DISH
1,359 reviews

DISH Employee Reviews

exacting culture;
Operations Specialist III (Former Employee), Englewood, COMay 6, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: benifits
the company is focused on the organizations interests. creates an atmosphere of competition to increase productivity. great co-workers. feels like there is a division between upper management and the rest of their employees.
Extremely stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 6, 2015
Taking inbound calls from potential customers wanting information on packages and promotions currently going on. Lots of mandatory overtime and strange hours depending on what team you are on.
Great Training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thornton, Co.May 5, 2015
I loved working at Dish. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They let us work on our own, but we were closely monitored to ensure that we were doing our job correctly.
install dish system
Field Service Technician Level lll (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 5, 2015
reviewed installation specification, building permits, manufacturers instructions to determine installation site. replace and repair defective parts.installation for residential and commercial accounts throughout Houston
stay away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pine Brook, NJMay 4, 2015
Pros: the only pro was the day I handed in my resignation
Cons: low pay, horrible management, TERRIBLE HUMAN RESOURCES
This place was toxic, went from an international call center to a sales center. They stopped focusing on quality and just focused on selling
Vote worst place to work for a reason.
Field Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 4, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, outdoor working.
Cons: Management
After being robbed on the job management didn't care about anything other than what was lost. When talking to the Manager and being told that if I can't work a day after being struck in the head with a concussion that I may need a new job, I left.
alright
Outbound Calls/ Sales (Former Employee), Cherry Creek, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: 0
Cons: no free lunch
built up amazing rebuttals. Enjoyable team building parties and exercises. typical day see if people would like to upgrade to Showtime/HBO etc.
expected to sell to many things
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2015
long hours, pay is fair, they have some great people working there but, don't support staff enough. tools, uniforms, and work van with supplies is provided
great place to work
Satellite Dish Installer (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAApril 30, 2015
Pros: good pay and 4-10's work weeks
Cons: some jobs would be very difficult to locate always in traffic
great memories with dish net work great co-workers upper management seemed fair great pay and work week 4-10's and good benefits i Have a great time working there
Technician (Current Employee), Danville, VAApril 29, 2015
Dish Network is not an average job. It requires a very special kind of person to be able to take up the kind of responsibility that a technician does on the daily basis.
Its a job
FSS1 Technician (Former Employee), californiaApril 29, 2015
Pros: working in field mostly alone, always work you will get your 40 hours
Cons: long days, bad work life balance, company not open to new ideas. its their way or no way
long days. rules and standards change week to week. what is required today is considered going against company policy tomorrow. dish stresses that it is an evolving company, by that it means literally everything is constantly changing. definitely not a job for everybody. requires you to devote a lot of time to the company. required to work mandatory overtime often meaning 5 to 6 10 hour days per week. lots of work in crawlspaces under homes as well as other tight spaces. my manager was pretty easy going but logistics trickle down to the field worker level requiring your "numbers" to meet standards that depending on your personality will either be easy for you to reach or nearly impossible.
It's good in the beginning
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee), Hayward, CAApril 29, 2015
Yes there is advancement in this company. Few cents in raise annually if you perform well. But towards the end, they have too much expectation from employees. We are technicians, we did not sign up to sell stuff to our customers.
it was an enjoyable work enviorment
Tester 1 (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 27, 2015
we assembled and disasembled ricevers to insure the quality of our product and if any defect was found it was fixed within our best knowledge.I learned that the best way for someone to improve its own skills and work trough healthy challenge within other employees. Management was always there to assist its employees and there was always good inspiration to keep the good work and improve it.The most enjoyable part of the work was the people i met trough my days working for Dish.
Terrible. Avoid this job
Technician (Former Employee), Scottsbluff, NEApril 27, 2015
I worked here for about a year. It starts off great, but quickly turns into one of the most demanding and difficult jobs that you could ever do. I was a remote technician and the fact that they are paid the same as metro techs is insane. There is so much more responsibility involved.
Toxic Culture
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 26, 2015
Cons: Terrible leadership, lacks professionalism, no work-life balance, zero respect for employees
Understand that Dish Network does not care at all about its employees.

As hard as I have worked and as loyal as I was for the many years of service at Dish Network, they do not reciprocate any loyalty. Employees are truly expendable and they are treated as such.

All levels of management at Dish Network are as unprofessional as any work place that I have been apart of. From emotional tirades to angry explosions with no concern of professionalism, Dish's leadership lacks all that it takes to be truly be respected as a professional environment.

There is no trust, respect for people or work-life balance within the walls of Dish Network.

Beware, Dish Network is poisonous, toxic, and offers no appropriate mentoring or advancement. Due to the lack of quality leadership, I did not grow as a professional.

Dish Network truly does earn the label of "worst place in America to work," as given by GlassDoor.com

Its unfortunate, its a Colorado company that truly does not care about the community or its people.
Great compensation and benefits -Poor hours and oppurtunities
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: great training, compensation, and benefits
Cons: poor hours, advancement opportunities, with stressful hard workload
I enjoyed my time working as a technician directly for Dish Network. (not a contractor) Our work schedules consisted of 4 days straight a week typical scheduled from 7am - 5pm - however they typically lasted much longer on average I would be back at the office around 7 but occasionally I'd be out as late as 10pm. Its all dependent on their workload which in my area was extremely high as well as having a high turn over rate of the technicians. We worked all Holidays and received time and a half for it. However requesting off was not something that you can do. Your scheduled time is just that its what you work or don't work at all. Also advancing is a nearly impossible task. Its based on many different factors that your rated on which is a good idea on paper but in reality a lot of those factors while your in the field boil down more to luck and experience rather than skill or work ethic. My suggestion is only be a technician if your very well fit and can handle a stressful environment and the hours they impose on you. It isn't for your everyday person with a family. Find a better career this is more than less a temporary position for many people for good reason.
very stressful workplace
SATELITE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), atlanta gaApril 24, 2015
Pros: free cable
Cons: management
very stressful workplace with to many demands and also want you to be sales rep as well as technician this is definitely a temporary job this job is also physically demanding and i mean very physically demanding
DESKTOP SUPPORT
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), HOUSTON, TEXASApril 23, 2015
DESKTOP SUPPORT FOR THE COMPANY AND REMOTE USERS. MAINTAINED AND REPAIRED ALL COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AS WELL AS NETWORK AND WIRELESS NETWORK.
Customer Service at it's best
Customer Service, Telco Partner Trained (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHApril 22, 2015
Pros: Promotions
Cons: Pay
Dish Network is the type of organization that strives to promote within. They have a very strong work ethic and encourage employee interaction.
Tough place to thrive. Be cautious of new CEO (Ergen) that his values are in alignment with your professional preferences
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Plenty of opportunity to make a difference
Cons: Little development of its staff. Rare evidence of management's appreciation of a job well done.
Poorly communicated strategies on how the business wants to achieve unknown business objectives. Very little internal movement of staff between business units to grow its rank and file.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more

DISH Salaries