DISH

1.5K reviews

DISH Employee Reviews

Good
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2015
Good company meet a lot of people only downfall is they seem to let people go after awhile but good place to learn about job
productive work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pinebrook NJAugust 18, 2015
good sales start
good co workers
good pay
hardest part of the job is dealing with management
amazing place to learn sales
Great Pay and location was spot on!
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHAugust 17, 2015
Company seems to be good to work for, but its not what it seems behind closed doors if you will. Once hired, there are many shift changes they put you through, schedules are always being changed, days off moved around, seemed to care more about making sure you read the script right instead of helping the customer.
Dish
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: short breaks, does not work with schedules.
A typical day at work is assisting my customers needs. Whether it be their bill is too high or technical issues.
•Client Management. Create viable solutions for clients to reinforce loyalty among client base and develop profitable relationships based on satisfaction of anticipated client needs.
•Business Development. Transitioned company goals into a strategy that resulted in increased brand awareness, greater market share and increased revenue.
•Leadership. Demonstrated the ability to build and manage a team of customer-focused and efficient members who possess strong client relationship skills and the desire to go that extra mile to ensure client satisfaction.
Great Benefits/Not so great management.
Field Service Technician II (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 16, 2015
Pros: 85% off your Cable bill.
Cons: Micro-management, Long Drives
I learned a lot about my self in this job, i'm able to do things now that i learned from working at dish that i'm glad about, but i believe this job would be a lot better and more fun if we had betters managers. the co-workers are great. the hardest part about the job, its learning the technology, for the first time, everything else about the job is common sense. the most enjoyable part of the job is the pi bonus that you get for doing your job correctly.
High pressure metric driven performance
Management (Current Employee), North CarolinaAugust 14, 2015
Pros: The people you work with
Cons: Work life balance/benefits/expectations that cannot be met
Very metric driven, high pressure environment. Great place to work! Upper Management has a different culture than what office culture actually sees and produces. Not any serous job advancement opportunities.
Energetic workplace
Sales (Former Employee), Pine Brook, NJAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Free Dish Network service
Cons: 5 12 hour days a week
Working in fast paced sales environment. Working with others as a team to win rewards. Selling a good product. Learned all Dish Network services.
Good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 13, 2015
Pros: opportunity
Cons: inconsistincy
I would conduct team meeting (kudos or identify areas of improvement based on the stats the day before). I learned the importance of time management. My coworkers were AWESOME to work with. The hardest part of the job is when you see someone not applying their best effort or not displaying full potential. I very much enjoyed going into work.
Ok position with Ok pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 13, 2015
flexible working hours, hard to get to location hard to find food around. Pay is not great consider commute and stress of the job.
Good Job for a single man or woman not for people with famlies
Field Service Specialist 4 (Former Employee), Rolla, MOAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Long hours and being Nano Managed
You start the morning off by filling your van with inventory. Then finding your route to your first customer of the day. You deal with clean and very dirty houses. You must be willing to go into places most people will not tiny crawl spaces and attics. You install coaxial cable and reciever boxes to bring in tv to the customers home. You work a 10 to 14 hour day. So if you have family dont expect to see them at all on the days you work. They do pay good for around this area. It justs gets old dealing with getting cussed out by customers and getting bit by dogs.
productive and a place that takes care of it`s employees
level IV tech (Former Employee), murfreesboro,tnAugust 11, 2015
dish was a good place to work for excellent benefits and great supervisors they were very big on safety and supplied the techs. with everything they needed
Productive culture with great room for advancement
On The Job Trainer (OJT) (Former Employee), Alvin, TxAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Insurance prices.
Fun work place with supportive management.Not all about the number but how you grow and develop. Great opportunity for growth and excel to different levels of the company. Multiple schedules available. Paid time off.
Awesome Coaches and Staff
Certified Tech (Current Employee), Littleton, COAugust 9, 2015
Fellow employees are great and work hard. The teams are diverse and well cultured. I am proud to work with the people there. They make me feel welcome everyday.
Poor Benefits
Direct Sales Command Center Manager (Former Employee), Roseland, NJAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Free TV service
Cons: No work-life balance
It could be a great company to work for as long as you are not working for the Direct Sales Team. Employees are not treated with respect, there is no loyalty and compensation is far from what other companies offer.
Dish Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2015
Working out in the elements is tough,if it was snowing or 100 degrees out, there was still a demand to fill for the customers. You would usually work alone, but there would be times where someone would come help you if you get stuck on a project.
Good people go to Heaven, bad people go to Dish!
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Flushing, NYAugust 7, 2015
This is not my opinion alone! This is as Dish was rated the worst company to work for in America, three years in a row!

They pay peanuts, but they are asking for a lot!

I believe they have a department, all what they do is find out more ways to screw their employees.
Overall a good work experience working for Dish.
Remote Technician (Former Employee), Willmington, NCAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Work alone, flexible schedule, benifits
Cons: Working in hazzardus homes, poor work hours in winter
I was a remote technician and worked always alone. Dish gave me the training, tools, vehicle and on hand experience all paid for. The management was really good. I had two, a Field Service Manager(FSM) and a Office Manager (OM). My FSM would restock me every week so that would be the only time besides phone and email I would interact with management. Had some co-workers in my area and would see them if they needed a part, help, or questions. The job wasn't that hard at all itself it was the customers home and themselves that made it hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and a 10 hour 4 days on 3 days off schedule.
good start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thornton, COAugust 7, 2015
good easy place to work at. set schedule. good way to move up in the company. bonus is avail be. bad part is sitting down all day
Stressful but at times Rewarding
CSR/Sales (Former Employee), Alvin, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: competitive pay and rewards
Cons: insurance and stress from customers
Having to do any call center CSR job can be stressful. Being around so many people in the environment also can cause you to get sick easily. I decided to drop this job because for 2 weeks I got strep then my voice just went out and decided to go back to school.
productive and busy work environment
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2015
Full time job working 11 hour shifts. Fun work environment with very supportive team members. Metric and number based performance scales. A lot of availability to work overtime to make some extra money
Headquarters