DISH Employee Reviews

fun
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 8, 2017
Dish was a great place to work, the problem with the hours and forcing the shift changes with short notice for indefinite periods. people asked for certain shifts and it was always the opposite of what you requested.
The most relaxing job i have ever had.
Customer Service/ Loyalty (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 7, 2017
Dish has great training system, they are very supportive of their employees. They provide many options for work schedules. there are many perks to working there including discounts on service and a fun work space.
Pros
great discounts on service
it's ok
Retention Specialist/Call Center (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 7, 2017
it's ok. I hate their attendance policy. makes it difficult to manage work life and personal life. overall it's okay place to work. management are very supportive.
benefits
Cons
don't earn any sick or paid time off. too stressful worrying about their points
stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVNovember 7, 2017
long hours and horrible customers. inconsistent scheduling now that its "preference" based. Constantly changing supervisors and work stations. If rude comments and people screaming at you don't bother you, this is the job for you.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
customers and 10 hours of talking on the phone
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VANovember 7, 2017
Take inbound calls daily, take payments, explain billing, help with technical issues. Good benefits and descent pay, preference scheduling is iffy. Not bad over all
Pros
Long lunchs, metric rewards, almost free tv
Cons
Schedules, no doctor notes accepted
Pretty cool job
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2017
It’s what you make of it here at dish. I made met some wonderful people here, my coach andtL was cool, if you do good you will be able to move up. For the amount of calls I do think they pay pretty low... Got a lot of food, bonuses, and different schedules to pick from. Able to watch tv while working on the phones .. wasn’t to bad of a job ....especially if ur team/building hitting the mark and doing good ..
Pros
Flexible schedules, discounts, culture
Cons
Pay, high volume of calls(no time off phones rlly)
Local office had great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 7, 2017
At the local office level the people were great. I enjoyed working with them everyday. We all were in it together and would tackle anything in our path.
Pros
Coworkers and discounted TV
Cons
Director and above manaegment are out of touch
relax fun
Customer service/technical support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2017
expect a lot of inbound customer service calls about billing and payment and also equipment. take about 60-80 calls day you will be given an proper training and resources
Pros
upsells incentives
Cons
hours
Sales.. sales.. sales or all else fails.
Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Harrison, ARNovember 6, 2017
Technicians need not apply. The company would rather you have sales skills over technical. Dollar per work order metric is the only concern of management.
Pros
4 day work week, benefits and customers
Cons
Long hours with no breaks, sales pressure and management principles
Csr
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 6, 2017
Working for DISH is stressful as any call center job can be, but with DISH its more so due to the fact that management doesn't care about you as a person, all that matters is metrics. There is no job security and room for advancement is lackluster. Working for DISH would be a last option if you have other call centers you can work for.
sell,,sell,,sell,,that says it all
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 6, 2017
i spent my whole time driving 45 to 1.5 hours to next job,,,and they wanted us to make sales only,,,,didnt matter if you couldnt work very good,,,,mgt was stressing me out too,,,,never will i go back
Pros
tv
Cons
everything
Your life is dish
Dish Network T2 Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 6, 2017
your schedule revolves around dish, your job is held over your head if you have any issues whatsoever, benefits are poor and dont cover mental health.
it was an ok job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 6, 2017
It was nothing special. It wasn't too stressful, but the hours and days that I was given did not allow me to see my daughter during the weekend, when I had her.
I was delusional
On the Job Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVNovember 6, 2017
I use to try to dispell all the negative feedback that accompanied working for Dish even after I had been there for awhile. I turned a blind eye to everything going on under the surface. The place is a social nightmare that compares to high school. Meaning that no matter how hard you work if you are not in the "In" crowd you will only be crapped on and will be passed over for advancement. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to have to endure that place.
Pros
free tv
Cons
everything else
Dish Politics
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 5, 2017
You'll either thrive under Dish politics, be affected by them, or won't be there long enough to have them affect you.

Most of my coworkers were great, but management will weed you out if they don't like you.
Lets confuse you.
Retention/Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 4, 2017
I can't complain about the money but the benefits are not cute. Poor management and dinged for little things on phone calls. Rude management. The people I work with.
Overall good place to work. Some stressfull days, but overall goid place and good people to work with
Associate (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 3, 2017
Dish is a good place to work. We get basically free service. They offer Health, dental, vision, 401K, stock options, fair amount of paid days off and Holidays. The only negative for me is no sick days and very strict attendance policy. Attendance is on a points system, and it is very tight.
Pros
Benefits, good pay
Cons
Strict attendence policy
tough luck
SALES (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 1, 2017
great money, awful managment, great benefitts, been working here since april and ever since then its been hard because they forced me to go to a department i didnt want to be in
pays good, very stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVNovember 1, 2017
as a working mother, it was hard to balance work and home. They have amazing benefits and starting pay is above average.
the business model has changed since I departed my position
challenging and nitpicky
IHS Technician (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILNovember 1, 2017
After receiving decent training your managers expect you to be out there on your own and doing everything perfectly. They will ride you and nit pick your work. They push sales like crazy and just expect you to be able to sell to customers with no real training on the sales aspect at first. took 6 months to get sales training and it was held against me in my reviews before the training.
Pros
4 day work weeks
Cons
long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9