DISH
1,284 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

Terrible
Installer/sales (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: Work with good people
Cons: Everything else
Worst company ever. First off you don't get any sick day until you have worked there for two years. Mind you, work (drive) in the worst weather conditions. They force you to sell products and if you don't, you can be terminated. I for one refuse to try to sell products to people who cannot afford them and considering I was always in poor neighborhoods I really didn't sell much. Don't plan on having off any weekends. That is for the guys who have been there for years. There benefits are a joke. Do yourself a favor and don't apply.
Dish Network
CSC Operations Manager (Current Employee), Alvin, TXMarch 12, 2015
A fast paced, frequently changing business. The overall company direction is focused on growing the business in many areas.
Okay place to work at
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 10, 2015
• Maintained accurate inventory and equipment for installations, service calls, or trouble tickets
• Determined the best positioning of equipment for strongest signal reception
• Placed mounts, satellite dishes, and receivers while ensuring broadband connectivity
• Reviewed orders with the customers to teach them to use their new service and equipment
• Verified that completed orders met customers needs
Agents are nice to eachother, anyone over team lead does not care for you at all.
Customer Service Represenitive (Current Employee), Hilliard, ohioMarch 8, 2015
Pros: gym membership (you cant take home or anything but its free) ), free tshirts from showtime and hbo
Cons: upper management keeps everyone out because everyone is sleeping with eachother, if ypur looking to advance and dont kiss butt your barking up wrong tree, pay is horrible for the mental abuse
Its like high school. You have to kiss butt to make it anywhere in the company. You take surveys about the company cause they know they arent a good place to work for. Customers are allowed to call you and your whole family out of their names. There is nothing to protect you from the verbal abuse if you hang up your fired. If uou be quiet your fired and if you agree with them your fired! Not worth it the menal/verbal abuse is not worth it. Alot of agents in the last couple weeks have quit and alot more are talking about walking out. Contsct us around the corner are accepting agents asap looks like alot are going there
Tester I (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 8, 2015
Cons: no flexible hours, long shifts
: 2 year production floor and smart card department experience; tested satellite receivers through a official finishing process; oversaw cosmetic part of receivers , correcting any defects; accounted, scanned and issued smart cards for associates; scanned between 8000 – 12000 smart cards daily; oversaw inventory
The hardest part of this job was having a flexible schedule.
its ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), alvin txMarch 6, 2015
Pros: ping pong table, 1 hour break you get to sit
Cons: short breaks, cant use batroom often rude customers micro managing
the pay rate isnt good a job you need if you have to have some income or if you are in a bind a good job for a teen, if you get on a good team its not so bad. win alot of promotional items,
Enjoy the job-- Management needs help
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 5, 2015
I enjoy the job & helping others. I believe that my true strength is in Customer Service. My job requires many hours of sitting and taking incoming calls with stats that are unreasonable, for anyone. Loyalty Department handles the calls and wants to save every customer. In regards to management, it seems like they forgot what its like to take care of the employees and the customers. The sick time and the attendance policies, really needs revision. They lost perspective.
We all need positive feedback & areas we need to improve on. I personally enjoy my job & what it has to offer for now but always looking to better myself.
N/A
tech (Current Employee), knoxville tnMarch 4, 2015
this company is getting by with the least as possible cutting pay and the people that help us the most is people in the office and now they are not their..they dont know how to manage their money
Great place to work at with great benefits
Retention Account Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2015
Dish Network has a lot of opportunities for growth and is a great place to take advantage of sales/upselling benefits. Dish prepares and teaches it's employees about the technology available to customers, how to operate, and new options available in the future.
They need to train there management better
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Alvin, TXMarch 4, 2015
the hours suck and the days off are during the week and they never change, we have to work every holiday. you have to meet ridiculous time schedules
Not a happy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COMarch 3, 2015
VERY long hours, they demand a lot, you will be in very hot conditions in attics and crawlspaces, sometimes filthy homes with dead animals under the house, snakes, and poisonous spiders. Ladders are dangerous, they expect you to drive when roads are bad sometimes too (they have classes that tell you not to drive on them, yet it is a catch 22 when they have a point system for your raises with completion percentages, etc.). Don't expect much of a raise at all ever. It was awful. But yes, if you need a job, it is a job and the pay isn't terrible at least. At least it isn't minimum wage.
pool table and kitchen
Tech Support (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 3, 2015
talk on the phone all day. Sometimes get extra training we received breaks, i learn how to fix a tv if its a black blue snown screen and also remote. i enjoyed the people i worked with
Good team but company and management were not great
Lead Website Developer/Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 2, 2015
Great product to work on and I enjoyed the team I worked with. However, after being a lead for 4 years, I was never promoted to a higher title and didn't feel that my work was valued.

Great experience if you are looking to gain corporate experience.
Dish
Installation Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 1, 2015
Pros: growth
Cons: n/a
• Administered daily productivity activities of the Installation department.
• Assisted upper management and business partners within Dish Network organization on such problems as expansions, cost reductions and community development.
• Supervised and coordinated activities of workers engaged in installing, troubleshooting, and customer care for local customers.
• Studied production schedules and estimated worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
• Directed and coordinated activities concerned with acquisition of automotive equipment, operation, maintenance of automotive fleet repair and storage facilities for DNS Memphis office.
High Stress with a side of satisfaction
Customer Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Littleton, COFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: fairly good pay; decent benefits
Cons: too much emphasis on meeting arbitrary goals.
A typical day has customers calling in with technical issues, disputing charges and/or contracts, and all around customer support (mostly billing).

Management is easily approachable, and for the most part has your back...for the most part.

Hardest part of the job is listening to people's sob stories/excuses and not being able to call them out on it. Most enjoyable part is the camaraderie that most teams have amongst themselves.
Dish
Senior Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: the freedom
Cons: pay and not a team enviroment
Overall I enjoy the job itself however dish is a company that doesn't believe in compensating the inventory team for the contributions that they put forward. Such as I technically managed my warehouse and inventory procedures, while making less than a starting technician that didn't even know how to put together a dish.
great atmosphere with a great boss
Field Resource Coordinator/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Roseland, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: fun place
Cons: not much room for advancement
easy job with a lot of great people. i learned a lot about the insurance business. they teach you a lot of things about the business
Very productive organization with challenging tasks.
Professional Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Monroe, LAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: independent work with your own van
Cons: encounters with snakes and other animals or rodents.
I would say Dish Network was my favorite job of all. I love to be out on my own independently, helping others to smile and be relieved of any technical problems that they were having. I kept my van organized with the correct equipment needed for the tasks. A typical day would be about 5 or 6 jobs varying from Trouble calls, new installments, upgrades, to dish moves. My priority was quality and time limits. If I were in need of help, the Technicians had phone numbers to office and other technicians that were out on the field, and if available they would come lend a hand. Hardest part of the job would be going under trailers without light to run cable, but it was pretty easy and fun for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how happy the customers were after fixing any problems and asking if there was anything else that needed done.
Great Learning Experience
Analyst/ Developer I (Current Employee), Englewood CoFebruary 26, 2015
Learned lot of new technologies like groovy, scala. Got acquainted with Agile work environment. Management is very supportive.
Typical IT Department
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: there were many perks from network providers
Cons: heathcare, pay, and long hours
Dish Network was an overall good place to work. I worked at the corporate facility in Englewood, CO for the IT Project Management office. There was definitely room for improvement with regard to the applications, systems and processes, but it was what you would expect from any major enterprise IT department. They are keeping the lights on, while maintaining a consistent upgrade schedule to keep up with other competitors in the industry.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more

DISH Salaries