DISH
1,202 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

Worst company ever
Technician (Current Employee), CTJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free tv
Cons: everything
micro managed, horrible benefits, mandatory ot when needed by company or no work if company doesnt need you, bad work life balance. Bonus structure is a joke. daily events beyond your control make this job a living he*l and your expected to control things beyond your control. My advice to anyone who ends up at dish is to find another job quickly because eventually you will be fired for things that you can't control. Upper management has to start listening to employees instead of blaming them for everything.
fun enviroment
Salesperson (Former Employee), Villa Park,ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: stressful
fun environment, yet very hectic when it came down to communication and all the stress. Not a lot of people came to that mall. There was a lot of customer issues with previous employees and I had to fix it. work everyday with no hourly pay just commission.
Difficult management but great competitive workforce spirit
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pinebrook NJJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: co-workers and the competitive culture
Cons: management
A typical day at Dish Network was pretty fun and productive. We had a very competitive culture, and that allowed us to work as hard as possible to sell. And that usually resulted in either the growth of your sales and money or your termination from the company. I learned that there are many ways given the space and opportunity to Grow in a company.
The management was pretty stern and made the workplace stressful but our supervisors made it easier to with along with my co-workers
the hardest part of the job was dealing with the management and their nit picking on how we made a sale, they made it seem as if they better we got at selling the product the more there was to worry about.
my co-workers were the best part of the job. We all supported and competed with one another to make our lives there better
productive fun workplace
Satellite installer and troubleshooter (Former Employee), madison gaJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free range
great place to work coworkers were fun to be around great management and great pay starting out
Horrible company!
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great people at local site!
I sold my lucrative lawn care business and took a job with dish in September as an Ops Manager...upon arriving at the site, one of my new employees asked if I had researched the company prior to taking job. Before I could answer he told of a survey that revealed dish as worst company to work for as voted by employees 2 years in a row. I shrugged it off....should not have as it turned out to be true!
After completing a rigorous 2 week tech training program, I assumed leadership of the site. I quickly got buy in and had the site poised to become a leader in the company stats.
Then, just 7 weeks into the job, a corporate reorg bumped out of a job! I know the company knew this was coming, so why was I hired? I uprooted my life with a relocation, and left family behind! I incurred thousands of $$$ in expense, and was left to pay it all!
I am now unemployed and in search of a new career...DISH sucks!...
Dish net
DishNET Wireline Customer Care Specialist II (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 11, 2015
The job is very is to work for when there aren't take downs but the lack of help and assents that you need to complete a job there is very slim team lead and coach's are never around for assistants and is very is to get fired there but if you can get passed that and learn the job and not need help the job is well worth it to and extent
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: upset customers
I answered inbound calls and answered questions about billing and technical problems. Supervisors and staff very friendly.
Learned how to sell to a different market.
Bilingual Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: meet new people at work
Cons: stressful
Always be closing! That is the mission and that is your bonus.
A great candidate!
Call center representative (Former Employee), Alvin, TXJanuary 9, 2015
I love to work and be around others, I'm also adaptable to almost all situations. If former co-worker and managers had to describe I believe it be as follows; dependable, hard-working, personable, and patient.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service/Loyalty Agent (Former Employee), Bluefield WVJanuary 7, 2015
My job was very fast paced but I really enjoyed helping my customers with technical issues with their sattelite. I was also able to help my customers on their accounts, if they could not pay their full bill or wished to add or remove a product from their account.
Not a good place to work at all.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: everything else
Managers are not qualified to lead. Employees not treated properly. There is very limited room for growth. Nepotism runs ramped. Anyone that has integrity is shunned.
Terrible
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: the bonds you make with a few decent people.
Cons: everything but the 1 pro mentioned above.
I worked at Dish for 2 years as an ISP.
This job was terrible, the policy's changed daily, literally. ISP's are the bottom of the bottom at DISH, they are expected to run the shop while getting paid nothingness. We are the 1st ones in and the last ones out, yet we get paid the least and are treated terrible.

Since technically we don't have a manager, you report to the District Manager, or OM, depending on who wins the war out of the 2.

Seriously though, this job isn't worth it.
fun work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hillard,OHJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: seeing people leve the sheleter getting there own place
Cons: never expect to make a lot of money doing this type of work
I come in to work make my rounds see if my employees need anything or have any concerns, then I make my way to engage with our guest. mid way through the shift I view cameras and footage from time I wasn't there at the job. I believe the hardest part of my job is making sure everyone has heart and care for the job and just not there for a check.
No Advancement Terrible Management,impossible goals
Technical Support/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Christiansburg, VAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: cheap tv
Cons: healthcare, pay, management
Think twice before you accept a job. It is good if you just want to make some money while looking for something else, but if you do accept the job keep applying at other places the day will come when you wished you had. They force you to try and sell things, make you lie to customers, you take constance abuse from customers and cant do anything about it. If someone is cussing you out on the phone you have to sit and take it, if they are talking nasty to you. You have to sit and take it. You have no one on your side, the management does nothing but group up and talk about everyone, and are rarely there to help you.
What have you done for me lately..
Field Service Technician I (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: long hours, sometimes holidays, communication between departments not good at times
I really don't have that bad of an opinion of the company overall. However, there is a "what have you done for me lately" mentality with dish. As they say on the mob movies you are only as good as your last envelope. It would be better if they taught more advanced sales techniques to the field service specialist. The job itself is good, demanding at times.. Your work day starts @7:30 am goes until the last job is completed. There are times when you will work 12+ hrs a day. You may work holidays too depending on what shift you are on. The other guys you work with are for the most part friendly and helpful..
You get free Dish
Technical support (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJanuary 2, 2015
The hours for this company are not ideal, however you are provided with free dish network which is a benefit.
Its a factory.
Technician 1 (Current Employee), Watsontown, PADecember 31, 2014
Like I stated above its a factory. Your gonna work long hours and make little money but its a rewarding blue collar lifestyle. We weren't told how much overtime we were gonna get till the day before. overall the company was good to me and i advanced just about as far as i could in under 4 years. Its like anything you get what you put in.
Fun place to work with great customer and technology interaction.
Field Technician (Current Employee), Florence SCDecember 31, 2014
Pros: allows customer interaction and for the employee to be the face of the company
Cons: not very many advancement opportunities.
Fun job that allows customer interaction and sales.

Requires ordering receiving and inventory tracking.

Remote Technicians work out of their homes and report to the office once a week. Promotes independence and responsibility to control your own operations. Allows for interaction with management when needed but not at all times.
productive workplace.
Tester 1 (Former Employee), spartanburg, scDecember 30, 2014
For the most part the work was fairly easy, I just wish I could have changed some things especially with my first manager but once I was under new management I really enjoyed working there.
A lot of responsibility and ability to learn
IT Manager III (Current Employee), Englewood, CODecember 30, 2014
Pros: people, ability to learn
Cons: work life balance
Dish offers the ability to learn a lot and have a lot of responsibility. The people we work around are amazing!

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more