping pong, pool table- But definetly not Google to work for
Direct Sales (Former Employee), ThorntonMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Tiers costing you most of your check if you get one can lose a lot of money
I will give Dish the credit that is due they have the superior product in the market when it comes to television, They have the best hardware and pricing when it comes to television. The problem I have with Dish is their internet they are trying to sell. It is expensive and has a lot of limitation such as data caps, cannot stream anything such as Netflix or Hulu and Xbox will not work with this product. Their pricing is double of that of other internet providers and if you don't have sell it you get docked. For people that live in Rural areas though this is the only viable option for them. Most people do not qualify credit wise when trying to buy the internet but pretty flexible when it comes to Tv.

All employees have the moto of Dish want you to do well but not too well!

People can lose a whole days worth of work by getting tiers. A tier can consist of not reading a full disclosure at the end of call. Three pages long to read by the way just for one product have to read the same disclosure for multiple products being bought. A tier could be turning two words around because every call is recorded and QA can write up multiple tiers just one call and the cost to the employee is really expensive.

Coaches and leads are great they really do like to help but keep in mind as the better you do as a sales person the better the lead does as well and get paid much much more $$$$$. Bad sales people that cost leads money are not tolerated very well. They constantly walk around trying to see what each employee is doing and if you don't get a sale you are chastised. – more... The reason most sales do not happen because lack of credit, not a dollar on a card to qualify and most sales are concluded by sales reps lying to just get the sale.

This is not google like I said in order to improve the working conditions it must start from the top and also the company must realize that people make mistakes, and they actually appear to enjoy it when you do so that they get to take a piece of your pay. I actually lost $1100 in just one week due to tiers. I received $400 in commissions that week and Dish kept $1100 for easy to make mistakes.

Pool tables and ping pong tables create a better atmosphere but be aware that you are under a microscope all they time and the other area that employees move money is if they do not work at least 50 hours a week which definetley goes against the google atmosphere as well. – less
Great experience.
Technician/Installer (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Long hours, great pay
Cons: Long hours, extreme weather conditions, pets and pests.
I really enjoyed working for Dish the 4+ years I've been employed with them. You learn a lot with the advanced technology and the experience with the customers is amazing.
productive and enjoyable
Tester (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 29, 2015
It is what you make it and it has many benefits like the fact that it is only Monday-Thursdays. It is fast paced so the day goes by so fast. Dish is a place that treat their employees like family.
It's a very challengefull work place.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE, (Former Employee), Caguas P.RMarch 29, 2015
A typical day at work was the rush of people and I learned I had to aproach as man as I could and try to do a sale with them. My co-workers were so nice, they helped me alot they taught me alot. The hardest part of the job was when I had to work with an angry customer, but I always figured out a way to understand him and just try and help him/her as best as I could. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all kind of different people.
No room for advancement
Tester II/Acting Lead (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 28, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: many
I started with this company and did not receive proper acknowledment for exceeding in all areas of employment. Management is not acceptable.
Productive environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2015
The job was fullfilling just looking to advance in other areas. It is a challenging environment that i appreaciate to the upmost.
fun
Technical Support (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 24, 2015
Dish was a fast paced career oriented place to work while I was there. They changed policies, cut pay, and run people off.
loved it
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee), Ashland, VAMarch 23, 2015
other than going to war a couple of times the army was great. i wwent all over the world and made life long friends. the pay could be better. thats all compensated by not having any bills other than the ones you create on your own

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more

DISH Salaries