DISH
1,042 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

Worst job i've had in a long time.
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: meeting lots of people
Cons: management, pay, overall company
Was with the company for 3 months and didn't even break even.
They give all the good jobs to who they like and everyone else sits at home making no money.
They make it sound like you are your own boss and the more you work,the more money you make...it's the complete opposite..you get what they give you and if you havn't been there for years you won't – more... get the jobs.
When i quit they deducted money out of every job i had done for 3 weeks..what should have been an easy $600+ check was $80..
Very disappointed and don't recommend them to anyone. – less
taking customer service calls
customer service (Former Employee), Thornton, COSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: laid back enviorment
Cons: high turn over rate
answering calls , billing , service issues .The hardest part is needing help and not be able to find any .I didn like my co workers
my work experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2014
I gain a lot of experience with them. I work on a call center and I know now how to manage better with the customer. Management was pretty good, treat the employes really fair. The hardest part of the job was every time a mad customer call, most enjoyable part of the job every time you give good customer service and at the end the customer thanks you – more... for it. – less
Not a bad place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2014
The job isn't hard, very easy at that, they give a script to go off of and everything. I would say the group managers are very sensitive.
outstanding workplace
TECHNICIAN INSTALLER/LEAD TECH/COMMERCIAL TECH (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2014
very good benefits,lovely work env all those who worked for dish would say the same.
Nice place to work
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: full time hours
Cons: poor health benefits
competitive atmosphere but also very kind, teamwork was very important in meeting daily goals
Stay Away
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits for new hires. including 80 hours of vacation, 401k
Cons: described above
I have had two years of experience in the manufacturing center in El Paso, TX within multiple departments: Engineering, Test Engineering, production, IT, and maintenance.

Management in all departments is poorly chosen and there is very little qualifications required of any kind. The result is poor managers and a large unmotivated work force. The managers – more... have no idea what they or their employees are supposed to be doing. They are only there to collect a paycheck and attempt to get raises. They never give credit to their workers and will gladly step on any workers to go on up. This may seem like other workplaces, but here it seems as though it is encouraged to screw over workers out of a decent pay.

The Performance Appraisal system is a complete joke. Every department has to put their employees on a standard bell curve and choose which employees to put on probation and which to give a raise. This never works and as usual the newer employees get screwed and the older employees get a minimal raise (3-6%).

If Dish would fix these problems. (These are corporate and human resource issues.) Then it wouldn't be that bad to work here.

My advice. If you need the job (Engineers, Management, Production, Technicians) take it and do not stop applying at other places. You will be wasting your efforts hoping for a "just" raise. – less
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Garland, OKSeptember 8, 2014
The company made sure to give opportunities for growth and development. If you wanted to grow within the company, you took the chances. The people were great, well organized. I enjoyed working there.
helping people
TSR III and Trainer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 7, 2014
helping people fix their problems.
helping new hires,
a great bunch of people to work with.
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Every day is a different day always learning new things. Easy to get along with co-workers and management with the ability to communicate.
Friendly Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHSeptember 5, 2014
It was not a great job fit for me personally
I do enjoy the call center environment
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: customer service skills
Cons: sitting at the desk
The days at work are long and extended, ive learned how to deal with customers with rude attitudes and nice customers. Technical support was another positive learning experence for me. The hardest part of the job was sitting at the desk the whole shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to deal with the customers in a professional – more... manner. – less
Company out of business in McKeesport, PA location
Repair Specialist (Former Employee), McKeesport, PASeptember 2, 2014
Inbound calls to help customers use their systems properly or to help them restore service if could be done without a service call which included a tech fixing issue on site of residence. Hardest part of position was mandatory changes in scheduling every 3 months.
driving to different places and meeting different kinds of people
Contractor-Installer (Former Employee), sunnyvale txSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: i enjoy going out of town on trips with the company
Cons: working on hot roofs
A typical day at work would be getting your printed jobs and loading your van with all the equipment that you would for that day and start calling your customers to let them know that you will be installing there services that day. On this job we would have our managers to call us from time to time to check on us and make sure that we had everything – more... we needed to preform for that days task. One of the hardest things for me about this job was working on hot roofsfor long period of times of the day. What I enjoyed must about this job was being able to go on out of town trips with the company and see different states and city. – less
Okish Job
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Flushing, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Very fast paced when answering phones. You really learn to multitask from this job. Management is friendly but sometimes hard to get along with when you need something and the management won't work with you. Hardest part of the job is that you have to do more and more and you know that your pay is not increasing.
stressful
Help Desk/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Flushing, NYAugust 31, 2014
stressful place to work. So many tasks given everyday and expected to be completed on time
great managers lots of customer interaction
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: working in the weather
fun job learned a lot about satellite systems and how they operate. I got a lot of customer service experience
Call Center
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Thornton, COAugust 29, 2014
Cons: call center
Dish is just awful....theyre ALWAYS hiring because workers get treated like scum and walk out.
Productive and workplace.
CSR (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: discount on cable
Cons: short breaks
Enjoyed working with co-workers. Good supervisor that showed good leadership.
dish
Satellite TV Technician / Installer (Former Employee), Mokena, ILAugust 27, 2014
installed dish satellite cable

the hardest part of the job was finding a clear line of sight for the satellite signal.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more