DISH
1,245 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

sucks
Installation Tech (Former Employee), canton ohFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: sucks
Cons: sucks
work you all the time and don't want to pay you for your travel time and some jobs you do not a good job always on the go for no money
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Overall great place to work for. 30% discount for associates. Although management wasn't the best, the company itself is fun to work for. Daily tasks consisted of helping customers find what they wanted, handling cash transactions, making sure the store was clean, and sales quotes were met. Overall great atmosphere and would work for them again.
Cable and Satellite Installer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: work schedule.
Its a good place to work with many benefits. Four day work week and one weekend day off. only bad thing is the long hour days
team work
QA Specialist (Former Employee), Denver COFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: short break and lunch
It was a good place to work as a team work. I have learned a lot by self taught at Dish. Its a place to start your basic salary job while you are preparing your career.
Mostly open and friendly atmosphere; Ping Pong and foosball avail;
Advanced Tech Support (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHFebruary 10, 2015
The majority of co workers were friendly and willing to help others. At least once a month, we'd have some kind of event that involved a free lunch or such.
Competitive Pay, but not easy work
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), College Point, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: 4 10hr days
Cons: health benefits, work in all weather conditions
As a manager I was compensated great. I worked 4 10hr days. My manger was a big issue. Made my work life dreafull most days. Everyone else was great to work with.

Health benefits are terrible. Very high deductibles. 5k for 2 or more people (insane)
bad place
outbound tech support (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAFebruary 9, 2015
worst place to work, if you don't have any problem and you keep quite then your fine but if anything happen with family or you, they will not work with you and will fired you.
great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Alvin, TXFebruary 9, 2015
call center is constantly hiring, but yet just reduced hours of operation. does not put you at ease while you work. has not kept a site director, even, for the last two years.
Fun environment but Unstable operations and Management
Customer Service Rep/Tech Support/Team Lead (Former Employee), Mill Run Rd Hilliard Ohio 43026February 8, 2015
Pros: had a few incentives and perks, atmosphere was pleasant and fun...
Cons: work schedule changes, seniority not acknowledged, salary raises
The atmosphere was very positive, in most cases, however it was the procedures and operations and overall management that, unfortunately took the air out of the sails (metaphorically speaking), also the instability of work scheduling that cause a lot of disarray and conflict...
Co workers, team leads, and some of our supervisors were great to work with, the environment was always fun..
The most difficult part of the job was the change in either policy, or procedure, and the time it took for transition, plus training was mediocre at best..
Opportunity for advancement was difficult depending on timing, reputation, and availability, skills may apply based on the department, however in any situation dealing with promotion, scheduling, and raises, seniority was not factored or acknowledged when it came time for review...
fun and educational, saw the world
Installer /Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
repaired and took care of equipment to keep ship moving to destinations all over the world Maintained oil lab cleaning the fuel for ship engine consumption and on and off loaded fuel
A challenging and reewarding place to work
DNS Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great incentive program
Cons: to many days off
An all around great environment to work and grow and a person both mentally and socially. Management and other aspects of being employed at Dish are at a bar set real high. Would recommend Dish to anyone looking for a meaningful employment.
A great work experience
assisting customers (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXFebruary 5, 2015
handling calls fixing issues customers might have had. also explaining in detail their billing. selling new products or upgrading their packaging.
Good coworkers, help me out when i was in trouble
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Harleyville SCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: lunch, drinks, and gifts cards
Cons: shorts brakes
At this job i learn how to make subs and keep things in order,also i had to keep up with the money at the end of the day so its also made me responsible.
Good start, room for growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Flushing, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Great way to build up to a career, you can advance quickly and earn a hefty paycheck based on overtime. I would recommend working here.
Blockbuster was a great work environment.
Shift Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Oglethorpe, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: enjoyable co-workers and environment
Cons: the business closed.
Working at Blockbuster as an associate and the Dish Representative was not stressful even though there was a quota to meet. Co-workers were more like family.
It's okay
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2015
It's basically the same as any other customer service job, answering telephones, and listening to the customer ramble on about their bill, or their service. I honestly didn't mind this job.
Productive and hard working environment
Tester 1 (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: pay, over time opportunity
Cons: short breaks, no ac, no smoking at all on property
At Dish I worked Monday-Thursday 12 hrs Shifts. In Receiving Department Where I was required to unload trucks, use pallet jacks to move and prepare receivers to production. Also I Clarified Products into company system in order to be received. Clarifying was fast-paced, I scanned 73 units per hr ( the average rate was 62 units.) I enjoyed Dish Network because of the warehouse atmosphere. Working Hard, Constantly having task to complete was not only fun but rewarding. I did learn at Dish that I cannot get frustrated with the co-workers who don't want to work. I believe in going to work and doing my job. I understand now everyone does not have the same work ethic. The hardest part of my job was the first 2 weeks. getting used to no A.C. and strenuous work was hard . though at the end of the day the most enjoyable part of my job was walking to my car at the end of my shift, Soaked in sweat, uniform beyond dirty, and every muscle in my body soar. But from that I knew I gave 100%, worked as hard, and did my Job.
Fun fun fun
Satellite Installer (Former Employee), Jackson TnJanuary 30, 2015
Installing satellite TV for customers. A typical day at dish is service call, install 1 room then 2 room and then another service call.
Tester (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 30, 2015
Overall my experience here was ok. I enjoyed my co-workers. They were always helpful and full of energy. The management team could use some work.
Great place to learn about Satelite TV industry
Customer Service Specialist II; Certified Tech (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free perks
Cons: management not educated or trained to assist employees
This was a great place to learn how Satelite TV works with consumers. The work environment was a call center with poor management teams. The training was inconsistent from team to team. The hardest part was dealing with poor management styles. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with their questions about technical side of the operations of their equipment and their bill.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more