DISH

DISH Employer Reviews

Sales Representative (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 20, 2014
Pros: clean office flexible with my school schedule
Cons: poor management and no breaks
Its a great place to work with when the place is set up with great people. Management lacked a little when it came to helping their employees but other then that it was a good workplace.
A day/week working for Dish
DNS Field Technician (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZMarch 20, 2014
Pros: take your vehicle home and provided cell phone to do dish business.
Cons: no benefits, poor management.
I would wake up in the morning and check my phone for jobs issued to me from the ETA Direct link. Then make proper time management decisions to adjust my day before I clocked in (which is through my phone also) go to the storage unit and pick up proper equipment for the day and extra just in case a product or piece of the whole system did'nt have a – more... malfunction...there would always be a repalacement part Call customer and let them know of my ETA, get there and start procedure of the job from my phone. then proceeded to talk to customer of what have been the the issue, whether it be a trouble call or a new connect. Affirmed my conclusions and/or dianalysis with customer, and then go on with the proper procedure. Execute the job to my fullest ability. Gave customer education.to understand how the Dish system works.

What I have learned from the working with Dish is their system, because I feel I have already had all these other qualities about my self.

Management: Hardly if even ever. Management is all in Safford. I am the only tech in Sierra Vista, Other techs come down when it is very overwhelming, such as Douglas,St David, and Bisbee.

Co-workers: Love them, like them, or in your heart have no resoect for them. Set aside personal welfare, because personal well being have not got you as far as being a professional individual.

Haredest part of the job: Not being or seeing my co-workers given the respect well so deserved, and not having any benefits, and not letting any personal time with the family. Expecting you to work on Thanksgiving,Christmas,the days before or after, do not respect government. . I know its a franchise still among building the reputation. The fourth of July and New Years Day we are allowed to take the days off officially.

Most enjoyable part of my job: Seeing the the customer smiling, knowing I did my best and explained all reason of being and the Dish products, and knowing I can leave the residence knowing they do not have a question that I didnt answer and my install was perfect. – less
Good place to work.
Tech Support (Former Employee), Alvin Tx 77511March 19, 2014
Answering phones, helping customers with bills and tech support on the dish cable boxes.. Assisting technicians with new service set up..
well paying job / very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bluewell, WVMarch 19, 2014
Pros: met some wonderful people
Cons: stress stress stress ...
Stressful well paying job... patience is something that would help

I'm stronger and smarter because of this job lol

Customer Service/ Tech/ Loyalty/ Sales calls

fear of losing job regardless of how well you perform I was a top agent and felt this way daily

met some wonderful people

hardest part of the job regardless of how well your stats are it – more... seems it's not noted what is noted is you are replaceable I hope they work on this if it wasn't for that I think the job would improve a huge deal making turnover less

You go through many supervisors I've had many that did the job and a small amount that did their job beautifully it showed in the numbers

I've learned so much from working at Dish I'm grateful for the opportunity I was given

Change is constant you must keep up with all the updated information.

you are given a huge amount of information you much learn in a short period of time their training is incredible intimidating but incredible

overtime is almost always available and a lot of times mandatory

the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I met friendships I've made and all the knowledge that was given to me – less
Poorly managed but workable schedule.
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Concord, NHMarch 19, 2014
Pros: easy work, 4 day weeks
Cons: benefits, management
A typical day at work was quite easy and enjoyable once you get the experience in but unfortunately this aspect of the job is overshadowed by the incredibly bad benefits and the always changing management. I DO NOT recommend working for this company if you need a steady job with good benefits.
Productive and fun work environment
Technical Assistance Representative (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 18, 2014
Pros: a chance to move up within the comapny
Cons: n/a
typical day at work consist of me taking about 40-80 calls and helping customer with their technical issues
Friendly environment with fun co-workers
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: sales bonuses, free food, large break rooms, discounts, excellent pay
Cons: stressful at times with customers, attendance policy needs to be revised.
Dish is an excellent place to meet exciting & outgoing people. I have learned a lot from working there by being more communicative with others. Strive to meet and exceed set goals. Work well in a team environment.
Great opportunity where I learned a lot of knowledge over sales and marketing.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Crown Point, INMarch 17, 2014
• Compiled individualized marketing plan to create a new market niche for company
• Projected company sales potential by analyzing sales reports from past years
• Assisted marketing department in generating new customer leads
• Developed a direct-mail piece sent to potential clients
• Organized an on-site event in the regional area collecting listener – more... names, handing out promotional materials, and setting up a remote broadcast with x Rock 103.9 – less
Great opportunities for advancement
IT Manager III - PMO Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 15, 2014
Great opportunities for advancement
Advanced technology
Teamwork environment
Always exploring cutting edge
Interesting and fast moving business
Stressful and non-ethical
Operations Analyst I (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 14, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: bad benefits
The rules are changing per se; when a team loses a person, his/her duties are re-assigned to the rest of the team and the management is not willing to fulfill the position. The co-workers are friendly at the most of the time; however, some of them are not afraid to stub a knife in your back. Luckily, there are just a few people like that I faced personally.
Dish Network
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Monmouth Junction NJMarch 13, 2014
Dish network is understaffed, and isn't following proper safety guidelines for their employees.
Typical Job
Tester (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 13, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: supervision
I would not recommend this job to anyone. Thry are not a company that promotes on what you know. It is more of who you know.
Micro-managed from the top down
Technician (Current Employee), TexasMarch 12, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: meeting set goals is not good enough
Constantly changing goals.
Held responsible for things completely out of your control. Example: you get assigned a job and the customer calls in to cancel before you route on it, that counts against your completion rate.
awesome call center
Sales Representative (Former Employee), pine brookMarch 12, 2014
• Ranked 10 out of 300 employees by delivering outstanding sales.
• Obtained life time customers by demonstrating effective selling strategies, delivering presentations, and closing incoming sales calls.
• Cultivated new business and referrals by conducting prospect research and providing customers with solutions based on solid product knowledge.
A fun working environment
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHMarch 12, 2014
Pros: occasional bbq and employee appreciation days, often times free food, recieved top dish network package free as an employee.
Cons: so much training to be done in little time.
This is quite possibly my favorite over all.

It was a fun environment, co-workers were friendly and entertaining. Often times you could have a friendly game of catch with a foam football if it was a slow day at work while you were waiting to take the next call that came into the system.

If you are a sports fan then you enjoyed game day/night as there – more... are multiple tv's throughout the facility that was always airing the big event.

The management team was friendly enough and always made sure that your training was up-to-date as equipment and services were always changing within the company. – less
Great productive people all around
Tester (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great lunch, great benefits
great management, great break times, great benefits, always great pay rates, and free cable
Laid-off Nov. 2013
Field Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2014
I was laid-off from Dish Network Nov. 2013. The pay was very good. I would have still been there if the department wasn't closed. Never really felt secure there and the lay-off proved my intuition was correct
Long Hours and Nothing New
WareHouse (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 10, 2014
Waking up at 4:30 in the morning Friday, Saturday and Sunday just to be at by 5:00 am. The experience was a good one. I did in fact learn a lot but just doing the same process day by day became over whelming.
Great place to work and learn
Trainer / Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFMarch 8, 2014
Preparing tools to train 25 new hires in customer service, sales and tech support
What you learned
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), South El Monte, CAMarch 7, 2014
I learn how to be responsible and customer service from Domino's. I also learn how a business is ran inside and out i started as a driver and move on the become a Assistant manager.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more